Reaha Backer Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Reaha is going to be extraordinarily displeased with you if you get her Treated.

I thought it wasn't going to be the PC's fault though? What happened to her fam tattling on her?

Why are you interacting with Reaha if you like the Treatment? She's literally Anti-Treatment: the Character.

Meh, I like both the Treatment and Reaha.

irioth

May 12, 2016
Why are you interacting with Reaha if you like the Treatment? She's literally Anti-Treatment: the Character. I'd be hard-pressed to make a character with more completely valid reasons to hate everything about the Treatment and NT. I'd recommend just not dealing with her if it bugs you that much.

... Honestly I don't really get why Reaha would interact with a Treated Steele in the first place. I get that Steele buys her, so she doesn't have much of a choice, but still. I'd think a Treated Steele would just really piss Reaha off to no end.

Well, I really like to have Reaha around as a crewmate and member of Steele's harem when she develops her sunny, affectionate disposition with high confidence and freedom. I hate her for being an anti-Treatment mouthpiece but she's not talking about NT I can pretend in my headcanon she has a different background.

As for your second point, I assume it is because in Reaha's eyes, a Treated Steele is not really Treated. Her models of how a Treated woman would behave are shaped by NT culture and the examples of her mother and older sisters. Treated Steele is way different: she is a badass space adventuress who kicks ass, explores exciting new worlds, and manages a complex quest to reclaim her CEO heritage. Treated Steele fucks a lot all the time anywhere she goes, but usually it is on her own agency and she's the Alpha of her own harem (barring rare exceptions like Gene and Xanthe). She's nothing like the NT cowgirls Reaha knows as a model of how Treated women would be, despite having the same body and libido.

Yeah I think if PC not going specialy to make Reaha confidence drop she will hit 100% confident around halfway of curing therapy ^^

Yep, but you only learn that after you have gone treating her addiction for a good while, and the Cured quest happens after you are done with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I thought it wasn't going to be the PC's fault though? What happened to her fam tattling on her?

So basically, the PC gets invited by Reaha's family. Reaha asks you not to take her, and if you do take her, you're invited to spend the night. Reaha, again, says "Hey, let's go please." Ignore her a second time and she gets rustled by the Texas Space Rangers or whatever. This both serves to give the player some warning of "Hey, something's gonna happen if you keep this up" and then also is the vector by which she blames you.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
So basically, the PC gets invited by Reaha's family. Reaha asks you not to take her, and if you do take her, you're invited to spend the night. Reaha, again, says "Hey, let's go please." Ignore her a second time and she gets rustled by the Texas Space Rangers or whatever. This both serves to give the player some warning of "Hey, something's gonna happen if you keep this up" and then also is the vector by which she blames you.

Can you tell the rangers to, you know, "fuck off" ?

irioth

May 12, 2016
PC is still an idiot for even taking her to NT in the first place.

Irredeemable idiocy.

Noobie, you like everything. :p  

Welp, there's the issue. Not that I'm saying you can't do that, but I was struggling to understand how you even liked her if her anti-Treatment mindset was that unappealing.

Seems like a lot of mental gymnastics to justify something, but whatever works, I guess. *shrug*

Well, some mental gymnastics is worth the price of having her as my second preferred crewmate/fuckbuddy after Anno. I like her when she's not talking about NT, I hate her when she becomes a mouthpiece for anti-Treatment propaganda. But it's not like she does it all the time (otherwise i agree I'd have swiftly booted her out and forgot about her) or even outside specific points in her quests. Take into account I already use a certain amount of headcanon about the Treatment because I like my bimbos a lot for the body and the libido, but I like them just as much to be smart and not too submissive. Hence I regard Treated Steele not as the rare exception that exists to make the PC playable, but as a typical example of how Treated women can be in the right circumstances and environment.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
Welp. Fuck Reaha's parents. Im not hanging out with snitches  :mad:

irioth

May 12, 2016

By 'take her' do you mean take her on the planet, or off the ship and in the middle of NT ? Would she safe if the PC visits NT but keeps her on the ship, or once she is on the planet, the only escape is not to stay the night ? It would be very tiresome if once this quest is active Steele cannot safely visit NT anymore if Reaha stays a crewmember.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
By 'take her' do you mean take her on the planet, or off the ship and in the middle of NT ? Would she safe if the PC visits NT but keeps her on the ship, or once she is on the planet, the only escape is not to stay the night ? It would be very tiresome if once this quest is active Steele cannot safely visit NT anymore if Reaha stays a crewmember.

Read the rest of that post.

Reaha will only get taken if you spend the night with her family during a specific event.

irioth

May 12, 2016
Oh. Well that's another massive leap, because the PC is a super special snowflake for everything, not just the Treatment. :p  

But hey, that's a much nicer way of looking at NT than what the games throws at you, so I don't fault you for that mindset.

The PC is a super special snowflake for everything because she's been genegineered and VR-trained to be so since before she was conceived, but it is not like a lot of other people cannot be the same with access to the right resources in this far-future advanced society. So the PC is a super special snowflake by nature, but she's not a rare, exceptional super special snowflake. There are in all likelihood thousands, millions of individuals like her around the galaxy.

Read the rest of that post.

Reaha will only get taken if you spend the night with her family during a specific event.

Well, this is way reassuring. So I get the best course during this event is to excuse yourself from staying or declining the invitation since Reaha is a crewmember, and then the event runs its course and our little cowgirl is safe forevermore. And Steele can keep indulging in NT sex tourism once in a while.

irioth

May 12, 2016
That's a nice way of saying "dragged off by the literal NT secret police the makes sure no one can escape brainwashing even if they've left the planet and made a life elsewhere because the tradition of a New Texas 'birthright' supercedes all individual desire without exception and I'm going to stop this before I start hyperventilating."

Yeah, but to be fair this event is not really different from a million Star Trek:NG episodes where they visit a planet with some bizarre, off-putting ironclad cultural tradition or taboo they do not know about, a crewmember unwittingly breaks it by sneezing or jaywalking, the locals seize them for execution/slavery/forced marriage, and the crew struggles to find some loophole around the problem, instead of threatening to nuke the planet from orbit or deploying some good old phaser diplomacy like Kirk would have done, because of stupid Prime Directive shit and Picard being a pacifist by-the-book idiot. For all its faults, the UGC shows a much more practical attitude around Myrellion, and the locals show an appropriate fear of offending or abusing offworlders too much. On the other hand, Steele on her own is not (yet) in a position where she can threaten to go General Order 24 on NT, and planetary government disarms offworld visitors.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
For all its faults, the UGC shows a much more practical attitude around Myrellion, and the locals show an appropriate fear of offending or abusing offworlders too much.

The UGC's attitude towards Myrellion is terrible, and no, it very much does not stop the locals abusing offworlders. They only positioned a Damocles fleet there because a corporation demanded it so they had a timeframe in which to exploit some of the populace. You are shown the myr and the nyrea abducting offworlders repeatedly, so obviously the threat it presents instils little to no respect towards aliens in general.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
 You are shown the myr and the nyrea abducting offworlders repeatedly, so obviously the threat it presents instils little to no respect towards aliens in general.

Oh? I don't remember much more then the probe quest. Where in Myrellion is the abducting scenes?

irioth

May 12, 2016
The UGC's attitude towards Myrellion is terrible, and no, it very much does not stop the locals abusing offworlders. They only positioned a Damocles fleet there because a corporation demanded it so they had a timeframe in which to exploit some of the populace. You are shown the myr and the nyrea abducting offworlders repeatedly, so obviously the threat it presents instils little to no respect towards aliens in general.

On second thoughts, you have a point, but I suppose these are the drawbacks of your galactic superpower having an ultra-capitalist megacorporate system. The TiTS far future is utopian in certain ways (the sexually liberated culture, the advanced massively multispecies interstellar civilization, widespread transhumanist technology and acceptance thereof), dystopian in others (the main galactic superpower having a cutthroat megacorporate government, the tolerance of debt and sapient AI slavery).

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
So, if I'm guessing right

-Reaha->Cured= +Confidence +No Penis +No Treatment + Cured Reaha from now on

as long as you don't screw up visiting NT

-Reaha->Cured/Non-Cured +Screwing up in NT = +Confidence +Penis +Forced Treatment +Amazon body

As much as I love dicks, my despise for forced TF will make me stay a mile away from her Treated route. Maybe, in the far future, an option for a non-treated herm Reaha will be available.

P.S: Strapons are laaaaaame. Get the real thing, gals.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
It is anything but. It's the superior option for those not interested in creampies or... those weird wrinkly things that dangle below dicks. All of the benefits of a dick with none of the permanence or hassle. And I like to imagine they make cool lightsaber sounds when they turn on. So they've got dicks beat in basically every meaningful capacity. ;)  

I really needed that. This made my whole day xD  

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com

So basically the New Texan equivalent of getting bimbo liquor, then leaving it sitting out where Jojo works out so that he'll accidentally on purpose wind up drinking it?

Primename

Dec 5, 2015
Why do I have the oddest feeling this is going to end up like Steph's NT visit...

Fenoxo

Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Also, I'm not entirely why they would do that. If anyone who escaped was re-dosed on a later visit as (or with) a rich tourist, it would probably be well known among anyone raised on New Texas. That is, Reaha would know the space gestapo were coming for her and would likely mention as much to the PC.

But honestly, I'm not sure why they'd do that. At that point person is no longer a New Texan citizen and could've gained citizenry on another world - at which point forced Treatment could set off a diplomatic episode, possibly endangering NT's ability to continue to lean on a Drug/Microsurgeon cocktail that's banned the universe over.

Fenoxo

Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Savin likes to make everything I make rapier than I intended QQ.

(edited): First Kiro, then New Texas with Steph, now New Texas again...  I'm not letting anybody fuck up New Canada.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
So the PC is a super special snowflake by nature, but she's not a rare, exceptional super special snowflake. There are in all likelihood thousands, millions of individuals like her around the galaxy.

The only other characters we've met in Steele's profession are much, much weaker and less competent than Captain Steele, except maybe Kiro who we've never actually seen fight.  Make no mistake, Steele has a lot of exceptionalism going for them, sometimes as a narrative device and sometimes because game mechanics require that things be changed for the PC to make writing and coding easier.

Fenoxo

Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Dane is a special 1 in a thousand snowflake. Shade is special as hell (special snowflake cunt-snake even). Queen Irellia is the only gold myr queen with an extra, etc etc. The list goes on!

As for "weaker or less competent" that has more to do with the PC being the main character and the only one who actually levels up. Also players tend to hate when they get forced into losing fights (See the silence)

Status
Not open for further replies.