CoC: Unofficially Expanded Edition (v1.4.19 for CoC 1.0.2)

Rycharde

Aug 27, 2015
And for Android, I'll try. So far, when I try to compile Android builds, it doesn't work properly and the background quickly flashes through different background choices. I'll continue to investigate the problems. I might as well have to discontinue Android version at a point.

Kitteh is the primary (read only) coder for the mod, by the way. He does not have any experience with the Android OS; troubleshooting is beyond his scope. If we could get an Android coder, that would change.

For those that want/have to play on Android devices:

- Download a SWF reader. We've heard good things about SWFPlayer.
- Download the mod's SWF file from Github.

That should work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
is there a html version?

Kitteh's experimenting with an html version currently, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility in the future. For now, there is an .swf and, when Lady Luck permits, an .apk for mobile devices that can read them.

AnT_ImaginE

Nov 15, 2015
Kitteh's experimenting with an html version currently, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility in the future. For now, there is an .swf and, when Lady Luck permits, an .apk for mobile devices that can read them.

So it's complete engine rewrite then? I heard that CoC programming is a bit.. troublesome to put new content into. Theoretically speaking, when and if it is done (at the very least the framework), then would it possible that coding new feature to CoC to be easier? Or does Kitty just try to "direct" port CoC to html with the current framework?

Rycharde

Aug 27, 2015
Kitteh has been cleaning CoC code as he works on adding new content and features, and working out bugs. The HTML version will be cleaner and easier to add to.

Awesome-est

Nov 8, 2015
Hey, is there going to be a 1.3.6 apk version soon? Love the drop down character select, but I don't really play on PC. I'm currently installing with sfw player. 

BTW, I don't think I've played a lot. my most advanced character is lvl 12 with 111 days. Am I halfway through? 

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
Hey, is there going to be a 1.3.6 apk version soon?

No. The author of the mod doesn't know anything about android. There used to be someone who made android apk for him, that person is gone. Until a new such person joins the project there won't be any new apks

BlueMogu

Sep 12, 2015
Out of curiosity, if someone wanted to post new ideas for the mod where would they do it? (Assuming new ideas are still being accepted.) Here doesn't seem like a good place as suggestions can easily be lost. Maybe someone should make a separate thread.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Hey, is there going to be a 1.3.6 apk version soon? Love the drop down character select, but I don't really play on PC. I'm currently installing with sfw player. 

BTW, I don't think I've played a lot. my most advanced character is lvl 12 with 111 days. Am I halfway through? 

Not level (it is possible to clear final dungeon with level 1 character) nor ingame time are relevant to game progress.

Rycharde

Aug 27, 2015

Currently, Kitteh, our primary (read only) coder, has limited knowledge of the Android OS. To date the only thing he has been able to do is compile to APK, but an annoying bug, from what I have heard, has reared its ugly mug making the APKs unusable, causing the program to crash on start.

So until we get an Android OS guru, the likelihood of an APK version is extremely limited (read 0.1% -- this number can be off a bit, but...).

Kitteh is working on an HTML5 version of CoC, which is OS portable with no third party software needed (like Flash for current versions), and OS particular leading to SFW and APK versions for (Windows) PC and Android systems.

It will be sometime before a playable demo will be available, and extremely limited content (read early alpha), as a proof of concept. Then the hard part starts... well, harder than the previous part, as the content from the entire game, original and mod, is converted over to the new game engine, filled no doubt with bugs and such that the mod crew will be working through.

Sooo, long story short, probably no future release on APKs if/until we acquire an Android coding guru. 

There is going to be many moons before the HTML5 version will be in a workable state with the content the current game has.

Only thing we can advise, which you are doing now, is use the SFWPlayer.

*looks-at-post* Damn but I ramble well. LOL

---------

Actually level/days have limited significance of completing CoC. Just to complete CoC, complete Demon Factory, Deep Cave and Stronghold dungeons. There are a lot of adventures to keep you busy outside of the main storyline.

I was at level 35 I believe when I completed Stronghold, though that level is far above what is needed for that dungeon. I just putzed around with the rest of the game, changed into a variety of morphs and the like, before I decided it was time for the big, bad, boss woman to die. :)  

Out of curiosity, if someone wanted to post new ideas for the mod where would they do it? (Assuming new ideas are still being accepted.) Here doesn't seem like a good place as suggestions can easily be lost. Maybe someone should make a separate thread.

At Trello. :)  

Rycharde

Aug 27, 2015
Ah, cheers Rycharde. Might write a little diddy for TiTs too, but don't hold your breath.

LOL. Strickly a CoC kinda guy currently seeing how I'm the main contributor on the wiki. Play TiTS from time to distant time. 

Thanx for confirming your authorship of Raphael. :)  

pantlessninja

Dec 23, 2015
I found a "bug" when playing CoC 0.9.4c+ mod 1.3.6 -When untainting Minerva via Jojo it was still possible to do it with Marae as well and the scene procceded as if she was still tainted, minor thing. just thought I would bring it up.

PulseX

Dec 23, 2015
Kitteh, 1st of all nice work on the mod.

One thing i was wondering...is it possible to change the games behaviour when u encounter an enemy ?

Namely, what i find an issue if u put ur own pictures for stuff then its quiete strange if the images change during a fight.

Like...if u have different pictures for a tentacle beast for instance....and they are quiet different but change during battle....

Is it possible to change that ? So that the game chooses one of the available but keeps this one for the whole battle instead of changing it each and every step/stage ?

Other than that...is it possible to add some more Scenes for different creatures ? I have quite some images which are not usable due to the creatures not having scenes available.

Greetings

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Kitteh, 1st of all nice work on the mod.

One thing i was wondering...is it possible to change the games behaviour when u encounter an enemy ?

Namely, what i find an issue if u put ur own pictures for stuff then its quiete strange if the images change during a fight.

Like...if u have different pictures for a tentacle beast for instance....and they are quiet different but change during battle....

Is it possible to change that ? So that the game chooses one of the available but keeps this one for the whole battle instead of changing it each and every step/stage ?

Other than that...is it possible to add some more Scenes for different creatures ? I have quite some images which are not usable due to the creatures not having scenes available.

Greetings

Probably not. The image.xml would likely need to be redone from scratch to accept that kind of behavior. Not really that fluent in XML coding, but image.xml doesn't appear to be compiled with that in mind. That's more hatternumber0's territory anyways. Then again, the solution could lie on Kitteh's side if it involves tweaking how the game calls for an image before getting to the XML. It depends on what either Kitteh or hatter could do on their separate ends to implement that, not sure how easy or simple that would entail.

At the very least, adding support for more scenes would be nice, though.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Your still far from halfway :3

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
I did discover that it is better to use Firefox for playing this mod with the extra image packs. If you use Chrome there will be a lot of pictures that don't load in the image tile. Especially later in the game with Ember and all of that. Must be some quirk in Chrome that makes it do that. So, for anyone having difficulties with images loading in the Revamp Mod use Firefox or any other swf playing browser that isn't Google Chrome.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
It's why I have for years always kept, continued to use, and recommended to others to have on hand both Firefox and Chrome. Each of the two has their quirks. Sometimes, one will work with what ever you are doing (sometimes flash games don't work, optimization/performance issues, problems with particular sites not loading in properly or with missing assets, etc.) and the other will refuse to cooperate. The only real trouble is trying to find where internally saved flash game saves are kept since both browsers seem to love to hide them. That and maintaining two separate sets of BM's, though both browser fortunately allow for creating one-file backups of said BM sets and even allow you to migrate them to one another.

The only issue I've ran across so far with the image pack and Chrome is that image files that are a certain size in disk space or greater tend to load in after the browser gives a brief stutter. The Tentacle Beasts images and a few others like to do that. We need more locality related pics, too, since the Portal at camp and a few other places have pics, but most have none.

On a different note, does anyone currently use IE at all? I gave up with that browser years ago as it was a worse example of those same problems than either Firefox or Chrome combined at the time. Has it gotten any better or is it still every bit the piece of shit it was when I summarily purged it's rotting carcass from my computer way back when?

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
...and, speaking of web sites acting wonky...DOUBLE POST, 'cause one is never enough, right?

iSupreme

Oct 20, 2015
Nice work Kitteh! I have finished CoC and everything in TiTS (At least what's possible). I was wondering: if i have Corrupt Jojo, can i turn him into Bimbo? 

PulseX

Dec 23, 2015
Probably not. The image.xml would likely need to be redone from scratch to accept that kind of behavior. Not really that fluent in XML coding, but image.xml doesn't appear to be compiled with that in mind. That's more hatternumber0's territory anyways. Then again, the solution could lie on Kitteh's side if it involves tweaking how the game calls for an image before getting to the XML. It depends on what either Kitteh or hatter could do on their separate ends to implement that, not sure how easy or simple that would entail.

feared someone would say that....cause on my end of understanding changing the image of a creature during battle makes 0 sense...unless its always the same creature shown just different angles, poses or whatever...but if u have different types of creatures shown its kind of awkward...

concerning the scene variety....id even goa s far as to say...give ppl a tool to add scenes themselves and then simply upload the source text here or something like that...in many cases the ppl out there playing a game or in general the consumers have the best ideas....and many brains work better than few alone so..but i guess im asking too much....even though id like to see images on everything in the game...even the own character...but creating image parts and color variations + implementing and bugfixing that would be work for someone not doing this on a free basis

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015

I think a basic setup could be done in the code in the ImageManager.as class.

If these variables are added:

private var lastUsedImageID:String = "";    // Saves the name of the last loaded image
private var lastUsedImage:Image = null;    // Saves the address of the last loaded image

and then the showImageFunction is changed so that it checks to see if the image was loaded previously and uses the address of that one instead, before it picks a random picture.

public function showImage(imageID:String, align:String = "left"):String
        {
            var imageString:String = "";

if (kGAMECLASS.flags[kFLAGS.IMAGEPACK_OFF] > 0) {
                return "";
            }

if (logErrors) trace("showing imageID - ", imageID);
            var imageIndex:int = 0;
            var image:Image = null;
            if (_imageTable[imageID] != undefined)
            {
                // Added IF statement. Will check if the current image to load is the same as the last one.
                if (imageID == lastUsedImageID)
                {
                    image = lastUsedImage; // Sets the requested image to be the same as the last one
                }
                else
                {

lastUsedImageID = imageID //saves the new image ID being requested
                    // More than 1 image? Pick one at random.
                    if (_imageTable[imageID].length > 0)
                    {
                        imageIndex = Math.floor( Math.random() * _imageTable[imageID].length );
                        if (logErrors) trace("Have multiple image possibilities. Displaying image", imageIndex, "selected randomly.");
                        image = _imageTable[imageID][imageIndex];
                        lastUsedImage = image; // Saves the address of the new image being requested
                    }
                }
            }

...rest of the code...

This would work, but would apply to every scene rather than just fights. So if you hung around in camp without doing things that loaded new pictures, you wouldn't get a new random camp image if you had multiples. The harder way would involve editing every single fight scene's image request to notify the manager a fight was happening.

Note: I haven't tested this (couldn't get Flash Develop to work), so take the validity of this code with a grain of salt.

Edit:

It just occured to me. The added IF statement could also contain a check to see if the requested image had the monster keyword in it. That way, it would only  skip randomisation if the image was loaded previously AND had monster in the title, i.e. every fight image.

if (imageID == lastUsedImageID && imageID.indexOf("monster-") >=0)
                {
                    image = lastUsedImage; // Sets the requested image to be the same as the last one
                }

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Ugh...I think -- well, pretty sure actually -- I ate too much at dinner tonight. Good family time though. Good seeing people I hadn't seen in a while, too. Everyone's kids are growing up faster than I can keep track, hell my "little" sister's kid is already 15 months old. Makes me feel...well, old.

Anyways, nothing to do with the Revamp (I know, smite me later), but does anyone happen to have Starbound? Is it worth it to get if I already have Terraria? Someone told me that Starbound's basically Terraria with a few less updates and with a bit more sci-fi themed elements.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Anyways, nothing to do with the Revamp (I know, smite me later), but does anyone happen to have Starbound? Is it worth it to get if I already have Terraria? Someone told me that Starbound's basically Terraria with a few less updates and with a bit more sci-fi themed elements.

Not sure, if something changed since it was released, but Starbound was just-another-pixel-sandbox. Lame controls, lame art style, lame crafting system.

PulseX

Dec 23, 2015
i tried terraria and found it boring...starbound from what ive seen is essentially terraria but with a hub in space aka ur ship and different planets/biomes, basically a terraria with multiple "maps" per game....if its worth ur money is for u to decide but i wont bother getting any of it....my old colleagues kids are hitting 2 this year....i dont think thats a reason to feel old...some ppl are 80+ and dont feel old why should we ?

back to topic, i was wondering...like really wondering....if the was a humane possibility to create code for the different variations of the champion for visual presentation, like...picking each and every different part needed, put it at a fixed location on the screen and then basically the different parts make up the whole champion....if thats too much for this type of script maybe just add a check line for maybe not all but many combinations..u dont have to show every size change of breasts for instance, just lets say 2 sizes per cup or such...and then just add tons of pictiures showing all these variations ?

just a suggestion/thought....cause yea....why not

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
back to topic, i was wondering...like really wondering....if the was a humane possibility to create code for the different variations of the champion for visual presentation, like...picking each and every different part needed, put it at a fixed location on the screen and then basically the different parts make up the whole champion....if thats too much for this type of script maybe just add a check line for maybe not all but many combinations..u dont have to show every size change of breasts for instance, just lets say 2 sizes per cup or such...and then just add tons of pictiures showing all these variations ?

just a suggestion/thought....cause yea....why not

I bet it could be done by loading images and letting them overlap eachother. So each limb image would be the size of the whole character, but everything is transparent except for the limb. You'd have a torso image and a breast image and so on. Then you just stack them all on top of each other like one of those dress up games.