Valor and glory - New public version 27/01/2019!

Pushtomorrow

Oct 20, 2015
Older version worked no problem and yes the .net is already installed. My apologies I forgot to mention that windows 10 comes default installed with 4.6

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Older version worked no problem and yes the .net is already installed. My apologies I forgot to mention that windows 10 comes default installed with 4.6

Mrrh, this is a tricky one then. Could you try opening windows event viewer and then run the .exe? You right click on computer, select "manage" and then the event viewer should be on the left. Pick windows logs -> application. Maybe it gives you a message on what transpires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pushtomorrow

Oct 20, 2015
Nope nothing on the windows logs. That is what makes it so strange.

EDIT: It also seems that the program must of have sort of part running in a loop as the file can't be deleted due to be in use. So something is happening but never finishes or stalls out.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Nope nothing on the windows logs. That is what makes it so strange.

EDIT: It also seems that the program must of have sort of part running in a loop as the file can't be deleted due to be in use. So something is happening but never finishes or stalls out.

That sounds very odd indeed. I haven't been able to google any answers, and it's gonna take me some time to borrow a pc with Win10 to test this. I can't give a time on when I'll be able to look into this sadly. Apologies.

Rfpnj

Sep 24, 2015
The major problem i have is trainig stops working quickly after clicking the exe

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
The major problem i have is trainig stops working quickly after clicking the exe

Are you using Windows 10 as well?   Could you try opening windows event viewer and then run the .exe? You right click on computer, select "manage" and then the event viewer should be on the left. Pick windows logs -> application. Maybe it gives you a message on what transpires.

Rfpnj

Sep 24, 2015
Are you using Windows 10 as well?   Could you try opening windows event viewer and then run the .exe? You right click on computer, select "manage" and then the event viewer should be on the left. Pick windows logs -> application. Maybe it gives you a message on what transpires.

No i am on vista, and after a dozen or so attempts i can get it to run.

Information:

-

System

-

Provider

[ Name]

Windows Error Reporting

-

EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords

0x80000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]

2016-07-08T15:49:21.000Z

EventRecordID

Channel

Application

Computer

P****y-PC

Security

-

EventData

CLR20r3

None

ValorAndGlory.exe

577e519d

AudioPlayerLib

577d7eac

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

C:\Users\P****y\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9144.tmp.version.txt C:\Users\Peggy\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA3DB.tmp.mdmp

C:\Users\P****y\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report1928adb9

Error:

-

System

-

Provider

[ Name]

.NET Runtime

-

EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords

0x80000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]

2016-07-08T15:49:20.000Z

EventRecordID

Channel

Application

Computer

P*****y-PC

Security

-

EventData

Application: ValorAndGlory.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException at AudioPlayerLib.PlayerThread.CreateMediaPlayer(System.String) at AudioPlayerLib.AudioPlayer..ctor(System.String, Boolean) at trainig.MainWindow..ctor() Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri) at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri) at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext) at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean) at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup() at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window) at trainig.App.Main()

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016

Again it's the audio player! I do apologies. When microsoft created the platform I run the game on, they really goofed the sound functionality. Creating two ways to handle sounds, but both being lacking one way or the other. I wish for your patience while I look into this.

No i am on vista, and after a dozen or so attempts i can get it to run.

Information:

-

System

-

Provider

[ Name]

Windows Error Reporting

-

EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords

0x80000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]

2016-07-08T15:49:21.000Z

EventRecordID

Channel

Application

Computer

P****y-PC

Security

-

EventData

CLR20r3

None

ValorAndGlory.exe

577e519d

AudioPlayerLib

577d7eac

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

C:\Users\P****y\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9144.tmp.version.txt C:\Users\Peggy\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA3DB.tmp.mdmp

C:\Users\P****y\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report1928adb9

Error:

-

System

-

Provider

[ Name]

.NET Runtime

-

EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords

0x80000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]

2016-07-08T15:49:20.000Z

EventRecordID

Channel

Application

Computer

P*****y-PC

Security

-

EventData

Application: ValorAndGlory.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException at AudioPlayerLib.PlayerThread.CreateMediaPlayer(System.String) at AudioPlayerLib.AudioPlayer..ctor(System.String, Boolean) at trainig.MainWindow..ctor() Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri) at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri) at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext) at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean) at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup() at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window) at trainig.App.Main()

Again it's the audio player! I do apologies. When microsoft created the platform I run the game on, they really goofed the sound functionality. Creating two ways to handle sounds, but both being lacking one way or the other. I wish for your patience while I look into this.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
I've got Windows 10 Pro x64. No issues with any versions. I have completely updated .net and visual c++ libraries. And I installed both the 32 and 64 bit versions of each one. The AudioPlayerLib.dll uses the AudioPlayerLib.pdb file for debugging. Visual C++ usually handles the pdb files.

