Kingdom of Deception

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Yes, you have unlimited time for this section of the game.

plkmjn

Oct 21, 2017
Great game, so I started reading the renpy script and discovered two minor bugs:

- During the catgirl raid you can ask Dajrab as often as you like and get catgirlraidinvestigation as high as you want because
$ catgirlraiddajrab == True
has an = too much (line 10826 when reading script.rpy with notepad++).

- During the bar groping murder investigation (line 16248):
Code:
    if shamanmiracles1 == True:
        pass
    else:
        $ bargropeinv += 1
        orc "Me saw you prove his miracles false, too. He is a weak shaman, he should not be bringing up such petty cases when we are at war."

If you never entered centercamp in phase 2 up to the appearance of the investigator (and there's no need to do so), shamanmiracles1 is set to False during init and therefore the orc will talk about things that have not yet happened. A possible solution is to also check for $ shamanmiracles1prime == False to make sure the player has visited the central camp.

Last edited:

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Great game, so I started reading the renpy script and discovered two minor bugs:
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I thought I typed something up! Good catches, have them fixed - thanks!

Did the into change, or is this a path I didn't come across before?
The intro hasn't really changed since the first update. There are three different results with several potential paths to reach them.

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
The intro hasn't really changed since the first update. There are three different results with several potential paths to reach them.
Interesting. Everything I've tried always results in Sabia on her back. Last time I played I remember fighting a duel, but I can't get to it now. Never seen a third option.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Interesting. Everything I've tried always results in Sabia on her back. Last time I played I remember fighting a duel, but I can't get to it now. Never seen a third option.
If you fail to delay long enough, there's the basic scene. Delaying long enough, you can either be knocked out (avoids sex) or propose a duel and get a different sex scene.

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I'm suprised how hooked I'm into this game, even though it currently has so little content and it isn't even a kind of game I ususally like..
Amazing work ^_^

After playing the latest version (again) I have three questions:
Is there any difference in the three decisions if you join Tekrok feast? I fail to see the difference in the text..

Will you add a gallery? or should I jsut keep saving before every Scene? =D

And lastly.. do you have any idea when the next content will be ready?

Thanks for this game (and Last Sovereign ofc =D ) and stay safe ^_^

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
We're really glad to hear you like the beginning so much! Answers to your questions:
1) The different choices grant you different hidden variables, which could be relevant in the future if you want to take a more dominant/submissive path.
2) A gallery is in our plans!
3) Can't be certain, sorry, but we're working hard on it!

Hurshana

Dec 3, 2015
Speaking of Dominant/Submissive. Right now in the game there appears to be a very strong dominant path you can follow, but I haven't noticed much in the way of submissiveness. Is everything complete up to the point the game is at, or are there options or systems missing up to the feast?

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
We don't plan to make major changes to previous sections, though of course we do try to improve them. Right now, most dominant or submissive choices are direct parallels, meaning that you can get a benefit for either one. If you mean entirely changing Sabia's personality, she's a character of her own as opposed to the avatar of the player, so you won't have unlimited options.

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
In case that you're not following their Patreon there are some relevant news that you should know:
  1. Due to internal changes in the game mechanisms, old saves won't work.
  2. They are going to implement a gallery mode that uses persistent data independent of your saves. Once you unlock a scene, you will be able to rewatch it from the main menu.
  3. The scenes at the prologue had been removed (this happened during the development of the 0.3.x branch). But they will be reused at some point.
  4. There is a new interface for the shops.
  5. Due to the scope of the new update, the testing is going to take longer.
  6. They have announced that the testing for v. 0.4.0 it's going to start.
It looks like plenty of changes are coming. I'm wondering how the game and story feel. To me, the point 3 is key and I personally like it.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
The newest version of the game has been released on Patreon!

Ud66rSt.png

Version 0.4.0 contains the following:
- 5 base CGs, 8 different scenes
- Many of the scenes are involved in the central arena event, which has many different events and variables that can change depending on how you play for this and future updates, so be careful how you play.
-Many new characters, bases and backgrounds.
-Fully reworked systems and core engine changes.
-A lot new reveals and lore progression.
-Fully remade shops with new assets to make it easier to use them. The new work option for the shops will appear in the shop itself as a button.
-New gallery for each CG you have seen, with the option to unlock the new ones after you see them.
-Now that we are far into the game the update has one dom and one sub CG, so you might not see everything in one play through.

As usual, the release will be out later for $5 backers and released publicly in a week. We hope everyone enjoys!

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
The newest version of KoD is now publicly available! You can download it from our blog:
https://hreinngames.blogspot.com/

BNJBsEV.png

Version 0.4.0 contains the following:
- 5 base CGs, 8 different scenes
- Many of the scenes are involved in the central arena event, which has many different events and variables that can change depending on how you play for this and future updates, so be careful how you play.
- Many new characters, bases and backgrounds.
- Fully reworked systems and core engine changes.
- A lot of new reveals and lore progression.
- Fully remade shops with new assets to make it easier to use them. The new work option for the shops will appear in the shop itself as a button.
- New gallery for each CG you have seen, with the option to unlock the new ones after you see them.
- Now that we are far into the game the update has one dom and one sub CG, so you might not see everything in one play through.

Version 0.4.2 contains:
- Multiple balance changes that reduce the money requirement for the feast.
- Various typos, bugfixes, and other polishing.

Detail of the changes to feast balance:
- Rewards for doing well on the catgirl quest are increased.
- Money obtained from the bar orcs is increased.
- If you saved Kulgan, he brings a gift to your feast.
- If you have a high score with your Captain (or Jadk), they provide an item for the feast.

Enjoy the game!

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
Hi Sierra & Nomo:

Nice update as always.

Now that I have a compelling reason to do so:toot::toot:, I have played a complete playthrough (and of course I didn't peek at all at the excellent guides by s3382306: general guide and by Ndsferrari: dominant Sabia).

You have done a great, great job with the Gallery. I specially appreciate the option to see the scenes sorted by characters is particularly nice and it's a great thing that you have been able to add it so early in the cycle game development. Also the addiction of the Gallery is a good incentive in my opinion to take a little time playing around with the early parts of the game (specially the Relief Tents). Talking about that: I understand the logic behind to lock out the submissive content if you have taken already your first steps on the domination path, but I just needed one point to unlock a couple of scenes. So near and yet so far ;);)...

About the pace of the game, maybe I'm way too obsessed with walkthroughs and wikis and the like, but I think that three parts of four (well one could argue than 2 and half: there is no hard time limit in the first part, but I like Kulgan too much: I mean like Kulgan's bonuses too much, to let him die) time-sensitive, are not the best option, specially if you don't like to hurry up and be efficient (I had heard that there are players like that).

I really like the art. Browsing nomo's page in HF, you can see that he has improved a lot. But I think that one reason of why I like it so much (besides than the characters' proportions match my fantasies of course) is because the way that the scenes are written. There is a good match.

The character development is coming along nicely in general, but I was hoping for a bit more of Maply's screen time. I hope that we have the chance to learn more about catgirls in future events. The Makhor content adds a depth to Sabia's personality (as it shows her capacity for empathy) that it really resonates with me. In that sense, both Lynn and Tyra seems to be a bit two-dimensional Big Bads, but can be easily explained for their lack of more screen time. I know that they are cold-heart foxes, but I would like to learn a bit more why they are that way.

The combat is... a bit weird (this section assumes that you have a good equipment and training of course). I have replayed 3 or 4 times, and it doesn't feel to me that there is a clear difficult progression. The second fight is clearly easier than the other three, and both the first one and the third ones have give some troubles. I'm not sure if you're aiming for a neat progression between fights, but, if you do, maybe you should rearrange the fights order: 2, 1, 4, 3.

