Which game represents your childhood?

Discussion in 'Mainstream Games' started by Gigas_Magus, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Gigas_Magus

Gigas_Magus Member

Title.

That game you played in your youth that defined a lot of what you like today. Or perhaps it managed to change your perspective on some things. Maybe even a game that was able to pull at your heart-strings. Something that you can recall upon to bring back fond memories. What is it? Also, feel free to explain why if you wish to do so.

For me: Secret of Mana [SNES].
    My cousin and I used to love playing this together and liked a lot of fantasy-based games. As a result, we even began to come up with our own little novel together (although being so young, it never came to fruition). To this day, I usually attempt to do a play through once every so often.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AlrightKnight

AlrightKnight Well-Known Member

The game of my childhood was Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. This game scared the shit out of me as a kid but was still fun as hell. I’m still waiting for Ubisoft to grow a pair of balls and reboot this masterpiece

3. null_blank

null_blank Well-Known Member

Dragon Warrior 1 aka Dragon Quest.

I didn't understand the concept of leveled areas so I spent months grinding at the starting area until I was near max level before setting out to play the rest of the game.

4. Zevos

Zevos Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy VI

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Slab Bulkhead likes this.
  5. Slab Bulkhead

Slab Bulkhead Well-Known Member
    Creator

Final Fantasy VI (back when it was Final Fantasy III), and Chrono Trigger. The JRPGs of my teen years. I must have sunk more hours into those two games than anything I've played since.

6. General Nuisance

It's a little cliche, but was definitely Pokemon. Specifically Pokemon Emerald. God, I loved that game. I would play it day in and day out. Thinking back on it, I may or may not have had a problem...

Too bad my GameBoy basically committed suicide after a year or two, and refused to charge ever again.

AlrightKnight likes this.
  7. A79

A79 Well-Known Member

Phantasy Star on the SMS. Huge game world, tons to see and do. Finishing the game was a bitch, though.

8. Grimoire

Grimoire Well-Known Member

What got me into writing books: Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Ages. I literally wrote the entire thing by hand and in detail just so i can read it to myself and maybe play with it as a guidebook. Became my first cheat sheet and walk-through at ten years old in middle school.

My first mature game that really made me inspired and deeply thought provoking: Deus Ex: Invisible Wars. So many ways to play, so many opinions of life and the character development was well done and got me into my favorite band: The Kidney Thieves and made me learn about philosophy and exploring books i'd never touch otherwise. Nostalgia ...

9. Ch0w

Ch0w Well-Known Member

Well... that's a lot of games to think about... specially due lots of memories
    we, i say we because basically me and my friends spend whole weekends playing together in the house of one of us so, we always had tons of multiplayer games.
    like Mario Kart, South Park Rally, Crash Team Racing, Vigilante 8 and 8.2, Star Wars Demolition, Muppet Race Mania , Disney Race Magic Tour

Rpg Wise?
    FF8 was great, specially because when i was playing i was also in a pre-teen / teen age so i guess could relate more to those dumb characters? There's so much Teen Drama
    But suikoden 2 was like the game that even to this day i find the story just amazing and deep.
    I probably played that game over hundreds of times trying to solve how to get the best ending( the old times with no internet for game guides and magazines only covered big games when making guides)
    Managed to get it few years later during a replay.

10. Evil

Evil Well-Known Member

I suppose Golden Axe or Streets of Rage, maybe Sonic the Hedgehog.

Roll on the Sega Mega Drive!

11. Regardless

Regardless Member

Spyro the Dragon.

12. Reptillicus

Reptillicus Well-Known Member

There are a few I can think of:

The classic Sonic trilogy: There are no words to describe my love for the original sonic trilogy. It's what made me love sonic and what would eventually lead be to becoming a furry (in a sense). Sonic was my childhood hero, i aspired to be like him. Cool, brave, and able to stand up to any bully not matter how big. Sonic adventure can also be counted here.

The original Halo trilogy: thess games taught me that you could have a good story in a video game, and also informed my drawing style for years to come. I just love the aesthetics of halo 1, 2, and 3. Halo 2 also instilled in me my love of aliens. The elites were and always will be my favorite alien race in all of gaming history.

#12 Reptillicus, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  13. ScarletteKnight

ScarletteKnight Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a huge question.... If I had to pick just one, in spite of all the wonderful games I've played in my life, that have changed me forever, I would choose Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. It's the first game I can remember playing that wasn't Spider-Man or Mortal Kombat, and it was AMAZING. My first RPG adventure, I would've been just older than 7, and I was in love. It also helped me realize that I wanted to be a girl, since I could run around as a pretty lady.