What are your gripes/criticism of TiTs?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Also Ciaran. Did you meet him? Did you read his Christmas email, which he will send after talking to him once; immediately after, if it's Christmas? Congratulations, you now have erotic dreams about him. You'd think you'd have to fuck him at least once, since the game does keep track. But no, apparently, he's just that hot.

All these people bugging out and forgetting that Steele ISN'T the PC's character, but a window into the world of TiTS.
You mean Player's character, right? (Player Character's character?)

The thing is, we have extreme control over how Steele looks. Much more than most games. It can be jarring to realize that while we can play Captain Steele as straight or gay, their real sexuality is bi, and into any sexual kink a writer can get approved and added. Even if it doesn't actually appeal to the player. The only choice the player actually has is whether Steele indulges, not whether they are interested. Dreams take even that away.

While it's important to accept people's kinks, it's also important to remember that one person's kink is another's turn-off.

A

Athena

Honestly, the more I play this game, the more I realize I don't appreciate random unprompted content, even when it otherwise appeals to me. When I want to read it, having to deal with random checks and wiki entries just becomes obnoxious. When I don't want it, it's just annoying and getting in my way while I'm trying to do something else, though I appreciate that we're usually given the option to skip it, and I hope that continues because when you can't skip it, that's the absolute pits.

The Alexandria Holiday one should absolutely require high libido or some level of taint. WTF, when was that added?!

Okay, no really, this bugs me now: since when did cowgirls have psychic powers? This feels like a CoC succubus, not a New Texan cowgirl...

Last edited by a moderator:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
The Dreams page says she's real. The dreams are something she's doing to you, not something you're coming up with on your own.

There's nothing stopping a psychic from taking the Treatment. In fact, a psychic born on New Texas would eventually take the Treatment, just like everyone else.

The real question is if she got the Bimbo-Cow or Amazon version.

A

Athena

The Dreams page says she's real. The dreams are something she's doing to you, not something you're coming up with on your own.

There's nothing stopping a psychic from taking the Treatment. In fact, a psychic born on New Texas would eventually take the Treatment, just like everyone else.

The real question is if she got the Bimbo-Cow or Amazon version.

Ugh, fair enough. Still seems way out of left field, though. I guess I just don't understand this hypno/MC stuff.

Nov 15, 2019
The thing is, we have extreme control over how Steele looks. Much more than most games. It can be jarring to realize that while we can play Captain Steele as straight or gay, their real sexuality is bi, and into any sexual kink a writer can get approved and added. Even if it doesn't actually appeal to the player. The only choice the player actually has is whether Steele indulges, not whether they are interested. Dreams take even that away.

I mean, to be honest, we do, on two separate ocasions, get to choose to say whether Steele is a dom, a sub, or a switch. It doesn't actually affect much (not like it locks out submissive sex scenes if you choose dom), but I feel it does kinda seem like there's at least an attempt of having a degree of roleplay and choise over what the character is into. Or at least creating an illusion of such, with the rest having to rely on suspension of disbelief. (Edit: There's also that moment at the bar on Mhen'ga where you get to say that you do/don't like dickgirls)

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I mean, to be honest, we do, on two separate ocasions, get to choose to say whether Steele is a dom, a sub, or a switch. It doesn't actually affect much (not like it locks out submissive sex scenes if you choose dom), but I feel it does kinda seem like there's at least an attempt of having a degree of roleplay and choise over what the character is into. Or at least creating an illusion of such, with the rest having to rely on suspension of disbelief.
That's what I mean. You can be a dom or a sub, or gay or straight, until you're not. Because you were rapidly clicking through combat and are now engaging in a sex act you wouldn't if you had been paying attention.
Unless the NPC has a mechanic which locks you into a particular mode with them, but it doesn't affect your interactions with other NPCs. You could own Sera, Reaha and Bizzy, but tell Cruff you're a sub.

You don't have the illusion of choice, you have the illusion of defining Steele's sexuality. In fairness, the illusion holds most of the time, and it does allow the player the most freedom overall.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
(I'm talking about dickgirls here) so I, a plain heterosexual
Girls with dicks are still girls, they don't make you gay unless you are a girl. I get others have a genital preference, but being transphobic and homophobic about it is bullshit.

There should be a way to set concrete standards for your Steele, but I wouldn't know how to do it.

Nov 15, 2019
Girls with dicks are still girls, they don't make you gay unless you are a girl. I get others have a genital preference, but being transphobic and homophobic about it is bullshit.

There should be a way to set concrete standards for your Steele, but I wouldn't know how to do it.
Did you... Did you just basically go with the "Straight men that don't want to date/fuck trans women are transphobic"?

Oh boy...

Theron

Nov 8, 2018

I'm not sure 'homophobia' or 'transphobia' are really the most accurate terms. They are also something of a dangerous accusation to throw around in today's culture. I don't think characters like Syri or Kiro really fit our standard definitions anyway.

Kiro has this to say:
You have no idea how refreshing it is to plow a pretty, pink pussy without two giant balls bouncing around in front of it!
If a Kui-Tan exclusively had sex with non-hermaphroditic female genitaled and identifying persons, they would probably be considered a sexual deviant on their homeworld (for good, ill or indifference). Such people don't exist there without gene-modding. What would you consider a Kui-Tan that was born a hermaphrodite, but used gene-mods to remove the dick and balls?

Syri got a dick by accident, then decided she liked it better. And to keep it safe for Valden. By all rights, she ought to have some degree of body dysmorphia, unless that bit of her brain also conveniently got scrambled with Valden's. Dysmorphia is not limited to gender, after all. Maybe Ausar have more flexible Brain-Body maps, given that temporary sex swapping is apparently fairly common in their culture.

Speaking of dysmorphia, how about Shade?
“So you decided to keep the tail?”

“Heh, ‘decided’ might be a little strong of a word. When she bit into me, my cat-tail burned off to make room. Hurt like a bitch. Didn’t feel right walking around without a tail, and while I had the doc tied down, my new one decided to feed on him.
All of this is downplayed for the player because it's voluntary, and we kind of assume you're becoming your best/ideal self with the gene-mods. The amount of neural tinkering to allow someone born with two legs and no tail or wings to control 4 or 6 legs, up to 10 tails and up to 6 wings is actually pretty impressive when you think about it.

Did you... Did you just basically go with the "Straight men that don't want to date/fuck trans women are transphobic"?

Oh boy...
ScarletteKnight did imply genital preference is an acceptable thing, so not quite.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShySquare and Kesil
Nov 15, 2019
That's what I mean. You can be a dom or a sub, or gay or straight, until you're not. Because you were rapidly clicking through combat and are now engaging in a sex act you wouldn't if you had been paying attention.
Unless the NPC has a mechanic which locks you into a particular mode with them, but it doesn't affect your interactions with other NPCs. You could own Sera, Reaha and Bizzy, but tell Cruff you're a sub.

You don't have the illusion of choice, you have the illusion of defining Steele's sexuality. In fairness, the illusion holds most of the time, and it does allow the player the most freedom overall.

That's what staying in character means. It's on the player to stay true to their chosen preferences and personality. Just like other RPGs with roleplay options, the game is there to give you the paths to choose from according to the vision of your character, not define that character for you.

What I'm on about is that the game at least tries to support the idea that Steele's sexual preferences are whatever player's headcanon chooses, and Steele's not *necessarily* into everyone and everything.

A

Athena

It's more about the attitude, which was clearly born out of frustration. With that said, I get where you're coming from. I'm mainly into straight or F/F scenes, and my experience playing as a dude in this game tends to turn into a comedy entitled "Why Does Everything Want To Poke Me Up The Butt?!" Honestly, that's why I mainly just play as a chick - so I know there's one in every scene I read, though again, I usually shy away from dickgirl scenes. I get a little less content overall, but at least it's mainly content I'm interested it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I know. I agree that it's on the player to maintain their character's personality. But you can always change your mind, and that's what I mean about flexibility. No matter how much you've avoided a type of sex, you can always try it later, and Steele will enjoy it just as much as if you'd been doing it all along. This isn't a bad thing in itself.

However, you can't set a hard line and say: I will never indulge in 'thing' and have the game respect that. Like, say, not foisting certain types of dreams on you, or automatically greying out certain sex scenes that you would otherwise qualify for. Or not automatically fondling someone's genitals you've never had sex with (Prai Ellit, I'm looking at you). Really, in a 'realistic' game some Lust attacks (or similar) would be turn-offs for certain people. Instead, it just increases or decreases effectiveness.

If I got this right, they also implied that if you think that liking dick makes you a not heterosexual man (Which it does), then you are transphobic.
This is one of the reasons I think 'homophobic' and 'transphobic' are thrown around too much, with too little thought about what they actually mean. We really could use more precise terms, but they'd probably lose their meaning with time, too, if I'm any judge of linguistic evolution.

We conflate sex and gender, even when trying to separate them. Probably because 'sex' is a dirty word, not to be used in polite society, so we use 'gender' instead, even when 'sex' is more appropriate. A trans-woman may be a 'woman' in terms of gender (self image, mannerisms), but is still 'male' biologically. A male man (sex and gender) not being sexually attracted to someone with a male body or genitalia is not transphobia or homophobia, regardless of that person's identified gender. It is not fear of trans-people, nor a denial of their existence or right to exist as they are. It is simply not being attracted to them.

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine why demanding person A find person B attractive and be willing to have sex with them no matter what qualities person B has is problematic.

Note: I'm not accusing ScarletteKnight of holding this position.

Nov 15, 2019
However, you can't set a hard line and say: I will never indulge in 'thing' and have the game respect that. Like, say, not foisting certain types of dreams on you, or automatically greying out certain sex scenes that you would otherwise qualify for. Or not automatically fondling someone's genitals you've never had sex with (Prai Ellit, I'm looking at you).

Oh, I do very much agree about Prai and dreams (my initial criticism comment was exactly about them after all). Which is why I said that the game is merely trying to give you that freedom. Not saying it's doing a good job, though.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
To be clearer, my comment mentioned both transphobia because I read his comment as "I don't like girls with penises, because I am not gay", which would be calling these women men for having penises. The homophobia thing was really just added because people who are one are often the other, they stem from the same place. I am a trans woman, I most certainly do not think trans women are men, dong or no dong.

It's perfectly fine to not be with someone because of their genitals.

I'm not sure 'homophobia' or 'transphobia' are really the most accurate terms. I don't think characters like Syri or Kiro really fit our standard definitions anyway.
They are not accurate, but they are as close as I could get.

If a Kui-Tan exclusively had sex with non-hermaphroditic female genitaled and identifying persons, they would probably be considered a sexual deviant on their homeworld (for good, ill or indifference). Such people don't exist there without gene-modding. What would you consider a Kui-Tan that was born a hermaphrodite, but used gene-mods to remove the dick and balls?
Kui-Tan used to have women without dicks, and they are also part of a sort of galactic culture that doesn't give a shit about the gender or genitals of someone else's partner. So I don't believe they would consider anyone a deviant for that.

As for your question, the Kui-Tan is whatever they are. Changing your genitals doesn't affect your gender, and transitioning from one gender to another doesn't require genital change.

Also, nobody ever seems to acknowledge nonbinary folk here, they deserve consideration, and I'd also like to see a nonbinary person in-game at some point.

Syri got a dick by accident, then decided she liked it better. And to keep it safe for Valden. By all rights, she ought to have some degree of body dysmorphia, unless that bit of her brain also conveniently got scrambled with Valden's. Dysmorphia is not limited to gender, after all. Maybe Ausar have more flexible Brain-Body maps, given that temporary sex swapping is apparently fairly common in their culture.
Dysphoria and dysmorphia are two different things, though related. Anyway, again, gender and genitals don't need to be related. Syri isn't trans, but I've heard plenty of cis girls talk about wanting to try having a dick, so it's not really any different from that, she just decided to keep it. She also mentions it's great not going into heat, which is reminiscent of cis women complaining about their menstruation, and not technically relevant but a detail I like.

Speaking of dysmorphia, how about Shade?
She wouldn't feel right without it, just like anyone who's lost a limb, it's part of them and it not being there causes distress. People who lose limbs usually end up in therapy, because it's traumatic, and it's hard to live when you don't feel whole.

Edit:
If I got this right, they also implied that if you think that liking dick makes you a not heterosexual man (Which it does), then you are transphobic.
Just saw this, didn't want a double post. If I'm reading this right, you are saying that you think a man is not straight for being okay with a girl's dick? 'Cause I would certainly call that transphobic.

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
y all rights, she ought to have some degree of body dysmorphia, unless that bit of her brain also conveniently got scrambled with Valden's. Dysmorphia is not limited to gender, after all. Maybe Ausar have more flexible Brain-Body maps, given that temporary sex swapping is apparently fairly common in their culture.

We pretty much have to assume that body dysmoprhia isn't a thing in the 5500s, or else the entire game turns into a giant depression ball and everyone hates themselves or sucks on giant bags of TFs all day (which are entirely random, as you know) and it's even more of an awful corporate dystopia full of drug addicts.

Nov 15, 2019
To be clearer, my comment mentioned both transphobia because I read his comment as "I don't like girls with penises, because I am not gay", which would be calling these women men for having penises.

Dick is a masculine primary characteristic. Being a man that likes dick is gay. What you said is stupid.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Dick is a masculine primary characteristic.
Not in TiTSverse, when a penis or a vulva-and-vagina system can be a part of anyone's body, regardless or original sex or gender. Here, not all shemales or male/female herms are trans. Plus, as Savin has stated, fantasy games do not have to deal with real life trans woes or genetic conditions.

Being a man that likes dick is gay.
Being a man that likes dick is being a guy who likes a part of a body for whichever reason (not necessarily a sexual one!). Myself, I'm a straight female who'd like not to rely on strap-ons and wield the real deal alongside her own female parts. Similarly, I'd be okay if my male partners had an extra slit.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
To be clearer, my comment mentioned both transphobia because I read his comment as "I don't like girls with penises, because I am not gay", which would be calling these women men for having penises. The homophobia thing was really just added because people who are one are often the other, they stem from the same place. I am a trans woman, I most certainly do not think trans women are men, dong or no dong.
Again, there is sex and gender. A 'girl with a penis' may be a girl (gender), but she's also male (sex). Especially if she does not also have a vagina. We don't really have terms (pronouns, or words for how they fit into sexual dynamics) for actual functional hermaphrodites. I argue that under a specific definition of homosexual, it could be considered 'gay' for a male to be attracted to another male, regardless of gender expression or identity. I believe this is the definition Blabbering Moron is working with.

Since you disagree, what word or phrase would you suggest to describe the objection? If you want it to be adopted by the general public, shorter is better.

She wouldn't feel right without it, just like anyone who's lost a limb, it's part of them and it not being there causes distress. People who lose limbs usually end up in therapy, because it's traumatic, and it's hard to live when you don't feel whole.
Exactly. Despite what Savin said, body dysmorphia is a thing in-universe. Penny, Aina, Walt, Cynthia, everyone else (except Dr Lessau, maybe) at Steele Tech Biomedical, Reaha (who objected to the Treatment, but ended up modding herself into a cowgirl anyway) all used mods to solve their problem. Sandra didn't mod herself extensively, but did get bigger tits. In addition to the actually trans characters.

People who have undergone involuntary TFs are in a different boat. Delilah was tricked and feels uncomfortable with the changes, and I wish we could change him back. I'm using 'him' because when you meet him he identifies as a man and he's not happy. Maja is uncomfortable with her penis, at least partly because she hasn't had sex since she got it. Syri and Tuuva both enjoy their new endowment.

all i wanted was less size requirements and i come back to a nuclear war
I wouldn't go quite that far. We're having a passionate, but fairly rational debate. I hope no-one's unduly upset, anyway.

I understand it's a sensitive topic for many people, but if we can't talk about contentious issues, then the groups cannot reach an understanding of the other's position or convince people on the other side they're wrong. Name-calling and shaming never change minds, they only make the shamed be quiet about it in public.

