Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
I'm back now from my somewhat long absence. I was going to see what I can do to help out again, but I think there's some unpushed code from dndw. I'll wait for the next release/push before adding in some stuff.

Vyxoli

Jul 9, 2016
Thank you to all developers and contributors to this game; I find it kind of addicting because of the different ways you can go about it, giving it very high replay value while also trying to make the various scene pictures show up. If I may share a few points that I've observed:

- The difficulty of the AI goes up pretty quickly, making it a bit difficult for someone who has never played it before. It wasn't until I degraded the AI to the 'old' format that I had the opportunity to get a better sense of how to play, and how the various statistics and abilities were interlinked. 

- In relation to how the difficulty scales, and another reason why my first run went so poorly, the design punishes players that don't specifically hunt NPCs as often as they can. If a PC takes the time to set up traps and hide and wait for an encounter, they use up their money on supplies for traps which NPCs can avoid, and is not returned even if a trap is never triggered. NPCs seem to also be able to locate a PC very easily even if hiding with the Sneaky trait. Furthermore, NPCs level off of each other in the meantime, as well as increase their maximum mojo and thus mojo gains in battle. These combined factors make only the dissolving trap truly viable, as it destroys clothing, a persistent effect compared to a single event that requires the PC to be in the same area to take advantage of.

- Maximum mojo (and by extension mojo gain in battle) being only increased by victories also makes it very difficult for a PC that fell behind to catch up with NPCs that are ahead.

- Also in regards to balance at the opposite end of the spectrum, level 50+, there are a few things I noticed:
-- Reyka with Strong Willed makes it very difficult to drain her willpower through intercourse, regaining 20 from the PC's orgasm while losing less than 20 from her own without delaying it by some other means. On a contextual note, it also doesn't make as much sense that Reyka regains that much willpower when it's my PC that's milking Rekya's penis with a Succubus vagina, after giving Reyka a penis via Arcane.
-- On a related note, Kat has a similar problem where she regains more willpower than she loses. Kat's orgasm ignoring has an extremely long duration, and if you are taking the time to refresh binds on her, you may miss that window before she refreshes the duration.
-- Reyka's addiction is too powerful - Angel's is undoubtedly annoying, but still possible to deal with, and only affects battle with her directly; against other opponents, prayer regenerates willpower, and can be considered actually a buff in that regard. Reyka's on the other hand degrades ALL your stats over time, potentially severely, affecting all encounters until it decides it did enough damage. This is particularly bad because of the loss of high stat skills which may end up being necessary to handle level 50+ encounters.
-- The excessive use of addicting fluids makes it too risky to use any oral skills, or kisses for that matter
-- NPC mojo gain from abilities seems to be higher than what the PC is able to do
-- 'Invitation' at this level ends up being very difficult to deal with, because of the difficulty in withdrawing from the intercourse phase, and its ability to happen even if your own action would make any other action fail (stance shifting for example)
-- The only thing that really makes an impact on stamina at this level is Succubus/Incubus genitalia, which seems very strange compared to what is supposed to be very strong physical attacks

- As known, the UI is very unfriendly in terms of expansion - a sufficient number of actions given by even the base three stats at a high enough level makes the buttons overflow, making it impossible to get to the action you want to use. This becomes especially problematic when the advanced statistics and relevant actions are added in. Rather than showing each button, perhaps utilizing a drop down selection would tidy that particular part of the UI, which could also be separated in terms of 'stance affecting', 'arousing', 'physical', 'special', 'self/sub' to prevent a list from becoming too large.

- As a programmer, I realize the potential difficulty for taking permutations of possibilities into account, but one thing to perhaps consider is the addition of futanari 'scenario' pictures as well, as it does seem a bit strange for Eve in particular to be represented with a flat chest. 

- In relation to the above, more support for a female PC would help reduce the inconsistencies that show up at times. I realize that's more adding the appropriate content and written components rather than programming though, so would take longer.

- One feature that might be useful to add as well would be some marker to indicate you received the trait associated with a specific day activity with an NPC

- The remote vibrator handicap might need to be revisited - a flat increase renders it ineffective in actually being a handicap. I would recommend a percent-of-maximum increase instead, as it's intended to be unavoidable, and noticeably strong arousal. 

