What are your gripes/criticism of TiTs?

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but those damn spam emails are really getting on my tits. They were funny the first few times I got them but after that?

Really annoying while I'm travelling long distance and suddenly the "West" button disappears because of an email alert.

Ooh Woo

Aug 6, 2019
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but those damn spam emails are really getting on my tits. They were funny the first few times I got them but after that?

Really annoying while I'm travelling long distance and suddenly the "West" button disappears because of an email alert.
Do you delete them from your inbox?

TheShepard256

Pretty sure that doesnt apply anymore - Nonesuch is the lead writer for Cloud 10 and as you allready noticed, many of the ideas for Hand So have been used for Iannan over there. So if Hand So ever gets an expansion, its likely going to be something very different.
Nonesuch once said that he'd work as an advisor for Hand So's ship content when it will be written, so I'm guessing it's going to be at least somewhat similar to the originally planned content. Still, we won't fully know that until said writing actually takes place, which probably isn't going to be for a long while.

criticAlls

May 4, 2018
which probably isn't going to be for a long while.
Another gripe that's been beaten into the ground so hard it's a smoking crater at this point. I hope the "long while" for that isn't nearly as long as the "long while" was getting us out of v 0.7. Hard for me to fully grasp the fact that it's very nearly been seven years since I initially pledged. So much has been done and added, so much is still planned. This little text game has been quite the wild ride.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Another gripe that's been beaten into the ground so hard it's a smoking crater at this point. I hope the "long while" for that isn't nearly as long as the "long while" was getting us out of v 0.7. Hard for me to fully grasp the fact that it's very nearly been seven years since I initially pledged. So much has been done and added, so much is still planned. This little text game has been quite the wild ride.

It's not quite Berserk terrority at least. Thankfully there's been a trickle or stream or new stuff. Better then waiting six months for two or three chapters and then more waiting.

Or course, if what's in the new updates don't tickle your funny bone...

Night

Aug 26, 2015
A gripe that nothing can really solve: The unbalance with certain kinks and not really enough depth in some relationships. Especially if you look at ones like Anno/Kaede and shade and amara. I know they are all open/poly relationships but you’d think they’d require communication to keep the relationship in sync. “Hey I’ve been with Steele a lot lately does that bother you” “hey I’ve been with kaede a lot would you like to spend more time” “Hey I’ve missed you wanna catch up?” Every author is going to have their way with handling it and at the end of the day as much as the story is important it’s a sex adventure game. That’s all that really matters.

As far as the unbalance with kinks that’s just how it is. Most writers and readers seem to like herms, dominant characters, horsecocks and the like. People who like other’s things or don’t really like those things are always going to be in the minority who don’t get as much love compared to everyone else. Sucks but it’s how shit works.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
they’d require communication to keep the relationship in sync. “Hey I’ve been with Steele a lot lately does that bother you” “hey I’ve been with kaede a lot would you like to spend more time” “Hey I’ve missed you wanna catch up?”

I think I mentioned something to this effect just a couple weeks ago, but it's assumed there's a lot of that going on in the background; you even get CC'd into some of Anno/Kaede's email chains when you Huskarize Anno :p

I don't think dealing with that is a compelling use of my writing hours (the same way proper pre-and-post anal sex care isn't, but you should really take care of your bum IRL despite often not even using lube in scenes). Maybe I'm wrong on that count though!

Night

Aug 26, 2015
I think I mentioned something to this effect just a couple weeks ago, but it's assumed there's a lot of that going on in the background; you even get CC'd into some of Anno/Kaede's email chains when you Huskarize Anno :p

I don't think dealing with that is a compelling use of my writing hours (the same way proper pre-and-post anal sex care isn't, but you should really take care of your bum IRL despite often not even using lube in scenes). Maybe I'm wrong on that count though!

It’s nice to have those sort of things to at least be mentioned. I know in kaede’s talk scenes you can talk about her relationship with Anno but it doesn’t go into the three of you. If you don’t feel the need to write them no ones pressing the matter. But it’s a nice touch.

I try not to get too invested in any of it though. I’m not the open relationship type so I feel like I’d bother me after a while.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I don't think there is a proper "3 of us" for Kaede/Anno/Steele. They're together, the player just has sex with both of them. Anno doesn't seem particularly romantic though, while Kaede does, so they might need to work things out. Being in an open relationship and a poly relationship are two different things that can occur simultaneously, so the sleeping around is open, while I believe actually deciding that someone is one of both of their partner is a separate matter.

If I've read them correctly

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I always thought that since open/poly relationships were common (or at least acceptable) and that sexual jealousy seems to be quite rare (especially among ausars), that they don't need to talk about it as much as those who are expected by society (and biology, to some extent) to be monogamous (e.g. us modern humans).

Clearly Anno and Kaede just sniff each others' butts when they meet up to make sure everything still checks out.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I always thought that since open/poly relationships were common (or at least acceptable) and that sexual jealousy seems to be quite rare (especially among ausars), that they don't need to talk about it as much as those who are expected by society (and biology, to some extent) to be monogamous (e.g. us modern humans).
I always thought that there was an undercurrent of jealousy between Kaede and Steele. Nothing malicious or resentful, just that Kaede is a little jealous of Steele because Anno is living on their ship, not to mention that Anno gets to go on an amazing adventure with the heir to a corporate powerhouse while she's left to work as a space trucker.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
I don't think there is a proper "3 of us" for Kaede/Anno/Steele. They're together, the player just has sex with both of them. Anno doesn't seem particularly romantic though, while Kaede does, so they might need to work things out. Being in an open relationship and a poly relationship are two different things that can occur simultaneously, so the sleeping around is open, while I believe actually deciding that someone is one of both of their partner is a separate matter.

The very first Kaede scene kinda-explicitly sets up Three's Company. I never read Anno as unromantic, if anything she came off to me as a starry-eyed sort in contrast to her typically-practical approach to work. It doesn't translate as her wanting a relationship with everyone she meets but she allows herself to fall in love, enjoys it, and doesn't get too upset at its ephemeral nature. With her future boss it comes across as though she'd have been satisfied if all it amounted to was a distraction from how terrible Tarkus is but she's happy to keep it going, too. On the other hand Kaede comes off as someone who tends to want to maintain some sort of relationship if she falls for someone and Anno suggesting Steele come along that first time came from knowing when someone had caught her eye (and sets the tone that their on-again-off-again thing works because neither one is the possessive type).

So that's to say because Kaede content is based in her being interested enough for there to be something between her and Steele there's necessarily also going to be a "3 of us" even if the player never recruits Anno. They intersect too much for there not to be.

But I think Savin's trying to say that while they can be assumed to sort things here and there in the background none of the content presents any major drama bombs that require real attention to be paid to all of that.

Reactions: Savin

ShadeWriter

Feb 17, 2020
Currently? Combat/Level.

Since Myrellion the fights have kicked up a notch. Zhang is extremely tough even with good gear and max level, and most of the side quests at that point are on the same level(Pumpking, Uveto, and others). I'm all for having more content and lewdness with each patch/expansion that gets put out but the level cap has remained the same for... how long? I'm not asking for every fight to be auto spam Fight and win but after a certain point I just start running from every battle.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Currently? Combat/Level.

Since Myrellion the fights have kicked up a notch. Zhang is extremely tough even with good gear and max level, and most of the side quests at that point are on the same level(Pumpking, Uveto, and others). I'm all for having more content and lewdness with each patch/expansion that gets put out but the level cap has remained the same for... how long? I'm not asking for every fight to be auto spam Fight and win but after a certain point I just start running from every battle.

Have you tried teasing? Unless your enemies are Black Void mooks or robots, teasing usually works pretty well. Only downside is that combat will last about 3-4 rounds, unless the enemy has a high lust counter or some method of lowering lust.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I didn't necessarily read Anno as aro, just not the same kind of romantic as Kaede. And Kaede seems different when it comes to love for Anno instead of like, Steele or even Cass.
I agree with pretty much all of this.

I think the core of this comes down to the respective characters. Anno is incredibly poly (or was in her youth considering that now the only relationships she has are with Steele and Kaede). Whereas I think that while Kaede is also poly, she's nowhere near the extent that Anno is, but I think that Kaede's main desire is to settle down. Yeah, she's happy to have sex with Steele, but in her mind the end goal is going always going to be the white furred scientist with the pet fetish.

I think the real question is whether or not Anno sees herself settling down and who is going to slip the collar on her first.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there and a discussion for another thread.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
If you're having trouble and you don't want to use easy mode, I'd suggest getting your hands on the Bimboleum Defense Emitter and the Prototype Pirate Shield. They've saved my ass quite a few times.

Also, like Sumgai said, Lust attacks can be very effective against quite a few enemies. I find that if my first few shots barely scratch an enemy's shields, shakin' what my momma/Joy-Co gave me works a treat.

ShadeWriter

Feb 17, 2020
If you're having trouble and you don't want to use easy mode, I'd suggest getting your hands on the Bimboleum Defense Emitter and the Prototype Pirate Shield. They've saved my ass quite a few times.

Also, like Sumgai said, Lust attacks can be very effective against quite a few enemies. I find that if my first few shots barely scratch an enemy's shields, shakin' what my momma/Joy-Co gave me works a treat.

I went Smuggler with focus on Ranged. I've tried a few times and outside of a focus on Lust attacks, Melee seems to work the majority of the time till late game where more enemies have high dodge or other tricks. Thus far as a 'game' I liked that I could basically do anything and proceed that I wasn't locked into one 'build' but that feels less and less as more content is added. Whenever the level cap gets raised, my concerns/worry could very well be proven wrong. I'd probably have to restart or just spend a good amount of time shifting over to a Tease/Lust combat focus.

As for Easy Mode, I actually completely forgot that was a thing.

Reactions: criticAlls

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Either way, we are at half the maximum level and half the story planets, so it evens out. You're not optimized if you're having a hard time though, ask someone who plays a Smuggler for suggestions

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

Night

Aug 26, 2015

I honestly agree. I think Anno is more attached to Steele because they are a simple and somewhat steady fuck. She doesn’t feel romantically attached to Steele beyond sex, however she’s romantically invested in kaede.

Night

Aug 26, 2015
The very first Kaede scene kinda-explicitly sets up Three's Company. I never read Anno as unromantic, if anything she came off to me as a starry-eyed sort in contrast to her typically-practical approach to work. It doesn't translate as her wanting a relationship with everyone she meets but she allows herself to fall in love, enjoys it, and doesn't get too upset at its ephemeral nature. With her future boss it comes across as though she'd have been satisfied if all it amounted to was a distraction from how terrible Tarkus is but she's happy to keep it going, too. On the other hand Kaede comes off as someone who tends to want to maintain some sort of relationship if she falls for someone and Anno suggesting Steele come along that first time came from knowing when someone had caught her eye (and sets the tone that their on-again-off-again thing works because neither one is the possessive type).

So that's to say because Kaede content is based in her being interested enough for there to be something between her and Steele there's necessarily also going to be a "3 of us" even if the player never recruits Anno. They intersect too much for there not to be.

But I think Savin's trying to say that while they can be assumed to sort things here and there in the background none of the content presents any major drama bombs that require real attention to be paid to all of that.

No one wants relationship drama and jealousy in the game. So everything works whether it would seem to or not.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I want Roxy's coach to send hitmen after my Steele because I keep knocking her up and taking his best player out of action.
"You took Roxy. That takes moxy."
"You took my moll, I'm gonna takes your ball...s."

Or, the coach sends a scout to the Nursery on a recruitment drive.