Helia - CoC

Lyric

Nov 1, 2015
Hiya gents and gals!

Anyone know how to proc the Helia Phoenix quest? I'm stuck at fuckbuddy status 70.

I've had foursomes and threesomes a TON of times with her in bar. I've had sexual encounters with her around 30+ times so far in Plains, and even had her sneak into my camp one night to have fun with me and Isabella. 

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance

Oh and PS. The intercourse scene with her future daughter isn't coded yet either I reckon? Can't imagine it's because of any morale reasons considering what you do to Phylla and her offspring, hehe

Lyric

Nov 1, 2015
Hiya Savin.

I'll try. Been weeks now, but I havent yet tried just staying at camp and not doing nothing but wait and sleep (as in not exploring or going any where), so I'll try that.

Thank you for the advice :)

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
Try grabbing the save editor (http://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/57-coced-a-save-editor/) and opening up your save. Go to the Raw Data Tab where there'll be a search box to look up the flags.

HEL_AFFECTION_FOLLOWER needs to be greater than or equal to 70

HEL_REDUCED_ENCOUNTER_RATE needs to equal 0

HEL_FOLLOWER_LEVEL needs to equal 0

If any of these numbers don't match, the helia encounter won't start.

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
If Helia comes to your camp and asks for your help, don't reject her favour. It'll set her affection to 0% and lock you out of Phoenix Tower. (Including the goo armor and Helspawn)

Normally, she should come if you sleep in your camp. Only the scene of pregnant Urta giving birth has priority over heliaDiscovery() scene given the right conditions. If you have her affection at 70% and she doesn't come to your camp even after you've slept in camp, you've probably goofed up.

I've analyzed the source code and pieced together the details on HEL_FOLLOWER_LEVEL.

• -1 = Disabled because you've rejected Helia's offer. You dun goofed.
  • 0 = Helia isn't in your camp. This is the initial state.
  • 1 = Helia is moved temporarily into your camp so you can start the quest. The flag HEL_HARPY_QUEEN_DEFEATED overrules this state when that flag is set to 1.
  • 2 = Helia is moved permanently into your camp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyric

Nov 1, 2015
Awww..Ok. I had no idea there was so much more to this game.. pictures, editors and what not. I just always played directly from the browser and been enjoying it immensely.

First of all thank you SO much for your quick replies an willingness to help.

It looks like I fudged up then :(

Going into the editor:

HEL_AFFECTION_FOLLOWER = 70

HEL_REDUCED_ENCOUNTER_RATE = 1

HEL_FOLLOWER_LEVEL (there is nothing written there at all.. no 1's or 0's)

Is it changeable by any chance?

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Unfortunately, when HEL_REDUCED_ENCOUNTER_RATE flag is set to 1, you've goofed up. That locks you out of Phoenix Tower.

You can save-edit to change that flag to 0 and retry.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
HEL_FOLLOWER_LEVEL (there is nothing written there at all.. no 1's or 0's)

Is it changeable by any chance?

An empty field is effectively the same as 0.

Lyric

Nov 1, 2015
Yay! It worked! Guys..and gals. I could kiss you all! But that would be weird.. since you don't know me and all. 

OK! First problem solved.. Oh geesh. Any live chat help by any chance?

Second problem. 

Using Chrome on win 7. So far I've just played the game in browser and saves are in the fenoxo.com folder on my drive. 

Downloaded Kitts most awesome mod to the same folder (just to make it easier). I open Kitts mod, which looks real nice btw. But when I try to load any of my saved files from the mod, it tells me:

! Unhandled Exception

Failed to load save. The file may be corrupt!

It doesn't matter which one of the .sol saves I try and open and gives me the same answer in I.E

Any ideas?

I mean the Mod is itself the whole game, right? I dont need to have downloaded anything else to my drive I reckon?

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Saved files in the mod cannot be used with the original. I've put up a warning if you try to load from original to inform you that the save file is not backwards compatible.

Here's what you'll get if you try to import your save from the original as of version 1.3+

ModImportWarning_zpsqju8nwba.png

The mod is entirely standalone so yes.

The original CoC received some code changes but a new build hasn't been compiled yet. I'd suggest you post on the revamp mod thread if you have problems with the save. Or PM me with the save file so I can check what's wrong.