[WIP] Species + Storyline draft

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Alright fellers, allow me to start this off by stating that this is in no way a submission (though the title probably should have made that clear).

So over the past few days I've spent a good bit of my free time writing down content for an idea I had whilst playing TiTS. As I was writing everything down, this idea kept growing and growing, until I had three custom characters, an entire new species + codex entry, and a story line for one of the characters typed out with possible dialogue already thought of. So now I would like to ask any who are willing to spend some of their time reading and looking over my first rough draft, to give me some feedback regarding matters such as whether or not things cohere to the existing lore, whether you think the current plot and characters are interesting, and if there are things I could/should add or change.

The document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BGYAGBqsYqRoOf1x5iBM4dAOHWqZv_v4A1UgvTcm3jc/edit?usp=sharing

In a brief summary, the document contains information on the Cardaeth, a species of bird-like mammals who went extinct after an asteroid collided with their planet. However, as you might expect, one of the Cardaeth survived the collision by some cosmic coincidence (which I will leave unspoiled for now). The storyline thus follows Steele in his attempts to help this survivor cope with the fact that he's (probably) the only one of his kind left.

Finally, I have a question for any of the TiTS staff and/or people who have written content that was accepted into TiTS (though if you are not part of the mentioned parties but do have a valid and confirmed answer, feel free to participate as well): in a thread started by @Magic Ted , he mentioned that it was preferable to have the document self-edited. This may just be my inexperience writing content for games, but what exactly does this phrase refer to?

I thank any who take the time to either answer my question or give feedback to my current work.

Fickle Zed

Nov 5, 2017
in a thread started by @Magic Ted , he mentioned that it was preferable to have the document self-edited. This may just be my inexperience writing content for games, but what exactly does this phrase refer to?
He means editing as in the process of proofreading, correcting, making critical judgement of, and finalizing a written work to be published. The tasks that in, many published works, are typically handled by an editor.

Reactions: Miakoda