Valor and glory - New public version 27/01/2019!

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1g - 08/04/2017
New features:
- A new F/F victory scene involving the moohmin. Big on face sitting with parts of domination. +30 lust required.
- A new M/M victory for the ratling. Tied up the hands and use that mouth. +30 lust required.
- New sprite for the Cumquat in the western forest. Watch him swing that lower-body cucumber.
- The text during combat will now scroll to the bottom, unless interacted with during combat. This was the best solution I could find, even if it does jump at bit =)
- Added an option for you to skip animations during combat. Go to option and check disable animations
- Added tool tips to the inventory/loot screen and shop screen. Hold the cursor 1.5 sec over an item icon to some info on said item.

Fixes:
- Fixed that the options screen will now show your settings properly.
- Apparently the load save from start screen have been bugged since January -_-; whoops. Should work properly now.

Notes:
- The moohmin scene is winning F/F patreon scene.
- Have been a bit under the weather lately, so the update got delayed. Apologies

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1h - 24/05/2017
New features:
- The city of Wetlock has been added. It's rather barebone currently.
- You can travel to Wetlock by speaking to the gate guard at the outer walls.
- Added a new enemy in Wetlock: the drunken oaf. Hasn't got a sex scene yet but comes with its sprite and animation
- Added a sprite for the moohmin enemy. Has its idle animation.
- Added that you can now ask Moira, Smiggins or Ealin for advice on the main quest, and they'll point you towards Wetlock.
- Added a new F/F + voyour scene. Speak with Sal around 10pm-11pm. Have to have met Moira beforehand.
- Added two new craftable items in the armor category: Venture boots & the Horned leaf cap.

Fixes:
- Fixed a bug where equipment tooltips wouldn't be shown in inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the menu bar wouldn't update when equipping gear.

Notes:
- This took quite a bit longer than planned, but these past months have sadly been rather busy in terms of work.
- The backdrop when fighting in Wetlock will be dungeon one until time comes around for me to draw a new one.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1i - 03/07/2017
New features:
- Added a new character: Feron the blacksmith. Find him in Wetlock's northern market area.
- Feron sells a number of different iron related items to beef you up... for money!
- Added the loss scene for the drunken oaf fight (no art yet).
- Added a new F/F player victory scene for the brownie.
- Added a quick travel point to Wetlock. If you've got the wanderer's stone, you can unlock it at market's fountain.
- Added a new type of attack animation: throwing (currently only for the brownie).
- Added some different status effects to the player.
- Added remaining animations for the Boar.
- Added remaining animations for the Brownie.
- Added remaining animations for the Ratling.
- Added remaining animations for the Red Slime.

Fixes:
- Fixed a bug where the quicktravel locations wouldn't show if switching from the map UI.
- Fixed a bug where the characters would close in on eachother during fights.
- Fixed a bug where you wouldn't lose upon maxing out lust during combat.

Notes:
- Payments have been refunded for June due to my work related absence.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
A new male character?

We know what's goin' on. :^)

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
It seems that unequipping and reequipping items fully restores your health and mana. It's a really big exploit.

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
Someone else may have reported it - in Westlock, there's a chance to be put into a battle state against no opponent (only the PC appears as a sprite and in the queue). It happened after activating the fountain.

I also managed to lose an item by incompletely dragging it from its equipment slot to the inventory. RIP spider hat. :(

Dragging loot from the loot slots onto already existing item stack of the same item type also produces a loss sometimes (e.g. if you get 3 leaves, dragging them to a stack of 2 leaves produces a stack of 4 leaves instead of 5). The "get all" button works correctly in the same situation.

Occasionally, there are things in the text that I assume are unprocessed parser tags (like "(skin/fur)"), but I didn't note where exactly they appear. :( There's also a dialog that uses a default name for the PC, but again I need to replay to tell you which one it is.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Someone else may have reported it - in Westlock, there's a chance to be put into a battle state against no opponent (only the PC appears as a sprite and in the queue). It happened after activating the fountain.

I also managed to lose an item by incompletely dragging it from its equipment slot to the inventory. RIP spider hat. :(

Dragging loot from the loot slots onto already existing item stack of the same item type also produces a loss sometimes (e.g. if you get 3 leaves, dragging them to a stack of 2 leaves produces a stack of 4 leaves instead of 5). The "get all" button works correctly in the same situation.

Occasionally, there are things in the text that I assume are unprocessed parser tags (like "(skin/fur)"), but I didn't note where exactly they appear. :( There's also a dialog that uses a default name for the PC, but again I need to replay to tell you which one it is.
That's a lot of great feedback :) I'll look into it and thank you very much for trying out my game.
**Incompletely dragging, does that mean you released it before being over an inventory space?

Last edited:

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
**Incompletely dragging, does that mean you released it before being over an inventory space?

Yes, though I haven't been able to replicate it yet.

I've managed to replicate the "battle without an opponent" - it happens after buying and equipping a rabbit motive shield. I haven't tried the other shields.

A few typos/parser tag bugs:
- the "skin/fur" is in the moohmin milking scene
- Moira's Gift scene refers to the PC as "SceneController"
- in the first fountain dialog, there's an unprocessed "sonny/missy"
- a "\n" in the log in front of "You manifest the chilling northern winds..."

Last edited:

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015

I've managed to replicate the "battle without an opponent" - it happens after buying and equipping a rabbit motive shield. I haven't tried the other shields.

It actually happens if you buy any of the gear from the shop in wetlock and put them on. I just kinda stopped playing at that point since I was at the end of content and I hit a glitch that totally stopped all fights.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016

I've believe to have figured the combat error, and it's fuck up on my part. Not thinking things through on my error handling.
Thank you so much for finding those text errors, I reaaally hope there wasn't too much tedium involved with reading all that text :p

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1j - 08/07/2017
New features:
- Added art to the drunken-oaf-player-lost scene.
- Added combat sprites for the new weapons.
- Added remaining animations for the Wood runner.
- Added remaining animations for the Forest golem.
- Changed combat so that a monster will always do minimum 1 damage per attack, even when stacked up on armor.

Fixes:
- Fixed a game breaking combat bug. I messed up with the lack of sprites for the new weapons resulting in no enemy available during combat. If you're loading a game; unequip any weapon or shield from Feron's shop and then re-equip it to hopefully fix this.
- Fixed a bug where switching equipment would refill health and mana.
- Fixed an issue where dragging a loot item unto inventory wouldn't add the amounts together properly.
- Fixed a number of parsing errors. Thanks to CleasingFire for pointing out these.

Sorry for inconvenience I might have brought

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1m - 21/07/2017
New features:
- The bandit now sneaks around in Wetlock. Watch your pouch. Portrait is a placeholder.
- New combat background for the city of Wetlock.
- Want to bent over and take what the enemy can dish? Then the new combat submit button is for you! It's the white-flag-button a bit above and to the right of the monster. Doesn't work on enemies that kills you...
- Added artwork for the Brownie x Ratling scene.
- Added a bunch of ambient music to a number of areas. I hope you won't find the combat music too extreme :p
- Added some fluff for Feron, telling a nugget of his backstory.
- The surrounding tiles you start your adventure on now also have the potion scene event. Only works once though.

Fixes:
- Grammar fixes for the spider boss encounter, by FruitViking.
- Fixed an error where paying the gate guard with sex would lock you in the upper left corner on the town map.
- I've updated unity to a newer version and re-created the meta data folder in attempt to fix the white screen bug.
- Fixed a bug with the woodrunners animations.
- Some graphical fixes.

Notes:
- Updating unity often results in breaking the old stuff. Please report it to me if you find anything that's suddenly screwed up.
- This newer version of unity have dropped the compatibility for directx that was used by Windows XP, so people with this OS will likely have issues from here on out.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1n - 03/08/2017
New features:
- Added a sprite for the baby spider encounter. Only has an idle animation.
- Added a painted portrait for the Bandit.
- Added a new player-won scene for the Cumquat. Work for both male and female player characters.
- The Cumquat now has all its animations.
- The Moohmin now has all its animations.
- Added some more fluff to Feron.
- The Cumquat can now drop a new edible item. Low drop chance.

