UHG - Cannot defeat Amara with Kineticist

Adda

Jun 23, 2022
I've tried to defeat Amara with 2 different Kineticist builds--and failed. I've multiple times gotten her down to single digit health only for her to land a hit for all my remaining health (sometimes as much as half my health).

With the first build I had psy tuned vitality, psy vim and entropic whip. I attacked with the whip, blunt weapons, concussive augment and grav flux. Failed, multiple times.

With the second build I had psy shielding, vital siphon and acid cloud. I attacked with entropic leash, blunt weapons, acid cloud and concussive augment. Used vital siphon when desperate.

On both builds I tried throwing in debris clouds. These were often the times I came the closest to defeating Amara.

I don't remember what I was wielding the first time but this time around I have a jolt hammer, which, in most situations does more dmg than the staff found in the Myr caves.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I haven't done that fight with a Kineticist yet, but a few thoughts:
1. Honey Wine to increase your Maximum Energy. 'Snack' with Queen Irellia also works, but that's behind a quest.
2. Shield Booster Mk II for a little extra survivability.
3. Salamander Defense System. She's only 15% resistant to Burning, so it might be enough to finish her off.
4. Stack Burning Resistance? Several of her attacks are at least partially Burning. Salamander Great Coat alone is 50%.

As you noticed, Debris Field is good because it increases enemy accuracy.
Gravity Flux is Unresistable damage. If Amara is Tripped, it will take her turn to stand up. If she stays Tripped, you can follow up with Geothermal Spike.

Last edited:

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Isn't it easier to tease her to defeat her? Or use that sexy gun from anno? Haven't played tits in ages but iirc it was damn difficult defeating her any other way..or it was for me.

khanivore

Nov 21, 2023
also i think Hirudo Devourer would also help in some ways cause it is a Vampiric weapon

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
also i think Hirudo Devourer would also help in some ways cause it is a Vampiric weapon
If you have the stats or Third Eye Aim to support it. NaN Deconstructor is probably better, in this case, because it doesn't have the HP penalty. You'd want to get the Coordinates from Shade, because the Broken Psi Amp requires doing the Ice Queen Distress Call after this quest. (Hopefully it becomes fixable at some point.)

Ideally, Amara is beatable at Level 8-9 with equipment you can get before or on Myrellion, though.

khanivore

Nov 21, 2023
If you have the stats or Third Eye Aim to support it. NaN Deconstructor is probably better, in this case, because it doesn't have the HP penalty. You'd want to get the Coordinates from Shade, because the Broken Psi Amp requires doing the Ice Queen Distress Call after this quest. (Hopefully it becomes fixable at some point.)

Ideally, Amara is beatable at Level 8-9 with equipment you can get before or on Myrellion, though.
but you have to do a lot of running before you reach level 8-9

khanivore

Nov 21, 2023
one thing for sure energy weapons can't do almost anything to her.

but are there other dread lords as well ?

TheShepard256

but are there other dread lords as well ?
Yes, though the only other one that's combatable - Mirian Bragga - is fought in a different game (The Silence, a spin-off about Kara's backstory), and she's literally unbeatable there. She might, however, have a battle in Saendra's finale quest (not yet implemented), and if she does I doubt she'll be unbeatable again.

Adda

Jun 23, 2022
Isn't it easier to tease her to defeat her? Or use that sexy gun from anno? Haven't played tits in ages but iirc it was damn difficult defeating her any other way..or it was for me.
yes - for some reason i often forget i can do that on the major encounters, but yes, i just took her down with tease before she managed to even get my shields down,.

EDIT: My goto tease attacks are Mry venom bite, butt wiggle and vanae milk squirt. Usually in that order and usually that's enough to take down most enemies. Amara needed a second butt wiggle.

Last edited:

Adda

Jun 23, 2022
yes - for some reason i often forget i can do that on the major encounters, but yes, i just took her down with tease before she managed to even get my shields down,.
but you have to do a lot of running before you reach level 8-9
I rarely had to run with Kineticist...once I figured out what works for me...but I have had encounters like Amara that completely stumped me. There's one on Zeng Shi that I struggle to defeat with the kineticist as well. In my own personal opinion the kineticist is hands down the most challenging of classes to play, I've had to rely on tease far, far more often. On tough encounters where tease doesn't work, like the electric jellyfish on Uveto, getting through the encounter almost feels like luck with the kineticist while most of the other classes, if I'm prepared, I can take it without too much difficulty.
Having said that, Theron suggests using consumables to amplify energy. This is a great idea, and one of my personal weaknesses. In every game I've ever played I almost always forget to use my consumable resources.

khanivore

Nov 21, 2023
I rarely had to run with Kineticist...once I figured out what works for me...but I have had encounters like Amara that completely stumped me. There's one on Zeng Shi that I struggle to defeat with the kineticist as well. In my own personal opinion the kineticist is hands down the most challenging of classes to play, I've had to rely on tease far, far more often. On tough encounters where tease doesn't work, like the electric jellyfish on Uveto, getting through the encounter almost feels like luck with the kineticist while most of the other classes, if I'm prepared, I can take it without too much difficulty.
Having said that, Theron suggests using consumables to amplify energy. This is a great idea, and one of my personal weaknesses. In every game I've ever played I almost always forget to use my consumable resources.
well i like and use some kineticist powers in almost all of my challenging encounters like Gravity Crush , Mind Crush , Acid Cloud and Psychogenic Vim.
These are the ones i use the most.