- A way to add custom handicaps might be an interesting feature to add at some point

- The lack of a map for the flag hunt variation makes it quite difficult at first exposure

I am sorry for the wall of text, but I do not know how to format a post to compress text behind a 'show' box on this forum yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Was just giving this a poke for the first time and was wondering if there are any skills yet for a male PC in a submissive intercourse position?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Thank you to all developers and contributors to this game; I find it kind of addicting because of the different ways you can go about it, giving it very high replay value while also trying to make the various scene pictures show up. If I may share a few points that I've observed:

~snip~

Thanks for the comments. Having played the game for a while now, I actually find it a bit too easy, but I'll relabel the "old ai" as "easy mode", that should make it a more obvious choice for new players. I agree that traps are a bit useless. Does anyone actually use them more than occasionally? There probably won't be more ways to increase the mojo cap, but I might increase the amount you gain each time, except in Hard Mode. Reyka's Corruption SHOULD only affect fights with her, although the effects last 20 turns, so you might find yourself in a new fight before they've worn off. If they increase in another fight, that's a bug. I'll check out the level 50+ issues; my saves generally don't get that high. 

- A way to add custom handicaps might be an interesting feature to add at some point

This already exists! The only problem is, it only exists in code, no JSON interface. Writing one would not be difficult.

- The lack of a map for the flag hunt variation makes it quite difficult at first exposure

This is intentional. The idea is that the player is dumped in some random forest he's never been to, so he has to learn the lay of the land as he goes along. I might add a map for subsequent visits, but it's not a priority.

I just ran into an issue with the kneeling_f image being too big and blocking most of the game

It is nearly twice as big as the rest. Will be fixed, thanks.

Was just giving this a poke for the first time and was wondering if there are any skills yet for a male PC in a submissive intercourse position?

There is no equivalent to Tighten, which is what I assume you mean. (Although males can use Tighten when being fucked in the ass by a cock (not a strap-on).) If you get the Powerful Hips trait (which unlocks at 15 Power), you'll be able to use some of the regular fucking skills from the submissive position, but those, unlike Tighten, damage the user as well.

Vyxoli

Jul 9, 2016
Thanks for the comments. Having played the game for a while now, I actually find it a bit too easy, but I'll relabel the "old ai" as "easy mode", that should make it a more obvious choice for new players.

Don't forget that as both a developer and a player you have insight to their action patterns, and you have knowledge of action combinations that work to your favour in most situations. The current AI pattern seems to work well as an 'intermediate' difficulty, so you may want to add a third AI variation for the 'hard' difficulty, rather than making the jump from 'easy' to 'current' too wide of a gap.

I agree that traps are a bit useless. Does anyone actually use them more than occasionally?

Well, I did try to use traps a lot during that first run I mentioned, and getting an excess of totems from caches meant that tossing out illusion traps (via Arcane) or totem traps was possible, but at the same time, their ineffectiveness does result in a sense of 'well I'm just going to throw this out here to empty part my inventory' as opposed to going for the effect.

Reyka's Corruption SHOULD only affect fights with her, although the effects last 20 turns, so you might find yourself in a new fight before they've worn off. If they increase in another fight, that's a bug. I'll check out the level 50+ issues; my saves generally don't get that high. 

My intuition of what's happening in the code is that Reyka effectively prolongs the corruption with every time she makes contact, and this combined with how long a fight with Reyka can go means that stats will be lowered and there will still be duration remaining that will impact later fights, to say nothing of if you encounter Reyka multiple times in succession. The status list seems to also indicate it, as it's possible to have instances of Corrupted and Partially Corrupted at the same time, so it may be stacking. To put it in perspective, I edited in very high stat numbers for the sake of seeing what the stats provided, and it was still possible for Reyka's effect to reduce them to single digits. 

Ah right, that was the specific issue with Reyka - besides the high amount of willpower regain she has, the order of things can result in her willpower drain happening after her orgasm, which means even if it would have dropped her to 0, she regains 3 and that prevents her losing that way.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
There is no equivalent to Tighten, which is what I assume you mean. (Although males can use Tighten when being fucked in the ass by a cock (not a strap-on).) If you get the Powerful Hips trait (which unlocks at 15 Power), you'll be able to use some of the regular fucking skills from the submissive position, but those, unlike Tighten, damage the user as well.

Thanks for the info.  I'll keep it in mind.

crimsiden

Jul 4, 2016
 I love the difficulty in this game, its like just when you think you are undefeatable, Rekya pins you down and destroys you lol

I just think Airi,Mara, and jewel need some buffs.  Maybe for jewel a power attack that converts  power into seduction or that causes more arousal when opponent is pinned down

Is there any other games like this ? Male protagonist all female enemies?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
New release, mainly bugfixes and tweaks:

https://mega.nz/#!5cgimB7A!FTzFUm6W9STeOKc43GzjQRg2lzN4ncRPoporEMp3yiw

Thanks to Dolarnor, markomemos, Vyxoli, ScarredEyes and ShadowBlaze94 for reporting issues / suggesting improvements.

The custom modifiers which Vyxoli semi-intentionally reminded me of can now be loaded into the game, check data/customModifiers.json for details. You can't really do entirely new things as that would require new code, but you can mix-and-match effects like banning certain skills or making the player wear specific clothing and set the reward for accepting the challenge.

Oh, I forgot to mention this in the changelog, but there's also a new advanced start: Drain Challenge. This puts you in the shoes of a severly underpowered succubus who has to use her special passive Level Drain to catch up to her opponents. (If you're thinking this might have been inspired by MGQ's Lencubus, you'd be right. Just without the horrible name.)

Changelog:

12/07/16 - 2.0.6
-Enthrallers now prioritze tops and bottoms when ordering their thralls to remove clothing, and won't remove strapons.
-It's no longer possible to use oral skills when riding in Reverse Cowgirl. (Characters with a vaginal tongue can still use Blow)
-Cassie is more likely to use Nurse, which triggers her addiction
-Reyka's addiction requires more contact with her mouth to trigger
-Angel's addiction has a 25% of not triggering when it normally would
-The rate at which the in-combat effects of addictions grow worse is a bit lower now
-Running out of stamina gets worse at higher levels, 1 extra turn of Winded for every 10 levels, starting at 20
-The ai will prefer not to use Spiral Thrust unless the user has very high mojo
-Fixed a crash in FaceSit because it wrongly assumed NPCs would always have a pussy
-Relabeled the difficulty options in hopes of making them more clear for new players.
-The custom modifier framework which I built months ago now actually uses its JSON interface. Check data/customModifiers.json for examples and explanations on how to build your own modifiers. (Modifiers are things like underwear-only or no-violence matches.)

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
The drain challenge doesn't seem to get the correct body parts, leading to "none" (Your none contracts around Mark's none, reinforcing his orgasm and drawing upon his very strength and experience. Once it's over, you is left considerably more powerful, at Mark's expense.)

And vs girls, it's the wrong way around! (Angel's greedy pussy sucks itself tightly to your succubus pussy, drawing in your strength and experience along with the pleasure of your orgasm.)

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Cool stuff, I updated the first post.

I think I'm still going to be working on my other project mainly, but I'll see if I can at least help add some content/pictures when I have a chance.

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
Found the bug:

if (opponent.has(Trait.leveldrainer) && (c.getStance().penetratedBy(opponent, this) && !has(Trait.strapped)) || c.getStance().en == Stance.trib) {

Should be

if (opponent.has(Trait.leveldrainer) && ((c.getStance().penetratedBy(opponent, this) && !has(Trait.strapped)) || c.getStance().en == Stance.trib)) {

Additionally, in pussypart, 

c.write(self, Global.format(
"{self:SUBJECT-ACTION:use|uses} {self:possessive} " + desc
+ "vaginal muscles to milk {other:name-possessive} cock, adding to the pleasure.",
self, opponent));

this section doesn't check if opponent actually has a cock.

c.write(opponent, Global.capitalizeFirstLetter(String.format("%s %s contracts around %s %s, reinforcing"
+ " %s orgasm and drawing upon %s very strength and experience. Once it's over, %s"
+ " left considerably more powerful, at %s expense.", opponent.nameOrPossessivePronoun(),
c.getStance().insertedPartFor(opponent).describe(opponent), nameOrPossessivePronoun(),
c.getStance().insertablePartFor(this).describe(this), possessivePronoun(), possessivePronoun(),
opponent.subjectAction("is", "are"), nameOrPossessivePronoun())));

