What date is it?

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
In TiTS, obviously. This came up on one of my docs and honestly, I have absolutely no clue - it does not seem to be mentioned anywhere, only what number Planetary Rush we're on.

Either an official line on this, or one of our resident nerds crunching the numbers based on the available data and coming up with a ballpark figure would be much appreciated.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Well this is the 14th rush and from what I remember there was a 200 year difference between this one and the last one. If we assume this to be the norm, there is atleast a 2800 year difference between the first and the last rush. There also needs to be a lot of time, like at least several hundred years between the today 2016 and the various colonization attempts by Earth, finding Ausar and the Thraggen rampage that started the Rush.

My guess would be something between the 5th millennium and the 10th millennium, based on a lot of bad assumptions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
9016, that way your Steele can celebrate the 10000th New Years (they'd barely be middle aged).

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
His fortune was gained through years of adventuring during the Thirteenth Great Planet Rush, almost two hundred years ago

These rushes are performed every century or two

The problem is... We have no idea when humans joined. I'd say it's around 2400-2500 and humans discovered during 11th or 12th rush.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
http://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS_History

It may be reasonably guessed that there have been at least 4000 years between the present date and that of TiTs. The current year is 3,027 A.C. (After Confederation)

Right, this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks.

Well that settles that somewhat.

Unless the guy from Thale insists on using the old calendar because he is religious and that one has religious meaning.

Better off avoiding confusion.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
The problem is... We have no idea when humans joined. I'd say it's around 2400-2500 and humans discovered during 11th or 12th rush.

From the timeline which was posted, Humanity may well have encountered alien species way before Planet Rushes were a thing.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
From the timeline which was posted, Humanity may well have encountered alien species way before Planet Rushes were a thing.

They at the very least encountered the ausar and the anatae before PRs were a thing. They were invented as a counter-measure to what happened with the thraggen.