Unable to save file?

serpentyne

Nov 26, 2016
Second question in two days, and yet again I suspect I might be missing something obvious - I've been trying to save my progress to my desktop (Mac), but only the "Save" button works; the "Save File" option just leads to it "Attempting to save data to file..." forever. I'm honestly scared of what will happen to my data when I restart my computer lol. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

(I'm using Safari if that helps.)

K

Krynh

As long as you don't clear cookies the save files will stay. Save to file might be something to do with permissions

serpentyne

Nov 26, 2016
I can't load my game from another browser though - says there aren't any saved files. Where on my computer should I be looking to load the save files from?

serpentyne

Nov 26, 2016
Thanks for the link! I couldn't follow the folder path (I'm using a Mac, and there wasn't a Macromedia folder under Preferences) and neither could I find a .sol file using the search function; they weren't in my hidden files, either. My cookies haven't been cleared at all. ><; Any other ideas?

[added] I tested the Save File function using Chrome rather than Safari and it worked fine, there was a beautiful .tits file in my Downloads folder... perhaps it's a browser problem? (I still can't find any .sol files though)

Last edited:
K

Krynh

Thanks for the link! I couldn't follow the folder path (I'm using a Mac, and there wasn't a Macromedia folder under Preferences) and neither could I find a .sol file using the search function; they weren't in my hidden files, either. My cookies haven't been cleared at all. ><; Any other ideas?

[added] I tested the Save File function using Chrome rather than Safari and it worked fine, there was a beautiful .tits file in my Downloads folder... perhaps it's a browser problem? (I still can't find any .sol files though)
Have you tried variants like *.sol and TiTs_1.sol ? In the end it doesnt really matter, just play on chrome from now on seeing as it lets you save to file.

serpentyne

Nov 26, 2016
Have you tried variants like *.sol and TiTs_1.sol ? In the end it doesnt really matter, just play on chrome from now on seeing as it lets you save to file.

Yeah, I have - nothing turns up. And my saved slots on Safari don't turn up on Chrome, so if I want to play on Chrome, I'll have to start all over again...

K

Krynh

Yeah, I have - nothing turns up. And my saved slots on Safari don't turn up on Chrome, so if I want to play on Chrome, I'll have to start all over again...
Not showing up on chrome is normal. Each browser saves its cookies and other files in different folders.

Last edited by a moderator: