Holy Spam Batman!

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
What the hell just happened? Log on to the forums and see nearly every portion of it flooded with Korean advertisements for a roulette site by bots. Already messaged the staff, but wondering what's with the sudden surge in spam. Does that happen often? Cause it's around at least 10 threads of spam per subforum.

Edit: Seems to be mainly on the TiTs, CoC, RP, and General Bullshit subforums. More spam threads are opening up too, one was posted literally a second after this thread was made in fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

MysteryMouse

Aug 29, 2015
I don't know. It's really creeping me out though...

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I don't know. It's really creeping me out though...

I don't think I've ever seen a spam assault this bad in all my years of interneting. Usually I only see the aftermath, first time I'm there right in the middle of the action.

MysteryMouse

Aug 29, 2015
Well, same here. I've only really seen spams in chatsites. That's usually more annoying than creepy. This is just... yeah.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Well, same here. I've only really seen spams in chatsites. That's usually more annoying than creepy. This is just... yeah.

It's gotten so bad that the TiTs subforum has had its real threads pushed back an entire page, the others seem headed that way, wouldn't surprise me if new bots show up for the remaining safe forums too.

Alright some quick googling shows that this exact website has been spammed on other sites recently, and in massive waves too. Only solution is to report all spam threads in mass, and not allow new people to make accounts, which sucks to do as an option. Will try to report as many threads as I can.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
This is insane, I don't get the point to begin with.

The website is filled with malware, they just need one sap to go there, so I'm guessing that's the point. All it really does is annoy the shit out of everyone.

Good luck.

Reported 20-30 threads, but I think it might not be too useful since I might be spamming the mods instead, so I'm stopping that for now unless they tell us we should keep reporting the spam threads.

MysteryMouse

Aug 29, 2015
Spammer usually don't have much of a point than for the "Evulz" as it's called. Basically they do it because they think it's fun.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
meh, can't imagine being so pathetic and petty that doing that actually is considered fun.

MysteryMouse

Aug 29, 2015
Everything is fun to someone. This is probably a person, or group, who have no lives and feel that spamming a forum everyone enjoys, making them miserable, is what they see as fun. It's just being an ass.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Not just a forum though, these guys/guy have hit loads of forums apparently. Just google "LCD82 spam" and you'll see what I mean

L

Lawleious

Funny enough I was eating a can of spam when it started *VIETNAM FLASHBACKS* seriously though lets just try to ignore these fucks reporting actually causes them to make more accounts to spam on (but if the option to not have new accounts made would make it fair game) and lets hope Ted the forum God just turns off the option to make new accounts and then put the residue on the grill.(Your friendly ex-spammer for hire giving you tips on how to deal with spam)

Last edited:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Great know I'm hungry for Spam!

Also yeah I messaged Ted, but seems staff is asleep, which I can't blame them since it is 2am. Hopefully by morning this will all blow over. My main goal right now is to keep this thread visible so others can know what's up.

L

Lawleious

I actually got 3 cans left...fuck it this forums making me hungry now (so in general wait for relief from staff,hope Teddy disables new account making,report spam threads as soon as Teddy disables new account making)

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
The Spam is gone! Just checked and it's been removed from everywhere I think!

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
*Rejoices* Yup Teddy is actually god its official now.

Actually I think it was Gedan who did it, just checked online users and Gedan is the only staff online at the moment.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
The Shitposting Support Robot would like to clarify that magic ted is not god, and that the Shitposting Support Robot was deployed to remove the posts and accounts.

All hail the SSR! (Also so happy a new admin level staff member's first post is in my thread, silly but fun)

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Hmm wonder if cause Im using my phone is the reason I didn't notice it...

Edit: noticing alot of peeps who eat spam, just curious whats it taste like? Ive always heard its awful so been to scared to try it.

L

Lawleious

Well shit a shitposting support bot exists.....I feel so happy knowing that now.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
This superhero wouldn't happen to be located Hawaii. "This city is a cesspool and me I'm here to clean this shit up" http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2012-09-20-musubi.jpeg

Lol was kinda imagining laser eyes or maybe something like Robo-cop. But hey if SSR's power is to replace (both the food and the digital BS) spam with some awsome looking food I'm okay with that too... I'm not hard to get along with. xD