Will the champion be king in the future?

Alex Medioss

Dec 26, 2022
คงจะดีถ้าแชมป์เปี้ยนได้เป็นราชาหรือจักรพรรดิ

cloer

Jun 3, 2018
At this point in time, it looks like they'll be more like Ghengis Khan, insofar that a few hundred years later, a significant part of the population of the Marches can trace their origins back to the Baron of the Wayfort, the Champion of Frost, Liberator of Khor'Minos and Fornicator of Matrons the realm over.

Well, that's good... but it can be better: Depending on you choices and such, they might as well end up as the 8th living god, the one who did not descend from the heavens but ascend from the mortal realm, Lover of the Seven who favour them for their deeds, the god of adventure and alimony payments...

Or he might just retire to the wayfort with his lovers and live his life with an orgy per day. Who knows.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Like I said, the most likely way to get a royal title in this game is to have a spouse who inherited a royal title.
At this point in time, it looks like they'll be more like Ghengis Khan, insofar that a few hundred years later, a significant part of the population of the Marches can trace their origins back to the Baron of the Wayfort, the Champion of Frost, Liberator of Khor'Minos and Fornicator of Matrons the realm over.

Well, that's good... but it can be better: Depending on you choices and such, they might as well end up as the 8th living god, the one who did not descend from the heavens but ascend from the mortal realm, Lover of the Seven who favour them for their deeds, the god of adventure and alimony payments...
FTR - some of y'all probably know this, but not everybody does - the story about Chinggis' descendants is just that: a story. Not reality. There is no evidence (DNA or otherwise) that he had a particularly large set of descendants.

Also, apotheosis is off the table.

the 8th living god,

Pretty certain this one's been confirmed never happening.

No matter how randomly special, competent and powerful you are, no matter if the means to at least get close to it are basically falling right in your lap, no matter if almost every figure of power in this game is at least some manner of asshat.

You're just there to be Very Cool (tm) protagonist person who everyone worships for no reason, just not in the most literal sense.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020

No matter how randomly special, competent and powerful you are, no matter if the means to at least get close to it are basically falling right in your lap, no matter if almost every figure of power in this game is at least some manner of asshat.

You're just there to be Very Cool (tm) protagonist person who everyone worships for no reason, just not in the most literal sense.
762jff.jpg

Yokohama

Feb 19, 2020

Then I become the great corrupter, if the 7 wraith lords won't let us in I shall burn the house down with them in it

To be honest I don't even remember the quest at all, I was really just talking about my own view of them
It's not really the quest itself, just the gods = larping wraiths that's a big spoiler for some people, which you normally find out at the end of the quest.

C

CMGuest

FTR - some of y'all probably know this, but not everybody does - the story about Chinggis' descendants is just that: a story. Not reality. There is no evidence (DNA or otherwise) that he had a particularly large set of descendants.

To interject: I'd posit Ramesses II as an alternative to the point. We know he had somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 kids - somewhere around 48-50 sons, and 40-53 daughters (eat your heart out, Charlemagne) - and that was about 110 generations ago. So, as a simple numbers game, you have to imagine that pretty much every living person with any Egyptian ancestry is directly descended from Ramesses II.