Vic 2.0 (Not you)

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
*awkward wince*

My bad.

Regardless, I do agree that an unknown clone opens up a lot of opportunity. Might actually make it fit into the game plot. 

That wasn't directed specifically at you, Myst! It takes two to tango, as they say.

Of the options I brought up earlier, I feel like the Xenogen angle has the most potential to it. They've cloned Vic, not once, but dozens of times, each time experimenting on his damaged DNA umtil he degenerates and dies, and then they print out another one. The latest in the line finds out what they were up to and flees, but not before they give him a couple parting gifts: a deep-seated distrust of basically everybody, and a genetic disease that leaves him weeks to live. His quest would involve first fighting him, then gaining his trust, and tracking down the lab where they were experimenting on him, where Steele fights alongside his/her father to destroy the lab and prevent Vic's genetic legacy from being further abused. Finally, Vic says farewell to his child and flies off to some resort planet to pass his short time remaining in peace... after a threesome with Steele and Anno, just for old time's sake.

...I've been looking for a starter project to be my first contribution to TiTS...

Last edited by a moderator:

MilitaryAaa

Aug 30, 2015
All this debating reminds me of the argument in DBZ of weather Goku is a good parent or not. Honestly while I can never see Vic win #1 Dad I can't see him as this horrible, zero parenting, skills, failure of a father.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
What if instead of XenoGen who made the clone, though, it was Max Corp.... 

So instead of being a side or one-off thing, clone/robo Vic will replace Rival #1 on the grounds of their complete and total failure?

Maybe Uncle suspected from the start that Cousin will prove to be near useless and will at best inconvenience and annoying the PC, so he got to plan B. He could have easily used himself as a cell donor, shift the makeup to look like Vic and download all the relevant information he has regarding Victor that he had gathered from decades of spying on him and Steele Tech.

I like it. Beat Victor at doing the rat race he molded after his own adventures, and prove to be a better Rusher than the most famous and successful one of the last two centuries. I'm not sure how much redemption arc and/or clone blues I would like to see in this recipe, but the basic premise seems cool.

You come up with the best ideas, Savin-senpai.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Evil/Robo/Clone Vic. Let's call him "Dick".

Sent by Uncle Max after Jill fails her quest twice. First by falling for the PC and second by being saved by said PC from her arranged marriage.

Misty's already started working on it.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Operation: Real Steele

I like to imagine that Max has spliced himself so far that thanks to medicine advancements he'll live for a good long time more, but unfortunately looks like Jabba the Hut. He also runs a sex slave ring.

Anyway, he takes a brain scan of Vic from right before his demise (because space magic) and puts it in a robot. But the robot is too much like Vic, and just wants to have some drinks and chill with a beautiful woman. So Max has to to then set his switch to Evil mode . Anyway then Anno hacks him or something.

What the fuck am I even talking about.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
"Operation: Max is so fucking lazy he would literally bring his more successful and likable brother back to life just so he himself didn't have to get off his ass and do something" is a go.

Might change the name.

Call it operation: miss fucking lazy (he could be a she now, for all we know)

So the current idea going on in this thread is that Max secretly creates a Vic clone/robot who will do all his dirty work for him? Just like the old days, but easier. Must be pretty nostalgic.

But how would he do it? Would he program Vic 2.0 with the knowledge from the first - the part where he was dying and got a kid? And then make him believe that it's his goal to find all the probes for some reason or the other.

Or just have him remember his skills and have him believe he's a rusher working under Max?

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016

Off-topic, but are there actual plans for a Jill redemption arc and possible cousincest?

(I can't remember boyJill's namr because I never pick him :S)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
What if instead of XenoGen who made the clone, though, it was Max Corp.... 

Hey I just realized, it was Savin that started this far.

Also Jack doesn't exist. Jill is canon. I know this because Savin definitely told me on Discord. There are...plans. Sort of.

Gram

Aug 21, 2016
The concept of a not-all-there robo-vic as an antagonist intrigues me immensely, so much so as to make me stop lurking and make an account to say that this is a thing that I think would be cool. There's a lot of fascinating directions that it could go, running the gamut of absurd and silly to haunting and dark. Given that Vic dying was a pretty important point, I feel like a malfunctioning robo-dad would fit better in the haunting and dark category and would make for an A++ villain for Steele's story, especially since it ought to have at least a good chunk of Vic's spacer memories in there, and if his backstory is anything to go off of, Vic was one hell of a talented rusher.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
There's a lot of fascinating directions that it could go, running the gamut of absurd and silly to haunting and dark.

Porque no los dos?

Ideally it would be pretty disturbing for Steele but still having moments with low tension that allow you to draw on the inherent humor in the situation. After you beat him the first time and reach a truce, for example, or maybe a shipboard encounter with Anno that can get a call back during The Inevitable Sex Scene (tm).

The more I talk about this the more I want to write it.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Well, I'm writing a dumb little fanfic about Jill, which is more what I was referencing there, but I do know that the all-powerful @Savin is going to do something with the Rival at some point in the far-flung future. What exactly it's going to be, I dunno. I doubt its even on his priority list at the moment, though. Poor 'mander has like a hundred thousand things to do. Pupper sloots don't write themselves.

Savin is just waiting for you to finish your Jill diaries so that he can put all that into a story for the game :D Because you do Jill better than anyone and he knows that.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Savin is just waiting for you to finish your Jill diaries so that he can put all that into a story for the game :D Because you do Jill better than anyone and he knows that.

You fool! Now Savin won't be able to do this all sneaky like, in order to maintain his pride as an author. So we will be left without the tsunder!Jill, redemption arc or sweet sweet yuri. For shame.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016

Can I get a link to these stories?

e: since she's the author guess I should @IVIysteriousPerson

e2: and I guess I should do it properly instead of accodentally linking to her profile instead

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
https://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4039-tits-the-diary-of-jill-steele/ here you go, friend. The link to the doc itself is in the OP of the topic.

Thank you!

Is it really fanfic if the person writing it is an officially recognized content creator and could very well submit them for inclusion in the game? P sure that just makes it a POV novel. If FenCo got a portion of the royalties due to owning the character, you could legally publish it, Myst.

And you should. Doo eet.

F

Franks

Determining a child's future and assigning them a reason for existence before they're even conceived is being a terrible, self-obsessed parent. Full stop. I don't care if Vic would take a bullet for Steele Jr., because he'd probably just bleed out with an expectant look in his eyes and a shit-eating grin as he assumes it is a given fact that his child will echo his every sentiment and characteristic. It's about Vic's mindset as a father, not his actions. It's about the standards and expectations Steele is held to without their own input. To be so egotistical as to plot out your child's future in every conceivable capacity, and then posthumously enforce that plot through pure assumption and narcissistic momentum, is... disgusting.

All of the different upbringing blurbs always struck me as Vic weighing the pros and cons of the long-term effects on Steele, specifically pertaining to their ability to jump through the hoops he sets up. He went about planning his kid's childhood with the mindset of a minmax'ing gamer. 

Steele's entire life is controlled by Vic, and his obvious, overbearing expectations are present every step of the way. He doesn't even properly explain himself to Steele, but Steele just goes with it. Probably because they were never allowed any kind of self-determination in their entire life up to that point.

He didn't even tell his child he was going to die. He knew, and he didn't say anything

And yet, he was perfectly content hanging a much larger sword above your head:

Because fuck you and your dreams. You're not allowed to have dreams, you have a shadow to stand in. Even if one day you do cast your own, eerily similar shadow...

That's the last thing he fucking says to you. THAT.

And, given everything surrounding Briget and Steele's actual mother, there's at least some evidence to support the idea that Vic was a pretty lackadaisical "show dad" at best, and completely distant at worst. There seems to be a rather large misconception going around that an affluent life is immediately a happy and/or fulfilling life, too...

I'm sorry, Codecat. I don't mean to take this out on you. Should probably just delete this, but I went through all the trouble to dig up those blurbs, and I want people to maybe see where I'm coming from when I say I think Vic is terrible father. Please don't hate me. :<

I don't hate you, I just think you're taking this way, way, way too seriously.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
It's an AU fanfic insomuch as it ignores several aspects of canon in favor of my own condensed and streamlined version of events that let me focus on what I what to focus on while disregarding a huge number of equally valid potentialities. If I were ever to draw something like it up for submission consideration, it would need a huge amount of work put into it to accommodate stuff like Jack, male PC's, herm PC's, and probably a few canon things that have already happened to Jill that I ignore (the zil orgy comes to mind).

I'm flattered that what is essentially two hours worth of idle fantasizing has garnered such a positive response, but it's really not that big of a deal. I'm positive that whatever ends up happening to Jack/Jill over the course of actual TiTS canon will be much more interesting on the whole. Unless everyone's fantasies literally line up exactly with mine, I guess.

I tend to do that for things I care about. It's a severe character flaw. If I was a mod and could purge this whole thread of that discussion, I would, but I can't. To be honest, I don't really know why a mod hasn't, but I digress. Point and laugh all you want, but let's not dig the topic back up again. Please.

You have nothing to apologize for except for being overzealous. Triggers are a real thing whatever anti-SJWs say, and if a (perceived) neglectful father is a trigger for you, you can't help that. My dig earlier wasn't serious.

I'm new here, Myst, but from what I've seen of you around the forum you tend to be way, way too hard on yourself. You are a wonderful, beautiful, unique human being with a big talent for writing. Don't take out your frustrations on yourself. You're worth more than that.

...I went to Pride today and I want everyone in the world to feel as good as I do today :D

e: I also got really high today and my language skills are suffering for it lol

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
You fool! Now Savin won't be able to do this all sneaky like, in order to maintain his pride as an author. So we will be left without the tsunder!Jill, redemption arc or sweet sweet yuri. For shame.

Silly Nik, the 'mander will do whatever the hell he damned well pleases unless FenTedGed says, "NO! BANHAMMER!", and you know it.

Is it really fanfic if the person writing it is an officially recognized content creator and could very well submit them for inclusion in the game? P sure that just makes it a POV novel. If FenCo got a portion of the royalties due to owning the character, you could legally publish it, Myst.

Fanfic is defined by non-canon content, not the source, UNLESS it is retconned by the author. In this case Fen is the author and Fen has not made it canon yet.

You have nothing to apologize for except for being overzealous. Triggers are a real thing whatever anti-SJWs say, and if a (perceived) neglectful father is a trigger for you, you can't help that. My dig earlier wasn't serious.

I'm new here, Myst, but from what I've seen of you around the forum you tend to be way, way too hard on yourself. You are a wonderful, beautiful, unique human being with a big talent for writing. Don't take out your frustrations on yourself. You're worth more than that.

...I went to Pride today and I want everyone in the world to feel as good as I do today :D

e: I also got really high today and my language skills are suffering for it lol

Thank you for finding good words to help say to our Mysty.

I don't really like bringing SJWs, vicariously through their enemies, into it. I'm kinda tired of the whole speak loudly enough and the world will slap you down thing. Actions speak louder than words and always have, but destroying our society won't help any either. I dunno, I see lots of people talking about the problems and no one presenting any real solutions.

Your words are NOT suffering your emotions are leading instead of your head though and that can be good sometimes.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
stuff like Jack, male PC's, herm PC's, and probably a few canon things that have already happened to Jill that I ignore (the zil orgy comes to mind).

I'm flattered that what is essentially two hours worth of idle fantasizing has garnered such a positive response, but it's really not that big of a deal. I'm positive that whatever ends up happening to Jack/Jill over the course of actual TiTS canon will be much more interesting on the whole. Unless everyone's fantasies literally line up exactly with mine, I guess.

I tend to do that for things I care about. It's a severe character flaw. If I was a mod and could purge this whole thread of that discussion, I would, but I can't. To be honest, I don't really know why a mod hasn't, but I digress. Point and laugh all you want, but let's not dig the topic back up again. Please.

He should be retconned*! In all seriousness though, they wouldn't have given us the choice of picking his gender if he wasn't going to be sexable, which necessitates letting the player pick his gender. But what if you change your mind afterwards?

*In Ye Olde TiTs, I think the rival was just automatically the opposite of your PC's starting gender, no?

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
@razorrozar I'll give you the editing, but I don't know many people that don't go back and correct, almost constantly, while typing. Having to go back and correct things is actually the largest time eater in touch-typing wpm calculations, so you're not alone even if you are high or whatever else may be involved in your "loss of perceived faculty".

@noobsaleh I still think that the rival should JUST be Jill. But then I was never very big on "traps" or fembois. So meh, whatever floats your kink.