Naleen Expansion (Interest check/brainstorming)

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
Hi everyone, I've been lurking around the game since CoC times, and I've finally decided to do something about my urge to contribute to this community. As the title says, what I would  be interested in doing would be a Naleen expansion. Just wanted to get some feedback from the community on what kind of new scenes and interactions they would like to see.

I don't actually have experience with smut writing though (some experience with fantasy writing and dungeon/quest design in RPGmaker), so this isn't a project that will be fantastic quality (or a fast project either), but I hope that with feedback and practice I'll be able to get something done that everyone will enjoy. I'm currently interested in working on the long awaited Naleen mating ball PC scene that everyone seems to want, but if anyone has smaller scale or more manageable scenes/interactions to suggest I wouldn't mind tackling that either.

Edit: Came to my attention that I forgot to edit the original post to say that I'm currently working on an encounter where the PC meets a male Naleen fucking a female Zil, not the Naleen mating ball. Oops. Apologies if anyone went into the doc and got disappointed.

Edit2: I accidentally ended up turning the encounter into 2 choices of female Zil only, and 1 choice of Naleen, my bad. I'm intending to finish it, so apologies for the delay on Naleen action.

Currently nearly 2k words! (Though a decent chunk of it is pending rewrites). Intro is fleshed out but needs more details, first scene is nearly done. Come take a look!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nLbFza196gWJFmdiRJaHCaV_Rgp1cAe_z7y_hBTnmLE/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
This should be in the idea forums.

More sex scenes for male naleen would be cool.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
Ah oops. Is there a way to shift the topic to the idea forum? By mod intervention or otherwise?

My thoughts for the male Naleen currently are some non-combat encounters like the nighttime encounter we have with the female Naleen, just that for the male Naleen you come across him capturing another creature (Zil, vanae, etc), and can interrupt, join in, etc.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Feel free to make a submission, friend. Smut-writing is... difficult, but it also depends on the "quality" you're going for. Let's flip to CoC; it had relatively smaller scenes, which you could clock out without much difficulty. TiTs on the flipside has rather lengthy ones, where the struggle of describing "I insert Tab A into Slot B and it feels hella good" in a thousand or two words takes its toll. 

Short of some business exchange, pretty much any other fictional writing is easier then smut writing. But you don't actually have to do to terribly much and you can get into a groove for it. I recommend glancing at various scenes already written for inspiration.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
MOAR stuff specific for naleen PC is what I'd be interested in the most. If you want to narrow down the scope, it may be specific scenes for naleen PC interacting with M'henga's inhabitants.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
Savin actually wants to do more with her, it's just that he's busy with other things in TiTs. If I remember that correctly.

This is part of my concerns, that trying to add on content to someone else's stuff could clash with stuff they might eventually do. Though if nothing else, it'll be good practice and if they like it then all the better.

Thanks for everyone's feedback so far! I think that I'll shift my first project to working on the encounter idea I previously mentioned, finding the male Naleen with another creature (First attempt will be Zil), due to surprising demand from the community. It'll also be a much smaller project in terms of scale, at least for the scene, so that should make writing it easier? Currently fleshing out the skeleton of the encounter, hope to have something presentable within the next few days.

MOAR stuff specific for naleen PC is what I'd be interested in the most. If you want to narrow down the scope, it may be specific scenes for naleen PC interacting with M'henga's inhabitants.

Edit: Forgot to mention, one scene that I really really want to do with this encounter will be a double coil-around quadruple penetration for PCs with Naleen bodies and double penii, so look forward to that =p

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Since we're talking about naleen x-packs ideas and all, I would like to see the male naleen do something similar when you beat the female enough times.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
I am pleased to announce that I managed to get the first part of the encounter fleshed out, though it definitely still has room for improvement as well as a portion still under consideration for phrasing and immersion.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nLbFza196gWJFmdiRJaHCaV_Rgp1cAe_z7y_hBTnmLE/edit?usp=sharing

It's only about 300 words so far, and I'm not satisfied with the level of detail currently, but it's something for people to take a look at to see if there's any issues or change in theme before I go to deep into it. Can expect more work done on it over the next few days.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Since we're talking about naleen x-packs ideas and all, I would like to see the male naleen do something similar when you beat the female enough times.

Right now male naleen encounter features a random catboy every time. We'd have to write and implement content for a new NPC, preferably giving female naleen encounter its own random version.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Right now male naleen encounter features a random catboy every time. We'd have to write and implement content for a new NPC, preferably giving female naleen encounter its own random version.

Actually the Male Naleen encounter seems to be the same exact one every time, cause he always says,"Hello again, Prey" before combat.

Yet for some reason, the Female Naleen seems to be the random one I think. She never seems adress you in a way that says she's the same one every time, except the night encounter and even after that it seems to be implied that she's not the same Female.

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
Be that as it may, the female baleen is always the same naleen you encounter. Changing that would break mah immersion.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
Seems to me that the both the male and female Naleen that you encounter are both the same, which fits the theme of them being apex predators with a set territory, but the female Naleen has a resetting flag on the "encountered?" check, which gives you the re-introductory encounter every now and then. Can't confirm without any official word on it, but I would definitely go for them being the same in my scenes and encounters. Just pointing out that the apex predator with a set territory thing would be immersive with the Steph Irson scene, she encounters your female Naleen because she's wandering around in the territory outside of the outpost.

I'm interested as well in building this theme in the future, my current take on it is that the female and male Naleen share the same territory, but they're not a pair? due to the polygamous relationship of Naleen (mating ball and all). They have differing personalities as well, so they don't get along too well. She's more relaxed and free loving, he's much more competitive, which is why the female Naleen basically "likes" you, while the male Naleen scowls at you whenever he meets you. But that's for much future things, gotta get my first encounter out first before anything else.

Edit: Currently writing the first PC scene of the encounter (where you chase the Naleen off and poke the Zil he was enjoying), wanted to ask for opinions: I'm thinking of having the male Naleen coming back and surprise-revenge fucking you as you're busy with the Zil. Would this be uncomfortable(?) for some players for reasons such as "Not wanting to bone male Naleen", "Don't want to get raeped", etc. Conversely, would this not be a good idea because you would rather focus on the theme of getting to enjoy a limp, venom-paralyzed Zil who you "rescued" or "claimed" from someone else?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
This is Savin territory. Good luck.

I may or may not ever get around to expanding Fem Catsnek, but fuck knows what that expansion might look like. I'm totally fine with more individual sex scenes being written for her in the meantime.

Seems to me that the both the male and female Naleen that you encounter are both the same, which fits the theme of them being apex predators with a set territory, but the female Naleen has a resetting flag on the "encountered?" check, which gives you the re-introductory encounter every now and then. Can't confirm without any official word on it, but I would definitely go for them being the same in my scenes and encounters. Just pointing out that the apex predator with a set territory thing would be immersive with the Steph Irson scene, she encounters your female Naleen because she's wandering around in the territory outside of the outpost.

I'm interested as well in building this theme in the future, my current take on it is that the female and male Naleen share the same territory, but they're not a pair? due to the polygamous relationship of Naleen (mating ball and all). They have differing personalities as well, so they don't get along too well. She's more relaxed and free loving, he's much more competitive, which is why the female Naleen basically "likes" you, while the male Naleen scowls at you whenever he meets you. But that's for much future things, gotta get my first encounter out first before anything else.

Edit: Currently writing the first PC scene of the encounter (where you chase the Naleen off and poke the Zil he was enjoying), wanted to ask for opinions: I'm thinking of having the male Naleen coming back and surprise-revenge fucking you as you're busy with the Zil. Would this be uncomfortable(?) for some players for reasons such as "Not wanting to bone male Naleen", "Don't want to get raeped", etc. Conversely, would this not be a good idea because you would rather focus on the theme of getting to enjoy a limp, venom-paralyzed Zil who you "rescued" or "claimed" from someone else?

Fem Naleen is definitely the same chick over and over. Male Naleen I don't *think* was intended to be the same dude over and over, but it'd make sense if it was. Can't remember for sure either way.

If it's a male zil in the scene you're suggesting, having the male naleen reappear should be fine. It'd be best if the PC has some way to evade/escape an ass-fucking (maybe be abandoning the zil again), or something more subtle perhaps. Saying you hear rustling in the brush, and maybe you should finish yourself off quick and leave while you can. If the PC doesn't, bam, cocks in the pooper.

Eva

Sep 14, 2015
I am approximately 1000% in favor of this sort of thing. TiTs could use more scenes where planets are shown to have life going on even when you're not around.

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015

Definitely love the idea of having the male come back and basically making you his bitch since you took away his toy. I think it helps reinforce the whole apex predator/stronger than Steele idea.

Giving the PC the option to avoid it is a good idea too. Maybe make it stat based? Like some players might not be observant enough to notice the Naleen coming back for you or they don't have strong enough willpower to pull themselves away from the Zil.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
So for the foreseeable future this will be about more male Nasleen scenes?

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Definitely love the idea of having the male come back and basically making you his bitch since you took away his toy. I think it helps reinforce the whole apex predator/stronger than Steele idea.

Giving the PC the option to avoid it is a good idea too. Maybe make it stat based? Like some players might not be observant enough to notice the Naleen coming back for you or they don't have strong enough willpower to pull themselves away from the Zil.

Another option/variation would be that the PC does notice him but can still allow him to bang you while you're banging the Zil girl.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
I may or may not ever get around to expanding Fem Catsnek, but fuck knows what that expansion might look like. I'm totally fine with more individual sex scenes being written for her in the meantime.

Fem Naleen is definitely the same chick over and over. Male Naleen I don't *think* was intended to be the same dude over and over, but it'd make sense if it was. Can't remember for sure either way.

If it's a male zil in the scene you're suggesting, having the male naleen reappear should be fine. It'd be best if the PC has some way to evade/escape an ass-fucking (maybe be abandoning the zil again), or something more subtle perhaps. Saying you hear rustling in the brush, and maybe you should finish yourself off quick and leave while you can. If the PC doesn't, bam, cocks in the pooper.
Oh wow Savin appeared. Thanks for clarifying whether the Naleens are the same, and for the advice on the male Naleen coming back bit. So the rule of thumb is just "If you want to sex a dude, you should be fine with getting sexed by a dude? The Zil in the scene I'm writing currently is female, but I'm hoping to be able to expand to basically feature unique scenes with the male Naleen "eating" all the species. Apex predator and all, would seem fitting that everything in that place is his bitch. On the other hand, if I finish this project and get started on the female Naleen, I would want to do more non-combat encounters with her.

Another option/variation would be that the PC does notice him but can still allow him to bang you while you're banging the Zil girl.

I'm actually currently stuck on what kind of action you would do to scare (and keep) the Naleen away, you could just frighten him off with a gunshot? But there's nothing stopping him from just coming back when you get busy. Attacking him (starting a combat with both of you with really high lust) could feasibly work, and could open up the option of allowing him to bang you while you bang the Zil as options, but something about the idea of that bugs me. (inb4 Zil pun)

ryuneke

Aug 31, 2015
I'm actually currently stuck on what kind of action you would do to scare (and keep) the Naleen away, you could just frighten him off with a gunshot? But there's nothing stopping him from just coming back when you get busy. Attacking him (starting a combat with both of you with really high lust) could feasibly work, and could open up the option of allowing him to bang you while you bang the Zil as options, but something about the idea of that bugs me. (inb4 Zil pun)
A suggestion for this would be imitate a Pitcher.  Since pitchers can't move but have tentacles, they could potentially drag prey in that way if they're close enough.  PC could grab some vines and use them to try to hook onto the naleen.  Naleen hunt zil, vanae, and the frog-girls, but maybe not pitchers so much since them don't move.  He could freak out and throw the zil as a sacrifice.  That would drive him off and keep him away.  <hypothesizing>

Could also make up glowing catnip.  It may not drive him off but make him trip for awhile.  Not sure if naleen are like snakes and have transparent eyelids.  Maybe skip the glowing bit.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
A suggestion for this would be imitate a Pitcher.  Since pitchers can't move but have tentacles, they could potentially drag prey in that way if they're close enough.  PC could grab some vines and use them to try to hook onto the naleen.  Naleen hunt zil, vanae, and the frog-girls, but maybe not pitchers so much since them don't move.  He could freak out and throw the zil as a sacrifice.  That would drive him off and keep him away.  <hypothesizing>

Could also make up glowing catnip.  It may not drive him off but make him trip for awhile.  Not sure if naleen are like snakes and have transparent eyelids.  Maybe skip the glowing bit.

