Updates

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Aldar, the guy behind the game, is in a situation right now where he cannot contribute time to continuing to develop this game. So until his situation changes for the better, no updates. 

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
So what happened?

You're nosy. Life happened.

If he said more, I'd tell you to search for it. But since he decided not to hop on the would-be sympathy train and kept to himself, we wait. He was courteous enough to inform us of the break; which is appreciated, and more than I can say for most. He holds no obligation to say more.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015

If he said more, I'd tell you to search for it. But since he decided not to hop on the would-be sympathy train and kept to himself, we wait. He was courteous enough to inform us of the break; which is appreciated, and more than I can say for most. He holds no obligation to say more.

Pretty much, the fact that he put the patreon on "charge by update" instead of pulling a Breeding Season, shows more respect than many in the industry would. Not going to lie and say I don't hope that he is able to come back soon...but better an honest hiatus than a false hope never fulfilled.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Pretty much, the fact that he put the patreon on "charge by update" instead of pulling a Breeding Season, shows more respect than many in the industry would. Not going to lie and say I don't hope that he is able to come back soon...but better an honest hiatus than a false hope never fulfilled.

+1, this is pretty much the sum of the problem, and how you should be feeling about it.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
+1, this is pretty much the sum of the problem, and how you should be feeling about it.

It's also why I started the thread https://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4223-why-we-love-to-fall/ here, to allow us to show the devs for FoE we still enjoy the game and care, but also do so in a way that isn't harrassing them to start it up again. The main goal is to show support, else what reason would Alder or anyone else have to pick it up again?

Farlun

Nov 28, 2015

This sounded really serious. I can only hope everything's OK for Alder.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
The hiatus is entirely due to burnout, IRL and work taking too much time, and motivational issues. While I appreciate your concern, nothing particularly bad is going on. There just happen to be other things than FoE taking up my time.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
The hiatus is entirely due to burnout, IRL and work taking too much time, and motivational issues. While I appreciate your concern, nothing particularly bad is going on. There just happen to be other things than FoE taking up my time.

I can definitely empathize with this, sorry to hear that you got burned out there and I hope the motivation/inspiration comes back for you. As for IRL and work, another thing I know full well can derail a project for months. Good luck with everything and best wishes. While I hope that you will find the time, energy, and drive to pick it up again, I will not push for it and just wave a flag of support.