UN classifies "video game addiction" a "Disease " apparently...

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
[books/television/dnd/video games/VR...] are a mental sickness that is distorting our youth!!!

Just moving down the list.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Eh, if I want to play videos games until I'm covered in fungus, broke and dead, that is my right and no one else's business.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
In that case, when you die, can I sell your stuff? Specifically the stuff not contaminated with fungus?

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Disease is a pretty broad term and a lot of psychological things have been described as a disease as a result. Just the average person associated the word with, like, the plague or cold.

Reactions: coldmonkey

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
TL;DR - Same shit, different day by the same people in a game of "telephone" (i.e: what else is new)

I'm of the impression that News Media is a Cordyceps plague, i'm half expecting crackpot 'scientists' to spout non-sense regarding their 'research' to any news sources just to fuck with people. They'll keep running the same stories over and over again until that dead horse starts sprouting fungal spores and infecting more people with the douchbaggery these glass ceiling gobshites keep cranking out on their infernal printing press machines made from the steel of the titanic, the blood of young virgin interns and the tears of field reporters too stupid to do anything else (probably just as useless as they are in the field).

I'm also not surprised by the UN at this point. They're just a circle jerk of people not getting anything significant done, wasting people's time with bullshit like Meme Bans, Loli Smut crackdowns, and Loot Boxes being considered Gambling. Instead of agreeing to pass legislature on what people shouldn't have nor be doing across the world, we execute the mass genocidal lunatics decapitating people's head on live television and rescue tourists from equally retarded dictators who think people should travel to the capital city of their own country for medical care or electing their 5 year old as General of their military.

Reactions: Natetheman223

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
Eh, if I want to play videos games until I'm covered in fungus, broke and dead, that is my right and no one else's business.
Yes, that's your right. You'd also have a minimum of two diseases (one for your addiction, one for the fungus), in the broadest sense of the word. Until your death, of course, which cures all diseases.

Keet

Jun 15, 2018
Oklahoma
This is beating a dead horse at this point (I'm so sorry) but I'm pretty sure it's just now recognized as a very real addiction that can be treated and people can seek help for without being laughed at and turned away? I mean if ya wanna continue the addiction til you're broke and dead nobody can really stop ya but if someone decides gaming has really taken over and ruined their life professionals have less of an excuse to turn them away.

Headlines like to word shit so it sounds worse than it is and gloss over important things to sound less bad. Sensationalism sells and it's really not going to affect a whole lot.