Sorry for the delay, but I had been distracted by another short and simple game lately:p:p:D:D...

Takeda

May 21, 2016
The walkthrough is great but what I observed here and in The Last Sovereign everything is in the edge and with any small detail changed the best outcome can't be reached, few mistakes I found when you use the broom to clean the central camp although it says that the Stamina cost is 15 it reduce 30 at least two times while using the broom. Also the battles in the training grounds in order to acquire the xp you must play save & load several times to reach the levels. The time also seems to be in just the limit. With those limits the result in the end could be stressful rather than enjoying a great game of course everything depends what anyone looks after a game. Just my personal view :)

p.s. and definitely all the stats as are hidden doesn't help to find what went wrong.

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
I don't really see the issue that you have to minmax to get the best outcome. In fact is one of the things that I like about games.
  • Cleaning job: It also says that Sabia is not used to do such a hard physical job and that is why the first times it takes more stamina. It's not a bug but a feature and it's working as intended.
  • As your Sabia reach new levels, she gets less experience from combat with ramdom orcs (as she gets stronger, she learn less from low level opponents). To avoid/reduce the number of reloads, try to do the fights as soon as possible.
I think that I have enough experience with Sierra Lee's design philosophy to know that you're not going to miss relevant parts of the story, but this game is designed to avoid that all the content can be seen in one playthrough (included some sex scenes). She is also fond of hidden stats, so I'm pretty sure that she is going to keep using them.

Reactions: Sierra Lee

Nitu

May 4, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm a pretty big fan of this game, and my curiosity led me to start poking around and messing with the code.
I decided to start adding things to learn some renpy (and python in general) and sort of got carried away. Now I've got like 1500 lines of code (though to be fair, half of those are text from scenes I didn't write) for a mod surrounding Riven from Hreinn's other game (and LoL obviously), and it's getting bigger basically daily.
It's gotten big enough that I thought other people might like to check it out, but I feel weird posting it without checking with the Hreinn Games team first. I don't really know why they would be against it, since both games are free and all, but I'm overly cautious.

So yeah, Sierra Lee, is it okay if I share a mod?

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Hi everyone! I'm a pretty big fan of this game, and my curiosity led me to start poking around and messing with the code.
I decided to start adding things to learn some renpy (and python in general) and sort of got carried away. Now I've got like 1500 lines of code (though to be fair, half of those are text from scenes I didn't write) for a mod surrounding Riven from Hreinn's other game (and LoL obviously), and it's getting bigger basically daily.
It's gotten big enough that I thought other people might like to check it out, but I feel weird posting it without checking with the Hreinn Games team first. I don't really know why they would be against it, since both games are free and all, but I'm overly cautious.

So yeah, Sierra Lee, is it okay if I share a mod?
Well, if you were planning to take our work and try to make money off it, for example by setting up a Patreon for the mod, we would not be okay with that. But if you just made the mod to show people, sure, that's okay!

Nitu

May 4, 2018
That's definitely not what I'm planning, haha.
But with that, here's RivenMod: https://mega.nz/#!r6QFSIZa!TcB2UwNHzvxPeOgHLkrMF0GUTS63SIENsYZJWeQCMxQ
This mod gets extracted on top of the current version of KoD and consists of images and scenes modified from Noxian Nights.
After completing the trial, this mod adds another tent to the camp. Turns out, there's another human who has been captured and indebted to the orcs. It's Riven!
Sabia feels a kinship with her, and to save her from working with the worst of the relief tent clients, can offer to purchase her debt. Though -- she makes it clear -- the debt is too great for her to just forgive, and Riven will need to earn it back for her.
As Sabia, you coach Riven through working for the relief tents, and also build the affection between the two of them.
(I recommend starting it during the preparation for the feast, since there's no time limit to build up the funds to buy her debt)

