Return to Mareth. (OOC comments and discussion)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Okay, everyone, just a heads up, if nobody posts anything by tomorrow then I'm going to go ahead and advance the story.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Well, I know Mafia said they were going to be busy for a bit. not sure when they will be back... said three days five days ago. I also isn't my scene right now :p  

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
I've noticed Woider checking in, but they haven't been posting on anything as far as I can tell. I assume something came up IRL, but since I haven't heard anything from them one way or the other, I'm going to continue the story if they don't post soon; rather than hold everyone else in limbo.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
That is troubling. I wonder what is stopping him from posting here if he is online. I know for a fact that right now he is sleeping/just got his day started. So give him a while before making any sort of call. 

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
I'll give it twenty four hours, but then I do think it'll be time to move on. I know Gamer, and Mafia, have been posting on other things, and the scene was already kind of excluding them for a while, so I don't want to keep them waiting too much longer.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
That is fair. you have been more than accommodating for this scene given how long it has been going on.  

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
Yea, even if this scene has gone on for a while, everybody needs the occasional spotlight

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Alright, I think I leveled up correctly and damn I am 1 xp from level 3 as well! My only question is, how does Chosen One work from the cleric advanced moves?

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
From the way spells are set up, I will go ahead and say that you pick a third level spell and treat it as fist level for the purposes of allotted spells. Although the wording on that one is rather funny, so I'm open to any other suggestions.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
It says "Pick any spell, treat it as if it was a level lower... so does that mean 6 to 11 spells are now 2 to 5?

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Sells don't go 2-5 and 6-11, those are advanced moves. Sells are below those, and they are leveled 1,3,5,7,and 9. When you commune you get to select a number of spells whos total level doesn't exceed your character level plus one. And chosen one says pick one spell not pick any spell. What that says to me is that you pick one spell that you really like and can treat it as the next lower level for counting it against your allotment of spell levels. So pick a first level spell and now it's a first level spell for you, or pick a fifth level one and now it's a third level spell for you. It doesn't give any kind of a limit on which level spells you can pick, so I guess if you really wanted to you could pick a ninth level spell and have it count as seventh level, but you wouldn't get any use out of it for a while.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
If that's what you want, then go for it.

Also could everyone please post which stat they increase as well as which move they choose so that I can add them to my records.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
+1 to stength, also at 9 and I took dedicated healer to try and amp up healer power even on low rolls.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
I am a little confused on how many spells I can have. I know Rotes are free spells I have, but how many of the other spells can I have? "Are granted new spells of your choice whose total levels don't exceed your own level +1, and none of which is a higher level than your own level." Is what the wiki says. So I am level 2 now so that means level +1 is 3. So does that mean I can take 3 level 1 spells? Or I can take spell up to third level with no limit?

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
+1 dex.Arcane Ward. Also, shouldn't we be charging spells? or at least charging them for extra damage? in dungeon world it said something about ending spells early so that you can use it as defence?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Floozer, at the moment you can have three level one spells prepared, although you can switch them out every time you commune.

Gamer, you only get to increase one stat, for talking to the kitsune about magic you received an extra point of experience which you can go ahead and ad now, sorry I forgot to mention it earlier. I don't see anything in the rules about charging spells, but the empowered magic advanced move lets you do more damage on a high roll. And yes, spell defense is a basic move that all wizards have where you end an ongoing spell to subtract its level from the damage you would receive from an attack.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
So when I hit level 3, and take a third level spell, does that mean I can only have that spell and 1 level one spell?

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
That's what it means. That's why chosen one is such a powerful early ability, it lets you cast higher level spells a lot faster.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Hmm, I should probably take that next level then.... that sounds very potent. 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
ff8.jpg

BUT I CAN'T STOP READIIIIIING

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Ok Penguin, glad to have you back around. We are just finishing up the fox mansion arc and Castella's quickie with Carla. You haven't missed much since this RP stalled out for a few days.