[WiP] Lapine, a rabbit-folk race

Jul 24, 2018
I apologize ahead of time if it's not acceptable to post WiP's of races. But I plan on working on this and building encounters and world building with the race.

I wanted to see the general feedback though before I continue forward with it, anything that might be needed? adjusted? Something doesn't settle, right?

Here is a link to the general sheet for my Lapine.

Commenting/Suggesting should be on.

If it looks good I'll start working on encounters and such involving them. (I'm gonna work on other encounters involving other creatures as well.)

Jul 24, 2018
None in the CoC2 format/style. (As in I haven't written them out for scenes, any lapine or bunny-folk i've written were for stories/dnd/assortment of other things.)

I got ideas for scenes involving quite a many of Lapines.

Last edited:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
First thing I'd recommend is organizing it into the proper template for codex entries. There should be a couple of them floating around to give you an idea, but the rule of thumb is that species pitches and stuff should be in that.

You also can't "lock" a species until it's made; so if you wanted to do them like this, you'd need to submit and get someone/something approved that is this.

Edit: I should also point out that this may lead to confusion as they're very similar to the rabbits of FoE; it'd be really cool to see them diversified from that sort of aspect further, personally, and taken in a more interesting direction if you're going to do these buns.

Reactions: Zavos
Jul 24, 2018
@BubbleLord
I'll add a codex version.

Also while I never played FoE It wouldn't surprise me if there are similarities as this is me porting official rabbit-folk in.
The main thing I want to say about that is, while originality is always good with variation, sometimes you have to remember that originality is not always the best option.
So far none of the races I've witnessed in this game are too drastically different outside of maybe having a sexual part or two that's more to its own from other areas of literature/games.

Coc1's Bunny race was a egg implanter that was extremely.. (I'm sorry I hated it?) I didn't find it enjoyable to the bunny people aesthetic as she was just.. bleh.

If I do add variations/ unique aspects It'll be to transform them into Spirit Hare-folk or Jack-Rabbit folk.

Spirit Hares would be abnormal albino rabbits that have an immense spiritual presence in a sense, (Idk how I'd translate that into CoC exactly, spell casters and such?)

Jack-Rabbit folk , think horned bunny people that would be tribal instead of burrowers.

Both of these I was planning to add as "variations" to the base Lapine as well I should state. This is just general basic Lapine. But I wanted to create different variations that would allow them to live in different biomes or give unique encounters if you traveled to a new area and experienced them.

Also is there an official "add it to the codex" guide? I was trying to find it in the writer's guide but I was unable to so I just went with a format similar to how I found others writing about their races.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018
I might also do the Spirit hares as a 100% enemy encounter that could be driven into a madness of silence and solitude. Hares with still, dead eyes that gaze upon the landscape without any form of passion. Unlike their brethren.
Idk, I got a separate idea sheet on my computer but I've never been the type that likes showing the rough idea sheet as its a mess.

Reactions: GothPastel

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
@BubbleLord
I'll add a codex version.

Also while I never played FoE It wouldn't surprise me if there are similarities as this is me porting official rabbit-folk in.
The main thing I want to say about that is, while originality is always good with variation, sometimes you have to remember that originality is not always the best option.
So far none of the races I've witnessed in this game are too drastically different outside of maybe having a sexual part or two that's more to its own from other areas of literature/games.

Coc1's Bunny race was a egg implanter that was extremely.. (I'm sorry I hated it?) I didn't find it enjoyable to the bunny people aesthetic as she was just.. bleh.

If I do add variations/ unique aspects It'll be to transform them into Spirit Hare-folk or Jack-Rabbit folk.

Spirit Hares would be abnormal albino rabbits that have an immense spiritual presence in a sense, (Idk how I'd translate that into CoC exactly, spell casters and such?)

Jack-Rabbit folk , think horned bunny people that would be tribal instead of burrowers.

Both of these I was planning to add as "variations" to the base Lupine as well I should state. This is just general basic Lupine. But I wanted to create different variations that would allow them to live in different biomes or give unique encounters if you traveled to a new area and experienced them.

Also is there an official "add it to the codex" guide? I was trying to find it in the writer's guide but I was unable to so I just went with a format similar to how I found others writing about their races.
I'm assuming you mean Lapine. Lupine are the wolf/dog furry race.

AnnieChuFu

Jul 25, 2018
None in the CoC2 format/style. (As in I haven't written them out for scenes, any lapine or bunny-folk i've written were for stories/dnd/assortment of other things.)

I got ideas for scenes involving quite a many of Lapines.
while i know this is just the outline/sketch of the race, i feel like additional background on their history would really add more depth of the race.