Some Notes:
  • There are opportunities to build extra affection with Riven. But there are no instances where you lose it.
  • This mod assumes a few things about Sabia without requiring them simply because that's just how I read/play her.
    • Sabia is portrayed as affectionate, independent, but also sexual.
    • It assumes she has worked in the tents before.
    • It assumes that she enjoyed working in the tents.
    • It assumes that she doesn't hate the orcs, but does acknowledge they can be a little to brutal.
  • I'm way too lazy to photoshop the humans in the images to be orcs, so just assume they're elves or orc-friendly humans.
  • Currently, nothing happens when Riven makes up her debt, and there's only so far Sabia and Riven can bond.
I don't really know if I'm going to take it any further than this, since there's a limit to images from Noxian Nights that I feel can be adapted, especially without photoshopping them extensively for Sabia/Riven scenes. But I think it's a pretty fun addition to the game.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
quve4NA.png

We're pleased to announce that Kingdom of Deception 0.5.0 has been released to patrons! This one is a major update that requires starting a new save, because we reworked all the game's core systems. We've set things up so that future updates will not break previous saves, which was one of our goals for this release.

A few important notes before the full release list:
1) Old saves do not work for this version so you need to do a full restart.

2) We have balanced the new combat system multiple times during the beta testing, but we are still working on it, so please do provide feedback and if you feel certain options are used more than others.

3) The new raiding system is still a work in progress. We coded and added the main frame of it, but we will increase its complexity with time. While you try it, we are still open for suggestions and feedback we can use for its further development.

KINGDOM OF DECEPTION 0.5.0
- A full update of content aside from the whole game coding revamp.
- 5 new CGs with 9 unique scene variations, that add or change content depending on your choices.
- Unique Captain Content: Player choice of Captain will have an increased effect, with new events, troops, and sex scenes. Though we intend for most future content to be obtainable by most saves, we also think it's important for player choices to grant unique rewards sometimes.
- Makhor Content: After leaving you on a cliffhanger with the Makhor last time, we'll give you plenty of answers and scenes with the new character.
- Battle System Revamp: We increased the complexity of the combat system last time, but with this update we've completed the redesign. There's a new resource to manage, plus we responded to complaints that the system didn't include enough information about available attacks. The newly balanced system will make battles more varied and more fun.
- Army Raiding System Introduction: Now that Sabia has gained control of forces, she'll be able to take the next significant step. This includes a brand new system that we have yet to introduce in a preview post. We'll leave you to discover it in the game, but we'll say that it adds another layer of consequences to all your past decisions.
- New Maps: You'll be able to see an interactive part of the world map we previewed in the game that was applied to earlier content too. This is a new system so changes might happen to it, so PLEASE DO NOT save on the new map screen. If you save in the orc camp screen your saves should be safe from any changes we do.
- We changed the menus and GUI of the options in Sabia's tent. You can now better see her stats, from sub to dom points, to strength and other things, to the relationship points you have with different characters.
- There is a completely new equipment and crafting menu too. Hopefully this will give you more clarity on the consequences of your actions and better way to execute the different mechanics of the game.

The release has just been sent to patrons! It will be out for $5 backers in a few days, and released publicly in a week. We hope everyone enjoys!

Last edited:

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
The last public build is out. I don't know why neither the 0.6.0 patron release, nor the public one haven't been announced here. Probably an oversight due to being very busy.

Reactions: Sapphire

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
Is there Submission content for the day 9 event during the red god's tournament? I had read that there was, but cannot see it with 9 11 submission.

Edit: I thought you might have cut it (and the intro scene) for Patreon-related reasons, but viewing some later stuff that's definitely not the case.

Last edited:

savagesix

Nov 18, 2017
The last public build is out. I don't know why neither the 0.6.0 patron release, nor the public one haven't been announced here. Probably an oversight due to being very busy.
From what I've heard, Sierra Lee is no longer connected with the KoD project, which is probably why there haven't been any other posts about it here.

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
You're absolutely right. They also haven't updated the blog since April. I think that they in a difficult spot right now, from what I had read elsewhere.