Myrellion Content Discussion (GENERAL)

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Hmmm... I wonder what would happen if some well funded "terrorist" with a experienced xenogeneticist behind him seeded the planet with drugs that turned all Myr into fertile orange herms.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Hmmm... I wonder what would happen if some well funded "terrorist" with a experienced xenogeneticist behind him seeded the planet with drugs that turned all Myr into fertile orange herms.

Nukes go flying as both sides think the other is behind it, and now everyone is orange and dead.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
If you want to try writing it, go ahead. Main writers aren't gonna do anything like that.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Uhh... All the above, plus disable the nukes?
The red myr invade Gildenmere as both sides assume the other did it, and now all of the formerly-gold myr are orange and dead while the formerly-red myr are orange and alive.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
It would create a lot of confusion and blur the lines between gold and red!

StainlessSteele

Apr 18, 2016
It would create a lot of confusion and blur the lines between gold and red!

In what way? It wont do anything to erase or blur the cultural differences, nor blur the horrific war crimes that each side has been subjected to by the other. No part of the problem is physical, aside from the red's venom, and so attacking their physical make up would do nothing to create any kind of peace between the two. It would just piss the whole planet off and probably lead to everyone going back to killing each other.

crushogre

Sep 2, 2015
I think it would be amusing if you neutralized the red venom addictions and the reaction was just, "thanks, but we're quite happy right where we are."

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
You should probably stop thinking of the Myrellion conflict as a racial conflict and more as a cultural or political one. The biological difference between the two sub-species does factor into their various grievances (Red Venom, the Gold Queens), but primarily it is a conflict between a hedonistic oligarchy and a fascist junta.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Theoretically, if the fertility of every gold was awakened at once, what would happen?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Theoretically, if the fertility of every gold was awakened at once, what would happen?

lol I'm gonna guess there that males of both the reds and golds are heavily outnumbered in terms of population. You would need some serious sperm donations from other races in order to meet the demand.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
lol I'm gonna guess there that males of both the reds and golds are heavily outnumbered in terms of population. You would need some serious sperm donations from other races in order to meet the demand.
I'm sure the Kui-Tan and Antanae of the universe are willing to provide.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Gold society collapses as the majority of the race suddenly switches to a form not designed to defend itself. Myr reproductive rates, evolved with the assumption that there are only a small number of queens that handle all of the reproduction, result in an uncontrollable population explosion. With insufficient males to provide for the enormous quantity of queens and their offspring, rampant food and labor shortages ensue. Mass starvation ensures the complete destruction of all societal order, and the reds are easily able to mop up whatever remains.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

The males are already heavily outnumbered, and its not like 1 male can't provide spunk for multiple females. Hell if you use proper sperm storage and administration techniques like farmers use in artificial insemination of cows, you could easily provide jizz for dozens of females (especially considering by how much male myr jizz on average)

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I'm sure the Kui-Tan and Antanae of the universe are willing to provide.

The anatae can't breed with other races without extensive modfiication. Their land grabs are motivated by resources and politics, not (usually) by fucc.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
The anatae can't breed with other races without extensive modfiication. Their land grabs are motivated by resources and politics, not (usually) by fucc.

Also, IIRC, their male arousal is closely tied to the pheromones their species' female produce, so an anat dude fucking alien ladies (or dudes) is already an outlier. The ones we see in the game kinda confirm that by resisting the patented Steele's charm 100%, outside of that one big nob guy in the Brothel that still is more interested in what he sees as dirty ass monogamy fetish + wifuism.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Also, IIRC, their male arousal is closely tied to the pheromones their species' female produce, so an anat dude fucking alien ladies (or dudes) is already an outlier. The ones we see in the game kinda confirm that by resisting the patented Steele's charm 100%, outside of that one big nob guy in the Brothel that still is more interested in what he sees as dirty ass monogamy fetish + wifuism.

