[WIP] Lynnette, the Dropship Pilot

Is Lynnette interesting enough to you at the moment?

• Yes, continue fleshing her out.

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Nope, you should torch it.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Salamander

Feb 21, 2017
Hiya all. So, I'm relatively new here, though that should be obvious and this is my first attempt to write for the game. Although, I have dabbled a little at trying my hand with fan fiction, but not on this site. Before I created this forum handle I had a few TiTS related dreams involving a potential character that I couldn't get out of my head. I ended up writing the bits I could remember clearly while over time filling in the things I couldn't quite recall and now I've got a little over one thousand words. I do realize that is a bit of a ways off from that bare minimum, but it's just notes at this point. All of that is various descriptions of her as well as clothing, some background history, her personal stick, the larger vessel of which she is a crewmember... etc. etc.

The character is --- Lynnette Thayer --- a normal human woman ( though her race varied in a couple dreams ), a dropship pilot and flight operations officer to a larger ship and another fellow planet rusher. She would currently be on Tarkus right now after a few pirates decided to dance with an old, out of date, former navy warship. She's an only child with a fair amount of cousins, has rather disciplined but loving parents and a family legacy that she's done her best to live up to so far. She tries to keep a good natured relationship with the crew of her stick and her own bailwick of flight ops. Her personality is warm, though kind of mischievous and playful once one has gotten pass her professionalism and tough exterior.

I did venture a little into ship creation but it's pretty much just designation and classification names.

Here's the Doc for taking a look at what I have currently: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CUHpSxxjBa3iPxHzdDMnkTxQ2KTzhbv07aL1cAXuAqg/edit?usp=drivesdk

Thank you in advance for any comments, suggestions or criticism.

Last edited:

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
As many people have told me before when writing my first project, don't try to gauge interest on a project you want to work on, but rather, in the words of Shia Lebouf, "JUST DO IT! DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS!" (Thanks @NotYouNorI for that wonderful advice!) Just write what you feel like, and if it's good enough, people will come (cum)(thanks again for that silly play on words) to like it and help you along! She seems solid so far so just keep going if you can and see where we go from there!

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
As many people have told me before when writing my first project, don't try to gauge interest on a project you want to work on, but rather, in the words of Shia Lebouf, "JUST DO IT! DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS!" (Thanks @NotYouNorI for that wonderful advice!) Just write what you feel like, and if it's good enough, people will come (cum)(thanks again for that silly play on words) to like it and help you along! She seems solid so far so just keep going if you can and see where we go from there!
Thank you for spreading the glorious message of the Lebouf even when I'm too tired and haven't read through the whole gdoc and therefore can't appreciate this idea in it's to date entirety. :p

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
Thank you for spreading the glorious message of the Lebouf even when I'm too tired and haven't read through the whole gdoc and therefore can't appreciate this idea in it's to date entirety. :p
No problem! I felt it his words were most appropriate in this situation with this character literally being a dream character of the OP's :D

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
So far it startedc well (much of things that will be put ingame later on but for now serving as guide points when you continue writing). Like Lykn or NYNI I would probaly sign under Just Do It phase. Just not try be too greedy to make bigger plnas than your stomach (or it was smth along this lines). So if you not mind question: where you plan to take your npc too... or rather what would she have in store when PC interacting with her?

Reactions: Salamander

Salamander

Feb 21, 2017
I am rather liking the Just Do It approach of this forum compared to others when a new member has an idea. As to your question and hopefully I understand what you're asking Ormael...

My thoughts on that are: when the PC is interacting with my npc, they'll find she isn't the easy sort of lady. She still has the mindset, that was drilled into her by her family and the Navy, that her actions reflect upon the reputation of herself, the crew and the ship as a whole. So, she is going to make the PC work for her affection. That said, she will likely be more open to the PC being female or herm, though she won't turn a guy PC away. She would have a few drinks and talk with them for a while kind of thing.

