Your Gripes With CoC2

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Why does Nina use the word 'man' in every other sentence in her Wayfort dungeon?

It's really distracting... :confused: She sounds like a teenager from the 90s desperately trying to seem cool, and that's all I can think of now.
I mean, I choose to see her as a psychic valley girl. The fact she's constantly sozzling herself helps a lot.

Who names their kid "Dude"? Hell, what even is Underrail? Some weird fangame for Undertale?
She is a inspired by Undertail character named Dude. An indie CRPG made by a Serbian developer. Great game.

Also, if you played original fallout, remember it is nothing like fallout. It is a combat first ordeal, where build and strategy optimization takes precedent over OGs fallout simplistic turn based affair. It is more inline with playing X-com with one character soloing the entire game. There is not much talking out of confrontation is my point.

The story and lore are great (it needs time to get going though). Buy both DLCs. Play it on easy on your first go.

Last edited:

NinjaTacos

Aug 19, 2023
UK
Well I get this is a matter of opinion, but I found it so distracting, particularly in the intro to the dungeon, so annoying, that I almost gave up on the whole quest.

Admittedly I also can't stand how Miko and Mai's accents are written and ignore them as much as possible as a result. I would personally add "Don't write accents in characters' speech" as a rule to Wsan's writing guide, since it can be really grating.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Well I get this is a matter of opinion, but I found it so distracting, particularly in the intro to the dungeon, so annoying, that I almost gave up on the whole quest.
Different strokes and all that. It's fine by me.
Admittedly I also can't stand how Miko and Mai's accents are written and ignore them as much as possible as a result. I would personally add "Don't write accents in characters' speech" as a rule to Wsan's writing guide, since it can be really grating.
What, you don't like random, thick as bricks Texan accents spelt out phoenetically to indicate loose womanhood? Lol

For you it probably reads like in this image amirite?

Screenshot_20240730-100750_Chrome.jpg

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Okay but, written accents are pretty funny to read:

yooooorkshore.png

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Accents are definitely an acquired taste thing and also def depends on if ya write them well. Can be funny when you wanna have a character that lays it on thick, but can also make things hard to read on the first go. Tho it can help differentiate them in dialogue sometimes. :p
I don't mind them myself, I just find it funny still that fantasy Japan kitsune have a thick Texas southern accent. lol

Reactions: MellowNumel

NinjaTacos

Aug 19, 2023
UK
Different strokes and all that. It's fine by me.

What, you don't like random, thick as bricks Texan accents spelt out phoenetically to indicate loose womanhood? Lol
Didn't recognise them as Texan.

Accents are definitely an acquired taste thing and also def depends on if ya write them well. Can be funny when you wanna have a character that lays it on thick, but can also make things hard to read on the first go. Tho it can help differentiate them in dialogue sometimes. :p
I don't mind them myself, I just find it funny still that fantasy Japan kitsune have a thick Texas southern accent. lol
I think maybe it's a cultural thing too. If you recognise the accent for what they're supposed to be, if you're familiar with the accent being depicted, you can translate it into a voice in your head. For me, being British, I had no idea what the accent was supposed to be (and now do vaguely at best - Texan is like.... Calamity Jane, right?) so it's just confusing, distracting... I skip over trying to translate it phonetically in my head, since I don't recognise what it should sound like, and just find it irritating to read.

Case in point; I actually recognised and (mostly) understood the Glaswegian accent in your image pretty well (though I did not read it half as quickly as it would be spoken). :p

With Hana, Savin established that she also had the same accent as Miko and Mai, then... pretty much left it at that; his use of it in her speech is much more subtle. And, for me, is both characterful and not irritating.

Again, it's only my opinion. But I felt Savin found a better balance than Tobs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emerald

TVGuru

Dec 23, 2015
They're trying to mimic how anime dubs translated characters who had Kansai dialect into sounding southern.

NinjaTacos

Aug 19, 2023
UK
I'm midway through reading a scene with Mai for the first time since having this conversation and... yeah, it makes more sense now. But it's still jarring, since in my imagination none of the characters have American accents.

Subs all the way. :p Don't need out-of-place American accents ruining my anime... (I guess Americans would find it similarly weird if all anime dubs sounded like they were voiced by extras from Doctor Who.)

Last edited:

Blackguard

Wish the game wasn't on patreon or that patreon didn't care about what content would get in. Need a loli wives, family trees that look like a wreathes, and non-con. Also undead girls, really fucked up that vampires are a no go.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Wish the game wasn't on patreon or that patreon didn't care about what content would get in. Need a loli wives, family trees that look like a wreathes, and non-con. Also undead girls, really fucked up that vampires are a no go.
Q.) What's the "banned" content in this game?
A.) Much like mainline productions here, some subject matter is prohibited in CoC2 - however, it is a slightly different list. Among this is any form of sexual depiction or content of minors, as well as the fetishes and kinks concerning scat, watersports, vore, gore and necrophilia. In addition, because CoC2 is funded by patreon, any hard incest - ie, direct nuclear family relations - is considered out as well. In addition, for the sake of content consistency, the player character cannot undergo any transformations they take them away from a humanoid shape, IE they can't be a centaur. (There can be centaurs! Just not you.)

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
A wife that either is, or looks like an underage girl. So yeah.... Not exactly something one should proudly declare they're into unless they want to look frankly disgusting.
Nope absolutely not. One of the mods for the original CoC have that.. not sure how they got away with that.

Reactions: Aurastrasza

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
To be honest, I don't think most people view fucking a vampire as fucking a corpse.
It's def a semantics thing, if anything it's fucking an undead.
Sure a (usually sexy) reanimated corpse, but the person is technically dead by our standards there. But regardless, it's iirc why the one defined vampire we do have is a cumpire and not a regular one. Kitsune are also essentially Vampires (in that they drain life force/vitality as a primary way to feed), though without the undead aspect.

Last edited:
Reactions: MellowNumel