the rival

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
At first planet rival said s/he not wanna waist it weapon energy cells in fight with PC so sent Dane. On Tarkus it was merely fight who can throw more money as SHenka or who got better relation with her to get probe. At Myrellion we only seen s/he was already captured so we got no idea how it exaclty happen aside story bits we heard in scene feore or after fight with queen guard+queen tavira. And after Tarkus our rival already put bug on our ship or other way keep tracking our PC movements. So I think still we not had REAL showdown with rival and it may still mean s/e is strong enought to be rival for 1-2 more MQ planets.

except w/o Dane, it's already confirmed by buttslutmancer he got fired due to that fuck up of a retrieval.

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
sooooo did anyone else realize that the rival in the game is just like the rival from pokemon blue/red version. they both have an arrogant personality and will belittle you constantly. they are always one step ahead of you in collecting data probes(badges) while you go from planet(town) to planet. I have a feeling someone else pointed this out before me.

Well, thanks. Now I'm fantasizing about Gary raping you with his Arcanine if he wins...

Darkfirephoenix

Oct 19, 2015
except w/o Dane, it's already confirmed by buttslutmancer he got fired due to that fuck up of a retrieval.

MASTER buttslutmancer, please get your titles right.

What I don't get: Why fire Dane even though he got the cousin out of the cage/area via playing meatshield? Maybe he got them into the mess in the first place (wasn't strong enough to simply overpower the enemies), or did the cousin simply search for a scapegoat for their own failing?

I would love to get the cousin as follower/slave/whathaveyou and a possibility to allow Dane to have a bit fun if they parted on bad terms

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
MASTER buttslutmancer, please get your titles right.

What I don't get: Why fire Dane even though he got the cousin out of the cage/area via playing meatshield? Maybe he got them into the mess in the first place (wasn't strong enough to simply overpower the enemies), or did the cousin simply searched for a scapegoat for their own failing?

I would love to get the cousin as follower/slave/whathaveyou and a possibility to allow Dane to have a bit fun if they parted on bad terms

Being a stuck up brat who's had everything handed to them? of course they're going to blame someone else for their fuck up.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
What I don't get: Why fire Dane even though he got the cousin out of the cage/area via playing meatshield? Maybe he got them into the mess in the first place (wasn't strong enough to simply overpower the enemies), or did the cousin simply search for a scapegoat for their own failing?

Failing to beat PC at Mhen'ga. Allowing rival to be captured at Myrellion. Seems rival got little patience to henchmans that makes one after another mistakes or fail one after another :p

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Well I not think since it's H-game it will ends in death...some other fate like similar one to this from bad end for Tavira when pc picking rival fate. And if even death I think scene will be really short and quite briefly say what happened. I keep high bet on incest outcome as one of possible options :D

I beg to differ.

My bet is on the outcome being kind of like a bad end.

Probably he/she will get in a situation where they will be raped so bad that they will lose all sense of reason and thought other than thinking of sex.

Maybe afterward though the MC will get the option to take in your cousin, or leave them in such a fate they have earn through their own bad personality.

Although I would love a third option to just take him/her to the authorities and let them deal with it.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
I feel like everyone's missed the third choice where the rival doesn't have anything awful happen to them, and is instead given a job/redeemed/whatever by the PC. Victor himself said not to hate the kids too much, they're a product of their father. No reason there can't be a reasonable conclusion!

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
God, if that's the case I pray we get the chance to just put them out of their misery.

I am violently disturbed by mind break bad ends. They are so much worse than simply dying...

I would have to agree, but quite a few bad ends in CoC were like that for the MC.

Soooo... :|  

I feel like everyone's missed the third choice where the rival doesn't have anything awful happen to them, and is instead given a job/redeemed/whatever by the PC. Victor himself said not to hate the kids too much, they're a product of their father. No reason there can't be a reasonable conclusion!

Since when has anything in these games ever been technically reasonable..? xD  

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Previous threads have had a rather loudish following of people wanting a positive, optionally romantic, end for the Rival and Captain Steele. Which is the camp I am firmly in.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
And there's nothing wrong with that. More often than not, I find myself wanting more interactions with the rival that aren't confrontational whatsoever. I usually prefer redemption over any cruel dickery I could do in the end.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
As a slightly tangential topic, I'd like to note how thoroughly amused I am by people's willingness to jump on the 'Uncle Max is an incorrigible bastard and is to blame for Rival's flawed personality' bandwagon. Even those who are willing to forgive Rival seem to share that sentiment.

But all we've got to substantiate it was some exposition delivered by PC and based entirely on Victor's trashtalking, not to mention that, depending on one's perspective, a lot of things point out to Vic being an equally conniving and scheming son of a gun.

