Venture Seas

Switch

Oct 28, 2015
A replacement thread to show/discuss the progress that's been happening with my game Venture Seas ^_^

Sorry for linking to the Patreon, but it has the best description of the game with pictures etc:
https://www.patreon.com/VentureSeas?ty=h

Patreon1.jpg

Still in alpha at the moment, but I release a new public build each month (until a refined demo is made):
http://virtuousdevelopment.com/wp/

Please feel free to check it out and give me some opinions and ideas for future systems/content that you'd like to see!

Marblak

Jan 14, 2016
Hi Switch,

I've got to say, this looks FAR more interesting than the original Venture Seas I played. I am very much liking this direction.

I will admit, I was saddened to see that EuTi was dropped, but it was understandable.

One thing I would like to mention, is that I'm not liking the half furry crew member I'm seeing at the top of your Patreon page. He just looks... awkward. I suggest making him a "full" furry or just make him a werewolf.

Switch

Oct 28, 2015
Thanks for the input Marblak!

I'll get some more opinions about ignacy (wolf man) as his personality is fleshed out a bit more and see if others would prefer a design change for future :)

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I seem to have a problem loading my game, so I don't know what's wrong.

And there seems to be a bug that freezes the game when Aurelia finds the gold underground and you don't have the beach background. It took me 5 tries before getting the beach background.

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
I don't know how much of this is my computer's fault, but currently, loading a saved game and trying to go full screen with the launcher causes the game to crash. Can give you the log if needed. Strangely trying to go full screen does nothing if ran straight from the java file instead of the launcher.

Another thing (though you may have done this purposefully as a teaser) is that Tiana's sex scene currently is black squares.

Switch

Oct 28, 2015
I seem to have a problem loading my game, so I don't know what's wrong.

And there seems to be a bug that freezes the game when Aurelia finds the gold underground and you don't have the beach background. It took me 5 tries before getting the beach background.

I accidently left a save button (for my debug purposes) in the options menu, where saving is currently only meant on the 'ship explore' screen (sorry!)

Does this aurelia bug happen after loading, or from a fresh game do you know? (feel free to use the 'scene jump' option, which can be accessed by the ladybug (debug) icon button to test)

Strangely trying to go full screen does nothing if ran straight from the java file instead of the launcher.

Another thing (though you may have done this purposefully as a teaser) is that Tiana's sex scene currently is black squares.

Does the game crash at fullscreen from a fresh launch? (without attempts to load etc?) What operating system and java version are you running?

The Tiana sex scene with black squares is very odd, do you know the specifications of your pc hardware? It would help me diagnose the issue :)

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Does this aurelia bug happen after loading, or from a fresh game do you know? (feel free to use the 'scene jump' option, which can be accessed by the ladybug (debug) icon button to test)

Considering I never loaded, it's from a Fresh game. It's happened both from playing through from the beginning and jumping to the section containing the content.

art926

Sep 8, 2015
" I suggest making him a "full" furry or just make him a werewolf " - No way! He is cute, don't touch him! )

Switch

Oct 28, 2015
Considering I never loaded, it's from a Fresh game. It's happened both from playing through from the beginning and jumping to the section containing the content.

I've caught the bug and should have it fixed for the next build, thanks for your help in reporting :)

No way! He is cute, don't touch him! )

If that's the case then I'll leave Ignacy as he is for now but hope that other characters of the same race (or a more beast anthro like the one in Euphorian Tide) will appeal to those who dont like the 'monster boy' style of ignacy.

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
This one loads 3/4 of the way and then just closes for me.

Switch

Oct 28, 2015
This one loads 3/4 of the way and then just closes for me.

Any errors popping up in the console when it crashes? If you can email me at switch101010@gmail.com the responses will be quicker for bug reports :)

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
Any errors popping up in the console when it crashes? If you can email me at switch101010@gmail.com the responses will be quicker for bug reports :)

No, it just closes, it loads about 90% of the way like it is about to play and then the client just closes. Also, wow... you literally just caught me s I was about to go to sleep. It is about to be 4am and I've been up for 6-7 hours working on an illustration o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Switch

Oct 28, 2015
No, it just closes, it loads about 90% of the way like it is about to play and then the client just closes. Also, wow... you literally just caught me s I was about to go to sleep. It is about to be 4am and I've been up for 6-7 hours working on an illustration o_O

">Solution to error: 'Couldn't load dependencies of asset: path/image.png' (Crashes during loading)
    This may be an issue with Java version 8. Try installing and running using Java 7 instead."

I suspect it may be this error. I realise installing Java 7 just to play this game is not ideal, but this is a temporary fix until libgdx solve the issues with Java 8 compatibility.

Alternatively, I'll release major build releases with a target Java runtime (7) intended to be used to run the game (avoiding this kind of error).

Sorry about the hassle ^_^'

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Been watching this one for a good while now. Still anxious lurking waiting for the day it has even more content.

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
I actually got it to play somehow a few days ag, not bad... Didn't really understand the combat system though, but I did like the simplicity of the art style.

Miscellaneous Forum Viewer

Apr 6, 2016
The character customization options don't work too well in the start, at least when ya play as a man. It swapped his face back to feminine and made his hair blonde and gave him tits despite opting to not have them as well as mixing up his genital size options. I don't know if similar things happen to female PCs as I don't play them.