Without that, the groups will drift apart and become more antagonistic to each other until no reconciliation is possible.

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
And it goes around and around and around and around and around and look out 'cause here's my lunch!

Reactions: strictlyplatonic

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Again, there is sex and gender. A 'girl with a penis' may be a girl (gender), but she's also male (sex). Especially if she does not also have a vagina. We don't really have terms (pronouns, or words for how they fit into sexual dynamics) for actual functional hermaphrodites. I argue that under a specific definition of homosexual, it could be considered 'gay' for a male to be attracted to another male, regardless of gender expression or identity. I believe this is the definition Blabbering Moron is working with.
Medically, it is important, just like everything else about everyone. But otherwise, there's no need to refer to women born with penises as "male", regardless of sex characteristics.

The pronouns for "functional hermaphrodites" are the same for any intersex people: whatever they goddamn please. She/he/they etc work just fine, depending on their gender and not their sex. Similarly, their gender determines their sexuality, and not their genitals.

I absolutely guarantee that gay men/straight women do not want to fuck me, but straight men do and gay women have, and I still have my "original equipment". It's literally about everything but my genitals, unless they decide our parts make us sexually incompatible, which happens to cis people all the time.

Exactly. Despite what Savin said, body dysmorphia is a thing in-universe. Penny, Aina, Walt, Cynthia, everyone else (except Dr Lessau, maybe) at Steele Tech Biomedical, Reaha (who objected to the Treatment, but ended up modding herself into a cowgirl anyway) all used mods to solve their problem. Sandra didn't mod herself extensively, but did get bigger tits. In addition to the actually trans characters.
Again, dysphoria is not dysmorphia, and I don't think most characters experience it. Reaha probably does, but (from my recollection) Aina didn't hate her body, just preferred a different one, which would be transitioning because of euphoria instead and is perfectly fine. This is probably the case for most characters who transform, they just like something else better. And losing a limb is not the same thing.

People who have undergone involuntary TFs are in a different boat. Delilah was tricked and feels uncomfortable with the changes, and I wish we could change him back. I'm using 'him' because when you meet him he identifies as a man and he's not happy. Maja is uncomfortable with her penis, at least partly because she hasn't had sex since she got it. Syri and Tuuva both enjoy their new endowment.
That's because they were happy with how they were, so being transformed gave them dysphoria. It would happen to most people. Maja may or may not actually hate her penis, she could just really hate not getting late. Syri and Tuuva like sex with their penises, and it does not make them feel any less woman, because they are not less.

I wouldn't go quite that far. We're having a passionate, but fairly rational debate. I hope no-one's unduly upset, anyway.

I understand it's a sensitive topic for many people, but if we can't talk about contentious issues, then the groups cannot reach an understanding of the other's position or convince people on the other side they're wrong. Name-calling and shaming never change minds, they only make the shamed be quiet about it in public.

Without that, the groups will drift apart and become more antagonistic to each other until no reconciliation is possible.
Everything I could say about this is inherently negative, which would immediately discount anything "rational" I had to say in some people's minds, so I will not.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
personally i think this game has too many restrictions, for a fetish game i think there should be much less *your penis is too big* or *your penis is too small, npcs will now laugh at you*
condensol cant automatically be used before selecting a scene so you often get stuck doing one you dont want to do even if your not a hyper-sized character.

we live in a society where 8 inches is small (but 13 is too big) i never thought i'd have to min-max my penis size
It takes a round, but Condensol can be used in combat.

And now for some numbers:
Zil Rations decrease penis size above 8", which suggests 9" should be perfectly respectable to Fetch & Carry. Maybe it's just because you've sexually exhausted Quinn, so they have unrealistic expectations.

According to Google, the average penis size is 5.16 inches erect.
Starting ranges for the various races:
Kaithrit: 4"-6"
Human & Ausar: 4"-8"
Kui-Tan: 5"-10"
Gryvain: 5"-12"
Leithan: 13"-20"

Mini and Hung do affect starting size.

9" is above starting Kaithrit, Human and Ausar, on the high end for Kui-Tan, in the middle for Gryvain and smaller than minimum for a Leithan.

There is a bit of background text saying average penis size among Humans and Ausar has increased, but still.

criticAlls

May 4, 2018
To be honest, I agree with Blab. There should be an option at the start to opt-out of having dreams.
This. So much this. It shouldn't be an item at all, it should be a default option. Hell, this game could use a whole option overhaul to let you enable and disable various fetishes right then and there instead of having to risk encountering them through play. That'll never happen, yet the dreams can and should just be made an actual option instead of an item

Nov 15, 2019
Actually, you're the weird one for coming in here acting like you have any say in the matter at all, or what makes people tick individually.

So if you post weirdly again you'll be out the door.
I mean, go ahead. No sweat off my ass if that happens. Not like I'm losing anything by no longer having the ability to indulge in a conversation with people that think having sexual interest in gender characteristics has no bearing on your sexuality, considering the fact that I literally made the account for the sole purpose of mentioning my dissatisfaction with dreams (and to a lesser degree, Prai Ellit).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bast
Nov 15, 2019
This. So much this. It shouldn't be an item at all, it should be a default option. Hell, this game could use a whole option overhaul to let you enable and disable various fetishes right then and there instead of having to risk encountering them through play. That'll never happen, yet the dreams can and should just be made an actual option instead of an item
Before I get banned, I had this thought dawn on me.

In the game, there turns out to be quite a couple of combat moves that can be deemed extremely unwanted by certain individuals. To give a few examples: 1) An adult cockvine can violate the character's mouth with it's tentacle midfight; 2) During combat, a Nyrea Huntress can shoot a jet stream of spooge into your character's face.

These are not loss scenes, mind you. They're not there to punish you for fucking up the fight. They are combat moves which you have no say in. Pretty unpleasant, right? Certainly not everyone would want to experience that.

But up until now, there was an excuse for them because of the fact that all "over the line" cases could be avoided by wearing armor with the "airtight" flag, which luckily can be found almost from the very beginning on Mhen'ga. It even has enough models to stay relevant throughtout the game (Atma Armor MK I from Mhen'ga during early game, Armstrong Space Suit from Myrellion for midgame, Jumper Spacesuit from Zheng Shi for endgame, not to mention the Gray Goo Armor being able to have the flag as well).

In particular, the helmet of my Atma armor shielded my character's face from both the spooge attack from the Nyrea, and the face-rape from the cockvine. Probably more than that, but I don't remember anything else.

Having said that, recently I found an article on the wiki about a combat encounter called Treated Zil Male (old name: Zil Bull). The funny part is that someone DESIGNED this little shit to have a combat move called "Charge", which strips your airtight armor for the rest of the encounter, no doubt in order to follow up with the combat move where he aggressively and non-consensually makes out with you, your face no longer being enveloped in the safety of your airtight armor, separating you from the nasty surprises of the outside world.

This got me thinking: Maybe all this disregard for people's preferences, in fact, isn't an unfortunate oversight, but instead a deliberate design choise?

Maybe me, you, and other people with boundaries of this kind are simply not the target audience of this game and shouldn't be playing it in the first place? Of course, inclusion may benefit the game's popularity, but maybe fucking with people like that is, like, Fenoxo's vision?

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
On the one hand, it's combat. It's kind of non-consensual by nature. On the other, as it's a Lust attack, it can only increase Lust, so again, you run into the nothing is a turn-off issue.

The Treated Zil Male being able to remove Airtight is annoying, yes. I get that some authors may feel Immunity is too easy an out, but it's there for a reason. The Nyrean Princess is completely harmless if you have Airtight. I'd think it'd be better design if you could spend a turn fixing your armor or something. Or it makes him more vulnerable somehow. Fortunately, he's a rare encounter in one place in the Mhen'ga Jungle, in a place you have no reason to be, long after you've probably left. He's potentially a nasty surprise, though.

Speaking of combat with Zil, Kane. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I usually have to use special attacks to do any damage at all, and he has an ability that drains your Energy, so you can't use special attacks. The Wiki says he's got a special counter so you can't use basic attacks twice in a row, but all but the first always fail. Come to think of it, that might actually be a bug.

Last edited: