Baby home

Mar 2, 2016
Where is the nursery? I don't know much. Also do the kids grow up in there than move out.  Or are they stuck there forever 

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
At the moment, they are stuck there until someone writes some scenes of them moving out (probably when they come of a fully matured age).

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Aside from maybe Venus Pitchers, there's no way your kids are going to grow up within the context of TiTS' story -- you shouldn't be spending 18 years wandering around the galaxy. So that sort of thing probably won't be included.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
The water princesses have been forgotten and abandoned by their daddy... 

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Water princesses seem to be a maturation anomaly; since if they have been just given birth to at the nursery (or on Tavros for that matter--if not, just a number of hours off), they appear as little squirts out of the womb... but visiting their room shows that they have become giants already!

FrankenApple

Mar 29, 2016
What about raskvel kids tho? They are supposed to be fast growers. They also reach sexual maturity after just 2 years - rask incest wen? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
What about raskvel kids tho? They are supposed to be fast growers. They also reach sexual maturity after just 2 years - rask incest wen? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

I've added a retrofix for them to show up on the nursery computer--they will mature 6x the rate of normal humans, so about 3 years until legal maturity (biologically, it can be inferred in that 2-3 year range). No interactions however, since I don't think there are any written for them.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Psh, just wait till you see my Jill Epilogue.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
So that anomaly grown rate for lil crabby girls would be up to somehow tone down? Like not making them accesabel for few days and then their would be those gigantic girls already as for their biological age? xD

jarllee97

Jun 13, 2016
So that anomaly grown rate for lil crabby girls would be up to somehow tone down? Like not making them accesabel for few days and then their would be those gigantic girls already as for their biological age? xD

A possible work around so that they stay in the nursery despite the accelerated age, they may stay to help raise the young as a kinda baby sitter (like kid A from coc)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
A possible work around so that they stay in the nursery despite the accelerated age, they may stay to help raise the young as a kinda baby sitter (like kid A from coc)

Umm what I was saying was about fact that if I get it right (I hope I not read it wrong then my replies was basicaly pointless ones) was that after crab girls come to nursery after like going out and get in growing to quite large size as for their biological age. So that why I made suggestion their should be counted on nursery computer but not accesable till few days later to justify them been already so grown up.

Cripto

Jul 26, 2016
Vashon, WA
I haven't had the time to play the game for a while (or post on the forums for a while) but is the nursery up and running on the main game, outside of the backer game, yet?

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Awesome! Been looking forward to that! Now if only I could see the child that my Steel and one of the Venai have....I think she would be so adorable!!

You won't see that child in the nursery because you never see that vanae again and she keeps the child.

Cripto

Jul 26, 2016
Vashon, WA
You won't see that child in the nursery because you never see that vanae again and she keeps the child.

I know, but I mean the encounter never changes (first time with Steel or missed her target) so that would imply a large amount of population...which isn't true since the codex says they don't have a large population type of society. Which would mean that, either they actually do have a large pop and nobody knows about it or you end up with the same one at some point with memory loss. Further, since the Codex says they have a short gestation period, you'd have high odds of screwing your own daughter eventually...and all that without ever seeing the Home for these folks (something I really would love to see)

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I know, but I mean the encounter never changes (first time with Steel or missed her target) so that would imply a large amount of population...which isn't true since the codex says they don't have a large population type of society. Which would mean that, either they actually do have a large pop and nobody knows about it or you end up with the same one at some point with memory loss. Further, since the Codex says they have a short gestation period, you'd have high odds of screwing your own daughter eventually...and all that without ever seeing the Home for these folks (something I really would love to see)

It's not the same vanae you encounter every time. It's a generic encounter.

There won't be any new content for the vanae cause their author left the community.

Timeagain

Aug 27, 2015
Jim did have an expansion for a Vanae Maiden that I think was either finished or nearly done.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I not sure but it was some time ago said (but quite long ago) that Jim may been woring on Embry one stuff but that up to clarify by person that was back then telling us msg's he was getting from Jim himself. I not quite sure who was this person here with still some contacts to Jim.

K

Krynh

I not sure but it was some time ago said (but quite long ago) that Jim may been woring on Embry one stuff but that up to clarify by person that was back then telling us msg's he was getting from Jim himself. I not quite sure who was this person here with still some contacts to Jim.

I'm probably wrong, but I thought it was Nik who had the special line to jim?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I'm probably wrong, but I thought it was Nik who had the special line to jim?

Jim's last reply was in June, and around the start of July the version of the Embry doc that he modified compared to the ones he left initially and that Eva based hers upon got lost with the last of his other undeleted smut docs.

Snusnu Schnitzel

Oct 22, 2016
Jim's last reply was in June, and around the start of July the version of the Embry doc that he modified compared to the ones he left initially and that Eva based hers upon got lost with the last of his other undeleted smut docs.

I've got a version of Embry's X-pack but it was from February; his forum profile also shows his last post on the same month. Did he make changes or updates that I'm not aware of? Also, I'm curious why he essentially cut himself off from the Fen community. Even if he wasn't writing for TiTS anymore, surely he could still play the game and still be involved in forum discussions. I have an unconfirmed suspicion it was more of a release to both him and the community, by completely shutting down the hope & temptation that he come back writing for TiTS again.

Edit: I just noticed even though his last post dated Feb 2016, his last login was Nov 2015. Did he not clear his cookies and relog into the forums for those intervening months or is that a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cripto

Jul 26, 2016
Vashon, WA
I've got a version of Embry's X-pack but it was from February; his forum profile also shows his last post on the same month. Did he make changes or updates that I'm not aware of? Also, I'm curious why he essentially cut himself off from the Fen community. Even if he wasn't writing for TiTS anymore, surely he could still play the game and still be involved in forum discussions. I have an unconfirmed suspicion it was more of a release to both him and the community, by completely shutting down the hope & temptation that he come back writing for TiTS again.

Edit: I just noticed even though his last post dated Feb 2016, his last login was Nov 2015. Did he not clear his cookies and relog into the forums for those intervening months or is that a bug?

No idea for the odd log in, but as to him disappearing, it could be a number of things. Whatever it was, it was his own business if nobody knows about it. Could have been real life calling or it could have been time issues or could have been a disagreement with the other writers, but asking as to why he is gone is a dangerous thing as it treads into the private lives of others. 

I realize that that it may sound like I'm lecturing, but I'm just saying as a warning that this conversation could turn into rumors and hear-say very quickly.

Snusnu Schnitzel

Oct 22, 2016
No idea for the odd log in, but as to him disappearing, it could be a number of things. Whatever it was, it was his own business if nobody knows about it. Could have been real life calling or it could have been time issues or could have been a disagreement with the other writers, but asking as to why he is gone is a dangerous thing as it treads into the private lives of others. 

I realize that that it may sound like I'm lecturing, but I'm just saying as a warning that this conversation could turn into rumors and hear-say very quickly.

Apologies, you're right of course. I was being insensitive; I did not mean to pry into the personal lives of others like that. Jim's a very talented writer and I simply loved every single piece of content he wrote so when I heard that he left I felt a bit sad and regretful I did not get a chance to speak with him before. He sounds like a cool guy :)  Life happens, I understand.

Back on topic though, if anyone has Jim's most recent Docs saved for posterity I would really appreciate the chance to read them as Jim had planned before he left. Perhaps @Nonesuch, @argenten or @noobsaleh?

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Obviously that's not a call to throw ideas out and expect anything to happen, but if I were to go by the general response to the question of "but what kind of pregshit do you want, children?" the only pregnancy content that there's any kind of interest in is Jim's old stuff and... Savin's characters. Which are second-to-last and dead last, respectively, on the list of "things what might get pregshit content eventually."

Surely y'all are more creative than that. :p  

But Misty, we want exactly what we can't have! Tis a forbidden fruit that is made all the sweeter the harder it becomes to acquire after all.