A.N.A.L (In Game)

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"We got company... Keep your eyes peeled for movement in the undergrowth." Anja whispers, keeping her weapon sheated.

L

Lawleious

"You know what?... It's most likely just some idiot getting devoured and all the creatures and critters having their mouths full" Laughing at his own statement he relaxes a little lowering his fists and walking on.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
As the group resumes they're treck and continues to move forward, ( I'm assuming a marching order spreading our 3 fighter types out evenly), Kay up front with Jinni directly behind him, with Claire on Jinni's left and Anja on his right and Purgat bringing up the rear. The path continues for a while and narrowing at one point and becomeing more waterlogged in another, you boots squishing seemingly very loudly in the mud and muck with no background noise. After awhile, theres is a curve to the right, then back to the left the ground becoming a bit more solid and the overhead foliage becomeing thicker taking from the lighting provided by the sun a good deal. In fact, if it were any tine other then noon to mid-afternoon it would be very hard for a human to see. The path then continues straight ahead (spot check Kei 21, Claire 7, Jinni 17, Anja 16, Purgat 14), seeing nothing out of the normal everyone continues ahead and trees growing taller and more dense as you all proceed.

Eventually,  the long path opens into a sparsely lit clearing and (Kay being in front gets the first spot check: 23) before entering the clearing, noticing a translucent layer of webbing covering the floor covering the entrance to the clearing (based on your time spent growing up in the forest Kay, you know it would be a mistake to touch it), as well as some medium sized creatures wrapped in webbing and hanging from some of the sturdier looking branches, And thats when it happens, Purgat gets hit from behind on his back by something bowling him over face first into the dirt and he feels a sharp prick of pain in his shoulder blade like a bite (Fortitude save 1) the venom takes hold almost immediately and he begins to feel weaker (take 1 point of damage to your HP and 3 points of temporary  damage to your strength) as those who turn toward the loud thump see

94abda41ad5a7d9cb2a2bac22dc306e8.jpg

a human (medium) sized spider pulling its fangs out of Purgat's back and hissing at the other four that remain, rearing up menacingly its two front legs and clicking its fangs.

(Attack 13 VS Kay's AC 18) As the group readies itself a large web wooshs by Kay's head and spatters against a tree nearby. Letting everyone know that theres probably more than one of these things close by.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Jinni sneers as he sees the spider. "See this is why I despise these kinds of places." He puts his thumbs together and spreads his fingers as a thin wave of fire shoots to the spider waving its legs and clicking it's fangs. (It has to make a dex save and has to beat 15. Will take 14 damage if it fails and 7 damage it passes the save.)

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Anja takes the initiative and pulls out her rapier, engaging the beast head-on.

She stabs the spider with her rapier. (Attack roll: 16 (11+5), if it hits, it will do + (roll 1-6: 4) = 11 damage)

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
The paladin felt the web blast rush by his head before he even notice a second attacker was incoming.  He kept his shield raised  as he approached the beast for a downward swing of his sword hoping that the next time the hidden attacker resolved to strike, it would have to show itself.

((Atk roll: 23 (18+5) Dmg roll: 9 dmg(4+5)))

L

Lawleious

Summoning on his armour he roars as he charges like a cannonball at the his 8 legged offender with his claws bared "BRING IT! HAHAHAHAHA!"

((Atk roll: 19 (16+6-3) Dmg roll:20 (18+5-3) ))

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
The eight-legged monster doesn't have enough time to react as a blade is plunged into the top of its torso by Anja, it shrieks in rage just as the flames erupting from Jinni's fingers bathe it in flames and setting the wretched thing alight causing it to stumble backwards. Claire (holds her action) watches on in shock at the group falls on the creature and for a fleeting moment she almost feels sorry for it. The spider is on its back, legs twitching when Purgat runs over and caves the things head in fallowed by Kay who drives his blade into the corpse. The thing is obviously dead but you dont quite feel safe yet. (11+5=16) Claire lets out a cry of surprise as she is suddenly hit by a large net of webbing from the side and then (6+3=9 VS 10+2=12) as she struggles with the web-net she is suddenly and swiftly pulled past the treeline. And a large net of webbing plasters itself along the gaps between the trees that she slid past, creating a 10 foot wide and 5 foot tall net of web blocking the way she was dragged down. In the clearing with the webbed floor a faint cracking sound can be heard along with some unfamiliar, slightly muffled female screams.

L

Lawleious

Hearing Claire's cry of surprise he turns balling his fists and charging, Bracing for the impact against the wall of webbing.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"Claire!" Kay shouted in surprise as he ran towards the web wall. He wasn't sure how effective slashing at it with his sword would be but he tried doing it without thought or relent. He could hear another voice on the other side of the wall in what sounded like pleas for help and it only spurned him to hit the web harder. "We are coming!"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Don't rush ahead, goddamnit! You'll run into an ambush!" Anja tries to cover Kay's back, scanning for hostiles.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Purgat, after charging straight into the web tries to break free, (STR check 12) but to no avail. Kay's sword slices through the web and cuts open a path, causing Purgat to fall to the side still held by the web and (Anja's search check 19 VS other's Hide 15) Anja notices movement in the clearing, upon closer inspection she discovers its another spider making its way to the side of the clearing somewhat in the direction of the way that Claire disappeared. 

wraispid.gif

This one however doesn't seem interested in fighting and scuttles across the branches as easily as if it were on the ground. The sound of unknown muffled cries is still coming from the clearing and in the underbrush there is a slight path where Claire has been dragged that shows the direction she was taken.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Someone cover my back... I'm gonna try to see how many there are..." Anja takes a look around and sneaks through the brush to scout for Claire and her arachnid captors.

L

Lawleious

Continuing to struggle against the wall of web Purgat finally remembers past his excitement that he has claws "..... Fuck me" Taking one quick slash he's free and runs faster after Kay and towards Claire, Summoning off his helmet to see clearly as he rushes through the trees.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Kay tries not to slow himself as he follows the path ahead on Claire's assailant's trail with his tarnished shield raised, half expecting an attack or a surprise to intercept them. He knew there were more things creeping around and he should be more careful but he could not keep himself from hurrying as any delay might prove to be fatal to his companion. The paladin could only hope no trap awaited ahead.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Jinni follows them while walking backwards slowly, making sure there are no more surprise attacks.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
(Anja Search check: ☆20+2=22) As Anja scouts for the Claire-napper and other threats she immediately sees the last spider thats alive scuttling through the branches towards... As you look and run in the direction of the spider you see in the shadows what its heading towards. And what its heading to has Claire wrapped in webbing and slung over his shoulder just as he's starting to leave. (In light of your higher Dex and the good search check you have the drop on him and he hasn't seen you yet.)

ettercap_by_forrestimel-d5fhrsp.png

Everyone else is behind Anja (some further than others) and hasn't seen this yet.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Anja keeps herself low and quiet, and signals for the others to follow her, before she goes in.

Anja uses Sneak Attack on the mysterious enemy. Roll: 17+5, Damage roll: 5+5, Sneak Attack roll: 4+5 (Total damage: 19)

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Anja's  sneak attack hits it in the back, causing the spider-morph like creature to hiss in pain in some foreign language (undercommon for those that care), and it wheels around to face his attacker, his multiple beady eyes filled with rage, however as he does (Attack roll: ☆20, 5+1x2=12) a small blade pokes through his chest for a few moments, his gaze shifting from Anja to the tip of the sword, the light in his eyes fades and the web sack on his back slips from his hand and drops as his knees buckle and they hit the ground simultaneously, the former grunting in muffled pain "ow..."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Who..." She wonders, hefting up the arachno-humanoid's head to make sure it's dead. "Claire, can you hear me?"

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
The Arachnid creature is quite dead, and you see a small short-sword blade pokeing out of the websack and Claire’s glaive laying a few feet away as Kay reaches the scene next. Anja hears a muffled "yes? Anja? Is that you?! Hang on I think I can... (holy shit... ☆20+1=21 STR check) the web bursts open to reveal a Claire, and she stands up with somehow not a single piece of web clinging to her with a short sword in hand which she sheaths  behind her waist. She seems a little paler than normal and a little unsteady on her feet at first, but judging by the way she burst out of that web she seems fine. "Ewwww omigod I hate spiders!" She says looking at the carcass in front of her, she makes to kick its head (1 misses) and slips and falls on her ass.

Aroumd this time Jinni and Purgat reach the scene.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Anja chuckles and reaches down for Claire, to try to pull her up. "You're alright, now..."

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"Great job, Anja." The paladin approached the two girls weapons still held high. "I still heard noises. We are not done yet." A smile reached Kay's lips, having them all back in formation and Claire safe had raised his spirits. "Come on, fellas! Give us your best shot!"

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
As everyone regroups, the other large spider's beady eyes can be seen (by Anja) peering down at the party, however it makes no move to actually face you all in close range combat. After a moment its head disappears into the tree's leaves and starts to head back the way it came, no longer interested the group before it. This leaves the group in the dark thick forest, it would be easy to find your way back to the trail or you could keep exploring off the beaten path, the sun is just now starting it's descent in the sky and it wont take long for the forest to be dark.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"I think we may have scared them off, Kay." Anja wipes off the spider blood on her rapier in a nearby leaf. "I never knew you were into bondage, Claire." She jests.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Claire laughs as she stands up dusting the forest debris from her ample bottom. "Yeah, me either." She smirks at Anja as finishes knocking the leaves from her person and retrieves her glaive. "Though truthfully I'd rather be tied up by someone prettier than that. Though in all seriousness, we get a move on? Its getting harder and harder to see, and the knight who taught me didn't get to the blind-fighting portion of his lessons."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Intriguing..." She smiles mischevously, before sheating her rapier. "And I agree, let's keep going, lest someone is dragged off, again."

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"I don't think this is over yet. There was someone else at the clearing ahead. I know I head more voices." He pondered for a moment. "This place is a living trap if I ever saw one and it could have been an enemy I heard... but it could also be someone in need of help. I can't risk it." He focused on the blade of his sword summoning it's light of divinity to alleviate the creeping shadows. "I'm sorry guys, I have to to do this." He said as he walked carefully towards the larger clearing.

L

Lawleious

Walking right past Kay at a brisk pace energetic with adrenaline "I heard em too so pick up the pace mate!" Into the clearing, Yelling "HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Pausing to see if theres a response "......COME ON YOU GOT ME ALL WORKED UP SO LET ME FINISH YOU BASTARDS!" Summoning off the rest his armour and displaying himself for all to see "BRING IT!" Shifting into his fighting stance ready to strike.