Fixes:
- Fixed some parsing errors.
- Fixed an issue where sprites wouldn't show a monster being damaged.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1o - 19/08/2017
New features:
- The new Tcharn race is available to knight tier patrons.
- The Tcharn starts with a spell called "Gale". The other races will receive similiar starting bonuses.
- Added artwork for the blowjob scene with the wood runner.
- Added the player-lost-scene for the bandit (no art yet)
- Added the bandit's combat animations.
- Lowered the chance of monster encounters.
- Lowered the required crafting materials for a numbers of the first craftable items.

Fixes:
- Fixed that the mute option actually mutes the music
- Fixed some minor text errors in the customize character screen.
- Fixed a bug with abilities. Fantasize should now work properly.
- Tried fixing that the healthbars would turn when the monster was running backwards.

Tcharn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zavos

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1p - 09/09/2017

Get the game at www.valorandglory.com/Game/ValorAndGlory.zip
and support the game at www.patreon.com/valorandglory

New features:
- Added a new (reeaally long) scene for the M/F crowd. Activate it by walking around Clover's barn on the map between 22pm and 2am.
- Added a new hidden event inside the Foxhole tavern. Click the background somewhere during service hours to initiate it.
- Added art for the bandit player lost scene.
- Added new art for the ratling blowjob scene.
- Added new art for the moohmin face-sit scene.
- Added new art for the cumquat riding scene.
- Resized the UI for the customize character screen.
- Added a pop-op when attempting to craft with a full inventory.

Fixes:
- Proof reading by FruitViking.
- Fixed a bug with the bandit's healthbar

Notes:
- The hidden event is the first multi-choice scene, where you have have to decide one or the other. I hope to have many more of these, putting the player in dilemmas each time.

ratlingBlowie.jpg

Reactions: Zavos

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
Hmm, apparently the game doesn't reset completely after a game over - I got killed by the spider in the first dungeon, and when I started with a new character, they already knew the Kindle spell.

KingBBC

Nov 1, 2016
Leopold!

When getting the Dual-Wield Perk, only the Primary Weapon is visible during combat, not the secondary. (The Weapon you have in the first slot is visible, not the one in the right offhand-slot)

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Hmm, apparently the game doesn't reset completely after a game over - I got killed by the spider in the first dungeon, and when I started with a new character, they already knew the Kindle spell.
Thanks for informing me :D I hadn't seen that one.

Leopold!

When getting the Dual-Wield Perk, only the Primary Weapon is visible during combat, not the secondary. (The Weapon you have in the first slot is visible, not the one in the right offhand-slot)
Yeah hehe, I need make all the prefab weapons for the other hand :p I'll put it on my Trello to do list

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Update_0.1.1q.png
Get the game at www.valorandglory.com/Game/ValorAnd.....orAndGlory_0.1.1q.zip
and support the game at www.patreon.com/valorandglory

New features:
- Added a new quest from Clover. You need to have finished her first quest.
- The quest involves a new boss monster. Be prepared!
- After finishing the quest, a new character is unlocked at Clover's farm.
- This character can provide you with a healing item once per day.
- The drunken oaf now has all his animations
- The baby spider boss now has all its animations
- Buffs and debuffs are now visible as small icons above the PC and monsters. Mouse over for tooltip.
- Added some journals on different locations
- On request I moved the off-hand sprites up my work list. They're now added and I gotta admit that dual wielding iron swords looks badass. Unequip and re-equip current off-hand weapon for it to work.
- Added functionality to the maps so tiles can change looks based on events.
- Added sorting layers to avoid sprite parts overlapping.

Fixes:
- Been comprissing a lot of images, making the game's total size less than half of its former size!
- Fixed a bug where the barn orgie scene wouldn't deduct lust.
- The secret scene's buttons for "share" and "keep" had been switched around, but they're now fixed.
- Resetting your character after a defeat turned out to be really buggy. Should be fixed now.
- Fixed some bugs with the player dying animation sometimes playing twice.

