Question about Myrellian Finale

Morrigan

Mar 7, 2016
A while back, there was a huge debate about whether or not players should have the option of creating at least a semi-lasting peace between the gold and red myr factions.  As I recall, the biggest hindrance to that was the fact that Fenoxo hated the reds and loved the golds, while another dev (I forget exactly who) had the opposite stance.  Was that ever resolved one way or another?  And if so, is there a guide anywhere about how to get one outcome or another?

Also, I had a locked option for peacefully negotiating with Taivra.  Who did I have to meet in order to unlock it?

EDIT: NM on the last bit-found a pointer elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Savin is very pro-red and anti-gold.  Fen is very pro-gold and anti-red, for a definition of pro-gold that probably sees them being the fucktoys of his favorite racoons as a good outcome.  I'm not especially pro-gold, and don't really care what happens to them, but I'm harshly anti-red.  So on and so forth.  No two writers appear to feel exactly the same about the myr as one another.

That said, sure, it's possible there will be an option for Steele to do that.  As of this time, however, nobody's really working on a resolution of any kind for the myr.  Fen's been busy with Emmy for the past month or so, Savin's been tied up among all sorts of projects, and all of us writers are busy with either Uveto content or our own personal projects.  I've spent most of the time since Uveto's doc was put up working on building Steele Tech's presence there, for instance.  Moving the myr story forward's not anybody's priority that I know of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrigan

Mar 7, 2016
So in other words, the field is open for play to anyone who wants to try their hand at writing a peaceful resolution?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Maybe.  Fen may want to do it personally, though, since it would be a massive story event, on top of which we don't have any writers that I know of who really want to do it ourselves.

Basically don't hold your breath.  Ant planet may be in limbo for a long time to come.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
So in other words, the field is open for play to anyone who wants to try their hand at writing a peaceful resolution?

I really wouldn't bother. Fen and Savin aren't going to let some randomer write something as significant as that. Start small, if you've got an interest in writing for TiTS.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

No.

Some kind of war resolution path will come eventually, but it's not a super-high priority ATM.

Consciousone

Sep 4, 2015
I am assuming that, since the lead writers can't agree on a one true path, so to say, the option to write in more than one path and letting Steele choose for himself has been considered?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Yes.  Note that this pushes it back even further because each branch is like a whole new project.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I am assuming that, since the lead writers can't agree on a one true path, so to say, the option to write in more than one path and letting Steele choose for himself has been considered?

There was never going to be "one true path" -- the idea was always to have Red, Gold, and Neutral paths. A neutral path will likely come first.

Morrigan

Mar 7, 2016
Maybe.  Fen may want to do it personally, though, since it would be a massive story event, on top of which we don't have any writers that I know of who really want to do it ourselves.

Basically don't hold your breath.  Ant planet may be in limbo for a long time to come.

See, this is why I want to start writing up a resolution.  I've got no problems with quality control from the creators, the quality of the game itself, or the general pace at which they work, but since everyone says either IDK or far in the future holy shitballs I want to do something constructive to speed the process up.

Even if you folks won't even look at/consider anything beyond a really rough outline and a few sentences of brainstorming concerning individual character changes and maybe a few scene outlines.  I think something like that wouldn't take up more than 30 seconds->1 minute of a reviewer's time.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
I'm going to need some examples for "simple scenes".  If I'm writing for someone else's approval, I need some parameters to work with.

Talk scenes, bad ends, maybe even sex scenes though that's might be a little bit more advanced.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
 And if so, is there a guide anywhere about how to get one outcome or another?

When it does eventually get written, there likely will be a guide, but I can tell you that from what I've heard there's a bit of a dice roll in terms of the outcome. Apparently the devs have the idea that Cap'n Steel won't be able to fully decide the outcome, just influence it slightly, and you might end up with the opposite of what you want simply because it's a little random. I expect much save scumming to ensue, since while the idea makes sense, most people will still want what they want.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I'm going to need some examples for "simple scenes".  If I'm writing for someone else's approval, I need some parameters to work with.

See my signature for a giant list of documents you can peruse, but the general gist would be "go to Syri/[Your Waifu Here] and click a sex scene, use that as a guide to write something original like it."

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Force everyone to watch War Games until everyone is convinced that the only winning move is not to play.

Morrigan

Mar 7, 2016
See my signature for a giant list of documents you can peruse, but the general gist would be "go to Syri/[Your Waifu Here] and click a sex scene, use that as a guide to write something original like it."

Thanks.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'll be honest that I kinda hate both the ant factions as a whole. Bolstering the Nyrea with fancy space tech and letting our lovely wife conquer both sides is honestly my prefered outcome.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I'll be honest that I kinda hate both the ant factions as a whole. Bolstering the Nyrea with fancy space tech and letting our lovely wife conquer both sides is honestly my prefered outcome.

Rooting for the underdog, are you?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Rooting for the underdog, are you?

I suppose so. I just find the Nyrea far more likable. Plus it'll make up for not having a ring.

Also if the Nyrea rule the planet, it means I rule the planet, which means my corporation gets mining rights without any sort of trouble.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Also if the Nyrea rule the planet, it means I rule the planet, which means my corporation gets mining rights without any sort of trouble.

Heh I imagine scenarion when PC actively push for Nyrea take over over whole planet as rulers with Tavira as been that one of Nyrea queens that will be the ruler :p Well we just explore small part of planet so it normal to assume other regions got their own Nyrea colonies ruled by other queens. And well why Tavira? Her colony is lorewise like right under nose of place where outworlder landed so taking into account their would probably 'slight' intervene into this takeover why not give main right to rule to nyrea queen of nearest colony?

And then scene when PC after all coronation of Tavira and etc. come visit her and show 'gratitude' for queen of making her 'king' owner of the whole planet as well. Prefferable that scene should be with many others around to know who really is planet KING ^^ (prefferable some represants of few galaxy corporations that came to see queen to talk about right to 'harvest' various resources from the planet and then having this moment of OMPH this Steele heir is the real owner here after all *evil grin*)

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
That's impossible.  Nyrean domination that is.  The Federation would crush them.  They already have Nyrea deeply integrated so mostly no one will care.  Some spaces like you have more than likely taken enough off planet ofr a viable population. 

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
That's impossible.  Nyrean domination that is.  The Federation would crush them.  They already have Nyrea deeply integrated so mostly no one will care.  Some spaces like you have more than likely taken enough off planet ofr a viable population. 

That's what they want you to think.

Morrigan

Mar 7, 2016

Steele Tech is one of if not the biggest corporations in the galaxy.  Once you prove your worth to the company by getting the various secondary options throughout the game, you could easily and completely logically set up a combination of buying out shares on the planet and a couple of covert sabotage missions to get a lock on Myrellia, and go from there.

The only hindrance is whether or not it will fit into the three stated paths that Fen, Savin, and co. are currently planning.  If so, it would have to be written in from the ground up to be an integral part of whatever path includes it.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Steele Tech is one of if not the biggest corporations in the galaxy.  Once you prove your worth to the company by getting the various secondary options throughout the game, you could easily and completely logically set up a combination of buying out shares on the planet and a couple of covert sabotage missions to get a lock on Myrellia, and go from there.

The only hindrance is whether or not it will fit into the three stated paths that Fen, Savin, and co. are currently planning.  If so, it would have to be written in from the ground up to be an integral part of whatever path includes it.

Steele Tech according to the Lore Bible is not that big, when compared to the biggest megacorps. It's specifically stated to be intentionally smaller than the others, because Victor wanted to avoid as many court fights as possible. (at least that's how I remember reading it)

Morrigan

Mar 7, 2016
Steele Tech according to the Lore Bible is not that big, when compared to the biggest megacorps. It's specifically stated to be intentionally smaller than the others, because Victor wanted to avoid as many court fights as possible. (at least that's how I remember reading it)

I must have misremembered that part then.  However, the fact that its size is a deliberate choice means that its overall competence/power-per-pound (you get the idea) is both top-quality and capable of being very highly focused. 

The concept of a Steele lock on Myrellia is still just as feasible.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Your desire to write for Myrellion might want to start with remembering the planet's actual name.

Myrellion is Xenogen's show.  The gold myr only still exist as a species thanks to them.  If any megacorp comes out on top of the planet in the end, it's going to be them.  You don't own Steele Tech yet, and even if you did, you'd be making a huge investment of its limited power with not much chance of success, while pissing off the most dangerous megacorp in the galaxy.

Morrigan

Mar 7, 2016
Your desire to write for Myrellion might want to start with remembering the planet's actual name.

Myrellion is Xenogen's show.  The gold myr only still exist as a species thanks to them.  If any megacorp comes out on top of the planet in the end, it's going to be them.  You don't own Steele Tech yet, and even if you did, you'd be making a huge investment of its limited power with not much chance of success, while pissing off the most dangerous megacorp in the galaxy.

I'm well aware of the fact that it's spelled "Myrellion".  For reasons I haven't quite figured out, I have a hard time spelling it that way.  Call it a mental tic on my part.  ("We'll K-word them!")

And thanks for the clarification.