This part is wrong, you've swapped the body parts, if you make it like

c.write(opponent, Global.capitalizeFirstLetter(String.format("%s %s contracts around %s %s, reinforcing"
+ " %s orgasm and drawing upon %s very strength and experience. Once it's over, %s"
+ " left considerably more powerful, at %s expense.", opponent.nameOrPossessivePronoun(),
c.getStance().insertablePartFor(opponent).describe(opponent), nameOrPossessivePronoun(),
c.getStance().insertedPartFor(this).describe(this), possessivePronoun(), possessivePronoun(),
opponent.subjectAction("is", "are"), nameOrPossessivePronoun())));

then it'll be mostly fixed, although the "is" should possibly be "are". ("Once it's over, you is left considerably...")

Airi's intervene 3p is missing br br:

return Global.format(
"Your fight with {other:name} seemed to have ran into a stalemate. Neither of you is willing to get close enough to each other for anything substantial to happen. You just continue to trade taunt while waiting for an opportunity."
+ "Suddenly, a blue blob appears in your line of sight. It’s Airi! More swiftly than you would expect, Airi moves to {other:name}’s side and engulfs her body in her own. After dissolving her clothing with her slime, Airi surfaces only {other:name-possessive} torso and sex, presenting her to you. Well, presented with a gift on a silver platter, you’re not going to refuse!",
character, target);

Causes "opportunity.Suddenly" to appear in the output - missing a space. Either add a space or add 2 brs like the other case.

Typo in Mimicry:Witch:

+ "Looks like {self:NAME} is mimicking Cassie's witch form!.", getSelf(), target);

ends with "!.", remove the period

Opponent had a slime pet out; this exception occured:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at nightgames.characters.Character.resolveOrgasm(Character.java:1549)
at nightgames.characters.Character.doOrgasm(Character.java:1542)
at nightgames.characters.Character.resolvePleasure(Character.java:566)
at nightgames.characters.body.Body.pleasure(Body.java:599)
at nightgames.characters.body.Body.pleasure(Body.java:473)
at nightgames.pet.Slime.act(Slime.java:34)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.act(Combat.java:419)
at nightgames.gui.SkillButton.lambda$0(SkillButton.java:77)
at nightgames.gui.SkillButton$$Lambda$278/1362909116.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

---

Thanks for adding the drain challenge mode; I really like it.

Vyxoli

Jul 9, 2016
Oddly enough, I actually played a version of the drain challenge already through save editing. I wanted to make a reference save with all traits obtained to know their codes, so I had to keep resetting the PC's level to 1, and started making a lot of use of the Level Drain ability. Going to give the official mode a try later.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Found the bug:

~snip~

Thanks for the help, I'll probably get around to fixing these tomorrow.

Oddly enough, I actually played a version of the drain challenge already through save editing. I wanted to make a reference save with all traits obtained to know their codes, so I had to keep resetting the PC's level to 1, and started making a lot of use of the Level Drain ability. Going to give the official mode a try later.

It's a little different. The special trait you get with the drain challenge start actually blocks Level Drain, but instead allows draining to trigger automatically when fucking/tribbing your opponent to orgasm. If you're looking for the traits, you can find them in this file if you can look past the code-y bits: https://github.com/nergantre/nightgamesmod/blob/master/NightgamesMod/nightgames/characters/Trait.java

Cool stuff, I updated the first post.

I think I'm still going to be working on my other project mainly, but I'll see if I can at least help add some content/pictures when I have a chance.

Oh, right. Only 44 changed files. And that's not counting the merge.

Still eagerly awaiting that new project!

Vyxoli

Jul 9, 2016
It's a little different. The special trait you get with the drain challenge start actually blocks Level Drain, but instead allows draining to trigger automatically when fucking/tribbing your opponent to orgasm. If you're looking for the traits, you can find them in this file if you can look past the code-y bits: https://github.com/nergantre/nightgamesmod/blob/master/NightgamesMod/nightgames/characters/Trait.java

What do you mean, look past the code? I'm a programmer, so seeing the inner workings is actually very intriguing to me :3

On that note, I might offer to contribute some things, if that is acceptable. Naturally, I'd open another branch that can be merged into the master branch as opposed to modifying the master branch directly.

Things that I would contribute would primarily fall under refactoring some of the descriptions, maybe writing some scenes, although I realize I have not posted anything yet to the fanfiction section, so I cannot vouch for my writing capabilities… and maybe try tackling the UI.

For the skill buttons, there's a few options here:

- Add left/right arrow functionality to scroll through them, and reduce the number of skills shown per screen (currently leaving it at 9 to match the 1-9 key configurations)
- Or show all skills on the first screen and add a scroll to the side

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
More typos! Mara's description:

return "Mara has gone high tech. She has a rig of equipment on harnesses that seem carefully placed so as not to interfere with clothing removal. The glasses she's wearing appear to be "
+ "computerized rather than perscription. She also has a device of unknown purpose strapped to her arm. Underneath all of that, she has the same cute, mischevious expression she "
+ "you're used to.";

"rather than perscription" should be "prescription". And "mischevious" should be "mischievous". 

PussyPart, applyBonuses for succubus vagina: 

c.write(self, String.format(
"%s hot flesh kneads %s %s as %s %s"
+ ", drawing gouts of life energy out of %s %s, which is greedily absorbed by %s %s",
self.possessivePronoun(), opponent.possessivePronoun(), target.describe(opponent),
self.subjectAction("ride", "rides"), opponent.directObject(),
opponent.possessivePronoun(), target.describe(opponent), self.possessivePronoun(),
describe(self)));

missing a period on the end.

Body.receiveCum:

if (character.has(Trait.spiritphage)) {
c.write(Global.capitalizeFirstLetter("<br><b>" + character.subjectAction("glow", "glows")
+ " with power as the cum is absorbed by " + character.possessivePronoun() + " "
+ part.describe(character) + ".</b>"));
character.add(c, new Abuff(character, Attribute.Power, 5, 10));
character.add(c, new Abuff(character, Attribute.Seduction, 10, 10));
character.add(c, new Abuff(character, Attribute.Cunning, 5, 10));
character.buildMojo(c, 100);
}

Resolves to "you glow with power" - it's missing a capital. The "capitalize first letter" should be called on the subject-action, not the whole sentence. That, or make a custom function that handles formatting.

Struggle - fail to escape due to being bound:

CockBound s = (CockBound) getSelf().getStatus(Stsflag.cockbound);
c.write(getSelf(),
Global.format("{self:SUBJECT-ACTION:try|tries} to escape {other:possessive} iron grip on {self:possessive} dick. However, {other:possessive} "
+ s.binding
+ " has other ideas. {other:SUBJECT-ACTION:run|runs} {other:possessive} "
+ s.binding
+ " up and down {self:possessive} cock and leaves {self:direct-object} gasping with pleasure.",
getSelf(), target));

This one resolves to things like "Mark tries to escape your iron grip on her dick. However, your playername's pussy-tongue has other ideas. You run your playername's pussy-tongue up and down her cock and leaves her gasping with pleasure." The name should be taken out.

Blowjob.deal - attacking at low arousal:

if (target.getArousal().get() < 15) {
m = "You suck on " + target.name()
+ " flaccid little penis until it grows into an intimidating large erection.";

This resolves into "You suck on Mark flaccid little penis ..." - needs a 's.

Thrust.deal - for "reverse" scenario:

return Global.format(
"You rock your hips against {other:direct-object}, riding her smoothly. "
+ "Despite the slow place, {other:subject} soon starts gasping and mewing with pleasure.",
getSelf(), target);

"Despite the slow place" -> "Despite the slow pace"

Case 5 of Drain.deal:

case 5:
return base + "taking " + target.possessivePronoun() + " raw sexual energy and"
+ " adding it to your own";

missing a period on the end

Kiss.deal, DrainKiss version:

if (modifier == Result.upgrade) {
return "You pull " + target.name()
+ " to you and kiss her passionately. You run your tongue over her lips until her opens them and immediately invade her mouth. "
+ "You focus on her lifeforce inside her and draw it out through the kiss while overwhelming her defenses with heady pleasure. As you finally break the kiss, she leans against you, looking kiss-drunk and needy.";

"run your tongue over her lips until her opens them" - should be "she".

A bug:

Fighting Kat at high level is pretty much impossible: 

Kat lost 25+43 (15) willpower (Feral).
After Kat comes down from her orgasmic high, she doesn't look satisfied at all. There's a mad glint in her eye that seems to be endlessly asking for more.
Kat regained 20 willpower.

She'll keep stacking willpower without any way for me to remove it from her.

That said... I'm level 799, she's level 623.

---

Via Mount (Reverse) and using Tail Suck / Blow, it's possible to get her down to 0 willpower eventually... or so I thought - this allows her to recover Cunning attribute eventually, and try to escape. (I can't directly attack her; I'm sitting at (1193784)/3409 arousal, which will probably OHKO me if she gets the slightest touch in)

---

Also, something went weird.

Kat lost 25+1 (6) willpower (Feral).
After Kat comes down from her orgasmic high, she doesn't look satisfied at all. There's a mad glint in her eye that seems to be endlessly asking for more.
Kat regained -7 willpower.

---

Eventually I won... (Statuses: Animism +1540, Cunning +615, Horny, Horny, Horny, Perception +1960, Power +2554, Seduction +1873, Speed +945).

A suggestion; alter level draining so that it caps out at 100 xp drained, because draining higher level characters results in them losing 1 level and you gaining 25 levels worth of EXP or so. Alternatively, make leveling take more than 100 xp once you go past level 100? (Distributing 1k stat points is a pain)

Vyxoli

Jul 9, 2016
Fighting Kat at high level is pretty much impossible: 

Kat lost 25+43 (15) willpower (Feral).
Kat regained 20 willpower.

It's still possible. I have not tested levels that high, and I believe the mechanics are not designed for levels that high in the first place, but for both Kat and Reyka, the key ends up being overflow willpower damage. In Kat's case in particular, building up the overflow before her first orgasm is necessary to reduce the pheromone impact while taking out a good portion of her willpower. Direct willpower damage also ends up being extremely valuable. Primary sources of that are Soulsucker via Dark, Facesitting, or Nursing (Nursing also can build up massive amounts of Temptation, as well as Mojo which can be used to restore your own Willpower). 

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
I think the XP to level for 100+ should be the level you're at (100 to level 101, 101 to level 102...). I also think level drain should only give the XP amount you stole (so dropping someone from level 150 to 149 is 149 exp, not the 845 it gives now. Theoretically, two leveldrainers fighting each other could reduce each other by about 10 levels... and then gain 100+ levels each afterwards. That just... doesn't make sense. Violation of level-thermo-dynamics.

Fighting Kat, after getting a good position going...

Led to this...

You've gained a Level!
Select which attributes to increase.
28383 Attribute Points remain.

I'm not clicking that.

Additionally, getting winded at level 10000+ effectively takes you out of the fight, since you're downed for 1000 turns. Pretty funny - stamina becomes very important end-game.

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
Jesus, you play till lvl100+?

But I've tried importing my save from the previous version, and I have difficulty getting the game to respond - the feedback from clicking is there with the button dimming and lighting up, but nothing else changes....until I spam mouse clicks. This predominantly happens at the very first fight, on the very first action. Yet when I start a new game, it runs smoothly.

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
No, the drain challenge has a few bugs. One of which is that you can get enemy level * 5 + 95 xp per successful hit. Also, 100 xp is one level. VS level 101, that's 6 levels in one go. VS level 600, that's 31 levels in one go. If you can land several such hits because you've got your opponent in orgasm lock (drained stats + being higher level) then... there's no end to it. It grows exponentially. It takes about the same time to go from level 50 to level 100 as it does to go from 100 to 200.

---

It's possible that it's slightly worse because I removed the random check that makes it fail sometimes because having it fail near the start was pretty lame. Maybe it doesn't explode as much without that.

Vampblader

Jul 15, 2016
Well taking the draining challenge aside, is there a way to get level drain in the normal scenario? I know Reyka used it once but even though I've used the succubus potion several times and gave the girls the right genitals trough another potion I've never seen it pop up for me yet.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Well taking the draining challenge aside, is there a way to get level drain in the normal scenario? I know Reyka used it once but even though I've used the succubus potion several times and gave the girls the right genitals trough another potion I've never seen it pop up for me yet.

In addition to the demonic genitalia, Level Drain requires the user to have 20+ Dark and to be at a lower level than the target. It also cannot be used by characters of level 100+.

Speaking of, the game really isn't designed for characters of such high levels. NPC's will stop gaining new traits before they hit level 50, so beyond that the 'progression' in the game is just numbers getting bigger. Maybe there will be an endgame at some point, but not in the near future (at least, not one that I'll be making). I'll nerf the drain challenge level drain a bit, though.

I've also been wondering about what to do about Jewel's addiction, and I narrowed it down to two possibilities:

- The player gets an effect similar to Masochism, but which works both ways and scales with the addiction level. So at 50% addicted, when the player receives 20 pain, they'll also get 10 pleasure, and vice versa. At 100% addiction, causing either pleasure or pain will cause both in equal amounts. Sufficiently devastating, I'd think.

-Alternatively, Jewel gets a damage boost when the player is in a submissive position. Nergantre recently added a dominance metric to all stances which could be used here. The effect will be quite severe, maybe up to 250-300% or so. It might also make escaping more difficult.

Any opinions on these or fresh ideas would be much appreciated, because I'm a bit stumped to be honest.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
In addition to the demonic genitalia, Level Drain requires the user to have 20+ Dark and to be at a lower level than the target. It also cannot be used by characters of level 100+.

Speaking of, the game really isn't designed for characters of such high levels. NPC's will stop gaining new traits before they hit level 50, so beyond that the 'progression' in the game is just numbers getting bigger. Maybe there will be an endgame at some point, but not in the near future (at least, not one that I'll be making). I'll nerf the drain challenge level drain a bit, though.

I've also been wondering about what to do about Jewel's addiction, and I narrowed it down to two possibilities:

- The player gets an effect similar to Masochism, but which works both ways and scales with the addiction level. So at 50% addicted, when the player receives 20 pain, they'll also get 10 pleasure, and vice versa. At 100% addiction, causing either pleasure or pain will cause both in equal amounts. Sufficiently devastating, I'd think.

-Alternatively, Jewel gets a damage boost when the player is in a submissive position. Nergantre recently added a dominance metric to all stances which could be used here. The effect will be quite severe, maybe up to 250-300% or so. It might also make escaping more difficult.

Any opinions on these or fresh ideas would be much appreciated, because I'm a bit stumped to be honest.

My idea would be to design the flavor for her ability first and to make it more interesting, how about that her sweat (or rather, the smell thereof) is hypnotic and certain holds (I don't know all the strength holds, but maybe something like headscissors) trigger it. It would cause the player to get arousal over time while pinned and escaping her pins gets harder (the effect is stronger when she lost stamina). How does that sound?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
My idea would be to design the flavor for her ability first and to make it more interesting, how about that her sweat (or rather, the smell thereof) is hypnotic and certain holds (I don't know all the strength holds, but maybe something like headscissors) trigger it. It would cause the player to get arousal over time while pinned and escaping her pins gets harder (the effect is stronger when she lost stamina). How does that sound?

I like holds getting stronger, but having it scale with her stamina loss isn't going to work. Since Jewel is a Power-based character, she is likely to be stronger than the player, so fighting her on Power is not going to work well. Having her losing stamina actually make her stronger in some respects further disincentivises attacking her that way, making the whole mechanic basically pointless. It would be far more interesting to have her 'encourage' the player to fight her in her own style, so something which gets stronger as she gets more aroused. Then primarily Seduction-based players would have an incentive to try to disable her first. Maybe high Arousal could boost her Power.  

Mikey

May 19, 2016
Does anyone open this with winrar? my zip free trial is up and for the life of me I cant get the game to open through winrar.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
Does anyone open this with winrar? my zip free trial is up and for the life of me I cant get the game to open through winrar.

I'd suggest getting 7zip

I like holds getting stronger, but having it scale with her stamina loss isn't going to work. Since Jewel is a Power-based character, she is likely to be stronger than the player, so fighting her on Power is not going to work well. Having her losing stamina actually make her stronger in some respects further disincentivises attacking her that way, making the whole mechanic basically pointless. It would be far more interesting to have her 'encourage' the player to fight her in her own style, so something which gets stronger as she gets more aroused. Then primarily Seduction-based players would have an incentive to try to disable her first. Maybe high Arousal could boost her Power.  