Notes:
- Holy balls! I found a way to compress my images to 1/3 of their former file size, simply by making sure the width & height is a multiple of 4 in Unity3D. Oooh happy day.
- I'll try to remember to rename the zip-files to fit the current version of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingBBC and Zavos

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
- The drunken oaf now have all his animations
- The baby spider boss now have all its animations

This is how I know you're not a native English speaker; it should be 'now has'. I'm nitpicky enough that the second I saw that I couldn't concentrate on anything else, lol.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
This is how I know you're not a native English speaker; it should be 'now has'. I'm nitpicky enough that the second I saw that I couldn't concentrate on anything else, lol.
Ahh, frick. And I've practically written that everywhere xD

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Ahh, frick. And I've practically written that everywhere xD

It depends on who you're referring to. I and they have it, but he or she has it. In other words, for singular owners that aren't yourself, it's has. For yourself or groups of people that own something, it's have.

I recall doing some editing of a bunch of your game text a while back, so hopefully you can forgive me for being so anal retentive about proper grammar :p.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
QXRdbgAKw_iWfKM9V7hZ0WFnQZl-mdIollfNO-LxZp-Sa-Je7RsvZSUlwfz_j_lL.png

Get the game at https://www.patreon.com/posts/15124077

Game version 0.1.1r - 19/11/2017
New features:
- The local brothel in Wetlock has been opened! Welcome to the "Inn and out"!
- Rodham, the bartender at the Inn and out, comes with some fluff and a sex scene for both male and female players!
- Dusk works the pole at the Inn and Out. Doesn't have anything yet beside his introduction.
- Ealin has received a new sex scene for female players! Drunken fun! Needs to have completed her quest.
- The patreon poll winning M/M scene is in! After defeating the bandit in Wetlock, it's now possible for male players to "teach him a lesson". (No art yet)
- Elemental spells now have a chance to either burn, freeze or paralyze targets.
- Burning deals damage over time, being frozen applies shattering for extra damage on basic attacks and paralyze applies a chance to lose ones turn.
- The great bumpkin boss has received its artwork
- The great bumpkin boss has received all its animations
- Added a new mage perk that makes it easier to apply spell's status effects

Fixes:
- Fixed an issue with the spider's sprite lumping together
- Turns out all the spell animations were cutting themselves off early. This has been fixed.

Notes:
- We've got a new poll going on patreon for the next knight tier race to be included! Come join today.
- Can't remember the name of who came up with the idea for status effects for spells, but thank you. It was a good one.
- Characters will now receive moving portraits to give them a bit more life :)

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
I want to give this a try. I downloaded it and started it up. I get the sword censor but the picture just goes white as it loads up the menu.. Is there something I need to update or anything? Downloaded latest standard version.

Last edited:

Losotros

Feb 25, 2017
I want to give this a try. I downloaded it and started it up. I get the sword censor but the picture just goes white as it loads up the menu.. Is there something I need to update or anything? Downloaded latest standard version.

I actually had this same thing occur to me. I simply redownloaded the game and that seemed to fix the issue for me!

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
I actually had this same thing occur to me. I simply redownloaded the game and that seemed to fix the issue for me!

I've redownloaded too but same issue. I'll give it another try in case I'm just having bad luck and it'll fix itself.

Just assume it is still not working for me until I say it is and it's all good.

EDIT: I tried again and still get a white screen but I did notice when I went to play with dragging the window, I'd see the menu for like a second. Each drag, it'd flicker from white to the menu. So odd.

Last edited:

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
Deleted my last post. I ended up finding out my problem was that some how my graphics processor driver had missed an update from last it. Once I had done that, the game loaded up with no more white screens annoying the fuck outta me. lol If anyone else has the same issue, it seems to be related to your graphics card. I read the usual problem was that some people have two different cards which conflicted with the game. So look into that if you have the problem and your drivers are updated.

Now onto the game, I got to play for a little bit. I last saved just as I entered the city. I'm liking the vibe and it is really neat seeing the animations and art in this game. I'm impressed and eager to see how it will look by the time the game is much more fleshed out. There were a handful of errors with some of the character's descriptors. I should've noted them on something as I was playing. Do you have a beta reader? Someone with fresh eyes to look over the writing and make any corrections needed to it. Definitely be a good idea to have someone now, this early in the building of the game instead later which would just have much more scenes to read and double check.

One issue I was having, I was wondering is HP gonna eventfully be able to regenerate as well when on the map? Like MP. It got a little frustrating because before I got the Mend spell, if I was out of potions, I was losing on my way back to the tavern. Mend helps a little more to last but not much. These are my initial thoughts right now.

Reactions: Leopold visette

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Deleted my last post. I ended up finding out my problem was that some how my graphics processor driver had missed an update from last it. Once I had done that, the game loaded up with no more white screens annoying the fuck outta me. lol If anyone else has the same issue, it seems to be related to your graphics card. I read the usual problem was that some people have two different cards which conflicted with the game. So look into that if you have the problem and your drivers are updated.

Now onto the game, I got to play for a little bit. I last saved just as I entered the city. I'm liking the vibe and it is really neat seeing the animations and art in this game. I'm impressed and eager to see how it will look by the time the game is much more fleshed out. There were a handful of errors with some of the character's descriptors. I should've noted them on something as I was playing. Do you have a beta reader? Someone with fresh eyes to look over the writing and make any corrections needed to it. Definitely be a good idea to have someone now, this early in the building of the game instead later which would just have much more scenes to read and double check.

One issue I was having, I was wondering is HP gonna eventfully be able to regenerate as well when on the map? Like MP. It got a little frustrating because before I got the Mend spell, if I was out of potions, I was losing on my way back to the tavern. Mend helps a little more to last but not much. These are my initial thoughts right now.

Apologies I wasn't here to offer support when you were having issues, but I'm happy you managed to find the solution :) I'll take the critique on mend/regeneration and add it to my Trello list of suggestions

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Download the latest version at: https://www.patreon.com/posts/publi.....ion-0-16690047

PatreonUpdate.png

New features:
- The game has received race-specific sprites for the player character. No more purple man/woman during combat.
- It's possible to customize some characters during creation. Other races will receive their customization in the future.
- People using an old save will receive their race's default look. I've tried my best to make the sprites backwards compatible.
- Knight tier patreon supporters can now play as the Druchmari, the dark elves.
- Druchmari start with high charisma and intelligence, and have the perk "Dark charm", giving them charisma check bonuses.
- Uthgarr the female orc is standing guard outside the Blacksmith during nighttime.
- Uthgarr has an unfriendly first impression, but is up for drinks afterwards. She also packs a punch.
- Once on talking terms with Uthgarr you can share a cold brew with her. Male players also has the option of some tender fondling, oral and sexing.
- Two new types of status effects have been added: stunned and enraged.
- Stun adds a chance for the person to loose his turn, and rage makes the attacker ignore the defenders armor.
- Bucky has been added to the Inn and Out brothel. No sex scenes yet sadly.
- The drunken oaf have received a new special attack and he also drops beer more frequently.
- Smiggins have expanded his stock and now sells some charisma boosting clothing items.
- The ursine, humans and shoredwellers have received starting perks. Ursines have claws for unarmed bonus damage. Humans have tinkering for at chance to gain double points on crafting. Shoredwellers have scaly skin for decreased damage from enemy basic attacks. These will only work on newly created characters.
- Some of the player's animations have received changes.
- Combat have seen minor graphical changes.

Fixes:
- Some races was starting with the wrong stats upon creation. This has been fixed.
- Minor spelling errors.
- Fixed that the menu buttons sometimes wouldn't become active.
- Some of the drunken oaf's animations didn't work correctly
- I've made the monster's chance to blunder a special attack a fixed value instead of previous agility based system.
- The script didn't calculate correctly how much hp boss the bosses should have. This has been fixed. You're lucky off if you've already beaten them :p
- The great bulbkin will now reward xp to the player upon defeat.