Return of the Gynomorphs

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Read most of the docs a while back. Glad to hear that you've returned. This project seems really cool, best of luck to you.

Atomictaco

Sep 20, 2015
Thought it might be time to touch bases about the Gynomorph project, no the project is not dead its just that as of right now I'm in the middle of a major move to a new house and my focus is on that and not having a mental breakdown due to my desires of wanting to stay in the house I'm in now. However, one thing I need help with is the tf doc because it pulls as double duty as the starter race option for the PC so if anyone is good at making those pm me if you want to work on it.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I feel like I'm beginning to notice a disturbing trend in smut writers and how much real life likes to make people suffer.

Regardless, it's great to hear from you again.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I feel like I'm beginning to notice a disturbing trend in smut writers and how much real life likes to make people suffer.
Smut writing is a very time-consuming hobby. If you don't have an extensive block of free time in which to do it, it rarely gets done. Most people do not have that kind of free time, or only have it for short periods at a time, which is why most projects have to get done within the first month of starting or else they never get done at all. The longer a project takes, the more likely it is to enter a death spiral.

Expect to see one or two more one-sentence updates of this kind spaced a few months apart, followed by Atomictaco disappearing from the forums outright never to be seen again.

Atomictaco

Sep 20, 2015
Smut writing is a very time-consuming hobby. If you don't have an extensive block of free time in which to do it, it rarely gets done. Most people do not have that kind of free time, or only have it for short periods at a time, which is why most projects have to get done within the first month of starting or else they never get done at all. The longer a project takes, the more likely it is to enter a death spiral.

Expect to see one or two more one-sentence updates of this kind spaced a few months apart, followed by Atomictaco disappearing from the forums outright never to be seen again.
Doubt it, I'm just in a middle of a move but I will try to update as much as I can but there is no way in hell will I ever disappear from the forums or from this project.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Doubt it, I'm just in a middle of a move but I will try to update as much as I can but there is no way in hell will I ever disappear from the forums or from this project.
If you manage it, I'll be pleasantly surprised, and I wish you the best of luck in it. I just want to make it clear to those following the project, and I guess to you as well, that you're currently following the same track that usually comes with a project that stalls into oblivion. If you want to stop that, you'll need to make a conscious effort to do so.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Couch speaks the truth. When you will finish move on jsut sit and work on this content. Otherwise chances you find excuse to not work may suddenly pop up again.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
If this thing is haunting you, it might be best to just stop working on it. Nobody will think worse of you for doing so.

Condensing the entire project down to simply a TF or a single encounter is also a good alternative, if you really just want to get it done.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
And with each hands change is seems to have slight less and less chance to be finished :(

Atomictaco

Sep 20, 2015
As an up yours to those who assume this project is not going to be finished I give you a big update to the Jack Erwin doc just look towards the bottom for the meeting of Courtella, Jack and Chrysalis. The rest will be finished later this afternoon seeing as I'm posting this in midnight of the 31st of December and I need my sleep to keep the infinite void of time and space that is my mind fresh.

Reactions: Lord Lodestar

Kirovreporting

Aug 28, 2015
Leaving some comments on it for you. It might be prudent to give things a once over after you've written them because those sentences just keep on going.
Also, quick refresher on one of the cardinal rules of Fen games: never tell the players exactly what their character said.

Last edited:

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
like the new scene! keep it up never had any doubts

Atomictaco

Sep 20, 2015
Leaving some comments on it for you. It might be prudent to give things a once over after you've written them because those sentences just keep on going.
Also, quick refresher on one of the cardinal rules of Fen games: never tell the players exactly what their character said.
Yeah when rereading my work the sentences clunked like an unbalanced washer. By the way what do you mean by "never tell the players exactly what their character said"? Also if you are viper32153 then thank you for the help those made the sentences run much better, if that's not you then still thank you whoever you are.

Kirovreporting

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah that's me.
The general consensus for player dialogue in Fen games is that you give the players an idea of what their avatar said without actually telling them so they can fill in the blanks.

Kirovreporting

Aug 28, 2015
General consensus.
Last I remember hearing it was frowned upon to tell the player what Cpt. Steele/The Champion said. (as in, for example, "Go fuck yourself, Jack/Jill." rather than You tell Jack/Jill to go fuck themselves)

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
It isn't general consensus if that isn't what creators agree on.

The actual general consensus is more like "it should be used sparingly", rather than "never do it"

Atomictaco

Sep 20, 2015
So here's a fun little question for all writers out there do any of you sometimes have trouble spelling the simplest of words? I swear trying to work on this I always have to stop and spell check everything I type out.

Atomictaco

Sep 20, 2015
I know that feel, taco. How goes the project, by the way?
Don't worry project is not dead and neither am I. I'm just in the middle of a move hopefully I will be done moving in by next week I will try to add a bit this week but after I've moved in to my new place I can get back to it in full.

Here is a good piece of advice for others who might be moving as well, while lifting straps are great because you don't have to bend down to pick up something if you try to use them with someone to lift a freezer your back will still ache days latter especially if you already have a weak back from a prior injury.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Ouch... Hope your back recovers soon. Good luck with settling into your new place.

Atomictaco

Sep 20, 2015
Thought I'd leave a fun little update to anyone still watching this first off I nor is the project dead I had a spark of what I thought was brilliance which later turned out to be the dumbest idea I could ever have. While looking over everything I have I thought "Instead of one Gynomorph why not two?" so I was working on a replacement for Courtella where you would experience a one in a big fucking chance moment where two eggs were implanted so you would have twins to raise their personalities would have been opposites of each other where one is quiet and loves to just cuddle up to the PC and the other wants to get out and explore a whole lot. After getting nearly half way done I stopped and looked and decided nope not gonna happen it just seemed too far fetched even for this game or at the very least for your character. I may hold on to the idea for a different set of characters who run a store together like that but I'm not replacing Courtella she will stay. And before anyone asked no this is not an April Fools prank this was the reason why you haven't seen any updates in the past weeks, yeah I am that big of an idiot. Nothing else to say except thank you for your patience and stand by for more updates to the project at the very least finishing it.