I've been having a bit of an issue trying to pin down the First Appearance of my npc since I can't seem to make headway on whether she is sitting alone, or with her flight crew or if there's a gathering of the pilots from the ship. Since I ran into trouble there I set that aside and went to work on something obliquely related to her, just so I could wrap my head around something else. I also have a few names for some of the other crewmembers in Flight Ops and some tentative ones for Bridge officers.

Reactions: Ormael

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yeah that what I meant when asking on direction you want take the interactions with this npc. Would there be any big event at the end of line for affection grinding?

Salamander

Feb 21, 2017
I'm not quite sure if it's a big event but thinking that the first noteworthy event may be a late dinner in what passes for a Galley on the npc's dropship. Although, the PC would likely be sleeping in the extra crew bunk if they choose to stay aboard after dinner. Following that dinner, the next time the PC sees my npc there will likely be a couple more things to talk about.

I think anyway, it's hard to kind of pin this all down with the headache I ended up getting yesterday still lingering. Apologies.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Looks like a fine set of ideas so far. A few recommendations, though; I would dash the idea of her personal ship entirely, or at least outside of a lip service mention. It adds another level of complexity which, really, isn't necessary for the character's interactions. You don't need to go onto her ship and then describe this place that will only show up in her scenes, potentially only sex scenes. If you're set on using that as a backdrop, by all means, but I believe it'd cut out a fair amount of glut-work.

Beyond that, you could potentially tie her in somehow. If she's gonna pop in after the events on Tarkus, she could be an active duty "police" pilot or a Steele tech pilot, for the Tether/Deck respectively. (Although being a Steele tech pilot might mean she would only appear if you pick the respective choice during the conclusion of the Deck, though that isn't necessarily bad.) It would let you fit her into the scenario easily and, if you choose to do expansions in the future, might give her an excuse to pop up elsewhere. (Such as the space prison, for the "police" example.)

Just thoughts.

Salamander

Feb 21, 2017
Looks like a fine set of ideas so far. A few recommendations, though; I would dash the idea of her personal ship entirely, or at least outside of a lip service mention. It adds another level of complexity which, really, isn't necessary for the character's interactions. You don't need to go onto her ship and then describe this place that will only show up in her scenes, potentially only sex scenes. If you're set on using that as a backdrop, by all means, but I believe it'd cut out a fair amount of glut-work.

I do understand the reasoning behind this particular recommendation. Although, I'm not quite sure about it, something about her backstory that I didn't write into the Document for some reeason, I think. I'll put some thought into it though and contemplate the pros and cons.

Beyond that, you could potentially tie her in somehow. If she's gonna pop in after the events on Tarkus, she could be an active duty "police" pilot or a Steele tech pilot, for the Tether/Deck respectively. (Although being a Steele tech pilot might mean she would only appear if you pick the respective choice during the conclusion of the Deck, though that isn't necessarily bad.) It would let you fit her into the scenario easily and, if you choose to do expansions in the future, might give her an excuse to pop up elsewhere. (Such as the space prison, for the "police" example.)

Just thoughts.

Believe it or not, I was thinking about something exactly along these lines, but wasn't sure how well it would be received!

For example: The Vigilant Sentinel is down for repairs after a few pirates decided to try their luck and repairs will put the ship in orbit around Tarkus for a month or more. My npc could be on some sort of roster the Peacekeepers use for former Navy pilots and be approached by someone, perhaps Sgt. Decker. Or taking that potential idea that my npc could have worked for Steele Tech in the past, maybe Doctor Anno Dorna would hire her on a pro-tem basis; perhaps for some close exterior looks at the Nova or something along those lines. Until the Stellar Tether incident or Deck 13 comes to completion...

Reactions: NotYouNorI

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Part of pitching your idea is, ultimately, getting a green light, so don't fret when it comes to intermingling with other characters.

Tacit

Creator
Jul 5, 2016
This sounds interesting and I'd be willing to help any way I can.