Which game represents your childhood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Age of Mythology.

I used to use Cheat Codes to give me all the overpowered units like Lazerbear and the Purple People Eater. Now though I’ve been trying to play it without cheat codes.

It’s a pretty fun game, overall, and it shouldn’t cost too much on Steam.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
I really love Nitrome, which is still the gold standard for browser games even if they don’t work anymore because Flash was tragically killed off.

Also, 2000s-era Runescape, but that goes without saying.

Viridian

Feb 12, 2020
PNW
Hmm Probably three games but the main one being Illusion of Gaia for the SNES by ENIX From 1994. A game that is mostly unsung game about a blonde boy and a brown haired girl trying to save the world from an evil life form that lives on a comet that is turning people into monsters and warping the world while killing it. Honestly growing up I went through some really dark periods and Remembering the main characters journey and how no matter how bad things looked they kept going. Also helps that I still love playing as Freedan the main characters black knight form it really spoils you when it lets you become him.

btw if you think a giant rock with an evil life form on it corrupting a planet with a blonde protagonist, brown haired lead girl in a pink dress, and a man in black armor with long hair and a massive sword sounds familiar let me remind you Square was their competitor. :p

The other two to a lesser extent would be Links awakening Gameboy, and Metal Combat the Falcons revenge SNES Superscope. For similar reasons of never backing down despite the whole world being against them. I would say secret of mana BUT I never finished it

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Viva Pinata.
Very niche game with a very niche fanbase that's very dead by now because of how early 2000s old it is. But I kept playing it up to my new laptop that I currently have (Which unfortunately can't play it because it's a shitty "slim model" and thus needs an external disk thing... ;;;.;;; )

Reactions: Viridian and Keet

Keet

Jun 15, 2018
Oklahoma
Viva Pinata.
Very niche game with a very niche fanbase that's very dead by now because of how early 2000s old it is. But I kept playing it up to my new laptop that I currently have (Which unfortunately can't play it because it's a shitty "slim model" and thus needs an external disk thing... ;;;.;;; )

Oh shit I loved that game! We used to have it on Xbox and I always played it in that freeplay mode.

Reactions: Viridian

Viridian

Feb 12, 2020
PNW
Viva Pinata.

Making me feel old here this came out when I was in my last year of middle school lol. It is indeed a fun game, very underrated

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Oh shit I loved that game! We used to have it on Xbox and I always played it in that freeplay mode.
Making me feel old here this came out when I was in my last year of middle school lol. It is indeed a fun game, very underrated
;o;
Well I'll be damned, I didn't think anyone here other than me played it too!

Reactions: Keet and Viridian

Keet

Jun 15, 2018
Oklahoma
Now that I think about it, dad let us play with this old Sega system. Used to play something called Immortal Champions on it, some like..mortal combat type game. Also a sesame street platformer since we were pretty young.

Other than that, pretty much just Pokemon and getting into harvest moon in my teen years. O H and the Sims! :oops: pretty basic taste I guess, oops.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Now that I think about it, dad let us play with this old Sega system. Used to play something called Immortal Champions on it, some like..mortal combat type game. Also a sesame street platformer since we were pretty young.

Other than that, pretty much just Pokemon and getting into harvest moon in my teen years. O H and the Sims! :oops: pretty basic taste I guess, oops.

Ah the franchise platformer. I remember how great it felt to finally beat The Lion King back in the day. Kind of wish they'd do an even harder 3D remake just so I could beat that for the bragging rights.

Reactions: Keet

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
O H and the Sims! :oops: pretty basic taste I guess, oops.
Bruh I was OBSESSED with the Sims back then, or at least, Sims 2 Pets for the console, my first ever Sims game really.
Did bring some expectations tho, like for instance when I wanted to get Sims 2 for PC or 3, me not being able to control the sim itself like in Pets console... god you should've seen me, I was so upset over that one mechanic not being a thing in the main computer sim games. x'3

Keet

Jun 15, 2018
Oklahoma
Bruh I was OBSESSED with the Sims back then, or at least, Sims 2 Pets for the console, my first ever Sims game really.
Did bring some expectations tho, like for instance when I wanted to get Sims 2 for PC or 3, me not being able to control the sim itself like in Pets console... god you should've seen me, I was so upset over that one mechanic not being a thing in the main computer sim games. x'3

I still play on PC, I'm honestly offended Sims 4 doesn't let me control pets at all! Stupid dogs and cats keep begging me to fill their bowls when they're already full, just eat dummy! :p oh well, that's pretty much how they are in real life too.