They do get aroused by females (or female apparent) of other races, too. That probably isn't clear from their codex, but I definitely wanted to be a pretty randy bunch as well. Races have to be built for the universe they're going to appear in.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Gold society collapses as the majority of the race suddenly switches to a form not designed to defend itself.
That's not true, since that would require them to actually get pregnant for the first time and the vast majority of them won't get anywhere near banging the D. Plus, the actual forms of Gold Queens doesn't imply helplessness, and even though most of their war exploits are probably blown out of proportions or entirely made up by the Gold propaganda machine, the warrior Queens do in fact exist.
Myr reproductive rates, evolved with the assumption that there are only a small number of queens that handle all of the reproduction, result in an uncontrollable population explosion.
That implies that those newly made queens will get to so much as a taste of the D, which isn't all that likely. Remember, many Gold females already are fertile but don't know about that due to never getting the jizz handling privileges. The system just keeps them down.
With insufficient males to provide for the enormous quantity of queens and their offspring, rampant food and labor shortages ensue. Mass starvation ensures the complete destruction of all societal order, and the reds are easily able to mop up whatever remains.
My previous point counters this partially, but on top of that, the Gold Republic seems to have a lot of stability reserves built into their social structure. It just doesn't seem right to assume that if we'll remove the threat of imminent unwinnable war Gold Queens won't be able to keep the situation mostly under control.

They do get aroused by females (or female apparent) of other races, too. That probably isn't clear from their codex, but I definitely wanted to be a pretty randy bunch as well. Races have to be built for the universe they're going to appear in.
My bad. They still manage to be much less overtly sex-crazed and thinking-with-their-genitals, both as a species and as individuals, so they are still cool and different enough that the game needs more of them, sexable or not.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
The War Queen, specifically. Who may or may not be the focus of the upcoming questline.
Yeah, the cool bust I saw while browsing Github was what reminded me of the concept, but I'm pretty sure several NPC's refer to various Queens leading Gold troops to battle.

Nhar Kath

Nov 6, 2016
Anyone can tell me if there is or will be a Myrellion after the bomb goes off?? I loaded an older save to a newr version of the game and Myrellion appears to be a nuclear wasteland aboveground...! Fun thing is that I do not remember anything that included a bomb taking place when I was playing.....

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Anyone can tell me if there is or will be a Myrellion after the bomb goes off?? I loaded an older save to a newr version of the game and Myrellion appears to be a nuclear wasteland aboveground...! Fun thing is that I do not remember anything that included a bomb taking place when I was playing.....

Kara quest 2. There was a nuke option in the base.
Myrellion and the people who was on it are ded now. No turning back now without reloading from an even older save.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Kara quest 2. There was a nuke option in the base.
Myrellion and the people who was on it are ded now. No turning back now without reloading from an even older save.

Across several hundred universes, there exist countless smoldering ruins of Myrellion created not out of malice but ignorance.

I'm amazed people are still getting surprised by Myrellion blowing up, that glitch that prevented it from occurring after pressing the nuke button was ages ago. Do people just not update their games till months later or something?

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Across several hundred universes, there exist countless smoldering ruins of Myrellion created not out of malice but ignorance.

I'm amazed people are still getting surprised by Myrellion blowing up, that glitch that prevented it from occurring after pressing the nuke button was ages ago. Do people just not update their games till months later or something?

Myrellion blowing up because you pressed the nuke button was intended, not a bug. The game even warns you that it might have dire consequences with no to any benefits. Folks just don't seem to read IN A TEXT-BASED ADVENTURE GAME!

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Myrellion blowing up because you pressed the nuke button was intended, not a bug. The game even warns you that it might have dire consequences with no to any benefits. Folks just don't seem to read IN A TEXT-BASED ADVENTURE GAME!

Because they're skipping along and skipping along until they get to the next bit where they put their willy into a bouncy girl. Then when they come back to it they're like ??? A HOLE PLANTE OF BOUNCY GIRLS HAS DISPEARD HOW SO ??? and they urgently need to direct the question to someone.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

I didn't say the nuke button was a bug, what I said was that the consequences of the nuke not occurring because of a bug that was fixed ages ago was still surprising people since they hadn't updated their versions yet to post bug-fix. I fully know and understand that the nuke, and the trap of catching people who don't read, was on purpose.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015