[WIP] Let's make a deal! (Dong Designer Upgrade Event)

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
     I've heard multiple times that the Dong Designer has an upgrade, but it can't be implemented due to there being no event to get the upgrade. So I figured that if I want a tentacle plant dick, I'll need to work for said dick.

I'm going to attempt to write the event where the player can obtain the upgrade.

I'm mainly making this thread to inform, get Ideas, and save a space for the actual submission. I have the piece outlined and obviously plan to write, or attempt to write, the submission. I'd also Like to know if something like this would be possible to implement.

Here's the idea of the event:

After finding the Dong Designer on Tarkus you'll be able to go to Shekka's in Novahome and if choosing "buy" there will be a new option available. A familiar looking piece of equipment, on its side "Dong Designer Deluxe" is imprinted into the metal. After inspecting it Shekka will tell you someone came by and put a small down payment on the item and will be returning shortly to complete the transaction. 

I have no Idea at this moment if this person should be a Male, Herm, or Dickgirl, I could probably do a poll on that.

At this point you're given to option to leave, returning you to the shop menu, or wait for the buyer.

If you choose to wait the buyer will appear and some in-game time will have passed. After the description of the buyer and a short bit of dialogue between the buyer and Shekka, you will have the option to interrupt the deal, or leave.

If you choose to interrupt the buyer will give you an option to buy the upgrade for several thousand more credits than what they are paying for it, at this point you'll be given the following options:

Intimidate - A physique check, you scare the buyer into backing off, allowing you to buy the upgrade from Shekka for the original price.

Convince - An intelligence check, you convince the buyer that the upgrade is not worth it, allowing you to buy the upgrade from Shekka for the original price.

Buyout - Take the buyer's offer.

Fight! - Brawl with the buyer for the upgrade. (This might not be an option, don't think anyone would take to kindly to people fighting in their shop, possibly shadow the buyer after the transaction)

Sex - Fuck. (Probably won't be an option, selling several thousand credit's worth of equipment for a quickie seems a little far-fetched, maybe a blowjob or something for a discount on the buyer's offer.)

If you are able to use any of these options the upgrade will be yours.

I'll probably need to make a second document for implementation of the upgrade into the one already on the ship.

Let me know what you think, not sure how long this will take to write, as well as format the code correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
After finding the Dong Designer on Tarkus you'll be able to go to Aurora's Emporium in Novahome and if choosing "look around" there will be a new option available. A familiar looking piece of equipment, on its side "Dong Designer Deluxe" is imprinted into the metal. After inspecting it Aurora will tell you someone came by and put a small down payment on the item and will be returning shortly to complete the transaction. 

Bad OP! Bad! Ted will have your hide for involving Batkid with sex shop trade, while people like Etis and I will bitch at you for making her unbelievably oblivious. Change to Shekka, bunny kobolds need more love.

I'd also suggest transferring this topic to 'Ideas' subsection until you'll get this bad boy rolling, since all of the other things you listed can and should be done there.

Edit: a couple of actually semi-useful suggestions:

1) Intimiadation and Fighting should both be options, but they better take place outside of the shop, with PC shadowing the buyer and approaching them in one of Novahome's less inhabited corridors.

2) Aside from convincing or giving money to the guy(as a side note, my vote is for a dude-customer), I'd suggest giving the player an option to convince Shekka with money or a combination of money and sex that being on Captain Steele's side is worth one pissed off customer. Maybe make her more lenient towards the PC if they have already sold to her or given her the Tarkus probe after retrieving the coordinates.

3) Sex option can be more believable by if you make Steele pay for the inconvinience and still give the actual cost of the item to the dude.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Mess with Ted's batkid is the worst idea ever, your just asking for ted to take his banhammer and ramming the stick end up your ass. If anyone ever wanted to use batkid for something they are writing they'd probably have to ask Ted's permission to use the character.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Is it wrong of me to bring up the dickgirl who does the Dong Designer Videos? Buyer in a box if you ask me. Also makes an argument for why you might choose NOT to win the upgrade.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Glad this is finally becoming a thing, but Aurora is Ted's domain.  Sheka is a safer option.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Thanks for the ideas everyone, wasn't sure about Aurora, but now I know.

Anyway I guess I'll get this transferred to Ideas until something has been written up.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Well I certainly like the idea, but I guess it should cost something no matter what you manage to pull off, except MAYBE a pretty hard fight (that probably would have to take place outside). Simple strength check for intimidation seems too easy, since you can easily max that at the gym, maybe include willpower or tone stat as an additional req.

EDIT: I voted for male, simply cause dickgirl sounds way too breasty to qualify as my personal kind of trap

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
I've reached an impass, it looks like the general consensus is male, but I have no Idea what the buyer should be.

I know a lot of people in this community enjoy traps, that could be an option.

Giant macho man?

ALIEN?

Too many options with this game's setting.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Go with your guts, write whatever option you find sexier or more interesting. If you really are ok with writing for any sort of male character and just want to be sure what people around here want, just add another poll to the OP. Although many will be quick to remind you that forum dwellers are a loud and visible minority and they don't represent the nabulous majority of the Fengames audience.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Little tiny update, I've decided on how I'm going to go about the rest of writing this, as well as the gender and species of our buyer. Of course this will all lead to only the poorly-written skeleton of what needs to be well-written and formatted. 

I took Nik's advice and went with my gut, so everyone's getting a Simii dickgirl. I feel like it'll be easier to write a character if I'm "into" them. The whole Modded Simii thing will be explained in one of the scenes. There will be an intimidation and fight scene that can take place after a "shadow" option is chosen. The sex scene is also probably going in to. I had intended to write out a little character sheet/description of the buyer for the event and upload it along with what I have written already, but I got sidetracked playing Pulsar for about 5 hours.

I also feel like I want to flesh out our buyer character more somehow, maybe a future submission or something. 

Anyway, thanks again for all the suggestions, hopefully I'll be able to get a google doc up soon for you all to look at.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
There should be a Shekka's your bitch and owe you her everything option to fiat get it.     In kinder terms.  

You do stop them from blowing up the planet  and can dump like 20k worth of merchandise on her for free when that translate to direct quality of life.