Which will finish first?

flash193

May 21, 2017
Don't know which one will finish first, but I hope TiTs.
Then again just walking around without doing the main story line is fun enough.

I've given up on Berserk since the last animation(In a sense like I will check on it when it's done)
Never watched Hajimo no ippo, not my thing.
And I get angry when watching the slow paced One Piece, so i'm watching onepace just whenever they finish an episode without worrying when the next one will be done.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I like TiTS, I wouldn't be a backer if I didn't. But a big part of why I like the game comes from the fact that much of the content comes from the community and the fact that the developers welcome it so much. This isn't a game that basically steals peoples' money for nothing in return (Looking at you SimBro), the focus here isn't some nebulous deadline to have Content X done, its simply "Oh hey, this forum member wrote this pretty cool character, let's add them!". Each month we get a decent amount of content, definitely more so than other games.

I think it's wise, particularly with regards to both this and what Misty said, to view TiTS' Patreon as more like donating to a podcast you like rather than investing in a video game. When will TiTS be finished? Basically the moment it stops being financially viable. Which might be a year from now, three years, ten. In the meantime though, Fen and friends produce a steady stream of content the likes of which you can't really find anywhere else, and if you enjoy that consider donating. If you're thinking of it like a Kojima game that you're funding so it can get a definitive, awesome ending, then you are going to end up feeling very frustrated with it.

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
Gut's group FINALLY... FINALLY got to the Elf island. And they're FINALLY... FINALLY working to cure Caska's insanity. I reckon that part of the story might be finished... say... 2019. Even with Caska cured, that's NOT the end of the series. Guts still has to kill all the God Hand, Griffith and then go punch out the Idea of Evil itself. Oh, and overcome his own inner beast.

Also, the comparison between Berserk and TiTs is bs. The Berserk prototype came out back in 1988. The current ongoing manga came out in 1992. TiTs started... what 2014?

So, we gonna have to wait more than 20 years for version 1.0 ? !!!

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
Lets not revive old hostile threads please. This one still has my eye twitching.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I hope next issue won't start with the likes of...
"You're back! How do you feel?"
"aaaaaaaaaaaa"

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
But for reals though, Casca is cured, holy shit.

Cured is such a strong word. That thorny heart sure seemed ominous to me...

Still Berserk is a long way away from being finished. I still think TiTs will finish first.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Berserk's likely headed into its final stretch while TiTS is still in act one.

Watching as two glaciers race to the finish will take years no matter who the winner is.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I dunno, I feel like there's still more. I can't really elaborate, but there's something that makes me feel like we're only halfway there.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Considering it took them the better part of 20 years to get Guts and Casca, I doubt they're going to wrap up the Berserk storyline so quickly.