I see. Oh, oh! How about the player gets constant arousal and a chance to get compelled when Jewel is at maximum (or very high) stamina? (Or maybe they lose Mojo in fights with Jewel while she has the upper hand)

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
I always wanted to make Jewel attack willpower directly without trying to inflict a lot of arousal damage.

I was coding up a smother skill before, and I wanted to make Jewel have more traits that make the willpower damage while pinning the opponent down higher.

My original vision was that the stamina damage route will be good against characters like Angel and Reyka, who have a high arousal cap. You can just by pass that by repeatedly knocking them down and making them submit through pins.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
I always wanted to make Jewel attack willpower directly without trying to inflict a lot of arousal damage.

I was coding up a smother skill before, and I wanted to make Jewel have more traits that make the willpower damage while pinning the opponent down higher.

My original vision was that the stamina damage route will be good against characters like Angel and Reyka, who have a high arousal cap. You can just by pass that by repeatedly knocking them down and making them submit through pins.

I like the sound of that. As big of a fan as I am of mind control and hypno stuff, I don't think Jewel should also get something like that. Cassie, Maya, Reyka, and Angel already have it covered, and mundane strength is thematically Jewel's strong suite, so I think she should definitely be about dominating her opponents physically rather than mentally. Strikes, pins, facesitting, and the proposed smother and headscissor moves would differentiate her nicely. Plus, breath control is pretty kickass.

In unrelated discussion, Silver Bard mentioned on his blog that he was burnt out on Night Games for the time being, so I'm wondering if there are any plans to merge the two latest updates into the mod. I don't know how the code has diverged, but two skillsets and a number of scenes is a pretty significant amount of content, and you don't have to worry about it being updated again too soon afterwards.

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
I think the XP to level for 100+ should be the level you're at (100 to level 101, 101 to level 102...). I also think level drain should only give the XP amount you stole (so dropping someone from level 150 to 149 is 149 exp, not the 845 it gives now. Theoretically, two leveldrainers fighting each other could reduce each other by about 10 levels... and then gain 100+ levels each afterwards. That just... doesn't make sense. Violation of level-thermo-dynamics.

Fighting Kat, after getting a good position going...

Led to this...

You've gained a Level!
Select which attributes to increase.
28383 Attribute Points remain.

I'm not clicking that.

Additionally, getting winded at level 10000+ effectively takes you out of the fight, since you're downed for 1000 turns. Pretty funny - stamina becomes very important end-game.

That all depends on how you build and how you play it though. If you try to hit good scores on all the skills and make use of the special skills you can avoid being trapped in those situations. Also, I thought they fixed how level drain worked so you couldn't cause your level to explode like this outside of save editing anymore? I know I pointed it out some time back when they first revamped level drain rules to make it so that you couldn't do the xp stealing version of it if you were higher leveled than your target I believe. It might have been a certain degree of levels higher too. But the only thing you gained now was stat boosts which wash off if you clean yourself.

I do kinda wish there was an option to dump large volumes of points into a single stat of our choice. Like if they made something where you have the normal point selection dump spot or a box to the side or under each stat and skill that allows you to type in the number of points you want to put into it and then you click the + button to apply it. That could save on keystrokes for sure! Admittedly I never tried to go that high in levels. Level 10000 makes me cringe just thinking about it. Honestly, I think nightgames is something that would kinda go on without a true 'endgame' since they're probably playing for sport, profit, and fun. You don't quit just because you get so strong do you? Of course not, you keep getting better and better. I'm not suggesting that new skills are created for the ultra high levels though. It's fine as it is with it just being high stats.

I should point out that it appears that only the primary stats influence your battle efficiency once you go beyond a certain number score. So taking the ki skill up to 500 should be no more efficient than just stopping at whatever point level grants you the final skill in that branch. That is unless there were recent  changes that make my statement invalid now. I've kinda kept tabs on things in this forum without playing much recently. I was waiting for more content and updates before I binged on this game again. I am a little concerned though with the bug reports I saw for the latest update. I think I'll wait a bit longer before I download and try out the new drain challenge myself.