Various Text Bugs

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully fixed for the next release.

Note: the use of "‘bot" is a shortened version of "robot". Either instances of "‘bot" or "bot" should be fine, I think.

Last edited:

voltfintrout

Jun 1, 2024
Noted. Thank you!

Exploring Mhen'ga some more.

Burt's Mead Hall, first visit
He glances up at you as he washes a tumbler out with one of the tails of his flannel shirt, raising a brow at you, “Welcome to Burt’s Badass Mead Hall, stranger. I’m Burt, the owner and bartender. Ya need anything to wet your whistle, just let me know.” He sets down the glass and grins at you, half leaning against the bar as he adds, “I’ve got drinks on tap, gossip to share, and a keen interest in certain... collectables.”
1. Replace comma after "raising a brow at you" with period.
2. collectables > collectibles, and in the button and button description on this page too. Collectable is the adjective, collectibles is the noun. Note that British English uses collectables for both.

Select Collectables?
You ask Burt what he meant about collectables.
collectables > collectibles

Subsequent Burt visits
He spreads his arms to show off the whole of his bar and smiles, “I’ve got mead on tap, gossip to share, and a cot in the back room.” giving you a wink at that last part.
Change comma after "smiles" to period.
Burt, Sex
He watches as you stretch out on the cot and then nods, “Well, I guess it’s my turn.”
Replace comma after "nods" with period.

He notices your focus on the inorganic member and chuckles softly, “Uh... yah, be careful around Galotians, if they are yellow and bubbly, that means that they are acidic.
Replace comma after "softly" with period.

Anal
Burt grins at you and spins you around abruptly, pushing against the small of your back to send you over one of the Mead barrels,
Make "Mead" lowercase.

only to thrust deep into you again, soon enough slapping his crotch your compact butt with every thrust.
Missing word after "his crotch". Against, into, etc.

his still erect member popping free of your lube-drooling butthole as he catches his breath and grins at you, “Thanks, Baron, I needed that.”
Replace comma after "at you" with period.

After sex
You can see the hologram of Three-Dee, flickering with static as she looks at a female Ausar, hoist into the air by one of Three-Dee’s bar mounted black tentacles, coiled tightly around the bitch’s neck.
hoist > hoisted

You raise your rock and aim at the tentacle, pulling the trigger and severing the tendril, letting the Ausar drop and scrabble for the safety of the exit with the rest of the patrons.
Maybe make this a tad bit more generic in case the player has a weapon that does not have a trigger, such as rock.

voltfintrout

Jun 1, 2024
Dryad, Drain her, Ass
they get a nice rubbing from below as she slowly withdraws before pushing back in.Void, it’s like having an iron
Missing space between sentences

Gigantic Rock, location where you can scan rock
You could probably scan it with your codex and radio it in to your Dad’s company for a quick prospector’s fee.
"Dad's" should be lowercase as it is not directly substituting a name

Naeleen Herm, lust loss
You gasp as she pinches your eye-catching nipple, taking this opportunity to sneak her tongue into your mouth and to yours into submission.
and to yours into submission > uhhh something that's not "to", drawing a blank. Fight, wrangle, wrestle, etc.

Naleen Male, lust loss
The naleen doesn’t spare you much time to adjust, eager to get off himself, he begins thrusting at a rather brisk pace.

You moan as you feel your hole stretched by his alien length, the bulges aligned in such a way to caress your walls and tease you, stretching and releasing as it goes go further in and then pull out, grinding against your dick, making you instinctively start to hump back against him.
1. Change comma after "adjust" to period.
2. goes go further in and then pull out > goes further in and then pulls out

Dane, loss
The word harem is punctuated by what feels like dozen of the bloating knobs forcing their way inside.
Add "a" before "dozen" or change to "dozens"
Tarkus, first approach
At first glance this appears to be a lifeless system, however, as the ships sensor suite comes online instruments alert you to extreme electromagnetic interference emanating from the planet below,
ships sensor suite > ship's sensor suite

Big Reptile, first encounter, Help Him
Noticing your flat chest, he nods absently as he finally meets your eyes again.
Extra space after "absently"

Blowjob
Spurred onward, you wrap as much of your slender lips around each orb in turn,
Add "as you can" after "lips", or remove "as much of"

Sydian Male, first encounter
A long, powerful tail sways behind it, tipped feathery feelers that look similar to its antennae and plumage.
tipped feathery > tipped with feathery

“Sydian detected. Initial reports their feelers and antennae secrete a highly corrosive substance with mild aphrodisiac qualities.
Initial reports > Initial reports state, or something similar

Sydian Male, defeat
Falling on your knees you look at the victorious alien standing over you.
Extra space after "knees"

Male Butt Bug, use him
You gasp as it pops into you, his shaft grinding against the back of your testicles as.
Remove ending "as", or remove period and combine with following sentence.

