Your Gripes With CoC2

War Demon

May 24, 2020
Hell
I am sure there's plenty of deeds that could be added or touched on, but I think the party expansion was already 300 pages of text
Yeah, that's true plus there's so many other things. That we've done it probably take the entire party to list them all. It just seems since you can just pull the Dawnsword out. Activate it in case they doubt you just seemed like it'd make you more believable. At least story wise, but for the people writing the story and doing the coding no.

I'll always respect what the writers decide to do, because I tried doing a TF submission. Just doing that was tiring what Savin, The Observer, and Etc. do is far more. So, if I ever come here and gripe about something I just picture this, like a group therapy session you know. "Ok now that I bitched about that I feel better", maybe it might help others feel validated if they think the same way.

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Small gripe but in the Introduce Companion talk with King Kelsaz, Kiyoko really should be an option. She is a high noble after all and the liege of a polity.

Reactions: Ultra Chad

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Small gripe but in the Introduce Companion talk with King Kelsaz, Kiyoko really should be an option. She is a high noble after all and the liege of a polity.
I am sure there's some way she could interact, but I think doing so from the position of a high noble and especially as the liege of a polity would be inappropriate for her (meaning she wouldn't do it, because it would be inappropriate). She's given up her position (or will, if she hasn't done that scene yet with you), and divested herself of claims to the 'throne' or her clan's throne. For her to interact in that capacity would likely be viewed as a threat from the current clan leaders that she's entreating or otherwise diplomacizing with other foreign powers. Etheryn notwithstanding, since she's a traveling companion.

That said, I am sure there would be a way to have her introduced or some scene that wasn't based on her station, even a Kitsuhon dance or a instrument/song demonstration (I haven't done the scene, so I don't know the atmosphere) or just some polite conversation.

Just my opinion on the 'liege of a polity' part, not saying there's anything wrong with wanting to be able to show off your foxy lady.

Reactions: Alliebutt

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I asked the writer pool if they wanted to, Tobs didn't have any response for Kiyo, so ¯\(ツ)

Reactions: rkinght5

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I would've enjoyed it if we could've introduced/talked to other party members too. ATM, the only ones with interesting dialogue options are Cait, Etheryn and Arona. The latter's interactions w/ the Orc Chef are pretty funny. Etheryn talking with the king as high confidence queen is a great character moment. And Cait's convo with her dad is enlightening since it tells us about somebody leaving a pretty deliberate gap in the city's defences for people to slip through which is not suspcious at all.

Reactions: ForeverLurker

Divil Fox

Jan 25, 2024
I just want more canine girls (dog/wolf). In my experience, catgirls appear to outnumber most other kinds of animal people in erotic media and I’ve become kind of numb (heh) to them.

Reactions: Ultra Chad

Tamsee

Mar 2, 2018
Overall more lupines of both sexes you can talk to would be nice to see. For a race native to the Marches they honestly feel like a minority at times.

Reactions: Arai and Ultra Chad

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
As long as they have human adjecent dicks. I love June, but doggy pricks just look weird to me.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I am just not fan of non human cocks. Both Brint and Berwyn would be much more appealing to me if they had human cocks.

But on your point, I think people just think bull cocks are weird looking. Which is why they get designated stalion equipment.

PS -- speaking on minotaurs, where are my northern Minotaur women at?

PSS: COCKS!

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
Which is why they get designated stalion equipment.
They still haved human half to choose though.
But we talking about Savin *wink, sooo yeah, there's never been a choice here to begin with.

Don't get me wrong please, it turned out great. I just find that funny.

Last edited:

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I get that it is a joke, but, like, this is an alternative universe. You did not need to keep it, heh.

Reactions: Arai

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
The Physique system is still screwed up. One of my characters has 0 thickness but is still considered overweight. The devs changed it from the TiTs system years ago and it still baffles me. The TiTs physique system was understandable, but I have no clue on how it works in CoCII.

Reactions: Malidica

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Wish we could toggle who we can summon at the Wayfort for the Flame Dancer and Flame Knight, either one, the other or both. Instead of summoning both when you only want to play with one.

Reactions: Kesil

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Crackle Powder should have its ranged weapon restriction removed. Every power that you can have which deals storm damage (ignoring leananstones, which still use willpower for the calculation) use spellpower to deal damage. There are very few weapons that deal storm damage, and of the 5 (6 if you count the Spiraled Blade), all but one is a catalyst (The Skypiercer). If you're using a Gimble Gyre or Metal Rod, you're probably already either a spellcaster or a half-caster. Crackle Powder should be power everyone can access, especially since grease is usable by everyone.

And yes, I am aware that stunned is technically stronger than prone, because both prevent action but stunned also lowers your resistances. However, Grease boosts fire damage, a damage type which can be dealt by every companion except for Arona, Atugia, and Brint (if you don't genderbend him into Brienne). Storm damage can be dealt by Atugia's second set. And maybe other companions if you bring Song of Storms (which falls into the category of spellpower-based abilities).

