Holy Spam Batman!

L

Lawleious

They are back....*VIETNAM FLASHBACKS* SSR where are you our savior!?

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Hmm wonder if cause Im using my phone is the reason I didn't notice it...

Edit: noticing alot of peeps who eat spam, just curious whats it taste like? Ive always heard its awful so been to scared to try it.

Tastes good, it's like a rubbery meat, which sounds gross but I like it. Heck I like Spam more than Bacon! Haven't had it in ages, so I don't exactly remember the taste though.

Lel they're back,,,

They came back already!?

They are back....*VIETNAM FLASHBACKS* SSR where are you our savior!?

I don't see any, so I'm assuming SSR already knocked them out. Good, but it show this is a very strong assault, makes me worry this might be a recurring menace.

L

Lawleious

Tastes good, it's like a rubbery meat, which sounds gross but I like it. Heck I like Spam more than Bacon! Haven't had it in ages, so I don't exactly remember the taste though.

Very salty stringy plasticky mix of various meats frozen and condensed into a cube put in a can so imagine......a burger patty ready to go with 2x extra salt and half the size *Fry the shit out of spam trust me*

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
I do a thing called sleep, you know.

But no, the forums haven't suffered from a spam invasion before. Either of them, actually. At most we get an actual personal spammer who makes an account, posts a blurb to some site and then fucks off. You don't see those for to long. 

Actually dealing with spambots is thankfully a one button affair. So hooray.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I do a thing called sleep, you know.

But no, the forums haven't suffered from a spam invasion before. Either of them, actually. At most we get an actual personal spammer who makes an account, posts a blurb to some site and then fucks off. You don't see those for to long. 

Actually dealing with spambots is thankfully a one button affair. So hooray.

Yeah I had a feeling you might be sleeping, it was pretty late at night, in fact I was just about to head to bed when I noticed the spam wave starting. Hopefully this was a one night affair and doesn't become more frequent.

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015
Lol was kinda imagining laser eyes or maybe something like Robo-cop. But hey if SSR's power is to replace (both the food and the digital BS) spam with some awsome looking food I'm okay with that too... I'm not hard to get along with. xD

Awesome food? that's spam!!!!

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
That's why I hate Hawaii, well that and all the meth heads. mostly cleverly disguised spam its like watching foxnews.

Tp be fare I've never actually seen spam before (the food). And my roommate tells me it tastes like ham.

And its easy to deal with people addicted to hard drugs. (Used to have to interact with them on a nightly basis because I worked at a gas station on the more bad side of town.

*Fry the shit out of spam trust me*

Same thing roomy said.

So is the spam (here on the forum) gone?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
God fucking hell I hate spam bots. It's really fucking annoying to deal with, and seeing it makes me :donkey: , this is especially true when your a mod/admin on a forum. Thank the internet gods though for one click solutions as MT pointed out.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
So is the spam (here on the forum) gone?

Apparently, it struck in two waves and is now gone for now. It might come back though, there's little to be done to fully prevent it, hopefully the new Anti-Spam-Bot-That-Might-Be-Gedan-In-Disguise can stop it from getting as silly as it got last night. 

L

Lawleious

Wow, harsh. It's not ALL bad here.

Having been born in Boston and then living in Hawaii for a year before being disowned by my pops and exiled to the Philipines I can say this.....Hawaii girls all have great racks fucking delicous.

L

Lawleious

SSR must be doing its job greatly cause I don't see shit.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
And it tossing thread at steady pace so far. Hopefully user-bot behind it would be put out of misery quite soon by one of admins xD

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Jesus Christ, three straight pages of spamposts. Lucky me the new forum has a "Delete All Content" function on your profiles. Also a delete your profile button. So that's sorted out! ^_^

L

Lawleious

Jesus Christ, three straight pages of spamposts. Lucky me the new forum has a "Delete All Content" function on your profiles. Also a delete your profile button. So that's sorted out! ^_^

Please be wise with this power Savin.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
They came back again? Jeez, they sure are persistent, and seem to hit mainly after midnight for my time zone. Which leads me to believe that the bots work on a Korean time table.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
They came back again? Jeez, they sure are persistent, and seem to hit mainly after midnight for my time zone. Which leads me to believe that the bots work on a Korean time table.

Well the posts were in Korean, so that's not surprising.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Well the posts were in Korean, so that's not surprising.

Yeah I know, but I still find it funny that the bots only seem to operate when Koreans are awake, which makes sense since that's the group most likely to click on the spam. But if that is the logic for that, why target English speaking sites? Regardless of the answer, whoever programmed these bots deserve to get the legs broken. Advertisements are bad enough, but bot-spam is worse, and disrupts millions of people's lives every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Krynh

I assume then that they are using different IP adresses each time? And email accounts.

Odd how they're getting through the security checks on profile registration.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I assume they're using ~new~ details which is why they're getting through. They usually come in a set of 4-5 accounts; the first few will get through, but by the time the third hits us, then the spam-reports from other sites has caught up and stops them from being able to post.