Your shaft throb each time he hilts into you, and he rubs your balls as he goes Your prick drip alabaster precum from the stimulation while the liquid flows down your frenulum.
1. Your shaft throb > your shaft throbs
2. Missing period after "goes"
3. Your prick drip > Your prick drips

Male Sexbot, Let It
When it reaches the top it climbs delicately onto your bulging head and - you can’t stop yourself arching your back - envelopes it, plunging the sensitive end of your cock into a tight fleshlight center.
envelopes > envelops

“Scanning in progress”, you think you hear it calmly state
Move comma inside the quote

voltfintrout

Jun 1, 2024
Omega Oil, gain Omega Fever perk
Well, it looks like the effects of the Omega Oil has, more or less, left its permanent mark on you!
effects of the Omega Oil has > effects of the Omega Oil have

Tarkus, Rust Fields, collecting hardlight naga suit
Huh. So now you know who made that suit. And wait, he’s been monitoring you? One, that means the hardlight taur suit has been sending data of whatever you did with it to some mad scientist? That’s... rather embarrassing.
One > What
Would expect a following sentence to start with "Two" for another thought.

And much like the hard light taur suit, this one has a weird belt with a familiar switch.
hard light > hardlight?

Try It On
It’s a good thing you’re sitting, because your legs are hugged so tight by the suit and the jelly, that you would definitely not be able to stand.
Remove comma after "jelly"
Fox Taur, first encounter
“Alright, thank you for your time,” She rubs her forehead,
Change commas after "time" and "forehead" to periods.

Sit Down
“Mmm chico, you learn how to read people in this line of work. You carry yourself different from a civie or an officer,” she says with a soft chuckle.
civie > civvy

Carmelita, Sex
She pulls the zipper of her top down, letting her bountiful E-cup jiggle free while still keeping her jacket on.
E-cup > E-cups, or E-cup breasts

Get Fucked
making sure that every inch of your insides are covered in the slick slaver.
every inch of your insides are > every inch of your insides is

You don’t know if you thrusted your ass back, or if she buried her tool into your narrow, slime-drooling asshole first.
thrusted > thrust

She lets out a long, low exhale as she starts slowly pulling out before suddenly grunting to plunges herself back in, grinding her knot against your hole.
grunting to plunges herself > grunting and plunging herself

The steady panting coming above you mixes in with the soft thumping of her balls colliding with your backside.
coming above you > coming from above you

Her knot has been growing steadily, and it’s swollen to the point that it hitches on your rim every time she pulls back. Only to leave you like a cork ejected from a bottle seconds later.
Combine sentences with comma, second is incomplete.

And just in time too, as she sheaths herself in you, and lowers her body down over you.
sheaths > sheathes

Thankfully, there’s a lot less effort required this time, as your hole is still battered to submission.
battered to > battered into

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
Niddhy outro, name mispelling:

When you wake up, you feel amazingly well-rested. And quite notably, clean. You were a mess of sweat and cum before you fell asleep, but right now you're as clean as can be, and you also smell faintly of flowers. And yet Nidhy is still there, your head resting against her soft breasts while she idly rubs and caresses your head and back. You can only put it down to motherly magic.

voltfintrout

Jun 1, 2024
And 10 more:

Relly, Butt Plug
“There we are,” he said, picking up a towel from below and wiping his hands clean. “Primed and ready to go! Now then, now then...”
said > says

You feel a strange thrill from that, not even knowing if he’s flashing stranger with your fingered narrow, slime-drooling asshole.
stranger > strangers

Sydian Male, Fuck Fever encounter
The jacked alien’s taut groin mashes close, grinding incredible internal stimulation through your innards whilst your prick leak white lust into the soil.
your prick leak > your prick leaks

A final, pendulous thrusts and the enthusiastic stud halts, climax exploding out of him like a dormant volcano erupting after hundreds of years.
thrusts > thrust
Bhakar, Fuck My Ass
You let you a ragged howl of pleasure as you orgasm, cum spurting from your dick and spilling across Bhakar’s fingers.
You let you > You let out

Service Bhakar
“Why don’t follow me over to the fireplace, friend. As long as you’re offering, I think I’d like to be comfortable and relaxed during it.”
Add "you" after "don't"

You groan at the heavy, masculine scent, dizzied by it as you mouth this turgid length through the fabric.
this > his

One had reaches down to stroke your hair as his takes a sip from his glass.
as his takes > as he takes

Take that as a positive sign, you take him in further, sucking him down bit by bit, your tongue swirling around his meat as your hungry lips suck and slobber around his throbbing shaft.
Take that as > Taking that as

When his finally cums, you’re on the verge of passing out, but hardly care.
When his > When he

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully all fixed for the next release.

One > What
This one is fine. In the context of the game, "One" is an exclamation similar to "God", as there is an in-game religion called the Church of the One God.

civie > civvy
I'll give this one a pass since "civie" is an informal alternative spelling of the word and it is specifically used in a dialogue line. If it was part of the outside text, there is reason to be more critical.

Generally, we'd want to follow US English as the style of spelling, but if the text is under quotes, acceptable alternative spellings may be given leniency as that could represent a stylized form of speech or a regional/cultural accent. This can be seen for some characters who speak with UK spellings (all the various -lise, -lising, -lour word spellings are left intact).