Maybe I've just finally found my personal reason to hate on Victor or at least doubt his reputation and his actions. I was cool with almost everything others didn't like about him: the sloppy seconds he left you; the control he tried to exert on your life; living in his shadow. However if he knowingly left Shade's mom and never cared about Shade or his other spawn before he decided to create a perfect heir - he is a piece of shit, end of story.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Fen had decidedly given me the okay to write the Rival Romance Path at the end of the game, so expect that to be an option.

if he knowingly left Shade's mom and never cared about Shade or his other spawn before he decided to create a perfect heir - he is a piece of shit, end of story.

I don't know if he actually KNEW about Shade, necessarily. Something tells me Victor isn't a fan of sticking around long enough for that.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I beg to differ.

My bet is on the outcome being kind of like a bad end.

Probably he/she will get in a situation where they will be raped so bad that they will lose all sense of reason and thought other than thinking of sex.

Maybe afterward though the MC will get the option to take in your cousin, or leave them in such a fate they have earn through their own bad personality.

Although I would love a third option to just take him/her to the authorities and let them deal with it.

Yeah I nor expected everyone agree with my pov.

There could be also outcome that rival actualy somehow fade to background when Steele would set his/her eyes on something else whatever they want it or was forced (this one way may again make people unhappy for forcefully changing main objective) so it woul be like at some moment Jack/Jil Steele would go awol and only players playing behind PC would notice it and come to forum makes many thread of why it happened.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
Fen had decidedly given me the okay to write the Rival Romance Path at the end of the game, so expect that to be an option.

I don't know if he actually KNEW about Shade, necessarily. Something tells me Victor isn't a fan of sticking around long enough for that.

<3 yesssssss~! and about Shade, I mean think about it, you yourself, IF you choose to be that type of player, probably do impregnate plenty of girls, but it's not like you would ever know if you did or not, same with Vic.(not that I care for Vic really anyway, mostly indifferent)

Also, I just finished up the Myrellion cousin stuff, and I have to say one thing I'm very glad about(spoilers ahead, if you mind), that I was worried about how it'd be, is that your cousin wasn't touched at all. I mean the obvious thing would be for her to have been raped after being beaten, but I'm so so glad that I think her being "saved" for you is what seems to be the case, between her not being touched there, and as is indicated by the fact that she is super repulsed by servicing Taivra in the bad end, implying that she does not do anything sexual at all.
I also did the half-win bad end, where you can have your cousin be your "bed warmer", and I have to say, the rival part was one of the more disturbing things I've read in game, with it being super not detailed too...(I don't think I even could bring myself to read the mentioned scene in detail) because basically the whole game revolves around characters forcing themselves on each other, but it's always like half-consensual, but the description for how it goes with your rival is that there was "clawing, screaming, crying"... needless to say that's not quite what I want... that does make it interesting though for how you'd "romance" your cousin, since evidently she is NOT like the other characters who just "succumb" to you forcing yourself on them.

ALSO(yes more), something is MAYBE kinda revealed about the cousin in the scenes, but it's up for interpretation... like your cousin is "screaming for you" as you take a final blow in the half-win defeat, but I dunno if it's supposed to be screaming worried for your safety, or her just being upset you're about to lose. And apparently your cousin starts saying "I love you" when she thinks you're asleep, after what could only have been days or weeks of being your "bed warmer"(it's not specific about how much time passed), which seems like a weirdly short amount of time for her to have been BROKEN into saying such a thing.

zero point sixty

May 7, 2016
London
That would honestly be hilarious. Like you keep her as your secretary or assistant or something while you're the hotshot CEO of SteeleTech, then the clock hits 5:00pm and she gives you a smirk and viciously smacks your ass on the way out the door... I'd like that :p  

Going back a bit, apologies, but this idea of a sexual power dynamic that is explicitly the inverse of an established power dynamic is very interesting (and appealing) to me.

I wonder why, maybe it's the idea that someone who usually has to exercise a lot of control is desperate to give it up completely in private?

ALSO(yes more), something is MAYBE kinda revealed about the cousin in the scenes, but it's up for interpretation... like your cousin is "screaming for you" as you take a final blow in the half-win defeat, but I dunno if it's supposed to be screaming worried for your safety, or her just being upset you're about to lose. And apparently your cousin starts saying "I love you" when she thinks you're asleep, after what could only have been days or weeks of being your "bed warmer"(it's not specific about how much time passed), which seems like a weirdly short amount of time for her to have been BROKEN into saying such a thing

It may not be what this is hinting at, but I also find the idea of your cousin secretly having a crush on you pretty cool, in a "doth protest too much" kinda way.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I want Jill to secretly love the PC so friggin' much. So much. She's got this envious life, a rich dad that's spoiled her rotten or whatever, and her narcissism makes her think she should be better than you. That you're just her dumb cousin. But she can't shake this kind of... flickering adoration. So then she acts out because she's confused at her own feelings, and the cycle continues until she just admits how much she likes you... Baka.

So tsundere. I want the Rival to be tsundere. But not in a stupid or cliche way. I want there to be real emotional confusion going on. Tangible, mental-state affecting distress, but then have all of it washed away in an instant once she comes to terms with how she feels about the PC. The dynamic from there, whether the Rival is dominant, submissive, or just a sexual equal, doesn't matter quite as much. I like the idea of Jill being a domme but that's me and my fetishes. :p  

Muh fetish

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Also introducing Draganno, now with More Fake Dragon in every juicy helping of puppy-slut.

Dragonpuppy Anno is the best scene at the ball and I'm glad it comes from the space marine suit.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
*Comes back to this thread and sees it´s heading in all the right directions.

I´d love to see either a himedere or tsundere Jill. Either way I´d probably contract diabetes, but it would totally be worth it.

Dragonpuppy Anno is the best scene at the ball and I'm glad it comes from the space marine suit.

It seems like I´ve missed this scene during the ball. Care to enlighten me?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
*Comes back to this thread and sees it´s heading in all the right directions.

I´d love to see either a himedere or tsundere Jill. Either way I´d probably contract diabetes, but it would totally be worth it.

It seems like I´ve missed this scene during the ball. Care to enlighten me?

I meant the party on Poe whatever. No clue why I wrote ball.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I meant the party on Poe whatever. No clue why I wrote ball.

Oh. Then it makes sense. I´ve yet to read all the different scenes for that event...but now I have to try the space marine suit in the very least.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
>Implying you can't have Tsunderehime.

Please limit the word "baka" to silly mode.

EDIT: Darn, thought Savin was actually serious about this for a second, before I read this:
Also introducing Draganno, now with More Fake Dragon in every juicy helping of puppy-slut.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
My only issue with Jill being dominant is that there's a little too much variation to that word in this game, like I want Jill to be dominant, but I do not want a dom/sub relationship with her, or her to be dom in THAT way with whips/toys/etc.. I guess if there was an "act natural" kind of option to the romance, that would be her being "dominant" in a way I'd like, given her personality is naturally dominant.

As for that thing about the rival being an "anal virgin", I would really like to think that she is a virgin in all ways, the same as how your character is one when you start your journey.(it would make a bit of extra sense about why she is super against you forcing yourself on her in the bad end) I just feel like it'd make it more special when you finally do get your rival. The virginity taking stuff is included in a few scenes already to make the scenes more significant, so I hope it'll be included in what is one of the more sought after romances(imo?). Though I'm always a little weirded out by those scenes when your character is a virgin too but it's not "mentioned" at all.. like why does no character care if you're a virgin?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Kiha had a little of both. From the scene where she milks a lactating PC to the one where the PC uses tentacles on her.

No one cares because they don't have those blurbs written, lol.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
EDIT: Darn, thought Savin was actually serious about this for a second, before I read this:

No, this is legit, as much as you can get on the forums when stuff goes silly. Anno's Scaley suit will probably make a return, it's been discussed during streams.

I would really like to think that she is a virgin in all ways

Nah, besides the code not saying it there's also the email where they send you a pic of them naked and surrounded by zil being worshiped "like some sort of asshole-god-thing".

Skiren

May 25, 2016
Nah, besides the code not saying it there's also the email where they send you a pic of them naked and surrounded by zil being worshiped "like some sort of asshole-god-thing".

I am familiar with that, but given that it's not an ACTUAL pic, it's up for interpretation in that, it's not ACTUALLY stated what the "worship" means, they could be licking her, they could be massaging her, they could be feeding her honey, but regardless of what they're doing, it's FEMALE Zil that are with her, meaning there's 0 chance of that taking her virginity if she has it still.(I forget if the female Zil can take your virginity, but even if they can, the way they'd take it wouldn't translate to the male version of Jill, so I assume there's no insertions. Especially since Jill is disgusted by Taivra's "insertion" tool)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Hey guys I'm sorry for the confusion; I retracted my previous statement from my post so let me just correct myself here.

Jack is neither a cock nor anal virgin (lewd). Jill is only an anal virgin, but still has her hymen for some reason (either restoration from an item or it's just a mistake). This is going purely off of what the code says. 99% sure Fen or Gedan made a mistake somewhere and/or simply haven't decided yet on one or both of their sexual experiences (since it hasn't been all that relevant yet). Personally, I'm up for her being a virgin and all, but ultimately Fen will decide, a writer will address it, or it'll never be mentioned and you can just use your headcanon for it (if you're on the Pure Virgin Waifu* team).

*Please understand that Savin hates you.