With Vista, I think you need to be running Vista SP2 to take full advantage of Visual C++ and .NET. 

I'd check to see if your Visual C++ libraries up to date (Visual C++ 2015) and install both the 32 and 64 bit redistributables. It shouldn't hurt to look into installing .net libraries, too. I kept the old versions of .net and re-installed them when I upgraded to 10. I did them in order from 1.1 SP2, 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1, and then 4.6. I started with 1.1 32-bit then installed the 64 bit version. I did the same thing with Visual C++ from 2005 version up to 2015.

Link to visual downloads https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

Link to .net downloads https://www.microsoft.com/net/download

Hope this helps!

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Somewhat offtopic, but @Leopold visette, were you able to use the edits I made?  Were they helpful at all?

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Somewhat offtopic, but @Leopold visette, were you able to use the edits I made?  Were they helpful at all?

Oh dear, hehe. Honestly I hadn't even noticed, since it doesn't alarm me when someone edits a post. But darn, you've been throughout. If you've got a paypal I can send you some $ for a cup of coffee as thanks :p

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Oh dear, hehe. Honestly I hadn't even noticed, since it doesn't alarm me when someone edits a post. But darn, you've been throughout. If you've got a paypal I can send you some $ for a cup of coffee as thanks :p

I'll PM you with it, but it's not like I did it for compensation.  I just like your project and want to see it succeed is all.  And of course, if you have other stuff you'd like me to look over, feel free to PM me whenever :)

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
It is I, the second place winner in cheese rolling, Leopold Visette! Bringing offerings~

Game version 0.0.1n - 15/07/2016
New features:
- Added some more graphics for the maps, making them stand out some more.
- Added a fizzle sound for the lightning spell.
- New scene for if you've got a high affection with Moira, and visits her before noon. (Currently only for males. Female version in the works)
- Added credits that can be displayed in options.

Fixes:
- The first attempt in a line on fixing my bad spelling, thanks to Karunama (still working my way through it)

Notes:
- If someone invents a machine that can highfive someone through the screen, I'm doing that to Karu for checking like 50 pages for spelling mistakes.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Might actually get around to trying this out, between some writing and RPing going on this week. Seems like most of your updates are adding some nice content.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Greetings!

Game version 0.0.1o - 25/07/2016
New features:

- The female version of Moira initial sex scene is in
- Added some new recipes for items under crafting
- Added a new perk for when leveling up

Notes:
- I'm currently working on the next area. That's why I don't have a lot to show, but hopefully it'll be done for next week. See ya.

rakgi

Aug 27, 2015
Game was great cause of the M/M stuff, sooo when is more of that stuff coming? or is the game shifting to more M/F now?

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game was great cause of the M/M stuff, sooo when is more of that stuff coming? or is the game shifting to more M/F now?

Hey Rakgi! I don't have any direction to what kind of scenes the game should mainly consist of. My scatterbrain workflow function more like: "This scene would be great, let's do this now!". But with that being said, I'm a M/F preference kinda guy myself, so I don't know if that tends to make me more likely to unintentionally forget about the M/M & F/F audience. 

But it's good that you bring it up. I like to please, and I do have some planned scenes that involves male on male action. Stuff with male humans, male humanoids or monsters that has a cock basically.

A bonus question if I might, and I hope it doesn't offend. Remember I completely green to how M/M kinks work :p  But scenes that involves your male character being fucked, like the Wood golem lose scene, Woodrunner lose scene or the shemale blowjob, does these work at all for you? Or should I focus more on something that's definitely humanoid in proportion, like the ratling, to please the M/M audience?

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Certainly never enough M/M out there. Seems like the best option might be to look into additional writers if you're having issues writing them. Even if it's not permanent, a more seasoned writer in that content field could be a big help to boosting your own writing sense for it.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Report:

-I seem to have triggered the Moira blowjob scene without actually getting a job with her.  It seems to be triggered by high charisma/flirt, as I was able to trigger as soon as I arrived in the inn for the first time.  Moira's content in general seems to be tied to charisma rather than affection.

-Having '??????' preface a sex scene is probably not a good idea, as players who aren't into that content my stumble in on it by accident.

-Meeting Symphony: "you can't help bur smile back, the " - but.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Report:

-I seem to have triggered the Moira blowjob scene without actually getting a job with her.  It seems to be triggered by high charisma/flirt, as I was able to trigger as soon as I arrived in the inn for the first time.  Moira's content in general seems to be tied to charisma rather than affection.

-Having '??????' preface a sex scene is probably not a good idea, as players who aren't into that content my stumble in on it by accident.

-Meeting Symphony: "you can't help bur smile back, the " - but.

Thanks my dark master :)  Added to the fix-list

Certainly never enough M/M out there. Seems like the best option might be to look into additional writers if you're having issues writing them. Even if it's not permanent, a more seasoned writer in that content field could be a big help to boosting your own writing sense for it.

