Sagas of Nysa (D&D RP for 3)

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Well there's exile of course, tho that's rare. If your unsatisfied with your particular lordship you can sign with another, though your original lord gets an appeal in that event. And I suppose their's becoming a lord yourself *ha* though I don't think that's happened in years."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Really? What might becoming a lord entail?" Probably have to sleep with half the country.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"I'm sure I don't know madam, I haven't any such lofty aspirations myself. By the by, can I interest you in some of my wares?"
The faun has a cart with some random odds and ends including rations and adventuring gear.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Tori looked the wares over, but with the afterglow still going strong, she couldn't help but let her eyes wander to anything of a sexual nature.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Well he has a few transformative elixirs, (sold at a premium here in this society due to their high demand) he also has an assortment of dildos made mostly from highly polished wood, and some leather straps and slings cutely labed "riding gear"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Tori eyed the various potions, and elixirs. "What can you tell me about these?" she asked.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[Depends on if there is something in particular you're looking for. If there is roll for the supply move. If not I can just list off a few examples of transformatives you probably have already come across. Any if the rest of you can feel free to attempt the same if you like.]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As the faun rattled off a long list of potions and their effects, Tori kept an eye out for two things in particular. Alchemist fire [6 on supply roll], and holy water [6 again :confused:].

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
It would seem the knowledge needed to make alchemist's fire is something of a rarity in these times, this man also does not seem to have any items of religious significance. A real bummer for you.
[Take 2 Xp for the botched rolls.]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Well... balls," Tori muttered to herself as she parted ways with the merchant. Still, it did open up some possible avenues for making money and building public opinion. If that alchemist they had picked up knew how to make fire, or something similar, it could definitely help get some much-needed cash into the villagers pockets, and her own ability to produce holy water and blessings might just help win over some public opinion. For the time being, however, it was time to head back to the group. They needed to have a serious talk with the tanooki and figure out just how many of them wanted to stay, nd how many wanted to keep pressing onward.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Our heroes and the villagers spent a week scoping the lake out, and raising money for supplies by doing odd jobs. In doing so, the villagers showed that they are not just un-skilled vagabonds, and get to know the locals. The comings and goings of the Sidhe' people seem to indicate a few things; There seems to be an even mix of people who come here to the lake to vacation and spend some disposable income, and opportunists who some to the lake to peddle their wares or ply their trade (weather that's being a minstrel, masseuse, cook, or the stay prostitute.) The place has no permanent structures and just seems to revolve around a few well worn camping spots. The demographics of the Sidhe' seem largely distributed between Satyrs, Jackalopes, Centaurs, Cervitaurs, Fox-morphs, Minotaurs, Dog-morphs, with a minority of Otter people, Bird people, Sheeple, and most rare of all Naga. There are reports of several different Arch-Fey patron's that you catch wind of (at least 13) with varying degrees of popularity, tho most reviews are positive, and a forth one arrives The Baroness Thala Corgak. A half-orc/half elf (an extreme rarity here) she also begins clamoring for the favor of you and the villagers. The price of her tithe is identical to the rest, and her unique stipulation is that every other season a (small) number of her tithes may be called upon to help birth or sire a child with one of her warriors in high esteem. The child is then taken to be raised at their fort at the capital where they are trained from birth to be elite warriors. One other particular complication seems to crop up as well, it seems that according to Sidhe' law 'overly' monstrous humanoids such as trolls, demons, fomorians, cyclops etc. etc. are not eligible for citizenship. At best Tilde~ would be classified as a 'beast of burden' or a surf under the direct care of Alex or the Elder. Even the Baroness whom is sympathetic to her plight, can only guarantee that if Alex joins her troupe of soldiers that Tilde can be made an aide'du-comp or part of an honor guard.
As the week comes to a close, you awake on the seventh day and are greeted in the wee hours of the morning by the season's first frost.
What do you do?

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Seems obvious to Alex that she should go have word with this newcomer, and alone. She puts on her clothes and armour, not even shivering in the cold as she is used to much, much worse. Not remembering where she made her camp, she flags down the nearest of the Sidhe she can find.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
You are directed to the Baroness Corgak's large red tent with relative ease. The guard standing out front claims she is in the middle of taking her morning meal, but was instructed to show you right in if you came calling.

The Baroness is only wearing a simple pare of slacks as she wolfs down a plate of ham and eggs, bereft of her normally bright red armor adorned with numerous furs, you can see her scarred bosoms laid bare.

(Feel free to describe in more details her chambers if you so choose)

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
The tent has within it a number of trophies taken from beasts, both large and elusive, along with some taken from more humanoid creatures, such as Ogres.

"A pleasure to see you again, Baroness Corgak..." She says, curtly nodding at the warrior. "I was told you may have been expecting me to come around?"

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Figured you would wanna sign up with me, got a bet with Toby over there much to that effect. Its the life style really, the heat of battle, the fury and the hot hot blood of it. It's not really something you easily walk away from, nothing feels as real afterwards. I mean hell, I can't see you as a turnip farmer, can you?"
She wiping her mouth full of food as she finishes her meal.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Yes, it's just how my people are. And also if it helps Tilde out... the girl can be sweet if she wants to, or when you charm her enough."

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
She moves her plate and a book aside to reveal a blank contract.
"Got it all made up here, just sign on the dotted line. Don't mind the egg yoke stain."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Alex gives the contract a quick once-over again, though she has already spoken with the Baroness on the subject before. She signs her name on the dotted line, and lets out a big exhale. "There you go."

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Excellent, couldn't be more pleased. HEY Toby! You owe me 9 bucks! Glad to have you on board, if you need any amor repairs or new weapons, just say the word. And if any of your Tebuki pals are curious about joining up, you just sendem my way. Can always use more income to support the war efforts. Someone's gotta keep those savage northmen at bay."
She pats you on the back as she goes in for a firm hand shake.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Kaelys felt slightly larger by the week, her pregnancy advancing as time went along. She had been probing the locals for information and possibilities and she believed she had found a good way for the villagers to establish themselves properly in this new land. Some had already begun discussions about building proper hot springs within the lake and inspired by their moon festival from long ago and their floats, she had suggested building a floating inn in the middle of the lake for the richer patrons of the area to spend their earning at. The tenuki had the know how and the artisans needed to establish themselves in the area and even be self sufficient with enough time and resources.

The main problem still persisted. Different villagers found themselves allying their views to different patrons, which was something the elf had hoped to avoid at all costs. If the village kept together they would have cohesion and power behind their unity, but if they started to sign to different Archfey, they would inevitably be separated.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
After the week had passed, Tori felt better about the options available to the tanuki, and was pretty sure that they did to. Still, she felt it prudent to ask around, and get a feel for just how many of them wanted to stay. Regardless, it had become obvious that they would no longer be bound as a village, the fact that every member got to choose the patron they paid taxes to made sure of that, but they would still be united by race and tradition, and hat at least was comforting. So comforting, in fact, that when Kaelys had begun throwing around the idea of building an actual hot spring, she had jumped on the idea as a way to preserve the ties that united the tanuki, and give many of them a good place to start building a new life. The only question was; how to fund such an endeavor?

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Alex_____________________

"Oh just a stray tribe of orcs to the north, them and the flesh tribals, but thankfully they spend too much of their time quarreling with each other to pose too much of a problem to us."
Thala says casually,
"Now I know I said the people chosen to sire with my warriors each season is few in number and I hate to play this card right out of the gate, but since you are now one of my warriors I want you to go ahead and knock up that troll. I'm not sure what your relationship with her is but she seems to listen to you so I figure I wont be that difficult. If your not into the idea know that attraction is not a necessity here, I just need a viable pregnancy from your own loins. I understand trolls birth in litters so if you wanted to keep one for yourself that's fine, but having a half-troll serving in the ranks at my keep would be a huge boon to our efforts keeping the borders safe"

Tori and Kaelys______________

After conferring with the elder and other other tanuki they were met with resoundingly positive approval of the idea of developing the spring into a new village. Building the structure would not be hard given the tanuki's long tradition of wood working skill, the issue of finance however would be a bit trickier. Perhaps they could negotiate with one of the patrons to finance the idea and use large numbers of potential contracts as leverage.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Ummm... it's possible I may already have gotten her pregnant. When we met, me and another person ended up giving her alot of dick in exchange for safe passage. But if you really want me to make sure... I'll see if she wants to go again." She says, glad to hear Thala wasn't speaking of her people as savages.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[Technically your people live in the west]
"Good to hear, I look forward to the results. You are dismissed major, and remember speak to my aide du comp if you want any new weaponry, don't be afraid to requisition the exotic stuff either, that's what it's there for."

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Kaelys had been walking around the lake, questioning and prodding the locals as she saw Tori. The elf quickened her pace so they could walk together. "I've been meaning to approach the Duchess with a proposal. I know some of the villagers don't want to sign with her but I was hoping you might be able to help me convince them."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Alexandra nods and heads back out of the tent, to look for Tilde. First, she heads back to where the villagers made camp, to see if she had stuck around there.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Maybe a better approach would be to ask around the lords and see which ones are interested in building ventures. That way they can connect the dots between helping the newcomers, and getting a large number of new recruits themselves. That way they'll think it's their idea, and we don't have to commit any of the villagers until an agreement is reached," offered Tori.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"That is not a bad idea at all. It might separate the chaff from the wheat." The elf kept walking side by side with the huntress as she tried to think of how to best maximize their leverage in the soon to come negotiations. "How do you propose we do this? Letters or personally? I'm not sure meeting them again without showing some signed papers would please them."

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[You know the baron blackwood is big on venrure capitalism, and he comes here often enough that he might be interested. No way is he gonna fall for the "great idea, glad you had it" shtick tho, hes a bit to cunning for that. By the way, how seriously is tori taking her God's recommendation?]