[WIP] Briget Reproduction Services Expansion

Dec 6, 2017
Here.
Hello, folks, I've gotten the go ahead from Savin to write some content for Briget, the gynoid head nurse of the nursery on Tavros Station. This expansion will hopefully offer the opportunity to store sperm and eggs in the nursery as a safeguard. Briget will also be able to implant eggs and carry them to term with her artificial womb. Additional features may be made available. Please let me know any ideas you have for scenes you would want included for Briget.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y0QHSvYT6dOfstrX-TnEWqVlHoJ1KyW-meXs1YtQPo4/edit?usp=sharing

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Looks like an interesting concept in general. Though I would suggest to make sure that the PC shouldn't be able to donate both halves of the equation with their own material by default. As that seems like the sort of thing one should only be able to do once for a unique kid that would probably have a couple of other ways of obtaining.

Also a way to speed up her pregnancy times would also be nice. What use is a surrogate that takes 10 times as long to have the kid as Steele can with sufficient modding.

Dec 6, 2017
Here.
Looks like an interesting concept in general. Though I would suggest to make sure that the PC shouldn't be able to donate both halves of the equation with their own material by default. As that seems like the sort of thing one should only be able to do once for a unique kid that would probably have a couple of other ways of obtaining.

Also a way to speed up her pregnancy times would also be nice. What use is a surrogate that takes 10 times as long to have the kid as Steele can with sufficient modding.
Fair point. Haven't worked out how to set pregnancy lengths, but I figure it'll amount to having a set time for how long Briget pregnancies last. Probably 30-60 days.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
That's probably fine.

Also if you're up for more flavor type stuff, letting the player choose how much tinkering with the kid's genetics like the space prison allows for would be interesting.

Dec 6, 2017
Here.
That's probably fine.

Also if you're up for more flavor type stuff, letting the player choose how much tinkering with the kid's genetics like the space prison allows for would be interesting.
True, but I'm also not trying to make this much more complicated that it's already bound to be. As it is, I'll try to support 3 or 4 races of donors.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
True, but I'm also not trying to make this much more complicated that it's already bound to be. As it is, I'll try to support 3 or 4 races of donors.
As i said, it's a flavor thing. Doesn't actually do anything mechanically.

Captain Kiera

Jan 29, 2017
I've been wanting more Briget content for a long time, so this project has me really excited. Hope you'll add some fluff content as well,some scenes bonding with Briget would be nice and pregcare is really hot. Wish you the best of luck writing this.

Reactions: Twin Flare Tails

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I'm excited for this expansion to Bridget's content, though I do have one concern about it: Namely that if one picks both donor sperm and eggs, the babies aren't yours at all, which means they don't qualify for living in the Nursery.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I'm excited for this expansion to Bridget's content, though I do have one concern about it: Namely that if one picks both donor sperm and eggs, the babies aren't yours at all, which means they don't qualify for living in the Nursery.
Huh. I never really thought about that. But what about getting egged? How would those kids share any DNA with Steele?

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Huh. I never really thought about that. But what about getting egged? How would those kids share any DNA with Steele?

From what I understand, some oviposition types do get affected by Steele's DNA, but it depends on the circumstances. Like whether or not Steele has been fertilizing the eggs before getting them implanted in them.

Dec 6, 2017
Here.
I'm attempting to implement a parser which changes some dialogue to account for what Steele considers Briget to be. I will continue to add to the list as the project goes on, but I'd appreciate it if anyone wanted to offer some of their own devising. Likewise, if there are any you absolutely think shouldn't be on there, please let me know. Thank you for your continued interest and participation.

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
Love the parser idea, but feel like it's going to need a little finessing. A not-insignificant portion of the fanbase will want to have a romantic relationship WHILE considering Briget their mother, so maybe this should be broken into two or three variables, such as [briget.closeness], (containing Nurse, Mommy, the distant Don't Care role and Baby-mama) and [briget.sexy], (Nurse being either Professional or Sexy, Mommy being outwardly Chaste or Sexual, Don't Care as either Appliance or Bitch, and Baby-mama as Surrogate or Lover), determining your sexual/romantic inclinations. This no doubt will make things complicated but will satisfy a wide variety of roleplaying niches, and I am willing to throw large amounts of time and effort and low to moderate amounts of money towards this end.

Unrelated to the parser, but if half-'nuki is going to be an option we are going to have to (potentially) create a generic PC Kui-Tan Pregnancy and definitely create child blurbs. Is Artifical Insemination of the PC's womb going to be an option or is that just Too Much?

QuietCoyote

Aug 12, 2017
if it's a parser used for special naming schemes, just keep it consistent. Frosty's content does pretty much that exact thing, so it can't be too much trouble

Dec 6, 2017
Here.
Unrelated to the parser, but if half-'nuki is going to be an option we are going to have to (potentially) create a generic PC Kui-Tan Pregnancy and definitely create child blurbs. Is Artifical Insemination of the PC's womb going to be an option or is that just Too Much?

I was unaware half-nuki wasn't in yet. In that case, I'll change it to something else. I was considering adding the option of giving Briget one of the artificial dicks Anno sells, but we already have so many herms in the game. If I hear a bunch of people want it or someone writes it in my place, wouldn't be opposed to Briget swapping her pussy out for a dick and balls. Heck, already have it planned to let her trade out for Vi's.

