Unlocking More Starter Species

LadyRenNeko

Aug 28, 2016
Okay, I know for a fact there's other species you can get as starting races, but what I don't know is how you unlock them. My husband is a backer, so we have the backer download, but I know I've seen more species available than what's listed. So, how do I get the ones that aren't listed anymore?

K

Krynh

Afaik the 5 that you are given a choice of are all that are available. There are special names that will transform you into something else but those are known only to the people who got them as a reward for backing TiTS at an early stage.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
There's only Human, Ausar, Kaiththrit, Leithan, Kui-Tan, and Gryvain. All of which are available at the start. Any other starting race is the result of a PC specific name, which was an Offbeatr reward. Any such names are to be released at the sole discretion of their owner. Posting said names without their consent would be a dick move as well.

I've been a backer since Mhen'ga was the only planet and I've only seen three added since then. Or I'm entirely wrong and there is some Konami Code type shit that unlocks more. I really doubt that last part though.

Side note: I really need to refresh the page when I leave my tablet on.

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyRenNeko

Aug 28, 2016
There's only Human, Ausar, Kaiththrit, Leithan, Kui-Tan, and Gryvain. All of which are available at the start. Any other starting race is the result of a PC specific name, which was an Offbeatr reward. Any such names are to be released at the sole discretion of their owner. Posting said names without their consent would be a dick move as well.

I've been a backer since Mhen'ga was the only planet and I've only seen three added since then. Or I'm entirely wrong and there is some Konami Code type shit that unlocks more. I really doubt that last part though.

Side note: I really need to refresh the page when I leave my tablet on.

I had a birdlike one there for a bit, but after I updated my backer version, that got replaced with the Gryvain.

K

Krynh

I had a birdlike one there for a bit, but after I updated my backer version, that got replaced with the Gryvain.

I don't remember any bird like ones. Gryvians are fairly recent as well, used to be four.

Drake37

Aug 28, 2016
Afaik the 5 that you are given a choice of are all that are available. There are special names that will transform you into something else but those are known only to the people who got them as a reward for backing TiTS at an early stage.

Is there a place where i can ask what my name was? i pledged back when TITS was on offbeatr but i cannot seem to find any sort of place where my backer name was recorded. ( i did link my accounts and the one of the main website shows that i have the $80 backer tier on my account)

princezilla

Aug 24, 2016
The current starting races seem pretty comprehensive considering that they are basically just templates/archetypes to make it easier to get to what you actually want your character to look like once you start modding the only addition I could really see being worth adding is Ovir because of the inverted gender presentation. Unless there are plans to make what you start as matter more in game they aren't that important with the shear number of transformation options available while you play.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
The gynomorph doc has provisions for your character being a half-gynomorph initially, so maybe if that ever gets done or others include that kind of thing we'll see more starting race options.

K

Krynh

Is there a place where i can ask what my name was? i pledged back when TITS was on offbeatr but i cannot seem to find any sort of place where my backer name was recorded. ( i did link my accounts and the one of the main website shows that i have the $80 backer tier on my account)

From what I know about it, you would have been sent an email asking you about a name and what sort of character you wanted from it.

You will ned to send an email to Fenoxo and ask him about it.

Last edited: