Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Yup sorry guys, I pretty much haven't been working on the mod at all.

In other news though, here's a peek at what I am working on:

http://imgur.com/a/YxVJn

Ignore the fact that it's pretty much using the UI and some text from night games, it'll be replaced pretty soon :p

dndw

Aug 27, 2015

Ignore the fact that it's pretty much using the UI and some text from night games, it'll be replaced pretty soon :p

I am very glad to see that at least one of us in managing to actually make the fancy concepts they dreamed up a while back...

I recall saying something about jumping onto the hype train when you first mentioned this. I'll admit that that train derailed a bit in the interim, but consider me firmly back on board!

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
I'm shrinking the scope of this a bit, so my goal is to have something actually playable in a couple weeks ( don't hold me to that though  :) ) I'm hoping the end product will be something that is a complete game in itself, but is still pretty extensible in the future.

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
Well, I tend not to walk into Airi's Engulf on purpose, but that gold envelope...

I struggled out of it, but now the game is saying that I've engulfed her inside my slime body made of anything but slime. Just to let you know.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015

It may just be do to sleep deprivation that I don't know, but who is Irene..?

Well, I tend not to walk into Airi's Engulf on purpose, but that gold envelope...

I struggled out of it, but now the game is saying that I've engulfed her inside my slime body made of anything but slime. Just to let you know.

What gold envelope are you referring to?

invalidcharacter

Dec 10, 2015
I've had a quick look at your version, but couldn't identify the problem with the portraits. It seems to happen sporadically which, to use your terminology, is always 'fun'. I did find some other issues: Gui#statusTextPane may not have been initialized if the player opens up the options screen before statuses are displayed for the first time, leading to a NullPointerException in Gui#textScalingRefresh (line Gui:1657). Also, there are a few issues with battle images. It does not appear that Combat#images is ever filled, and Gui#displayImage() always tries to load an image even if there isn't one. The resulting exception is discarded, which is rather poor style.

Oh it's a lot worse than that actually. You can get to the options menu from the creationGUI, when nothing at all is loaded. The textScalingRefresh bit is mostly just me checking if the changes are actually working. Among others, I still have to manually set an initial size for each visible text element as right now if you try to get the original sizes back through the options it will simply not work. I've got vacations coming up next week, here's hoping that I'll be able to get stuff done then.

Edit: oh and I don't actually know what happened to the battle images -  I could've sworn I had not touched them, but I'll have to look into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
It may just be do to sleep deprivation that I don't know, but who is Irene..?

What gold envelope are you referring to?

Nah, I had a gold envelope about making Airi cum while ass-fucking, if I recall correctly. But I specced on that character to everything BUT penetrative sex (just to try it out), and I ended up having to walk into an Engulf counter, then do a Reversal in order to finish her off. But after I played Reversal, I was described as having her engulfed in my own slimy body. I wasn't slimy, and I guess it's just a case of how the game mechanics work. The options were similar to what you get if you ended up behind your enemies, such as while using Manoeuvre/Maneuver.

buffmuffin

Apr 5, 2016
Nah, I had a gold envelope about making Airi cum while ass-fucking, if I recall correctly. But I specced on that character to everything BUT penetrative sex (just to try it out), and I ended up having to walk into an Engulf counter, then do a Reversal in order to finish her off. But after I played Reversal, I was described as having her engulfed in my own slimy body. I wasn't slimy, and I guess it's just a case of how the game mechanics work. The options were similar to what you get if you ended up behind your enemies, such as while using Manoeuvre/Maneuver.

Yeah, I've had that happen too. Mentioned it in an earlier post... 

I don't know if it was a bug, or if some unreleased code made it into the game, which seems to happen from time to time, but i was fighting Airi and somehow got into a scene where *I* was the slime, and had option to engulf and torment her. That's what i would most like to see implemented, is the slime trait and ability... I got a thing for slime girls. 

My thoughts were it was supposed to be as yet unreleased coding for when the slime trait is released, but I'm not certain... Just a guess. 

