Varmint taming

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
how do you tame it? ive my save says to find a professional but all the people i go to on each world there is not a option to help tame it?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Tamer npc is yet to be written then added (and I think Savin will be writing him/her so only him can tell you any closer date of this than "in undisclosed future"). As Crusader said for now only bimo can tame it (I think it not matter if you used Treatment or Dumbfuck or played hero with Dr on Tarkus that she forcefully made you into bimbo).

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You can probably sex it eventually too, if someone writes a hot enough scene.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I didn't say it was going to happen. But I mean, Fen's already written some pretty hot similar scenes.

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
90% sure we'll never be allowed to have sex with an animal of any kind. This has been discussed before. CoC's Hellhounds weren't animals, which is why they were allowed.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
90% sure we'll never be allowed to have sex with an animal of any kind. This has been discussed before. CoC's Hellhounds weren't animals, which is why they were allowed.

Cuntsnakes, cockvines, mimbranes... You got recipe: add bunch of tentacles, cunt in unusual place, and it is ok.

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
Those are parasites, and Fen likes parasites. 

Stumbled on a thread that can be summed up as "it's not beastiality if Fen likes it." 

Ailill

Jan 17, 2016
IIRC, there was a list of "things that will never be implemented" somewhere that included things like bestiality, vore, cp and stuff like this. As for cockvines, cuntsnakes etc. - imo it's just the way to bring tentacles in the game.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
"It's not bestiality if Fen likes it."

...That's what I said? Hellhounds and the Wild Hunt hounds are creatures that were given the bare minimum amount of humanoid traits in the writing (again, it was "good enough" for Fen). While the former were originally humans (probably), and the latter have traits such as bipedal movement, they're still "beast enough" to where it's ridiculous that we're still arguing about this. They don't even talk. Same concept applies to parasites and anything in "tentacle territory", although they don't have the same association as animals do. It gets more complicated when you consider things like Minotaurs (who didn't talk or show higher intelligence until well into CoC development) and say, the wolves from Nimin.

So of course, we have to draw the line at Fen's boner, and not an inch less.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
The Hellhounds were basically mutated people iirc. Or were basically monsters. 

I'unno. This all pretty much falls under Fen's wants. 

Altair Hayes

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
You can probably sex it eventually too, if someone writes a hot enough scene.

No beasting, unless you were to... oh I don't know. Give a varmint some Terran Treats, turning her into a hybrid. Then whose to say you don't have her on board as a companion as you teach her etiquette and manners.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Now that'd be something interesting to see.

Edit: wait, did you say "her"? I could have sworn it was an "it" when I caught one.

...yup, I triggered the scene in which it breaks free and it never says it's a "she" or a "he".

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
No beasting, unless you were to... oh I don't know. Give a varmint some Terran Treats, turning her into a hybrid. Then whose to say you don't have her on board as a companion as you teach her etiquette and manners.

Kinda feel like such a character ought to keep up with the whole taming thing. Like perpetual petplay with options on what kind of owner you are.

Maybe take her to a dog show of sorts. Even if it's just to indulge in your inner rich person.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015

Won't lie, that idea sounds SUPER interesting. Most likely won't happen but still a really interesting idea.

Also could give the varmint some intelligence boosters.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Won't lie, that idea sounds SUPER interesting. Most likely won't happen but still a really interesting idea.

Also could give the varmint some intelligence boosters.

Would be nice if you could still retain the varmint as an accessory and have her fight for you still. Would allow for a really low-tech Steele aesthetic if one focused on bow use.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Kinda feel like such a character ought to keep up with the whole taming thing. Like perpetual petplay with options on what kind of owner you are.

Maybe take her to a dog show of sorts. Even if it's just to indulge in your inner rich person.

*Puts on monocle and top hat* Go Varmint, use acid lick! (For some reason the idea of rich people playing pokemon with the beasts discovered during rushes came to me)

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
*Puts on monocle and top hat* Go Varmint, use acid lick! (For some reason the idea of rich people playing pokemon with the beasts discovered during rushes came to me)

Who the hell names something after it's species?

Also yes that's probably a thing. Though I was more on about a hypothetic sapient varmint so that probably wouldn't quite be the activity being enjoyed by rich people.

Though a pet play version of the game that ends with one pet fucking the other and the trainers mirroring their pets in addition to the wager of credits is appealing.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Who the hell names something after it's species?

Also yes that's probably a thing. Though I was more on about a hypothetic sapient varmint so that probably wouldn't quite be the activity being enjoyed by rich people.

Though a pet play version of the game that ends with one pet fucking the other and the trainers mirroring their pets in addition to the wager of credits is appealing.

I do, when I use the default name for something cause I'm too lazy to give it a proper name.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
If we get the option to name our Varmint I'm naming mine Pikachu.

Or Cu-Sith.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015

Silicon lifeforms need not conform to your "organic" views of personality! That's elementalist!

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
The proper term would be silicon, as in the element, but if it's stated in the game as silicone I can't say anything in defense of myself.

Blessed

Jan 25, 2016
I'm more curious of the benefits of taming one. Can I use it sort of like an organic Tam Wolf? Can I form an everlasting bond with it and have it be my loyal doge? Can I give it intelligence?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm more curious of the benefits of taming one. Can I use it sort of like an organic Tam Wolf? Can I form an everlasting bond with it and have it be my loyal doge? Can I give it intelligence?

Yes, while equipping the leash used to tame it, the varmint will be used like a drone in combat. Its damage output is similar to the Damaged Tam Wolf, but part of the damage is kinetic and part is corrosive. As far as interactions, it can only be petted and it will possibly run away if not leashed while on the ship. Not sure what the future plans for it will be however.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Its damage output is similar to the Damaged Tam Wolf,

Well that sucks IMO. Wish it's damage was like normal Tam Wolf maybe just slightly stronger. It could be like having the option," Do you want a robotic dog or an organic one". Also aren't Varmints suppose to be vicious and strong, not saying that we should get a really strong one. 

Also it would be really cool if the way you 'upgraded' your varmint was by feeding it TF's and if you could give it intelligence boosters to the point where you could have like conversations with it.

Really hoping that the varmint doesn't just get add in and then get forgotten about in the future.