I think one thing we set as a hard no is the use of tildas "~" to all texts, dialogue or not. But I think writers still use them, even though it's a no-no. If it's part of an actual written document, like a codex story or other literal readings (emails, signage, etc.), it may be exempt, but regular use is not considered correct.

Reactions: voltfintrout

voltfintrout

Jun 1, 2024
I don't think I recall passing tildes, but I'll keep an eye out.
Only got one more in Tarkus on my secondary save before the train dungeon released.

Rusher, Backdoor'd
You know the rusher isn’t going to wait, and with baited breath you prepare yourself for what comes next.
baited > bated

Cuz first sits down
That, at least, snaps you awaken. “Jack? What’re you doing here?”
awaken > awake

The hand not resting on her gunbelt slowly draws a cigarillo from pack strapped to one of her bracers, clenching it between those full red lips of hers.
from pack > from a pack, or the pack

Flirt With Jack, Suck Him Off
The hand already between his legs can feel his immediately, impassioned reaction
immediately > immediate

Flirt With Jack, Get Oral
You let out an appreciate little noise and go from holding his hair to stroking it,
appreciate > appreciative
(Edit Already reported here: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/0-9-108-public-5356-train-dungeon.39542/post-444762)

Woken by Cuz
You blink the sleep out of your eyes in a hurry as dark shapes being to manifest from the haze,
being > begin

Drop your weapons and your valuables into my associates’ hat here and-”
associates' hat > associate's hat, or associates' hats
Apostrophe after s is plural possessive.

Cooperate, lust loss
From the corner of your eye, you spot a trio of hyraxi thugs closing in on Jack, who puts up a brave resistance but but is eventually subdued.
Double "but" action

Select Warmistress
From the front, the opening chords of a triumphant power ballad start up. Your heart sinks. You guess they were able to grab Elystiel before she was able to fly off.
I don't recall an Elystiel being mentioned up to this point. Can't find them searching the wiki or discord either. Maybe someone you run into later in the dungeon, after this bad end is first available? Or meant to be a different name?

These little injections invariably give you an instant erection as well, and the teddy boys happily squat on that too, grunting as they milk their prostates with your shaft, using you in every way they are is to be used.
they are is > there is

In the morning Jack comes back down from the penthouse suite, looking clean and... distant. he doesn’t seem to notice you or any of the other prisoners, or remark on the fact you are utterly festooned in cum and covered in bites and slap-marks, which is astonishing considering. he just sits himself down and stares into the middle distance, lips gently parted, knees spread. You are unsure if it’s just a trick of the light that he appears to be steaming slightly.The next few months are a rough, tough adjustment for you and the other founding members of the Maretai harem.
1. Capitalize "he" at start of second sentence
2. Is the second sentence meant to end with "considering"? Seems abrupt.
3. Capitalize "he" at start of third sentence.
4. Space missing between fourth and fifth sentences.
(Edit: 1, 2, and 4 already reported here: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/0-9-108-public-5356-train-dungeon.39542/post-444762)

Jack has a tougher time adjusting. he is a man used to good living, giving orders and getting their way,
Capitalize "he"

With the greatest patience in the galaxy, you get pretty sick and tired of listening to him voice rising above the luxury lounge’s usual hubbub to complain and cry.
him voice > his voice

“Mmm.” Jack pecks her temple with his lips. You’ve known him long enough to tell when they’re showing genuine affection below their cattiness, and as you watch her lips press against the dusky, dusty flesh your last, faint hope snuffs out. “We’ll see.”
her lips > his lips
On the topic of Cuz's pronouns, is it acceptable to swap from his/her macros to they/their/them in the same sentence? Or in general? Not major, but seems odd when it's a mix in the same sentence.

Go It Alone, lust loss, hover over Warmistress button
If you're gonna be taken to her anyway, you'd rather just skip the unnecessary banging.// page break and go straight to the warmistress' bad end
Some stage directions got left in at the end.

Select Alpha Boy
In your current state, it takes no effort for him to haul you onto one of the seats access to your ass.
seats access > seats to get access

You’d like to blame it all on the aphrodisiac, but you know it’s more to that
know it's more to that > know it's more than that, or know there's more to it than that
(Edit Already reported here: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/0-9-108-public-5356-train-dungeon.39542/post-444762)

Next
True to his word, the raider makes sure your ass and mouth hardly go a day without at least one load. Usually far more than that. He even gets the hyraxi alchemist to jack up yourERROR: COULD NOT FIND ATTRIBUTE "highLibido" FOR OBJ "pc" sensitivity, so that you’re always ready to go and able to orgasm without even touching yourself.
ERROR: COULD NOT FIND ATTRIBUTE "highLibido" FOR OBJ "pc"
My libido :(

Being filled with your alpha’s semen 24-7 becomes so natural that you even start to forget what it’s like not to his spunk in your ass, belly or both.
not to his > not to have his

My word this thing's long. Gonna take a few tries to get to the end.

Last edited: