A.N.A.L (In Game)

L

Lawleious

His smirk now at full mast and his eyes shifting from their usual blood red to a chilling misty blue, He bows "My designation is L.A.W I am honoured to serve you"

Staring at Kay "My lord" turning to Anja "Madam" and finally to Claire "and my fair maiden" Quickly standing back upright one hand over his chest as if reciting a pledge and the other behind his back.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"Milady cannot seriously mean to send *that* along with us." The disgust at the very thought was obvious at the paladin's face. "I do believe the task we are entrusted is perilous but having him among us only adds to the problem, not to the solution." He then turned to Purgat. "I am nobody's lord, do not call me so."

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
The baroness looks at Anja and smiles pleasently, "but of course miss rogue, and I have multiple anwsers. Also uless you plan on leaving the vicinity of the map, you wont need to memorize it, thats a copy you may take with you so you dont get lost. But don't worry about that for the moment, please, ask your multiple questions."

Vinerith looks at Kay, her face turning to an expression of pure boredom. "I have ensured that Purgat will play nice, so yes I can, and yes I am serious, unless you dislike my gift that I gave you yesterday, I can take her back if that is your desire. Now to futher explaine why I'm sending Purgat with you, he is going to serve as a..." she twirls her hand at the wrist like shes searching for the right word, "gaurdian, of my interests. Plus there really isnt any reason you should be worried about him. Since his most recent outburst I've reigned in his deathknight powers a little, plus theres the simple fact that theres four of you and one of him."He will actually prove to be great help to you and yours. Don't be so timid, champion of Marae." She finishes, her features returning to one of contentment. Throughout the whole conversation Claire’s fist is pressed into her other hands palm, her knuckles white from the tension, either Vinerith doesn't notice or doesn't care.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
The paladin steeled his will. "As you wish, milady. But if he steps out of the line..." Kay crossed his arms across his chest. "...or even look wrong to any of the girls. He will not be the only one I'll hold accountable." He shut his mouth, he said his piece. He knew he might have crossed a line but it was his duty to make sure everyone knew where he stood if this quest was to yield more result then 5 corpses.

L

Lawleious

Having a chuckle at the paladins statements "Sir I assure you, I am here to serve you and your companions will, Nothing more nothing less" noticing Claire tensing up he licks his lips excited for his "Job"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Might aswell get it all out in the open, then." Anja clears her throat.

"Does payment default to surviving members in the case of one or multiple deaths?"

"Is Tulgan - my dad - aware that he has a daughter, and that she is looking for him? Or is he clueless, and will I need some way to prove myself?"

"And lastly, if the other teams you sent in are alive, do you want them terminated, brought back or left alone?"

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"We are not going to go around 'terminating' people unless they force us to." Kay quickly interrupted. "If it's a matter of killing before you're killed or to keep evil from spreading I can understand but I will not allow murder for convenience."

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Vinerith's  eyebrows arch higher at the none-to-subtle threat. "Oh wow, your actually threatening me? Thats cute Kay, but you seem to forget rather quickly that I have eyes everywhere. The second he steps out of line I'll know it," she reaches between her breasts and pulls a chain necklace with a red gem out of her cleavage, "and thats because of this, this magical pendant is enchanted to allow me to see and hear everything around it." She hands it to Purgat. "Put this on please honey, and know that if you remove it before I say that I'll have to remove your head, okay dear?" She then smiles at Kay. "There, your concern is duly noted, and I feel we are being very accommadating."

"Now, to anwser your questions Anja, yes payment will be divided up among the remaining members of this group should one of you perish,  this is only fair because the remaining members will have to pull the deceased member's weight." She then reaches for the pitcher yet again and fills her cup. "As for your father; based on what I learned from him in the brief time I spent with him, he seems like the kind of man who lives for the present day, he bedded many of the whores at Sentlac's tavern, therefore I would think it very foolish indeed for him to assume noone has gotten pregnant by him at some point, and honestly, no he didn't mention that he knew of a daughter that was searching for him, his time actually talking to me was mostly business, however when Sentalc retrieved info for me, its worth noting that he seems to keeps a pregnant elven maiden on his mind when not busy with work or pleasure."

She swirls the wine in her cup before sipping on it. "So he may know of you, but how much is hard to say, as for the previous teams I sent in, dont worry about them. When you find them I'll have Purgat deal with them depending on they're condition when you find them. Though truth be told, it would probably be better if they were dead, its been a few weeks since the last group went in and the first group went in a little over a month ago. I cant imagine  that the deeper forest and the crypt was very kind to them. Now on the topic of payment, in addition to the gold once the Onyx Disc is safely in my manor I'll try and grant a request for each of you, so long as its reasonable in my eyes. Weither this be info, arms or armor,  of something else." She sets the cup down, "so, do we have a deal?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Yes, given this is the only lead I have on my father, it would be foolish of me not to make some coin in the process." Anja replies confidently, eyeing Vinerith stoically.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"I do not make threats, I make promises... but yes, milady has been most honorable and agreeable so those measures will suffice". Kay nodded. "Milady already has my word. We shall not fail." He did not try to hide the fact he was not very pleased by the way things were going but he would fulfill his promise regardless. He carefully inspected Claire's expression, trying to figure out if he should ask the girl to stay behind in the city while they venture the Black Forrest but concluded the girl wouldn't even listen to the suggestion. There was much he did not know about the girl and her state but her courage he would never doubt after the way she had confronted Purgat. "Baroness, I would also ask for a moment to discuss some affairs in private once these dealings are concluded. I will not take much of your precious time."

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Vinerith deadpan stares at Kay, "don't make promises you cant keep little paladin. And yes, we can discuss your private affairs, provided you can show you know how to control your own tongue." She then stands and gestures for Kay to fallow her  to a room off to the side. As she does so, she calls out in a foreign tongue summoning two Yuan-ti to guard the door as her and Kay walk in dissappearung from sight.

L

Lawleious

Now alone in the room with Claire,Anja and Jinni he wonders aloud "Sooooooo how are you all?" his smirk turning into a playful grin as he pulls up a chair and sits.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Jinni looks over. "Well I'm doing just fantastic after the last night, though I was hoping that when I heard rumors of your death that they were true. The world would be better with less brutes." He smirks. "Though with you on your leash I suppose I can put up with you...for now." 

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
As the doors closed behind them, the paladin spoke in a softer tone. "I apologize if I've been speaking out of turn, but I can honestly say that man brings out the worst in me. I just hope your good faith isn't misplaced." He sighed trying not to get derailed again. "But I digress. What I mean to ask about is Claire, while I will understand if milady denies me, I do hope you could answer me a couple questions about her... state." He knew it might be a touchy subject, speaking of one's child murderer but he needed to at least try. "I do not know how she was before her changes but it seems her 'features' aren't as simple as one would imagine. She seems to phase out at times and her behavior seems greatly affected by her needs. I need to know. Is she still the same person? Does she act with levity because of who she is or because of what she has been turned into?" His voice failed as he struggled to get his point across. "I can't help to think she can barely control herself."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"I'm doing quite well, though Claire's cloud of pheromones are seriously affecting my concentration. Looking forward to finally meeting my dad, hoping he's still alive by the time we get there. Can't say I'm looking forward to working with you, but if it means 5 pairs of hands instead of 4... I think I can tolerate you for a few days, at most." She replies after Jinni, avoiding eye-contact with Purgat, and instead oggling Jinni's butt.

L

Lawleious

Slightly offended by his fellow demon's remarks he plays it off as a joke "Ha funny" turning to Anja "Well I hope you meet your pops never met mine apparently he raped my mum

and don't worry you have nothing to fear about me working with you I take my job seriously no matter what personal conflict, Not that I have any with you of course" Last but not least his gaze averting to Claire keeping full eye-contact despite her breasts almost popping out of her clothing "Now... How about you?" Leaning on his arm, Rapping his finger on the table in contemplation.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
(Kay will be killed- I mean melted- I mean eaten- I mean dealt... yes dealt with via PM...)

(All except Kay)

Claire having relaxed somewhat, stares back at Purgat unblinking, "what about me?" Am I okay with you accompanying us? Not really, something about you makes my skin crawl, and I don't really know why. However, like anyone else i meet imma ignore that and try to get along with you." She then smirks at him and continues to stare the demon in the eyes. Then without breaking eye contact she says, "sorry about that Anja, side effects of my new body ya know..."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"It's not your fault." She replies, waiting for Kay to be done talking to the baroness. "Doesn't mean I won't help you alleviate your... condition, if you wish." She smirks, looking at Claire and her *ahem* assets.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
The paladin opens the heavy doors with a contemplative expression. There was some tension in the air but he did not seem to notice it. "Is everything set then? I'd like to depart as soon as we can."

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Still staring into Purgat's two burning eyes unblinkingly Claire anwsered with a smirk "yep ready when you all are." Standing up while maintaining the prolonged eye contact.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
"I agree, even if we have to go to a crypt. I mean why can't any treasure be found in a pleasure palace or a nice winery? I swear dead people had no imagination." He follows Anja by walking backwards "Oh and Vinerith if you see my mother tell her to take her wedding plans and shove them...shove them...see this is the problem with having a succubus for a mother! Can't tell her to shove anything anywhere since she's done it all. You know what tell her to use her wedding plans for masturbation, best I can do." He turns around in a huff and walks out side. 

L

Lawleious

"Well your truthful" Mimicking her actions  and walking past her waving a hand past his face and cutting off eye-contact,taking in a whiff of her scent "Charmed to work with you" Walking to the door "Lets go onwards then!" Giving a hearty laugh as he pushes aside the doors.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Claire watches in interest as Purgat walks by her, the smirk becoming a grin as Purgat forcibly breaks the eye contact, and then fallows the others out the door. "Likewise," she replied as she walked to the door, "but you broke the eye contact yourself, so I win that one." She said with a laugh. As they all headed out the door, Vinerith watched them leave and couldn't help but wonder if all of this some weird twist of fate. As the door closed behind them, she then chuckled to herself, never before had she believed in such trivial things, and now wasn't the time to start. "Bring me some tea!" She barks at a Kobold servant, whom scrambles away to serve his mistress. The baroness turns to look at a huge painting hanging on a wall.  Things were finally underway though, after all this time...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The goup of mismatched companions skirts the lake fallowing a road that leads out of town on the other side of the lake. The thin wall of fog that surrounds the town is  an enchantment that protects it from adverse weather and wards off other danger creatures that inhabit the swamp. As you all pass through head toward the afore mentioned fog wall, you all notice the road starts to look a little rougher (as far as swamp roads go). The 5 then pass through the wall of fog and into the deeper part of the swamp. The fog itself isn't so thick you vision is hampered, but the trees along the path appear as shadows before they become trees. Another noticable difference between the town the rest of the swamp is that during the day Black Hallows isn't nearly as humid as this (probably also due to the magic field surrounding the town).

3124159.jpg

(Listen check for all Purgat: ☆20, Anja 18, Kay 19, Jinni 9, Claire 8. side note a star next to a 20 represents a natural 20 on a die roll, or critical)

Claire and Jinni keep moving as Purgat stops after a few yards into The Decayed Forest (though with a roll like that he would have noticed before passing through the fog wall), shortly after that Kay and Anja both notice it too and it makes them stop too. The ambient sounds of the swamp have faded, no distant bird songs, or the sound of cicadas buzzing, or frogs croaking, in fact the only audible noise is the nearby footsteps of Claire and Jinni...

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"It's quiet... too quiet." Anja thinks to herself, signaling for Claire and Jinni to stop, so she can better listen for anything.

L

Lawleious

"Hold up" Scanning the tree-line for any threats "... This ain't right." Ready to summon on his armor.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Jinni looks back. "I think that you two are over reacting." He rolls his eyes but stops anyway.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"I've lived my whole life in the woods. Believe me... silence is bad." The paladin took shield in one arm as he rested his sword hand in the hilt of his weapon.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Claire's smile shrinks a bit as she stops with Jinni, "well it is called The Decayed Forest. Honestly, I didn't expect it to be pleasent." As Purgat looks at the treeline (Spot check: 14) he sees at a distance, a small bird high in the sky, flying in the partys direction from the south, but it turns wide a moment later and flies east disappearing behind the treeline. "Still, a little preparedness never hurt anyone." Claire says, taking the cover off of her glaives blade. Besides the bits of conversation the swamp is deathly quiet, and a little ways off a branch breaks off of a nearby tree with a small snap that due to the lack of noise sounds like a loud crack and lands int the water with a loud plop.

Last edited by a moderator: