Myrellion Content Discussion (GENERAL)

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
You're not getting four arms, dude.

You're not getting more then two arms, different hands or a roaming booty zone.

Simple as. Drop it already, jfc.

I know, I was genuinely asking about Geddy cause we haven't heard from him about it. Also what was his reason for rebuilding it?

Stealth

Nov 21, 2015
Damn, I wish I hadn't questionned the four arms thing now, I didn't mean to stir up bad vibes, I was just curious what the reasoning was.

Partysan

Sep 16, 2015
I was thinking that there should be some stuff about becoming too red/gold myr, like you cant enter on some places or some charapters doesnt want to talk with you.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
Damn, I wish I hadn't questionned the four arms thing now, I didn't mean to stir up bad vibes, I was just curious what the reasoning was.

There are no bad vibes here. Your question was just something that had been answered since CoC days, so we had to answer what could very well be a recurring question.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Yep, since CoC. Due to those aforemenctioned reasons, multilimbs was something out of the question even back then, along the likes of using your loin bits for attacks.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
I figure someone was curious about it in connection to some insect or arachnid TF and there went the slippery slope.

But on with the thread. Will we ever have the option of giving Belle our shiny rocks we find? She does collect them and it'd be rather adorable to see her get all bubbly and silly over something shiny.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Yep, since CoC. Due to those aforemenctioned reasons, multilimbs was something out of the question even back then, along the likes of using your loin bits for attacks.

Lol, that was actually a thought?

I figure someone was curious about it in connection to some insect or arachnid TF and there went the slippery slope.

But on with the thread. Will we ever have the option of giving Belle our shiny rocks we find? She does collect them and it'd be rather adorable to see her get all bubbly and silly over something shiny.

I think JimT might include that when you're able to take her as a crew member.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Lol, that was actually a thought?

I think JimT might include that when you're able to take her as a crew member.

Considering the length you can make your schlong in that game, spearing your opponent can be...rather more literal than one would initially think.

And it could translate into when she settles down with the sprogs, showing her one hasn't forgotten her and so on. I was mostly imagining her going adorably spazzed when you drop a shiny onto her tray while she's working and it takes her a second to realize you gave that to her.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
I'm not whining anymore about the 4 arm thing, I'm just saying this to get it out of my system: I feel that having an entire subrace that has 4 arms in front of you and having a tf for that subrace yet does not allow you to have 4 arms is a tease.

Last edited by a moderator:

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
I'm not whining anymore about the 4 arm thing, I'm just saying this to get it out of my system: I feel that having an entire subrace that has 4 arms in front of you and having a tf for that subrace yet does not allow you to have 4 arms is a tease.

I can sympathize, I just feel my brain bleed under the attempt to code it. Could even have an in universe explanation being that a person that has grown up using only 2 arms would be confused permanently trying to use 4. The naga tail thing would be different since you'd arguably be using the same muscles...just very differently. 

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Huh really? They seem to work fine enough.

Gedan means to make the system actually consider multiple enemies (and allies*) as separate characters, like in The Silence, instead of the current system where they're basically random procs duct taped to the combat code.

*Allies only for specific quests and dungeons, not for having them tagging along all the time, or so I hear.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I can sympathize, I just feel my brain bleed under the attempt to code it. Could even have an in universe explanation being that a person that has grown up using only 2 arms would be confused permanently trying to use 4. 

That's already the case, you know. Dane mentions in his intro only a very, very small part of the 2-arm population has the brain wiring to be able to control extra arms. Steele is not part of that group.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
That's already the case, you know. Dane mentions in his intro only a very, very small part of the 2-arm population has the brain wiring to be able to control extra arms. Steele is not part of that group.

When the glorious unspecified moment in the future of implementing cybernetic augmentation will arrive, will additional arms still be off the table?

Is there a list of other things like that (of 'too much work'/'will screw the system too much' variety) newbs like me, who weren't around during previous forum's lifetime, can look at and know not to ask for?

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
When the glorious unspecified moment in the future of implementing cybernetic augmentation will arrive, will additional arms still be off the table?

Yes. The brain wiring thing is an excuse, not the reason, and the more content there is, the less likely a major overhaul is. It's already been said several times in this very thread that extra arms will not happen, so why do you even ask?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Yes. The brain wiring thing is an excuse, not the reason, and the more content there is, the less likely a major overhaul is. It's already been said several times in this very thread that extra arms will not happen, so why do you even ask?

1)Since the addition of cybernetic augmentation would involve some kind of major overhaul anyhow, the minuscule chance of some of those 'won't be implemented because it's too much work' things slipping in.

2)The main question of my post was the second one.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Since the addition of cybernetic augmentation would involve some kind of major overhaul anyhow, the minuscule chance of some of those 'won't be implemented because it's too much work' things slipping in.

That's utter nonsense on several levels. There's no saying how the cybernetics are going to work, and whether they require any sort of overhaul, and there's absolutely no bloody reason to expect that one overhaul would somehow include a completely separate major overhaul of something completely unrelated. Not to mention that it's already been said several times by the gorram developers that it won't happen.

And no, there's no FAQ, and even if there were, do you think people would read it (and care about the answers) instead of asking the questions again anyway? After all, being told several times didn't stop you.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
That's utter nonsense on several levels. There's no saying how the cybernetics are going to work, and whether they require any sort of overhaul, and there's absolutely no bloody reason to expect that one overhaul would somehow include a completely separate major overhaul of something completely unrelated. Not to mention that it's already been said several times by the gorram developers that it won't happen.

And no, there's no FAQ, and even if there were, do you think people would read it (and care about the answers) instead of asking the questions again anyway? After all, being told several times didn't stop you.

Got less to do with combat and more the fact that the game just flat out doesn't support multiple arms. There'd be a heck of a lot of back-editing and revision we'd have to do to support it, and frankly, we'd rather not.

The exact words of the 'goddamn developer' left some tiny room for getting the hopes up, and his second post was easy to miss (for me).

As for cybernetics, I should have written 'hopefully would involve a major overhaul' because IMO that's the only way for such system to be big and meaningful. And since I *suspect* that code-wise it can be related, that would be a good moment for implementing TFs that right now are considered too bothersome, if (and only if) the dev team want them to be a part of the game at all.

Unlike FAQ, even several unorganized dev's answers are much easier to miss, especially for people who don't frequent all of the forum sections.

ham

Sep 2, 2015
I don't really mind about have multiple arms, but couldn't you just use them as a purely cosmetic change, similar to having four eyes in coc? They wouldn't have to do anything, just give you a different arm descript in the appearance tab. 

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I don't really mind about have multiple arms, but couldn't you just use them as a purely cosmetic change, similar to having four eyes in coc? They wouldn't have to do anything, just give you a different arm descript in the appearance tab. 

Agreed. They are also significantly easier to ignore/hand-wave in most sex scenes, since arms aren't usually mentioned in detail AND there won't be plural vs. singular confusion.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015

Because people who simply can't understand a simple no will invariably demand to use them for other purposes.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
People do that on this forum all the time anyway.

Then best not to encourage them.

Give it up, kid. Like whining for Helspawn incest, it will never happen. And the more people make noise about it, the more determined Fen and crew are to not do it.

So go on, please continue begging obnoxiously.

ham

Sep 2, 2015
Then best not to encourage them.

Give it up, kid. Like whining for Helspawn incest, it will never happen. And the more people make noise about it, the more determined Fen and crew are to not do it.

So go on, please continue begging obnoxiously.

Did I really warrant that type of response?

Reactions: Sacremas

argenten

Sep 9, 2015

Using the "people do it anyways" response will not make you any friends, least of all among those who are actually working on the project. In the end, it is still their time, effort, and choice on how much or any of what is written is coded and implemented. That makes them gods as far as the game is concerned. If they say no, that's it. 

I am curious about something that involves Myrellion. What is the comparable tech level between it and Tarkus? I ask because I had the vague idea of being able to bring Shekka curiosities or useful bits and bobs that might help her uplift her people.

Oh yeah! I tend to skip over Dane's stuff for the most part so maybe that's why I forgot he said it, rather than it being said at all. But this rather proves my point. The multi arms were taken into consideration well in advance and eliminated as an option. That means hell will be an ice rink for centuries before it happens.

Patrick R. Key

Nov 20, 2015

I don't think so. If I can be blatantly honest, between the response you just got and the response Sad Larry (your profile pic) received, I don't know which was less warranted.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I am curious about something that involves Myrellion. What is the comparable tech level between it and Tarkus? I ask because I had the vague idea of being able to bring Shekka curiosities or useful bits and bobs that might help her uplift her people.

Tarkus, for the most part, has a lot of slightly outdated and broken U.G.C. technology lying around, and also goblins who are properly high-tech. Plus possible Progenitors' artifacts.

Myrs (the most advanced races of their world) have most technological fields at around 'mid XX century Earth' and a handful of leaked U.G.C. stuff.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Tarkus, for the most part, has a lot of slightly outdated and broken U.G.C. technology lying around, and also goblins who are properly high-tech. Plus possible Progenitors' artifacts.

Myrs (the most advanced races of their world) have most technological fields at around 'mid XXth century Earth' and a handful of leaked U.G.C. stuff.

XXth? Just say early 20th. It's obviously WW1 and 2 analogous.