Seems too complicated and gimmicky. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm currently going with a combat option with 2 choices. You can choose to either "rescue" the Zil for a gentle scene later, or to "steal" the Zil for a rough scene.

Ravioli

Aug 26, 2015
Throw cold water on him. He is both a cat AND a snake. Double the water hate!

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Putting "mating ball" into Wikipedia throws this species up as the first result (after a type of butterfly, go figure). I'd be slightly doubtful about how much naleen dislike water.

Ravioli

Aug 26, 2015
Putting "mating ball" into Wikipedia throws this species up as the first result (after a type of butterfly, go figure). I'd be slightly doubtful about how much naleen dislike water.

Half of him will love the water, the other half will hate it. He will be so conflicted he will start questioning if he is sexually attracted to water. He will run away to his den to study this issue in private. 

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
Half of him will love the water, the other half will hate it. He will be so conflicted he will start questioning if he is sexually attracted to water. He will run away to his den to study this issue in private. 

Cold water is not happening. How are you even going to find a large amount of cold water in a tropical forest? I've decided to go with a combat option anyway.

One thing that I need to ask though, what's the view on "morality" in TiTs? In CoC it was a pretty straightforward thing, with the visible corruption stat. But in TiTs there's the hidden "personality" stat which seems to be more of "selfishness" than anything. Should "morality" be built into encounters then?

For example, in my current encounter, you can choose to rescue the Zil from the Naleen, which would by itself be a "moral" action, and I found myself writing about how you persevere on because basically you have a higher standard than the native species about "doing the right thing".

It seems that it would be something that would be locked behind a "personality" check, and I do know that some scenes in the game are locked behind a "personality" check, but that kind of means that the contrasting option of "chasing off the Naleen and taking the Zil yourself" would have to be given to the hard "personality"?

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015
Don't forget the mischevious personality. Maybe that PC isn't really interested in the Zil but chases the Naleen off for shits and giggles?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
One thing that I need to ask though, what's the view on "morality" in TiTs?

Yes, personality and morality do kind of go hand-in-hand though it really depends how much agency you want to give Steele in the situations you are writing. While some events are gated behind a personality check, it is not necessarily required. If you think that kind of content should fit a certain type of personality, you can route specific paths to specific personalities. Conversely, you can make the event itself effect the personality. So depending on which path the player chooses will end up altering Steele's personality afterwards. In either case, it really depends on the event and your intentions for that event.

For the example you provided, I would suggest making it a selectable choice, then make alternate blurbs for the major personality types for variance--So Steele responds based on the current personality, and finally a personality change (small change depending on if its a repeatable event). If you do go for a personality change, you can always define what the personality change towards--like +5 towards Nice, +5 towards Hard, or +5 towards Mischievous, etc.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
For the example you provided, I would suggest making it a selectable choice, then make alternate blurbs for the major personality types for variance--So Steele responds based on the current personality, and finally a personality change (small change depending on if its a repeatable event). If you do go for a personality change, you can always define what the personality change towards--like +5 towards Nice, +5 towards Hard, or +5 towards Mischievous, etc.

That seems like a repeating cycle though: PC has to do nice things before of personality gate, gets bonus to nice personality.

Your mention of non-repeatable events does give me an idea though. The way I ended up writing the current scene for "nice", it would be extremely weird for it to be a repeatable event (spoiler: you basically carry the Zil nearly all the way to the human outpost, only for her to tell you that the Zil treat the outpost as an off-limit zone, which would be within canon I think considering the mention that Penny set up turrets to frag them, and asks you to just leave her outside and then bones you).

What I could do is to split my current idea into two separate encounters. One non-repeatable(with a large personality score change) which sets the tone for the repeatable(most probably no personality score change). That would allow me to fire off the non-repeatable earlier for submission/editing as well. One possible issue is that the non-repeatable would be setting the tone by basically telling you "oh yeah, everyone rapes everyone else all the time in this place, we pretty much all enjoy it, don't bother saving anyone next time unless they're actually screaming for help" which I think would be perfectly within canon? But it might set a setting which could conflict with someone else's work in the future.