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Yeah, I've had that happen too. Mentioned it in an earlier post... 

My thoughts were it was supposed to be as yet unreleased coding for when the slime trait is released, but I'm not certain... Just a guess. 

Actually a bug at this point. Many stances have an inverse, and when you struggle the stance changes to the inverse. Like if you struggle while on the bottom end of a Cowgirl, it turns into Missionary with you on top. Engulfed is set as its own inverse, which would be fine if both characters were slimes, but there's no check for that. And while we're on the subject of bugs, Stomp does no damage. It calculates the damage, but then doesn't do anything with it... Players will probably be able to become slimes at some point, but it isn't a priority right now.

Aside from those bugs, it's just a few finishing touches left on the first three addictions: Cassie, Angel and Reyka. There are still a number of daytime scenes missing, but they are mechanically complete.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
After a few last-minute setbacks, the new update is finally done. Grab it here:

https://mega.nz/#!tcBATQRZ!1QgcadqpaFbw2ccwxqp8IcSJBn7uIq86QyC64YXbOMM (8MB)

This includes the new addictions for Cassie, Angel and Reyka. The changelog below explains them a bit. They'll need to reach level 20 to be able to use them.

There are, as previously mentioned, some missing scenes. Cassie only needs a scene in which the player is addicted, but she doesn't like them very much. The other two need that, plus two more affectionate scenes each. I don't make any promises as to the quality of the scenes, I always feel like there isn't enough dialogue. The rest of the scenes, and the other characters' addictions will follow at some point.

There is a slight issue with Reyka's corruption. If it gets really bad, it's quite conceivable that it will drain all your attributes. It won't drain them past 10 (at that point it'll start changing your body), but that won't keep Reyka from employing her usual tricks to drain the rest. During testing, I ended up with 60 Dark and no other attributes except Perception and Speed (which can't be drained) multiple times. I don't think that's the way to go, but we'll see.

To get rid of addictions, either wait and suffer withdrawal (and avoid further contact with the cause) or speak to the Informant. He'll put you in contact with a semi-placeholder service which treats addictions. There are two options here. The (relatively) cheap one will max out your current strongest addiction AND make withdrawal guaranteed, but removes the addiction completely at the end of the next night. So suffer tremendously for one night, and then it's gone. The more expensive variety removes your strongest addiction instantly, but that's far less fun.

I also apologi{sz}e for the blatant mix of British and American English. To someone who doesn't speak either natively, these things tend to get confusing. I try to stick with American to fit the rest of the game, but some British spelling may have slipped in.

Changelog:

08/05/16 - 1.9.6

-Added a framework for long-lasting addictions. These are built up over time with specific actions and have severe negative consequences if they get too strong. They can be reduced by not indulging for a while, but that does cause withdrawal effects. All addictions are unlocked at level 20.
-Incorporated Cassie's Magic Milk addiction by nergantre. You get addicted by drinking (or being forced to drink) her milk. It causes willpower loss when fighting Cassie, and when in withdrawal it limits total willpower.
-Added Angel's Zeal. This is an addiction gained by cumming while fucking Angel. It 'encourages' you to take submissive positions while fighting her. In withdrawal, it limits mojo gain. (Crisis of Faith) If you worship Angel during the day, she gets a permanent Divine Charge the next night.
-Added Reyka's Corruption. Gained by repeatedly coming into contact with her lips, or by cumming inside of her after penetrating her voluntarily (only if you are already corrupted to some degree, see below). It will transform random attribute points to Dark, and transform your body into a demon once it's done. In withdrawal it causes random negative effects. (Dark Chaos)
-The game now tracks who initiated penetration, and whether or not it was voluntary. If the initiator was under some form of mind control, it wasn't voluntary. In the case of counters, the character who used the counter is the initiator, not the one who triggered it.
-Dissolve now prioritizes tops and bottoms before dissolving shoes and the like. I'm not too certain about this one.
-Fixed Leech Energy's ridiculously low accuracy. Must have been a typo. (7->80)
-Added Pray. Only available to a player afflicted with Zeal, but not while fighting Angel. It boosts willpower.
-Added Prostrate. Usable only while having Zeal and fighting Angel. Lay down in front of her. This reduces the strength of the addiction during the current fight, but increases long-term addiction.
-Added Dark Kiss. Usable only while Corrupted. It reduces the target's willpower and temporarily reduces Corruption, but increases the long-term addiction.
-Fixed a whole lot of bugs and text issues.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Awesome, I'll update the first post

Edit:

Changelog:

08/05/16 - 1.9.6

-Added a framework for long-lasting addictions. These are built up over time with specific actions and have severe negative consequences if they get too strong. They can be reduced by not indulging for a while, but that does cause withdrawal effects. All addictions are unlocked at level 20.
-Incorporated Cassie's Magic Milk addiction by nergantre. You get addicted by drinking (or being forced to drink) her milk. It causes willpower loss when fighting Cassie, and when in withdrawal it limits total willpower.
-Added Angel's Zeal. This is an addiction gained by cumming while fucking Angel. It 'encourages' you to take submissive positions while fighting her. In withdrawal, it limits mojo gain. (Crisis of Faith) If you worship Angel during the day, she gets a permanent Divine Charge the next night.
-Added Reyka's Corruption. Gained by repeatedly coming into contact with her lips, or by cumming inside of her after penetrating her voluntarily (only if you are already corrupted to some degree, see below). It will transform random attribute points to Dark, and transform your body into a demon once it's done. In withdrawal it causes random negative effects. (Dark Chaos)
-The game now tracks who initiated penetration, and whether or not it was voluntary. If the initiator was under some form of mind control, it wasn't voluntary. In the case of counters, the character who used the counter is the initiator, not the one who triggered it.
-Dissolve now prioritizes tops and bottoms before dissolving shoes and the like. I'm not too certain about this one.
-Fixed Leech Energy's ridiculously low accuracy. Must have been a typo. (7->80)
-Added Pray. Only available to a player afflicted with Zeal, but not while fighting Angel. It boosts willpower.
-Added Prostrate. Usable only while having Zeal and fighting Angel. Lay down in front of her. This reduces the strength of the addiction during the current fight, but increases long-term addiction.
-Added Dark Kiss. Usable only while Corrupted. It reduces the target's willpower and temporarily reduces Corruption, but increases the long-term addiction.
-Fixed a whole lot of bugs and text issues.

Found a few bugs so far:

At 0 addiction, asking Cassie for milk crashes since it tries to grab an optional addiction that doesn't exist.

Angel's zealinspiring trait is never added

Zeal application looks like you forgot to add in global.format too :p :
As {opponent:NAME-POSSESSIVE} cum floods Angel's divine slit, a holy aura surrounds her. The soothing light washes over {opponent:pronoun}, filling {opponent:direct-object} with zeal

Reyka's corrupting trait is in a if statement gated by soulsucker which she gets at lvl 41. Im not sure if that's intended... Also the daytime option is probably misspelled since it goes nowhere.

Finally I think the saveInternal function isn't being called, so it's not being saved at all.

Btw can you push the code? I'd like to take a look if it's not too much trouble

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Weird, I am sure it calls checkAddiction before displaying that option. I'll have a look, though.  

Edit:
Didn't check for addiction for the affectionate scenes. Somehow I managed to only do this for Cassie. Fixed it now, and Angel now gets her trait, too.

I updated the link in my previous post, and for your convenience: https://mega.nz/#!tcBATQRZ!1QgcadqpaFbw2ccwxqp8IcSJBn7uIq86QyC64YXbOMM

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
The file you are trying to download is no longer available.

This could be due to the following reasons:

The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.

Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist

The file has been deleted by the user.

Maybe try a different file sharing site?

invalidcharacter

Dec 10, 2015

Try the link on the post above you. For some reason it's different from the one right at the start.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015

You're trying the linl on the first page, I assume? It's possible nergantre hasn't updated yet. The links above certainly do work. 

@nergantre: perhaps I could repurpose this post to  maintain a download link? 

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Yea I gave up for the day right after I posted my post.

Sorry I didn't see the link right above mine, like some kind of idiot...

It works, thank you very much for your time. <3

(Note to self, read entire thread before posting anything).

Technicolour

Apr 14, 2016
Does anyone have a link to the Airi visual assets?

I dont seem to have her pictures and as a result every time she shows up she just uses the last fighters' picture :\

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Does anyone have a link to the Airi visual assets?

I dont seem to have her pictures and as a result every time she shows up she just uses the last fighters' picture :\

Airi doesn't actually have a picture at this point, unless nergantre has been holding out on us.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Actually a bug at this point. Many stances have an inverse, and when you struggle the stance changes to the inverse. Like if you struggle while on the bottom end of a Cowgirl, it turns into Missionary with you on top. Engulfed is set as its own inverse, which would be fine if both characters were slimes, but there's no check for that. And while we're on the subject of bugs, Stomp does no damage. It calculates the damage, but then doesn't do anything with it... Players will probably be able to become slimes at some point, but it isn't a priority right now.

Aside from those bugs, it's just a few finishing touches left on the first three addictions: Cassie, Angel and Reyka. There are still a number of daytime scenes missing, but they are mechanically complete.

I kind of feel like becoming a slime would be a bad thing.

Since half the game involves walking around a school in broad daylight.

Seeing as you wouldn't be human anymore to such a large visible degree, that would give hints of the games themselves.

Which would be against the NightGames rules, thus getting you kicked out of them.

Wouldn't it..? :|  

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
I tried drawing a portrait for Airi, since she's now probably already considered a completed competitor now...

Does this seem about right?

2vNVHRF.png

Bonus: human form Airi

(Surely she can mimic human form for school right?)

nNQEmva.png

buffmuffin

Apr 5, 2016
I kind of feel like becoming a slime would be a bad thing.

Since half the game involves walking around a school in broad daylight.

Seeing as you wouldn't be human anymore to such a large visible degree, that would give hints of the games themselves.

Which would be against the NightGames rules, thus getting you kicked out of them.

Wouldn't it..? :|  

And yet becoming a winged-demon / genderbent / huge titted-male / Angel / hermaphrodite / with a gaping mouth-pussy constantly leaking addictive fluids is somehow overlooked by the general population?

Just saying... If they miss all that, a gelatinous substrate is probably on the low end of the noticeable range. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I think it was noted somewhere ingame or out of game that each person playing night games have some way to hide supernatural body traits so nope they jsut hide them all so noone see that Cassie, Angel, Reyka, PC or other girls are not entirely humans.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
I tried drawing a portrait for Airi, since she's now probably already considered a completed competitor now...

Does this seem about right?

Oh, she's cute. Especially as a human. It's almost a shame she's a slime.

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm doing something incorrectly, but my Willpower keeps dropping to zero. I'm not talking about just the bar, but the attribute of Willpower itself keeps dropping to 0.0.

It usually occurs after getting addicted to Cassie's milk, but I'm not sure if that's the cause or a coincidence.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm doing something incorrectly, but my Willpower keeps dropping to zero. I'm not talking about just the bar, but the attribute of Willpower itself keeps dropping to 0.0.

It usually occurs after getting addicted to Cassie's milk, but I'm not sure if that's the cause or a coincidence.

It's probably not a coincidence, but I can't find the problem, either. At the highest level of addiction (for Cassie), withdrawal causes willpower to be capped to a third of the usual amount, which resets at the end of the night. The code seems sound to me, but I'll test it a bit more extensively once I have the time.

LordBitter

Mar 2, 2016
The easiest way is to take one of the existing files and alter it as you whish. Don't forget to enable thr character once it's ready. 

I got that, but what about entirely new characters?

JickOShadows

May 13, 2016
I downloaded it....but I can't seem to start. I've opened the application and am on what I believe is the start screen (I can name a character, choose a gender and allocate stat points and such), but when I click start, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?