So sure, Crackle Powder has a slightly stronger status effect, but in context of the game, it's weaker than grease even if you could use both simply because you can't have your team as a whole take advantage of the damage vulnerability. If you want to be a storm mage you're stuck with the metal wand (because the Gimble Gyre isn't useful for pure casters) purely because of Crackle Powder. And hell, if you want to be a storm warrior, using the Storm Glaive and sweeping around the field, you can't get one of the more useful debuffs for storm damage characters just because you're melee. Crackle Powder's restrictions are pretty much unnecessary, and I think it's detrimental.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
The Lesson Quest for Kinu and Kiyoko. I hate the way it's worded at the end because it makes it seem like your leaving the Dream, but then gives you all the normal Kiyoko options. It's just awkward. Either change it so Kiyoko asks you what else you wish to do or something along the lines, or make it an auto eject after the quest completes. ... Does anyone else just Leave the dream after the quest?

probehuntress

Oct 9, 2020
the corruption meter feels like a ui aesthetic more than a game mechanic. it could affect gear, perks, abilities, enemy/companion hostility, any other mechanic really. i was on the wiki and am confused why the list of what it changes is so short. corruption is in the title im puzzled

Soulsderfuchs

May 17, 2022
Theres is actually gear locked to corruption both high and low but it's so lackluster it might aswell not be a thing

Soulsderfuchs

May 17, 2022
I'm saying the option for both it's very lackluster right now to even be considered if anything there should be more thematic sets to choose from that use the mechanic from both ends of the spectrum

What we currently have

Low Corruption
-Sanctified Gladius
-Dawnsword

High Corruption
-Girthy Rod
-Lureling's Eye
-Corrupted Dawnsword

and that's it.

Tony_Redgrave

Dec 11, 2021
I'm saying the option for both it's very lackluster right now to even be considered if anything there should be more thematic sets to choose from that use the mechanic from both ends of the spectrum

What we currently have

Low Corruption
-Sanctified Gladius
-Dawnsword

High Corruption
-Girthy Rod
-Lureling's Eye
-Corrupted Dawnsword

and that's it.
For real. Would love more edgy Dark Knight corrupted powers etc

Knife-wielding Crab

Dec 25, 2017
I can't talk about corruption on how it affects gameplay and combat, but I can talk about corruption as in corrupting NPC's.

Writing corruption for a character is a sort of catch-22 and it's hard to explain. First of all; where do you start?

You could create a character with the sole purpouse for corruption. But that makes the corruption less impactful since there really isn't any other choice, and the pre-corruption content will be shallow, thus impacting the rest character negatively.

The other option is to create a character with a pure path and a corrupt path. This essentially means you're creating two different NPCs with all the glorious scope creep that comes with it. If it was done for every NPC in the game, development would come to a grinding halt since it would double the workload.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I can't talk about corruption on how it affects gameplay and combat, but I can talk about corruption as in corrupting NPC's.

Writing corruption for a character is a sort of catch-22 and it's hard to explain. First of all; where do you start?

You could create a character with the sole purpouse for corruption. But that makes the corruption less impactful since there really isn't any other choice, and the pre-corruption content will be shallow, thus impacting the rest character negatively.

The other option is to create a character with a pure path and a corrupt path. This essentially means you're creating two different NPCs with all the glorious scope creep that comes with it. If it was done for every NPC in the game, development would come to a grinding halt since it would double the workload.
Yeah, Corruption is hard to do. Arguably the best way to do it is something liks Slay the Princess where it's a single character changing and taking on a variety of different forms.

Reactions: MagicGal

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
Yeah, Corruption is hard to do. Arguably the best way to do it is something liks Slay the Princess where it's a single character changing and taking on a variety of different forms.
Very nice example, that also has the bonus effect creating attachment on the player's side because they are with one Npc but they get to have multiple aspects of that npc to explore. But Slay the Princes also works because she has the PC to bounce off, remember the PC has personilties that give context, info, talk and argue with themselves and her.

Does it really have to be two characters? I think you don't need to write them as different ppl but have the same values and wants expressed in extermes.
Let's say MagicGal is a girl thats Instrospective, loves to read, loves to take walk along the coastline she lives, has a longing for company, and is a bit shy about sex but willing to please.
To me a corrupted version of her would want still love her books but the content might become more exterme (from romance novels to BDSM manuals and how to get stretched guides), she'll walk along the coast but she'll do it naked and try to get attention her way, a lot more confident in showing her sexuality and gets off on knowing you're getting off from her. Introspection is still there but her thought process is perverted.
But writing that character as different ppl isn't wrong either as it can be quite interesting, like a Doctor Jeckle and Mr Hyde.

teawolf

Jan 30, 2024
Very nice example, that also has the bonus effect creating attachment on the player's side because they are with one Npc but they get to have multiple aspects of that npc to explore. But Slay the Princes also works because she has the PC to bounce off, remember the PC has personilties that give context, info, talk and argue with themselves and her.

Does it really have to be two characters? I think you don't need to write them as different ppl but have the same values and wants expressed in extermes.
Let's say MagicGal is a girl thats Instrospective, loves to read, loves to take walk along the coastline she lives, has a longing for company, and is a bit shy about sex but willing to please.
To me a corrupted version of her would want still love her books but the content might become more exterme (from romance novels to BDSM manuals and how to get stretched guides), she'll walk along the coast but she'll do it naked and try to get attention her way, a lot more confident in showing her sexuality and gets off on knowing you're getting off from her. Introspection is still there but her thought process is perverted.
But writing that character as different ppl isn't wrong either as it can be quite interesting, like a Doctor Jeckle and Mr Hyde.
When Crab says a "second" character, it's not a DIFFERENT character, necessarily, a la DJ&H, but talking about the amount of work that goes into writing those different scenes. Scope creep is still an issue. The reason SLP is a good example is because of the limited number of characters in question--and that, alone, has something like 20 different endings?

No argument that it's an extremely fun and rewarding mechanic. It's just out of scope for most NPCs, much less the PC, due to the size of COC2. There are some NPCs who will get corrupted content, though; it's definitely an interest of some writers, it's just not in the cards that it'll be more than a few.