Videogame intros

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
What are you guys and gals' favourite videogame intros? Doesn't matter if they're a cinematic, in-game or just engine-rendered. Trailers count if they're part of the game, and not just promo material. (Put links to videos in a spoiler to avoid stupid page-loading.)

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Easy Mode:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Some PlayStation ones. I blame their respective OSTs.

Reactions: Ethereal Dragon

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Easy Mode:

Awww yeah Tales of Series games are awesome plain and simple. I've only beaten 2 of them though Legendia and Abyss.

Some PlayStation ones. I blame their respective OSTs.

Wild Arms... I have a copy of that game still, same with Chrono Cross. God they don't make games as good as they did in the 90s and early 2000s anymore.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I have a ton of favorites, it is really hard to choose.

Also, @Woider this is the best Arthas cinematic. Next to when he ascends Icecrown Citadel to become the Lich King, of course.

Last edited:

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
Funny enough not only the intro/opening from most games listed here are great but all their soundtrack, tried to keep the list short

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017

Skeleton Man

Dec 22, 2015

[/SPOILER}

orcsoul

Nov 22, 2015

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
Spot lights 2 personal favorite mechs of mine only to promptly and utterly destroy them.

Would put Tiberian Sun instead since it was a personal fav but someone beat me to it: Peace Through Power!... Still prefer GDI's mechs though...

[

Reactions: TayJK

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
Tiberium Wars is the best C&C, that isn't RA2.
I know I was still reminiscing about Tiberian Sun where GDI fielded the Titan and Wolverine mechs even though I posted a video of RA2 and RanmaChan beat me to the good Tib sun cinematic.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I know I was still reminiscing about Tiberian Sun where GDI fielded the Titan and Wolverine mechs even though I posted a video of RA2 and RanmaChan beat me to the good Tib sun cinematic.

Well, I posted the Nod intro cinematic. You could have posted the GDI intro cinematic? Lol
Oh god. As much as I love Tim Curry and Peter Stormare, those cut-scenes always made me cringe.
Also the fact that someone thinks Tiberium Wars is second best, makes me kind of sad. xD

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Just because C&C4 was bad doesn't mean C&C3 wasn't great.

Eh, I dunno. I just couldn't take to C&C 3. Couldn't enjoy it. Dunno why. Different strokes for different folks though I suppose.
I think my favorite actor in RE2 next to Udo Kier as Yuri, would be Ray Wise as President Dugan. All I can think of when I see scenes with him is him turning to the player/camera and shouting: LAURA! Lol

Also, I just thought of another of my favorite ones!

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
[

Just replayed that last night! I'd like to say "It'd be great if not for having to walk so damn slow!" But the last 3 times I played through it I never thought to look up through the holes in the Normandy.

Reactions: Freed85

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark

orcsoul

Nov 22, 2015
If we're talking about RTS', and specifically C&C... how could anybody leave out the intro that objectively had the best musical number for the entire series :p

Reactions: Freed85

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
The problem with the more recent C&C games is that as soon as EA acquired westwood studies they fired pretty much the whole development team for Westwood. The result is the terrible crap that was released as C&C4, C&C4 was the final nail in the coffin for the C&C games, there were other games being developed in recent years but of course EA shut down those projects because they said they wouldn't be good. Reality of it is is that inter-corporate politics within EA is what caused those projects to be shuttered.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
The problem with the more recent C&C games is that as soon as EA acquired westwood studies they fired pretty much the whole development team for Westwood. The result is the terrible crap that was released as C&C4, C&C4 was the final nail in the coffin for the C&C games, there were other games being developed in recent years but of course EA shut down those projects because they said they wouldn't be good. Reality of it is is that inter-corporate politics within EA is what caused those projects to be shuttered.
There is a good "History of Command and Conquer" video that goes into this, on the GVMERS channel.