Will there be a translation for the game?

Barakiel

Oct 6, 2019
Hey folks... I really like the game and who showed me was a friend of mine... because he wanted me to read to him while he played... very weird you think, well whatever I just want to ask if in some distant future is there a chance of any translation for the hope of my friendship?

I even volunteer to translate the game to Portuguese-Br.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
A rough estimate of our current content alone, based on filesize, is 1.7 million words. This does not include menus, powers, or any words that are part of images.

No.

Barakiel

Oct 6, 2019
A rough estimate of our current content alone, based on filesize, is 1.7 million words. This does not include menus, powers, or any words that are part of images.

No.

well if it's for the number of words I'm not scared, of course it will take time with only one person translating but it's not like I don't have time, and no one has anything to lose I believe.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
well if it's for the number of words I'm not scared, of course it will take time with only one person translating but it's not like I don't have time, and no one has anything to lose I believe.

Before we even get into the technical issues with a translation, I want you to take the following into consideration: the average novel has anywhere from 60k to 90k words. As such, you're looking at the effective equivalent of roughly 19 novels worth of text to translate. According to this, an experienced professional translator can translate around 2.5k words a day. If you were a professional translator who could attain these translation speeds, it would take you approximately two years to catch up to the game's current state. With this in mind, it's worth noting that several of our writers can produce upwards of 3k words a day, and do so regularly.

Now we get to the technical issues with a translation: the parser system. The "simple" parser system would need completely reworked, a task similar in scale to the translation, as you'll have to completely rework the grammar rules that it follows and make sure that it works in any given translation point. Meanwhile, in order to properly translate, you'd be forced to completely rework any other existing parser usage in the game, as the placement and formatting of each is incredibly dependent on the minute mechanics of the English language.