Reactions: Paradox01

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I still play on PC, I'm honestly offended Sims 4 doesn't let me control pets at all! Stupid dogs and cats keep begging me to fill their bowls when they're already full, just eat dummy! :p oh well, that's pretty much how they are in real life too.
Hell, it doesn't even show pet motives and the mod to control them and see their bars is literally defunct and it frustrates me.
I get we don't know our pets exact needs irl but come on, it's a videogame, I need my readability. Sims3's pet control made managing pet needs so much easier after I dropped playing 4. :U (3's barely playable for me even if it makes my laptop heat up as if it's on the verge of having a cardiac arrest)

Last edited:

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
...even if it makes my laptop heat up as if it's on the verge of having a cardiac arrest)
That reminds me of the old joke about Microsoft calling their console the X-Box 360 because that was its operating temperature.

Reactions: Malidica

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Why do they call it the Xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away.
Um, think about that statement for a second.... :)

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA

Keet

Jun 15, 2018
Oklahoma
Hell, it doesn't even show pet motives and the mod to control them and see their bars is literally defunct and it frustrates me.
I get we don't know our pets exact needs irl but come on, it's a videogame, I need my readability. Sims3's pet control made managing pet needs so much easier after I dropped playing 4. :U (3's barely playable for me even if it makes my laptop heat up as if it's on the verge of having a cardiac arrest)

4 is fun for me but it does still make my laptop sound like it's trying to take flight, but I REALLY feel you on the needing to know pets needs (that's why I play with cheats so I never have to worry about all my pets and sims dying cause I, too, have the time management skills of a snail)

Viridian

Feb 12, 2020
PNW
Waddya mean there i go? I knew wtf i was referencing, you're the old fart who didn't get the joke! :p

I'm in my thirties and I didn't even get the joke, guess troll humor was rare on invisionfree rp forums lol

I think I might know what was cooking your computer with sims 3. The isle of paradise expansion was notorious for lag and overheating due to the poorly implemented tourist system. I had to use a mod to fix it by giving me dev controls to manual reset them.

Man sims was fun. its a shame sims 1 is so hard to get working on modern computers now adays, I miss making magic.

Last edited:

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Gauntlet IV (Sega Genesis)

This was my introduction to fantasy style games. It was and still is the most difficult game I have ever played. Probably because it was originally an arcade game. So, it still used the same mechanics. Your HP dropped constantly over time in addition to the hordes of monsters trying to kill you. You needed to gather treasure to buy better stuff. There was the occasional Death that could only feasibly be killed with potions or shot at from a safe distance through a small crack, a thief that steals stuff from you unless you kill it before it gets to you and teleporters that don't connect to any specific teleporter unless there is only two on screen. Needless to say, the odds were heavily stacked against you. In fact, it took me and one ofmy brothers ten years to complete it. The challenge kept me interested and opened the door to others like The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

Reactions: Viridian

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I'm in my thirties and I didn't even get the joke, guess troll humor was rare on invisionfree rp forums lol

I think I might know what was cooking your computer with sims 3. The isle of paradise expansion was notorious for lag and overheating due to the poorly implemented tourist system. I had to use a mod to fix it by giving me dev controls to manual reset them.

Man sims was fun. its a shame sims 1 is so hard to get working on modern computers now adays, I miss making magic.
I don't have Island Paradise. Sims 3 even by itself makes my computer near a heart attack.

Keet

Jun 15, 2018
Oklahoma
I don't have Island Paradise. Sims 3 even by itself makes my computer near a heart attack.

I had it and even BEFORE then computer would start to overheat. I honestly think it was the whole open world thing and how much detail is in the graphics. I might be one of the only people I know who didn't really like having the whole sims world be open! (An open neighborhood however? I long to not have a loading screen to walk next door but I'll take too much waiting over can't use create a sim without everything lagging out and crashing)

Status
Not open for further replies.