Who is stronger-Brint or Brienne

Brint or Brienne?

• Total voters

Termin8tor

Feb 22, 2020
I am wondering which version of Brint, based solely on combat ability, is stronger. Not based on looks or scenes, just which can dish out the most pain, clothing abilities included. While the Brienne scenes sound fun, I care more about combat ability. Should I get Brienne or keep Brint, and if so, what outfit is best? I think I put all the outfits in the poll, please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
There's no difference between the Wayfarer Brint or Brienne, its the exact same class. They serve the exact same purpose, be the tanky berserker who does a shitload of damage at once.

I can't remember correctly, but I think there really isn't that much difference in damage between Pyromancer Brienne and Cold Knight Brint, just flavouring.

At the end of the day, there's not much point debating which subclass does more damage, when it comes down to the Champion's Presence stat that helps determine companion damage.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Having just started yet another Champion run so I can have a female for Lesbrienne fun in the future, I have a convenient save right when doing Mad Cow to compare. Statistically speaking, Wayfarer!Brint amd Wayfarer!Brienne are almost identical. Brint has slightly better Strength (and hence attack power), Brienne slightly better Presence and 'penetration' stats. Brint has one more point in Armor than Brienne but the latter is objectively better in many circumstances because she does not have Brint's massive Blight and Pheromone weaknesses. So I'd say Brienne is ever so slightly better from a gameplay perspective in the same class.

Once you get to their second gear sets it's situational since they're elementally themed so each one is going to shine in some areas and be outright terrible in others. Right now Brienne's probably more useful since the currently hardest area in the game is one where the Winter Knight set is... not particularly useful, while Pyromancer is quite handy. But like I said, that's situational.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Once you get to their second gear sets it's situational since they're elementally themed so each one is going to shine in some areas and be outright terrible in others. Right now Brienne's probably more useful since the currently hardest area in the game is one where the Winter Knight set is... not particularly useful, while Pyromancer is quite handy. But like I said, that's situational.
Pyromancer is one of the highest-damage sets in the game, according to people who use Brienne. Winter Knight Brint's not much good in the Rift, but he pairs well with Thief Champ or Outrider Ryn for debuffing and tanking, and he'll probably do better in the next few areas once he gets out of the cold.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I am wondering which version of Brint, based solely on combat ability, is stronger. Not based on looks or scenes, just which can dish out the most pain, clothing abilities included. While the Brienne scenes sound fun, I care more about combat ability. Should I get Brienne or keep Brint, and if so, what outfit is best? I think I put all the outfits in the poll, please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you
Listen Gelfling, there is much to learn.

At the end of the day, there's not much point debating which subclass does more damage, when it comes down to the Champion's Presence stat that helps determine companion damage.
Yeah, basically this.

As Evil, WolframL and Alypia just pointed out, there are strengths and there are strengths. The devs have gone to great lengths to ensure no one build (be it PC or NPC) is the default end-all be-all for all enemies in all maps.

Another factor is who in the party is giving what buffs, PC included?

Termin8tor

Feb 22, 2020
So far it seems that late game pyromancer Brienne is better unless you have a good synergy, but I will let this post get a bit older before I commit to a decision. Thank you for the answers!

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
late game
You do realize that we're in the midgame in terms of a three act structure, right? And we really haven't gotten much Act Two gameplay content yet, save the Glacial Rift where as mentioned Brienne has a huge situational advantage. That doesn't mean she's better period or that Brint won't have similar zones in the future where he'd be a better choice, and there's no way right now to factor in potential future gear sets.

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
You do realize that we're in the midgame in terms of a three act structure, right? And we really haven't gotten much Act Two gameplay content yet, save the Glacial Rift where as mentioned Brienne has a huge situational advantage. That doesn't mean she's better period or that Brint won't have similar zones in the future where he'd be a better choice, and there's no way right now to factor in potential future gear sets.

I think the late game they are referring to in this context would mean the end of the current content in-game.

----------------------

I feel as though comparing two different sets is a bit superfluous, due to them having different abilities and completely different themes (damage types).

In reference to some other posts above, current statistical comparisons based upon enemy resistances at this point in time may reflect that Pyromancer's Cloth Brienne is "stronger", but the addition of future content will most likely result in Winter Knight Brint seeing more viability. It wouldn't inherently make much sense to have to different iterations, with the one having more inherent advantage than the other. But, that comes down to game balance.

Although, it is interesting that there are some apparent statistical differences between Wayfarer's Leathers Brienne, and Wayfarer's Leathers Brint.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Brienne looks better right now because the most difficult area at the moment is a frozen wasteland where the ice themed Brint runs into a wall. I imagine the situation will reverse once we get to a volcano or a fire themed area, where Brienne will likely find her fire to be subpar.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115