White mage build

Sensei Thor

Dec 13, 2023
I've been playing a black mage build until recently and decided to try a white mage build. Any suggestions? I'm trying to go for more of a battle healer or a "salamander warrior" build though I'm not sure what salamander means (started playing only a while ago and saw this term in some suggestions).

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
'Manders are a race that you can become (two technically, differing in coloration) though there's no mechanical difference between playing as one of them versus any other race. Someone was presumably simply pointing out that they play a Champ who is one, in the same way that I might call one of mine 'Cowgirl Warrior'. The only White Mage I run is using a deliberately idiosyncratic build (I tried recreating an early Final Fantasy WM, so they use a mix of healing, offensive spells and archery) which is far from optimal, but it's quite fun. My main Champ by contrast is a Warrior but since she's paladin-esque she has several abilities from the White Mage pool (Charge Weapon and Celestial Smite) as well, which gives you an idea how you can play around with a more offensive setup.

Anyways, the topic has come up before so you might want to try checking out some of the following threads (oldest to newest):

These predate the addition of Level 7 which added two new Perks per Class, so none of them discuss the matter. When you get to that point, Overflowing Health is for healing-focused builds while Righteous Fury is for Champs who are more damage-oriented.

Last edited: