What content would you like added?

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Arona: Champion, help me, there's a monster under my bed.
Champion: Okay if I'd known beating you was going to make you this whipped I would have let you win in the Foothills.

Straddling the line between 'content you'd like added' and 'content which is definitely coming in some form just be patient', but Kiyoko and Inari Kinu need to be locked in a room and not allowed to leave until they've reached some kind of understanding... or murdered each other. The hero should probably be in the room to keep them from murdering each other. I tend to default to Hime Kinu just because it's sad when Kiyoko and Kinu kinda sorta absolutely hate each other.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Arona: Champion, help me, there's a monster under my bed.
Champion: Okay if I'd known beating you was going to make you this whipped I would have let you win in the Foothills.

Straddling the line between 'content you'd like added' and 'content which is definitely coming in some form just be patient', but Kiyoko and Inari Kinu need to be locked in a room and not allowed to leave until they've reached some kind of understanding... or murdered each other. The hero should probably be in the room to keep them from murdering each other. I tend to default to Hime Kinu just because it's sad when Kiyoko and Kinu kinda sorta absolutely hate each other.

2 floofs enter. 1 floof leaves.

Inari has her problems but she's more down to earth (literally) than Hime. Hime makes me sad. She got Kiyoko's worst traits as her default state of being and clearly doesn't like me :(.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
2 floofs enter. 1 floof leaves.

Inari has her problems but she's more down to earth (literally) than Hime. Hime makes me sad. She got Kiyoko's worst traits as her default state of being and clearly doesn't like me :(.
Aww. Hime Kinu is a mummy's girl but she appreciates her sire. I think. Honestly I don't think we'd be able to tell if she hated us. I appreciate that the Kinus are wildly divergent without being an obviously Good and Bad choice, even if I could definitely see Hime Kinu being the final boss of a sequel where the Kitsune empire attacks.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
She got Kiyoko's worst traits as her default state of being and clearly doesn't like me :(.
Now, I understand that hime can seem way to distant from player character. Which is understandable, she spent 10 years without you. And no matter whos fault it is, it is Keroses, she still missed you and she can't be hellped to feel like she feels. Still , as you noted, her being distant is here being more extreme version of Kiyoko. Sickeningly polite and well meaning to everyone, but only really opens up to her consort.
Now, I do have problem with how we got to that point, but I never got the feeling that she hates us. She just treats us like everyone else. I think that even our character notices how on to prestigious she tries to make herself to be. To the point, that when she yelled at as, their first reaction is same as mine "that is my girl". I think that is going to be one of things addressed in her quest line. I at least hope it will.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Now, I understand that hime can seem way to distant from player character. Which is understandable, she spent 10 years without you. And no matter whos fault it is, it is Keroses, she still missed you and she can't be hellped to feel like she feels. Still , as you noted, her being distant is here being more extreme version of Kiyoko. Sickeningly polite and well meaning to everyone, but only really opens up to her consort.
Now, I do have problem with how we got to that point, but I never got the feeling that she hates us. She just treats us like everyone else. I think that even our character notices how on to prestigious she tries to make herself to be. To the point, that when she yelled at as, their first reaction is same as mine "that is my girl". I think that is going to be one of things addressed in her quest line. I at least hope it will.

It's not just being distant. It feels like she doesn't want to be around us at all. Maybe how she acts is how Kiyoko appears to everyone who isn't the player, but she seems like she wants nothing to do with me. It makes sense, but it still feels bad and makes me sad.

Mizukage

Mar 16, 2021
It's not just being distant. It feels like she doesn't want to be around us at all. Maybe how she acts is how Kiyoko appears to everyone who isn't the player, but she seems like she wants nothing to do with me. It makes sense, but it still feels bad and makes me sad.

Maybe its because I am a RP nerd who makes my character randomly stop by to visit Kinu for no reason like some person who actually wants to spend time with her but I never got the impression Kinu disliked my character when I picked the options for 'just chill and hang with your daughter in private'. I just got the impression Kitsune Hime is a huge mommy's girl that is more in Kiyoko's shadow then my character's and really focused on living up the ideal image of a den mother she learned from her. Which causes a bunch of culture clash issues with their confused 'barbarian' sire who sometimes advocates things that would make Kinu break from that image and is why she sees something in similarly determined to live up to an image Nakano. I mean, she probably does feel embarrassed sometimes but not some 24/7 feeling of 'oh Keros here comes dad again how is he going to make me look bad in front of my peers today with his inept social bumbling' kind of thing. Granted thats probably still going to hurt pretty bad for a PC who is probably still dealing with having lost 10 years with her when she puts up any sort of distance at all now that there is a chance to not have magically induced distance there.

Still haven't started an Inari Shoujo to comment, but from what I have heard it sounds like the opposite issue might be in play? She is a huge daddies/other mommies girl and so clashes with Kiyoko more often instead (and Kiyoko had to deal with it for 10 years while we were being an involuntary deadbeat) but does also still insist on things like not letting us bring her the heads of her enemy on a silver platter instead of murdering them herself.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Maybe its because I am a RP nerd who makes my character randomly stop by to visit Kinu for no reason like some person who actually wants to spend time with her but I never got the impression Kinu disliked my character when I picked the options for 'just chill and hang with your daughter in private'. I just got the impression Kitsune Hime is a huge mommy's girl that is more in Kiyoko's shadow then my character's and really focused on living up the ideal image of a den mother she learned from her. Which causes a bunch of culture clash issues with their confused 'barbarian' sire who sometimes advocates things that would make Kinu break from that image and is why she sees something in similarly determined to live up to an image Nakano. I mean, she probably does feel embarrassed sometimes but not some 24/7 feeling of 'oh Keros here comes dad again how is he going to make me look bad in front of my peers today with his inept social bumbling' kind of thing. Granted thats probably still going to hurt pretty bad for a PC who is probably still dealing with having lost 10 years with her when she puts up any sort of distance at all now that there is a chance to not have magically induced distance there.

Still haven't started an Inari Shoujo to comment, but from what I have heard it sounds like the opposite issue might be in play? She is a huge daddies/other mommies girl and so clashes with Kiyoko more often instead (and Kiyoko had to deal with it for 10 years while we were being an involuntary deadbeat) but does also still insist on things like not letting us bring her the heads of her enemy on a silver platter instead of murdering them herself.

Jokes on you, I embarrass everyone intentionally. My social bumbling is an art form. And Inari has an opposite personality. She's only like Kiyoko in the ways that make it hard for them to get along. I wouldn't call her a huge daddy's/mommy's girl, Just a much more healthy relationship with the player. To Hime's credit, she can randomly blame Hitoshi that one time to stop a fight and that was pretty funny.

HeyJune

Feb 22, 2021
Yeah you can still hang out with Hime!Kinu and I never got the impression she hated me/she says she enjoys your company. It's awkward but about as awkward as your real parents disappearing for a decade and then coming back.

The only thing that does come off that way is the bit about Nakano, and the PC canonically doesn't like them (and it doesn't seem like a lot of players do either) so...

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Yeah you can still hang out with Hime!Kinu and I never got the impression she hated me/she says she enjoys your company. It's awkward but about as awkward as your real parents disappearing for a decade and then coming back.

The only thing that does come off that way is the bit about Nakano, and the PC canonically doesn't like them (and it doesn't seem like a lot of players do either) so...
It could be also be said that Kinu does not know full story so she just assumes that the hate is mutual. Our PC also mostly finds him tolerable, just angry when he is being to much of an ass. Personally, I like the bastard, but no suprise there. Most of the characters that I find fuckable I also find likable.

Also helps that his bad ending is sweet. Maybe I find it better because it is only time we get to fuck him and interact with him without him showing is too much contempt. But still sweet either way. Even tho I find it fucked up that our first male released marriage is part of the bad end.

Mizukage

Mar 16, 2021

In fairness to me, the god of kitsune probably approves of me passive aggressively screwing with him by having the PC (went chosen of Keros route) come to his office to 'ask if there are new missions to help with' like a dutiful fox champion then when there aren't just straight up ask him 'so hows things going with my daughter' to make polite conversation instead of just rudely leaving without making conversation.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
In fairness to me, the god of kitsune probably approves of me passive aggressively screwing with him by having the PC (went chosen of Keros route) come to his office to 'ask if there are new missions to help with' like a dutiful fox champion then when there aren't just straight up ask him 'so hows things going with my daughter' to make polite conversation instead of just rudely leaving without making conversation.
His entire conversations can be boiled down to "It is not l-like I want to k-k-kill you or a-a-anything, you outsider!

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I desire a rapier and parrying dagger. Rapiers are more damaging than they look, and they were sometimes used with a dagger in the offhand. I've mentioned it before, but we need more dual wielded weapons and that would be a perfect combo. Plus I don't want to wait to get Raphael's rapier. He doesn't even have a dagger. What a loser. It'd be even better if they were surviving weapons that were refurbished, so I could call them a more elegant weapon for a civilized age. I wouldn't mind getting some vampire stuff in. I'm not talking about the fearsome cumpire or the kitsune. I mean the traditional kind. I have a bit of a fetish for those. The whole corruption of the innocent thing goes well with them and they'd fit well. I doubt our friendly neighborhood cumpire would want to risk her bloodsucking running around. It could be small quest that ends with getting a corrupted rapier out of it. Potential life drain damage and having a consistent blight damage weapon. Oh well. I'm not confident enough to write so I guess I'll settle for the dreaded cumpire.

Reactions: HeyJune

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
You can but it won't look like your standard rapier and was used in the past and looked more like a longer version of a gladius.

on topic: I hope we get a master bedroom in the wayfort we can place our main love intrest or multiple ones.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
can you even make a rapier out of bronze?

Yeah but like Karamaru said, the blade is thicker and isn't a traditional rapier. There is an iron weapon already, so it could always be a commissioned piece or something from the past that was enchanted to be unbreakable. Or the spectral smith could always fix one. Somehow, Raphael has one and I think he's a different version from CoC1. Artistic license and suspension of disbelief could justify a regular rapier made of bronze, but I'd prefer one of the other options.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Yeah, he's explicitly a deconstruction of CoC1 Raphael but not the same character.
There is something suspect about the whole thing, why did that character of all of them from CoC1 warrant a "deconstruction"?
And he's not really any logical breakdown of Raphael from the first game, he's just a complete psychopath that is portrayed as some sort of hatesink in being completely and utterly despicable in every detail of his portrayal and actions. Compared to the previous character of the same name who was a simple petty thief that liked to style himself after the "dashing rogue" cliche.

In being such an over time top villainization-knockoff of an existing character that is an ardent follower of a God from Corruption of Champions 1 does Observer have some sort of beef with parts of the previous game?

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
There is something suspect about the whole thing, why did that character of all of them from CoC1 warrant a "deconstruction"?
And he's not really any logical breakdown of Raphael from the first game, he's just a complete psychopath that is portrayed as some sort of hatesink in being completely and utterly despicable in every detail of his portrayal and actions. Compared to the previous character of the same name who was a simple petty thief that liked to style himself after the "dashing rogue" cliche.

In being such an over time top villainization-knockoff of an existing character that is an ardent follower of a God from Corruption of Champions 1 does Observer have some sort of beef with parts of the previous game?

I think he's a deconstruction of the dashing and mischievous rogue who flirts with everyone. And Coc1 Raphael may have been a thief who was good with a sword, but he was a creep who caused problems and was introduced by trying to steal our stuff, before running or trying (poorly in my opinion) to seduce the player. The rapier training is his only redeeming trait. Besides, in the first game you can only interact with him because he's trying to flirt so he wouldn't try to show any bad traits. Though the new Raphael does raise some questions. Why and how does he have a counterpart on Savarra, and who else could have a counterpart somewhere.

Mizukage

Mar 16, 2021

He committed the ultimate sin of not wanting to bone your character unless you meet a fairly lengthy list of requirements to match his taste in waifus in a world where nearly everyone else is pansexual so as to not screw the player for picking a certain transformation type/gender and even ditches you mid questline if you gain traits he doesn't like. As I vaguely recall he is pretty dickish about it when he shoots you down, as well.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
I think he's a deconstruction of the dashing and mischievous rogue who flirts with everyone. And Coc1 Raphael may have been a thief who was good with a sword, but he was a creep who caused problems and was introduced by trying to steal our stuff, before running or trying (poorly in my opinion) to seduce the player. The rapier training is his only redeeming trait. Besides, in the first game you can only interact with him because he's trying to flirt so he wouldn't try to show any bad traits. Though the new Raphael does raise some questions. Why and how does he have a counterpart on Savarra, and who else could have a counterpart somewhere.

He had the same name and
Taoth probably transformed him into a Fox morph from whatever previous race he was. I think Lupine?

Reactions: Wint3rRyd3r

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Because it doesn't take much more than a change of perspective and a few minor tweaks to turn the original character from the dashing rogue he imagines himself to a creepy predator... and he was already the creep part so it's basically just dialing the possessiveness the original character possessed up to eleven. Tobs mentioned that he's also picked up a few traits from a character from the tabletop games Savin runs, but I don't know enough about those to say anything further.

Reactions: Wint3rRyd3r

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
As I'm fond of saying, a lot of Raphael's dialogue and actions are either the exact same lines he uses placed in a different context, or otherwise paraphrased.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
As I'm fond of saying, a lot of Raphael's dialogue and actions are either the exact same lines he uses placed in a different context, or otherwise paraphrased.
Yeah well context is important, specifically the actions being taken by the character.
This character being a ridiculously psychotic clone of an unrelated character from the previous game is just bizarre. Why the decision to bring about such an unnecessary 'reference' in the sequel?

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Because Tobs really doesn't like CoC1 Raphael.
That's an extremely petty mindset and to the detriment of this game's writing.
Have in fact heard people elsewhere complain about CoC2 writers inserting crude strawmen based on those (fictional or otherwise) they dislike or disagree with, at the time wrote-off such claims as just baseless shitposting, is it actually a thing that happens?

Reactions: JK Drack

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
That's an extremely petty mindset and to the detriment of this game's writing.
Have in fact heard people elsewhere complain about CoC2 writers inserting crude strawmen based on those (fictional or otherwise) they dislike or disagree with, at the time wrote-off such claims as just baseless shitposting, is it actually a thing that happens?
Have you heard of Hirrud?

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
The minotaur who had the catgirl harem you rescue? What about him exactly?
I believe it's been stated that he's supposed to basically represent a mentality seen among some players of being entitled to complete control over the other characters their player can sex, and decrying anyone who's orifices aren't exclusively open to the player as being "Nice Time for Roo'd" and the like.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Because Tobs really doesn't like CoC1 Raphael.

Not true. While he was creepy, insulting of the player for not meeting his very stringent standards and was by and large a coin toss for his intended audience, purveyors of Harlequin novels as to whether they liked him, I don't hold any personal animosity for the character in and of himself.