True. How are you faring in the M/M writing area, Bubbles?

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Thanks my dark master :)  Added to the fix-list

True. How are you faring in the M/M writing area, Bubbles?

At the moment, about as well as one might think. Not a ton of peeps out there wanting it (though I am writing some M/M friendly stuff in my Human dude for TiTS), so it's totally a sparse field without enough practice. Might end up releasing some scenes depending on how this CYOA plays out.

In other news, finally been able to get the game and start playing it. Totes not disappointed (beyond just wanting more, like a greedy dude). Good job so far.

rakgi

Aug 27, 2015
Wont offend me at all :p  

To answer your question, they do all work for me especially the wood golem, and ratman :D  I was hopin to see some funs with the orc guy in the tavern or maybe them piggies up in the north :D

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Hey Rakgi! I don't have any direction to what kind of scenes the game should mainly consist of. My scatterbrain workflow function more like: "This scene would be great, let's do this now!". But with that being said, I'm a M/F preference kinda guy myself, so I don't know if that tends to make me more likely to unintentionally forget about the M/M & F/F audience. 

But it's good that you bring it up. I like to please, and I do have some planned scenes that involves male on male action. Stuff with male humans, male humanoids or monsters that has a cock basically.

A bonus question if I might, and I hope it doesn't offend. Remember I completely green to how M/M kinks work :p  But scenes that involves your male character being fucked, like the Wood golem lose scene, Woodrunner lose scene or the shemale blowjob, does these work at all for you? Or should I focus more on something that's definitely humanoid in proportion, like the ratling, to please the M/M audience?

I liked the ratling, but the wood golem was way better, IMO.  I'm a man, so I should get manhandled :p.  I have to agree and disagree with rakgi;  The orc guy would be cool, mebbe help him move on from his previous relationship.  That said, unlike rakgi, i wouldn't want the boars cuz I'm not into animals personally.  That said... more content is better, obviously, and if i don't like a scene, i won't put myself in a position to see it, so no biggie either way.

Random sidenote; tentacle monsters are popular for a reason :p.

edit: since you asked (and i only just now noticed) about the shemale bj scene, i will have to say that personally, I'm only into M/M.  Shemales/futas/traps just don't do it for me.  Some people love that stuff, but for me personally, I find female characteristics to be a major turn off.  This is also why I never saw the loss scene for the woodrunner.  They have tits, so I assumed there wasn't anything for me there.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Hey all! No new update yet sadly (writer absence, new computer game and the new harry potter book stole some time this week) but I wanted to show a little of the content coming in the next area:

The farmlands:
Before we enter the city, we travel through part of the area that provides for the many mouths within the walls. In time it'll hopefully get some nice things going for it.

Untitled-1.jpg

For the fun parts, I've got two new monsters coming up:

The Cumquat, and packing, mysterious being wobbles across the farmlands.

20617855@400-1469039147.jpg

And the Moohmin, a milk providing, young feisty beast roaming the grassy planes.

moohmin.jpg

There not in the game as of yet, but I wanted to keep you lovely lads and ladies up to speed on how we're progressing :)  

Thanks for your time.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
That's moo-nderful news. Never enough cowgirls!

art926

Sep 8, 2015
Found two bugs that I can easily reproduce!
For both I saved on cocoon cell, character level 2, just the beginning, very few items.

1) Lost in the fight with the spider (after searching cocoon) -> Load game -> Go south (not checking cocoon this time) -> met a rat man, won him -> leads to empty page screen

2) Another bug with the spider:  Saved at cocoon cell, started the fight, lost, load, search cocoon again -> found items without fighting with the spider and leveled up!

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Found two bugs that I can easily reproduce!
For both I saved on cocoon cell, character level 2, just the beginning, very few items.

1) Lost in the fight with the spider (after searching cocoon) -> Load game -> Go south (not checking cocoon this time) -> met a rat man, won him -> leads to empty page screen

2) Another bug with the spider:  Saved at cocoon cell, started the fight, lost, load, search cocoon again -> found items without fighting with the spider and leveled up!

Thanks for the report mate, I'll have a look at it

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.0.2a - 12/08/2016
New features:

- Started working on the Farmlands area, which can be found by hitting east from the forest (Not a whole to do there as of now)
- Added two new monsters: The cumquat(with victory scene) and the moohmin(victory scene in the works), which can be found in the farmlands
- Raised the level cap by 1

Fixes:
- More spelling errors
- Fixed a bug involving the spider boss that could lock/cheat the game. Thanks to art926

Notes:
- Was thinking that once the moohmin win-scene gets done, we put our attention at getting some smut out there. Some win-scenarios for the player after beating a monster more specific.
- Does anyone know if there's people on the forum that takes writing jobs? Commissions and such.