Reactions: Salomon

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
I was considering adding the option of giving Briget one of the artificial dicks Anno sells, but we already have so many herms in the game. If I hear a bunch of people want it or someone writes it in my place, wouldn't be opposed to Briget swapping her pussy out for a dick and balls. Heck, already have it planned to let her trade out for Vi's.
A dick isn't really necessary for an artificial insemination, there could be a nice clinical scene with the appropriate sort of medical equipment. If the PC absolutely must get royally rammed, a sexy version with a specialized dildo wouldn't be out of place.

If you'd like, I could throw together a quick set of nursery blurbs for 'nuki kids so you could proceed as originally envisioned; I am not up for a full pregnancy but a few lines of description for variously aged children wouldn't be too much, nor would a short playtime scene.

Sifen

Apr 4, 2018
Looks like adjatha will finally have a use for the preg/naked Brigit art

Also I would be in favor of a futa Briget for "insemination"

Reactions: Salomon
Dec 6, 2017
Here.
A dick isn't really necessary for an artificial insemination, there could be a nice clinical scene with the appropriate sort of medical equipment. If the PC absolutely must get royally rammed, a sexy version with a specialized dildo wouldn't be out of place.

If you'd like, I could throw together a quick set of nursery blurbs for 'nuki kids so you could proceed as originally envisioned; I am not up for a full pregnancy but a few lines of description for variously aged children wouldn't be too much, nor would a short playtime scene.

That's a good point. I can put together something for artificial insemination with donor or own eggs. Not sure we've had a scene yet where the PC can fertilize someone else's eggs in their own womb with their own sperm. Bit of a kick in the brain, that idea is.

As for Nuki pregnancy, the only reason I'm still saying no on it is because I don't know whether the dev team wants that possible ever. In any case, this relatively self-contained expac is not the place to get it submitted. If someone else gets it submitted and approved before this is done, I'll edit it in. Otherwise, I don't see it happening.

Reactions: valkyr42

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
You know if this gets approved, then Bess can get her uterine app and device upgraded too... which means you could now get Bess/Ben (if he has a vag) preggers on your ship.
Even funnier would be Celise or your Goo Armor getting bess pregnant...with a lil donation from Steele too...

Dec 6, 2017
Here.
The ability to get Briget pregnant and have additional character interactions was approved, but the extra options as they are now would be cut if Savin disapproves. I've tried to add on to what was the initial idea for an expansion, with the idea that it would be easier to trim it down later on if need be than added to after being submitted.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
You know if this gets approved, then Bess can get her uterine app and device upgraded too... which means you could now get Bess/Ben (if he has a vag) preggers on your ship.
Even funnier would be Celise or your Goo Armor getting bess pregnant...with a lil donation from Steele too...

I'd suggest staying the fuck away from ben/bess stuff period, that is a can of worms you do not want to open. We've already lost promising writers to JimT's stuff enough as is.

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
Just out of curiosity - how will you address the issue of the PC being able to give their own eggs and then fertilize them? The hypothetical clone Steele'd be a sheer nightmare to code - I don't know if there even is a parser call for Steele's original appearance...
I'd personally have Briget say she'll splice the DNA together differently, some kind of psuedoscience babble like that, to avoid it altogether with another random kid.
...But if you wanted to make Steele-Jr-Jr their own little thing you could just as easily draw from canon knowledge of the family to generate an appearance (Victor had black hair, Jack and Jill have blonde hair and blue eyes, etc).
I've probaby overcomplicated things.

QuietCoyote

Aug 12, 2017
why not have it adopt briget's appearance, and have a half cyber baby while you're at it?

no wait that's a bad idea

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Just out of curiosity - how will you address the issue of the PC being able to give their own eggs and then fertilize them? The hypothetical clone Steele'd be a sheer nightmare to code - I don't know if there even is a parser call for Steele's original appearance...
I'd personally have Briget say she'll splice the DNA together differently, some kind of psuedoscience babble like that, to avoid it altogether with another random kid.
...But if you wanted to make Steele-Jr-Jr their own little thing you could just as easily draw from canon knowledge of the family to generate an appearance (Victor had black hair, Jack and Jill have blonde hair and blue eyes, etc).
I'm fairly certain that there is a call for Steele's original appearance to some degree.

Also it is important to note that, even with the halfbreed Steeles, that they only contribute their human genetics to their brats. So any self-cest kid would be fully human.

Dec 6, 2017
Here.
I haven't decided whether it would be treated as a normal child or Briget scolds you for trying to pull one over on her.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I haven't decided whether it would be treated as a normal child or Briget scolds you for trying to pull one over on her.
Personally I would really recommend the later unless you want to commit to a unique kid because a self-conceived brat really ought to be a unique one as far as the game is concerned.

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
I'm fairly certain that there is a call for Steele's original appearance to some degree.

Also it is important to note that, even with the halfbreed Steeles, that they only contribute their human genetics to their brats. So any self-cest kid would be fully human.

Fair, just don't think I've ever seen it used. N don't worry, I know about the halfbreed thing, it's just the other stuff that'd still be annoying to account for.

I'd also definitely recommend the latter, now that I think about it.
Maybe when this is done I'll write a mini expansion for a one off unique kid myself, seeing as I may have caused the conundrum to begin with.