Dominance & Submission: A Player's Guide

Quiet Browser

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
So, we all know that the player character in FoE has a lot of variability to them. And one of the more modular aspects is the dominance/submission meter; the higher your score, the dommier you are, and the reverse is true as well. This meter measures things like how much you enjoy being in charge vs. how much you enjoy your partner being in control, how willingly you submit, how tempted you are by offers of submission, etc. Thing is, although this meter is very flexible, it's not very clear what actually makes it rise and fall.

So, what I'd like to achieve with this topic is to make a list of all the interactions in the game that cause your dom/sub meter to rise or lower itself. This'll help players who want to adjust their character's personality more readily, for those who find themselves unintentionally making themselves subbier - or dommier - than they intended.

Also, feel free to include interactions that affect the dom/sub meter for NPCs as well. Miranda in particular has a lot of variability in her scenes depending on how her dom/sub compares to the PC's dom/sub, so it'd be handy to have instructions on how to make her submit or bring back her dommier streak.

OmegaCX

Sep 13, 2015
You can increase your sub/dom and Kia/kai's depending on how you catch anal. Increase your sub when you interact with Lagon before you do the burrows quest and increase your dom after you defeat him. This is just from me looking around in my save for like 5 minutes.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
The times that I've put on debug mode, I realize that your son  increases with almost any sexual actions with all cat type enemies. (excluding the catboy in the hills.) Some actions increase more than others.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Submission raising:

Felines, Comply option for win vaginal with herm and LayBack option for lose vaginal.
Lizards, lose to female.
Lots of submission can be gained in Fireblossom brothel room (6 places with ).
Sex with Lagon while he is in charge, especially if chosen as quest reward.
Gwendy challenge loss scene.
Catch anal with Kiai, Beg option.
Miranda, OFC. SHe is all about this, if you'll let her take charge.
Estevan, catch being male.
And few one-time events which are not making difference.

Dominance raising:

Felines, most victory options.
Catboy vaginal (strangely enough, petting and petplay has no effect).
Naga, hypnotize her.
Fireblossom brothel room also offers few opportunities to attempt to take charge, but they are not ending well.
Roa sex.
Interactions with defeated Lagon.
Gwendy, if you are in charge.
Catch anal with Kiai, Take Charge option.
Miranda again, if you are taking charge.
Kale, getting BJ from him (both trick and usual).
Estevan, pitch being male.

Tala

Dec 15, 2015
keep in mind Kiai also has their own sub/dom variable too, so don't conflate the two.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
I wish there was a way to toggle the stat gain display separately from the rest of the features of debug mode. I really like being able to see when I gain or lose dominance or my stats change but i don't want to have hyper inflated health/ combat abilities and whatnot .

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I wish there was a way to toggle the stat gain display separately from the rest of the features of debug mode. I really like being able to see when I gain or lose dominance or my stats change but i don't want to have hyper inflated health/ combat abilities and whatnot .

+1. Maybe not even direct numbers, just notification.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015

Would that include relationship value numbers?

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
That would be nice too. Perhaps it might be best to approach it from the other end and have it be a toggle that turns off the combat stat Godmode / keeps item pricing and gold transactions normal.

Quiet Browser

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Submission raising:

Felines, Comply option for win vaginal with herm and LayBack option for lose vaginal.
Lizards, lose to female.
Lots of submission can be gained in Fireblossom brothel room (6 places with ).
Sex with Lagon while he is in charge, especially if chosen as quest reward.
Gwendy challenge loss scene.
Catch anal with Kiai, Beg option.
Miranda, OFC. SHe is all about this, if you'll let her take charge.
Estevan, catch being male.
And few one-time events which are not making difference.

Dominance raising:

Felines, most victory options.
Catboy vaginal (strangely enough, petting and petplay has no effect).
Naga, hypnotize her.
Fireblossom brothel room also offers few opportunities to attempt to take charge, but they are not ending well.
Roa sex.
Interactions with defeated Lagon.
Gwendy, if you are in charge.
Catch anal with Kiai, Take Charge option.
Miranda again, if you are taking charge.
Kale, getting BJ from him (both trick and usual).
Estevan, pitch being male.

Thanks for the post, Etis. I actually took a look at this and decided I'd use debug to try and track down the precise amounts these modify stuff by. Limited by my options, of course, since my PC, for example, has nice-mode Miranda, Kia instead of Kai (so I can't give her a dick) and overthrew Lagon. Plus my PC's sex level may play a part in the results, I'm not sure.

Hmm... I messed around a bit, but none of the random enemy encounters seemed to give me any sub modifiers, even when I used the Submit option. These are the only point moifications I found. Maybe it's just that Alder didn't write the scenes for, say, Gwendy's dominant sex to display the amounts your dom/sub meters change by.

Miranda, Nice Mode
Backroom Sex:
* Blow Her
- Take It: +1 Miranda.dom (towards 50), -1 PC.dom (towards -60)
- 69: -1 Miranda.dom (towards -25)
- Footjob: -2 Miranda.dom (towards -75), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
* Take Her: -2 Miranda.dom (towards -75), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
Home Sex :
* Take Charge
- Fuck Vag: -1 Miranda.dom (towards -50), further modified by sub-branches
-- Inside: -3 Miranda.dom (towards -75), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
-- Outside: -3 Miranda.dom (towards -75), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
-- Ass: -3 Miranda.dom (towards -75), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
- Fuck Anal: 
--- Boobs: -3 Miranda.dom (towards -75), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
--- Cunt: -3 Miranda.dom (towards -75), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
--- Cock: -3 Miranda.dom (towards -75), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
- Ride Vag: 
-- Take Oral: -1 Miranda.dom (towards -50), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
--- Knot: -1 Miranda.dom (towards -50), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
--- No Knot: -1 Miranda.dom (towards -50), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
-- Fuck: Depends on branch chosen
--- Knot: -1 Miranda.dom (towards -50), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
--- No Knot: -1 Miranda.dom (towards -50), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
-- Submit: +2 Miranda.dom (towards 75), -1 PC.dom ((towards -75)
- Ride Anal: 
-- Get Lube: 
--- Take Knot: -3 Miranda.dom (towards -75), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
--- Skip Knot: -3 Miranda.dom (towards -75), +1 PC.dom (towards 75)
-- Pre-lube: 
-- Blow-lube: 
-- Cunt-lube: 
* Passive
- Take Anal: +3 Miranda.dom (towards 75), -1 PC.dom (towards -75), further modified by sub-branches
-- Toys: +2 Miranda.rel
-- Blowjob: +1 PC.dom (towards 75), -1 Miranda.rel (unless PC sex level is high, apparently? Then no change)
-- Reversal: -1 Miranda.dom (towards -75), +2 Miranda.rel
- Dommy Ride: No modifier to either dom meter

Wildcats
* Victory Fuck (Female, Herm): +1 PC.dom
* Loss: Ridden by Female/Herm - Layback: -1 PC.dom

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
That would be nice too. Perhaps it might be best to approach it from the other end and have it be a toggle that turns off the combat stat Godmode / keeps item pricing and gold transactions normal.

seconded 

I pop into debug mode sometimes just to check how my relationships are going (or whether I can stop tickling Cverta's feathers )

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Thanks for the post, Etis. I actually took a look at this and decided I'd use debug to try and track down the precise amounts these modify stuff by. Limited by my options, of course, since my PC, for example, has nice-mode Miranda, Kia instead of Kai (so I can't give her a dick) and overthrew Lagon. Plus my PC's sex level may play a part in the results, I'm not sure.

You should use source search for such things. Look for

player.subDom.DecreaseStat
player.subDom.IncreaseStat

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015

You can if you have debug mode on.  It's one of the options in the nomad tent.